Solution for Patching Problems - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Solution for Patching Problems

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

Well, I apologize if it's not working for some people. I just wanted to offer a solution by posting a method that has worked for me several times before from questionable patches. There's not much more I can offer other than to hope you can play again. :<

Well thanks for doing that. Im glad someone knows what they are talking about. This is sad im soo bored im now trolling!

#27 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

but r they working on fixing this probably? and "if" they fix it, does that mean we have to re-download the game >.>

#28 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

but r they working on fixing this probably? and "if" they fix it, does that mean we have to re-download the game >.>

Most likely. They will tell you to reinstall the game. I'm not so sure if they will provide a "fix" if there is no actual problem on their end. Calanor already say that they weren't having any issues updating the patch.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#29 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Can any of you get in the game i can but my skills are invisble (e.g hammer crush, broom jab and ninja form just shuts down the whole thing) is anyone else having the same problem?

#30 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

lol....they aint having the problem so they think its ok?? O.o but everyone else is having a problem and they think the game is fine.......

#31 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

my patch failed at 58.71% but I can still get in by running dragonica.exe

It says it's version 0.1.19 so I guess it's tricking the server into thinking I have the correct version so the server lets me in however there are some bugs with it that are pretty major (market and cash shop dont work and none of the christmas stuff from the patch being the main ones)

they'll probably fix the little exploitive way in that i found by chance before they fix the issue with the patch knowing my luck -_-

#32 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

It says it's version 0.1.19 so I guess it's tricking the server into thinking I have the correct version so the server lets me in however there are some bugs with it that are pretty major (market and cash shop dont work and none of the christmas stuff from the patch being the main ones)

they'll probably fix the little exploitive way in that i found by chance before they fix the issue with the patch knowing my luck -_-

lol mine failed at 47% and if i try to run the game, i get the big white screen, nothing else >.>

#33 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

i can get in there is just no NPCs and I can't use skills.

#34 shelder

shelder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

how do u get in there O.o

#35 Darkay77

Darkay77

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

Thank you -_- At least this method worked for me.

#36 FootNinja

FootNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

I tried this method already and it worked except all the christmas decorations were purple/pink of that corrupt stuff.. however i did delete all the Roms and emulators i had that may have had it to work slower.. so do you think reinstalling the normal will work?? Otherwise how can the pink corrupt stuff be fixed?? what if i reinstall one more time?

#37 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

Thank you -_- At least this method worked for me.

I'm really glad it worked for you. =)

@Footninja-yes, if you have pink stuff showing up, reinstalling it will fix it. If it doesn't patch correctly after reinstalling, just redo the method if it worked for you. Make sure you're not doing anything else other than patching because that can cause abnormal things to happen.

Edited by Lanili, 17 December 2010 - 09:54 AM.

#38 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

lol mine failed at 47% and if i try to run the game, i get the big white screen, nothing else >.>

How are you trying to run the game?

after mine failed to patch I tried running it again and it opened up the dragonsaga.exe client and froze on the white screen I closed that and ended the dragonsaga.exe process in the windows taskmanager and then went to my install folder and ran the dragonica.exe client it sat on a white screen for about 5-10 seconds and then the normal warp portal logo showed up followed by the barunson logo and then the login screen and it let me in.

Still logged in right now leaching exp from a guildmate whos patch didn't fail thanks to this ^

#39 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

I'd like to add something- I had a problem updating last night. The patcher stopped halfway through, game client said it was 0.1.19 but game client crashed at startup (because the patch failed).

I don't recommend deleting "patch.id".
When I deleted patch.id the patcher would freeze when generating client lists.
Instead back the file up somewhere, open the original with Notepad++, erase the contents and save it. This will cause the patcher to start recovery mode and figure out where to patch.

Also, when patching is completed don't forget to delete the "/release/logs/exception" folder.

Edited by Miname, 17 December 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#40 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Haha, I did the same thing when my patch failed. Funny thing was the lack of snow and inability to talk to the MyHome dude even though he appeared in the correct spot.

#41 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Yeah no snow for me -_-

I was actually able to buy a My home though (did notice that npc's lists of options disappear after about 2 seconds so have to click quick) but they're worthless until we're able to buy the furniture anyway (something no one can do as they're not in the shop yet)

#42 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

I think it's unnecessary for a 3gig patch, I mean, this isn't WoW where a lot of environments have to be drastically changed or something
Still, wondering WHY it is taking so much space

#43 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

I think it's unnecessary for a 3gig patch, I mean, this isn't WoW where a lot of environments have to be drastically changed or something
Still, wondering WHY it is taking so much space

Patching big files, perhaps? They files are probably being re-downloaded and replaced instead of actually patched. I don't know fore sure though.
I'm just basing this off of the download patch files I found.

#44 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Yeah no snow for me -_-

I was actually able to buy a My home though (did notice that npc's lists of options disappear after about 2 seconds so have to click quick) but they're worthless until we're able to buy the furniture anyway (something no one can do as they're not in the shop yet)

Thats because you are running dragonica.exe. That exe is calling different things than dragonsaga.exe (again i dont know for sure)
The patch # is determined by the patch id file I mentioned earlier, so the patch number you see on the top of the game window doesn't necessarily correlate to the game client you are running.
Try deleting the contents of the patch id file and running the patcher again.

#45 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Patching big files, perhaps? They files are probably being re-downloaded and replaced instead of actually patched. I don't know fore sure though.
I'm just basing this off of the download patch files I found.

But the entire game itself was less than 2gigs...
I mean, there is NO WAY that maybe five visual map changes, weddings, myhomes, and Drakos (since we can tell it is implemented, just not available) can be 3+ gigs if everything else was already less than that

#46 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

lol....they aint having the problem so they think its ok?? O.o but everyone else is having a problem and they think the game is fine.......

tbh i had absolutely no problem downloading the patch, and had no in-game problems afterwards. .___. but obviously there is a wide-spread problem for everyone else, so hopefully you guys can figure it out.

#47 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

But the entire game itself was less than 2gigs...
I mean, there is NO WAY that maybe five visual map changes, weddings, myhomes, and Drakos (since we can tell it is implemented, just not available) can be 3+ gigs if everything else was already less than that

Are you sure it's three gigs though? I'm pretty sure my temp download patch files didn't go over 1.5 gigs.

#48 ChoasRage

ChoasRage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

tyty it works

#49 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

When I first installed the client it was under 2

#50 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

Thats because you are running dragonica.exe. That exe is calling different things than dragonsaga.exe (again i dont know for sure)
The patch # is determined by the patch id file I mentioned earlier, so the patch number you see on the top of the game window doesn't necessarily correlate to the game client you are running.
Try deleting the contents of the patch id file and running the patcher again.

I know that

I even know how to change the name of the game in the top of the window by editing the .ini file >_>

but i will try that with the patch id file.

also something fun just happened while i was smashing up equipment from a css run the game destroyed everything in my equip inv. at once but then gave it back .5 of a second later

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users