July 6th Ragnarok RE:START mini RESTART - Page 6 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 6th Ragnarok RE:START mini RESTART

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#126 AriaEschata

AriaEschata

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Is there an issue with the bandwidth?

#127 Tsugam

Tsugam

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Lag alot in maps of HO and Toy Factory, lol.

please, do something...

#128 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

we can't play with this -_-ty bots

#129 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

It isnt just Pront. I was in Byalan, Payon Dungeon, and kobolds, and lagged just as much.

Map servers have more than one area in them typically. Would be cool to get a list.

#130 SirFashion

SirFashion

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Just IP ban the bots that are online right now, please x.x

#131 BrethrenAm

BrethrenAm

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

lagging severly wasnt lagging yesterday...

#132 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

I considered buying VIP for the first time in months just because this new server intrigued me despite all the "hiccups", but something told me to hold off. Glad I did. The game is unplayable.

#133 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

What's wrong with bots except the fact they are breaking the eula/Terms of Service? Do they really destroy something? I mean look at the window. It's not 2003, its 2017.
Let's be honest here: most of us are not in school anymore, we have families and full-time jobs so nobody wants spending days hunting for things like creamy cards and other stuff on x1 rates. It's totally insane.

So as for the players theres 2 options for any of us:
- we buy it from botters for lower and reasonable price
- we do bot it ourself

Yes, the server is all new, but do we really need overpriced low and mid-tier items on the market?

And because of bots, that's why we don't get new players to farm low tire items and we directly drive new players away. It's 2017 and? Every year there are new young generations to join the servers in Thai RO. They are kids and they are what keep the servers alive and friendly to new players lol

Wanna know why thRo at one point has over 300k people online while jRO and kRO (both developed countries where people probably work harder than any countries in the world) are doing well without bots?

Are you coming from Classic? lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 06 July 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#134 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

And because of bots, that's why we don't get new players to farm low tire items and we directly drive new players away. It's 2017 and? Every year there are new young generations to join the servers in Thai RO. They are kids and they are what keep the servers alive and friendly to new players lol

Wanna know why thRo at one point has over 300k people online while jRO and kRO (both developed countries where people probably work harder than any countries in the world) are doing well without bots?

Are you coming from Classic? lol

When talking about bots, I never talking about who's botting or not and also pointless antibot. It's about how the game design...

RO is like one game where bot is effective in almost if not all levels. When I played other similar MMOs they get bots here and there but ultimately the best in-game money farming is not using bots. When you reach end game level, you can't simply bot. Bot is simply newbie tool...

Another good point is these games have good features for money sinker and I also played game where Vending is only unlocked on high levels, imagine that you can only vend as Genetics (Players can still sell, just not with automatic process. Botters are anti-social so it's not gonna work for them)

kRO permission thing is also one of game design I'm talking about. Otherwise, we can just customize Strawberry drops at Bio4 only. Even smartest botter can't do that easily... It's the game system that made bot is really profitable when you still using Straw effectively in end game...Same goes as Ori/Elu and other common needed items... It doesn't matter renewal, classic, and revoclassic server, they only have different mechanic balance.

Edited by Exvee, 06 July 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#135 Tragedy414

Tragedy414

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Whatever you guys did, after saying you did something to the server.. Messed the entire thing up.  Game was running perfectly fine, Catniptor announces "changes they are making" = skipping through any map immediately following said announcement :/

#136 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

2500 player 

and almost 1000-1500 bots.

The sad truth.

#137 shiroyuuki

shiroyuuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos // Re:Start

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

What's wrong with bots except the fact they are breaking the eula/Terms of Service? Do they really destroy something? I mean look at the window. It's not 2003, its 2017.

Let's be honest here: most of us are not in school anymore, we have families and full-time jobs so nobody wants spending days hunting for things like creamy cards and other stuff on x1 rates. It's totally insane.

So as for the players theres 2 options for any of us:

- we buy it from botters for lower and reasonable price

- we do bot it ourself

Yes, the server is all new, but do we really need overpriced low and mid-tier items on the market?

My three cents:

1. As far as I know anything that have the word "breaking" or "breeching" of any written conditions (e.g. breaking the rule, breaking the law, breaking the agreement, breaking the constitution, etc) is usually wrong. So to start with, breaking EULA / T&C that you have agreed upon can be considered wrong, unless there is a very strong reason to justify.

2. It is indeed 2017 and not 2003. Just like you (I supposed), I have also graduated from university, is working full-time and have life commitments. The reason why I come back to play Re:Start is because I'm looking to go back to 2003 where the fun first began. Thus, I don't mind grinding and farming items for days (even consumables) when I can, because hey, that's what MMORPG is all about and supposed to be, isn't it? Beside, there is satisfaction in seeing a Creamy Card drop from your own effort. Same goes with all new players who just started the game. It may sounds 'insane' to you, but to many others we call it fun and challenging.

Now the problem is, with all the bots around, it makes farming harder because there are more competitions on the map and lack of monsters to kill. Not to count the lag caused as contributing factor too. With that in mind, thus I wonder how does ruining pure game experience for people who really want to play the game can be justified as acceptable ?

3. In terms of cash shop...why don't we see it this way? Say, to follow your example, you are no longer a school kid, have full-time jobs, families and other commitments, right? Well, there you go !! There are items available, for a relatively ok cost (at least I believe a full-time worker should be able to afford), to enhance your gameplay and experience.

And if someone get called P2W for that...well, why give it a care ? e.g. I can afford it and it's legal as far as WP and EULA concern. Plus RO is a cheap hobby for me so I don't mind throwing a few $ I can spare for entertainment & leisure. If I go to the cinema, bowling alley, karaoke or other leisure activity whatsoever, I ended up spending as much anyway.Besides, WP need money to maintain the server and pay their staffs (including GMs). so consider it a win-win option to support the game and have fun at the same time.

I'm writing this on the basis that I've been playing this game for a while and decided to quit after the grand merging of the classic three servers to Chaos (which I think literally resulted in Chaos), then followed by the grand migration of other servers into Renewal. If I want EZ-mode game with decent enough gears to WoE and MVP, then I could've stick to renewal. I came here to start fresh, as a loyal customer/subscriber, and a fan of this game, but the bot / lag isn't helping.

Edited by shiroyuuki, 06 July 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#138 Margarethahp

Margarethahp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Lmao it's really easy to spot bot users

Edited by Margarethahp, 06 July 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#139 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

When you realize that every area you're in (even high level areas) you're surrounded by bots. It's very discouraging to keep playing. I was having a blast at the start, but now it feels like- whats the point in playing when the majority aren't.

#140 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

If the game wasn't ready to take on bots, provide us the necessary info such as what kind of mechanics is being used for what (monsters, stats, drop rates etc), warp portals missing, necessary quest npcs not available, why did you bother starting in the first place.. I get that the game is still in Beta.. but it's been quite a rough week. 

Such a downer after a few days. I was really looking forward to playing the entire weekend but the past week hasn't been all that bright. 

Edited by rhexis, 07 July 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#141 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:40 AM

1. Botting is not allowed on the server and GMs will be actively patrolling.

it don't feel like it ...

#142 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

The funny thing is. Bots don't experience the lag right now. Theyre doing just fine. The real playerbase is sitting in town.

This is turning real players into futter botters. Not good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users