iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Since this server is based on Renewal when it comes to attack, would it be more beneficial to just use a refined Lance as opposed to a fully carded Pike[4]?

The only downside is Pike being the best option for 1H Spear to be able to use a shield.

But Lance and other high attack spears at this time are 2H.

I'm starting to wonder if a pure Spear Knight is not as efficient as it could be on this server. Especially if you're missing out on a Thara Frog carded shield in lieu of a 2H spear for more attack.

Could use some advice since I haven't really played with Renewal mechanics. Thanks.

#2 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

yes the attack of the weapon is the most important thing for now, so you have 3 options, get a trident(3) or a lance and relay on your vit and attack/aspd, use a shield and 1hweapon like a swordmace and bowling bash the hella of everything, or farm gryphons and pray to the gods for a poll axe

and by saying going full spear you mean getting brandish spear, don't, for any build, get BB

#3 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

and by saying going full spear you mean getting brandish spear, don't, for any build, get BB

That's exactly what I was doing. First time of not getting BB on a Knight and going for Brandish. I didn't know Pole Axe was out yet because that's about the best option even if hard to get.

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Bowling bash is far superior.

The lance is really nice for high orcs, but you can also use a claymore and two hand quicken, which can make a world of difference. Either way, elemental weapons will easily pay for themselves.

Edited by Myzery, 07 July 2017 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users