Solution for Patching Problems - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Solution for Patching Problems

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

1. Stop trying to reinstall Dragon Saga.At least until it is fixed. When I had a problem with patching,I decided to reinstall the client only to have new problems arise.
  • Old patch look (not so bothersome for some people)
  • market/item mall button not working
  • pink/purple/whatever colors appearing in character selection screen/in game
I believe there is something wrong with the installer itself(I may be wrong) because reinstalling over and over does nothing.

2.If you want to repatch without reinstalling follow these notes:

• Go to your Dragon Saga folder by going to [Programs Folder>Gravity>Dragon Saga] and delete(or put somewhere else) the "patch.id" file and nothing else.
  • Open Gateway and it should start patching again. You will notice that the version on the patcher will say DS Ver. 0.0.0. Don't be alarmed because it will only start patching the latest patch which is 0.1.19.
  • ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING RUNNING/DOWNLOADING IN THE BACKGROUND This is a ---HUGE--- Patch and will fail/stop patching if you're messing with crap. If you have a sucky computer/laptop.
  • Repatching this way will take a while to actually start(up to 15-30 for me at least). Please be patient.
The actual patching time will probably be the same as you usually patch.
I have repatched this way when the older patches were not working for me and have successfully repatched without any errors. I was able to play the game just fine.

This recent patch will take up to 3G of space which is pretty huge. If you are still getting problems after patching this way, it is simply because you do not have enough room or computer/laptop just cannot handle patching the large file.

As far as runtime errors go, make sure you update windows. I've had the patcher stop at certain percentages, and have had to close it and open it only to have it believe it has patched 100%(though I never had a runtime error popup). Repatching using the method above has fixed it for me so give it a try.

NOTE: If this repatching method has worked for you, please let me know in your posts.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 08:42 AM.

#2 geneizee

geneizee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

i reinstalled the client and also gateway. and now it's patching again. it started downloading from v 0.0.3 -- will this work?

#3 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

That's how it normally works when you reinstall the game client. It may or may not work for you, so I'm not sure.

#4 Alita

Alita

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

This is a ---HUGE--- Patch

This is a huge patch because of various useless dump files.

#5 geneizee

geneizee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:07 AM

thanks. i'm still waiting to see if it will work -_- your post helps tho :) thanks again :)

#6 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:07 AM

Tried your method and all that happened was the patcher stopped working and then i had to reinstall the client due to corrupt files

re-patching again now going to try and note what file it is if it crashes again.

#7 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

This is a huge patch because of various useless dump files.

I know, I saw the dump files patching and all I could do was qq. :<

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 07:09 AM.

#8 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

Tried your method and all that happened was the patcher stopped working and then i had to reinstall the client due to corrupt files

re-patching again now going to try and note what file it is if it crashes again.

I know it looks like it stops working but its not. If you read my first post carefully I said that it takes a while to ---start--- patching. :/

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#9 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

No i mean i opened task manager and the patcher was in not responding mode

#10 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Well, I hope you didn't have anything else running/downloading in the background. Just have the patcher the only thing that is running while doing this. I closed everything(includiing internet explorer) to prevent the client from freezing whatever and just left it alone and it patched just fine. Like I said before, this is a ridiculously huge patch. If you have a crappy computer, you're gonna get crappy to no results. Please make sure you have enough room for this patch.

#11 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

I have more than enough room it's installed on an external drive with at least 400GB of free space on it and i've not had problems patching at all before now.

tried to patch again after reinstalling got the runtime error again

This is the file that causes it once that file gets to 100% it reads to memory and the runtime crash happens:
Posted Image

#12 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

That is the large dump file that some people have been saying that causes the patch to fail. I have a "log" folder in my dragon saga "release" folder that has that .dmp file. I am not sure what it means myself. :[

#13 DaiGen

DaiGen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

well, i tried your method. i moved the patch.id file onto my desktop, then started the patcher. but now all it's doing is "creating client list" for at least 5 minutes now, with no real indication of anything happening, other than it lagging my comp to holy where-satan-lives -_-

#14 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

well, i tried your method. i moved the patch.id file onto my desktop, then started the patcher. but now all it's doing is "creating client list" for at least 5 minutes now, with no real indication of anything happening, other than it lagging my comp to holy where-satan-lives -_-

I've said several times(qq) that this is going to happen. I suggest you let the patcher sit there with nothing else running(browser included) and let it patch. It ---will--- start patching eventually. Be patient. :T

I'll repeat it here:

It WILL take up to 15 or so minutes for it to ---start--- the patching process. Afte it starts, it will be patching the latest version.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 07:47 AM.

#15 neatflocks

neatflocks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Haven't had time to patch yet, but I'll be sure to do what you suggest! When I've failed to patch in the past (had pink backgrounds, etc) it was because I was doing stuff while it was patching. So yes, just let the patcher run, guys.

Thanks for all the advice! (:

#16 polarb3ar

polarb3ar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

I'm trying this now thanks -_-....waiting ~15mins righttt
my gf is trying to do the other method (uninstall, reinstall)

if it works we get married yayy

EDIT:
Seems like the things ppl have said about hdd space might be true for this method for me (4gb space), while my gf has about 50gb and still failed patch normal method.

Edited by polarb3ar, 17 December 2010 - 08:29 AM.

#17 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

I didnt say 15 mins exactly. I said 15-30 mins(in my first post).

You guys really need to be patient when doing this. I find it much easier(and better) than reinstalling a faulty installer for however many hours when it takes about a half hour to repatch this way.

#18 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

It gets to 33.5% and gets a runtime error. All I am running is the patcher.

#19 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

Does it stop when there is a dump(.dmp) file patching? I am not sure what those dump files do for the client D: Those ".dmp" are pretty big from what I'm seeing in my log folder and it seems to be the main culprit in failed patching/errors.

Again, this patch gets 3G bigger when its done. Some of you probably don't have the RAM to handle it. For those that do have the space, I can only advise to just try again and just let the patch run.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#20 MatoKuroi

MatoKuroi

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Doesn't work stops at 48% for me and it wasn't the dmp file or anything and i had 60 gb free space so problem can't be solved

#21 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

I've never reached a breaking point with a game before, but I'm definitely getting there. IAH is starting to look pretty damn good right now.

#22 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

Does it stop when there is a dump(.dmp) file patching? I am not sure what those dump files do for the client D: Those ".dmp" are pretty big from what I'm seeing in my log folder and it seems to be the main culprit in failed patching/errors.

Again, this patch gets 3G bigger when its done. Some of you probably don't have the RAM to handle it. For those that do have the space, I can only advise to just try again and just let the patch run.

I've got 2 gig RAM the minimum needed and with pagefile they could put the whole patch into memory on my machine

based on my bugged client trick (I have a portal to drakos but it doesn't work while in the full correct patch there's no portal there yet) I'm thinking some of this large data could be drakos stuff that they just haven't activated for players to use yet

#23 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

When it stopped, did you get an error popup? If there was no error, then just let it keep patching. Some parts of the patching takes longer than others.

#24 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:58 AM

I've never reached a breaking point with a game before, but I'm definitely getting there. IAH is starting to look pretty damn good right now.

Agreed Gateway and all these problems are too much.

#25 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Well, I apologize if it's not working for some people. I just wanted to offer a solution by posting a method that has worked for me several times before from questionable patches. There's not much more I can offer other than to hope you can play again. :<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users