GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

We a already have a tons of bots on server, people selling a large amount of itens cleary not dropped by a human begin. 

So I leave here a suggestion and question, why does the iRO not have an anti-bot system?

Easy Anti-Cheat form Finland is used on Thai servers.

CheatDefender on Philppines  Apparently it seems to work and they do not have bots.

These issues of lag are clearly related to Bots as well, We need a quick fix while the server is new and has not yet had permanent damage or people will start to lose interest in the game. Again....

Sorry for bad English

:P

So I leave here a suggestion and question, why does the iRO not have an anti-bot system?

Edited by GenkakuBR, 11 July 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#2 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

Agreed. Something must be done.

But they ignore every question regarding bots...

#3 reiko57

reiko57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

this is getting ridiculous, at least they should give us an answer on why they haven't implemented something like this or when are they gonna do it

#4 shinz97

shinz97

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Totally true, i myself have been reading forums a lot and many people talk about bots/even mention about getting an antibot system as well, but the staff just never seem to respond.. would really like this server to be clean and pure players :(

#5 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

There are some sucessful on PS as well... Gravity also is trying to sell a new feature (safe engine), after all this time '-'

#6 Rabioso

Rabioso

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

YES PLEASE!

#7 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

not going to happen. If history tells us anything, it's that gravity NA would rather hunt bots manually on stream and occasionally rather than implementing a preventative system.

You can literally say whatever you like in these threads "bot" threads. It'll be ignored anyway lol.

#8 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

We would have to get the community involved for them to take action on this subject since they want to ignore us on an issue that has been ongoing for years. At this point , the only reason they would ignore this to such an extent is if they benefited from it in some way.

#9 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

those both dont work at all and are a waste of money

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

We a already have a tons of bots on server, people selling a large amount of itens cleary not dropped by a human begin. 

CheatDefender on Philppines  Apparently it seems to work and they do not have bots.

These issues of lag are clearly related to Bots as well, We need a quick fix while the server is new and has not yet had permanent damage or people will start to lose interest in the game. Again....

Sorry for bad English

For now please make sure to submit bot reports to the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com.

An antibot/cheat system is something that we are willing explore with the studio. Yes, we do talk to them about it but it take time to move forward on these projects.

#11 banSean

banSean

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

bots healthy for the server.

#12 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

For now please make sure to submit bot reports to the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com.

An antibot/cheat system is something that we are willing explore with the studio. Yes, we do talk to them about it but it take time to move forward on these projects.

Camp, the bots have been farming spores since I was 19 years old: I'm about to turn 26. So you're saying it takes 7+ years to move forward on the implementation of an anti-bot/cheat system or to even consider it? Obviously there's other reasons this hasn't gone forward that prevents you from elaborating on this topic in the forums however, we need a fix. The players have been fussing about bots and their affects on the game for over 10 years and not much has been done. You guys can get on a twitch stream all day and ban bots with good intentions but intentions without real impact is meaningless. Other companies have released AAA titles, major expansions, and meaninful quality-of-life changes to their products in the last 7 years and you're saying you guys can only explore the idea  of anti-bot systems? Wow.

Edited by Kalazam, 11 July 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#13 banSean

banSean

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

There's more important things to tend to than people crying about everything being cheap.

#14 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

There's more important things to tend to than people crying about everything being cheap.

I spit out my drink. This is my favorite post now. LOL!

#15 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

it's been 14 years, its't enough time to have some kind of protection?

#16 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

First, Thanks for the honest answer

We all know the reporting system, but I believe that this system is delayed by the human factor, I believe that the players would support an anti-cheat project, if it was costly to the company maybe collective financing would help. Anything to help eradicate this evil that as said has disrupted the game for more than a decade!

Edited by GenkakuBR, 11 July 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#17 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Sorry for bad English

I understand your complaints but its Ragnarok Online.....there is and there always will be bots.  It doesn't matter which cheat defender n such you use.  All of this can be bypassed.  The problem with these bots is the mix of renewal/classic only provides only a few maps that are decent for leveling and obviously they bots are congested in these areas.  Modifying the level of some monsters n such would go along way.  Also the reason you don't get much of a response is because some botting is basically required on a new server to get items out in the market.  People will argue this but i doubt you want every single card you goto buy costing a fortune while your only means of producing zeny is vendoring trash.  Bots help start the economy out and i certainly don't mind lower prices when i goto buy thing.

#18 Kervaz

Kervaz

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Perhaps you will judge me for comparing this with ... that, but here I go.

From what I’ve experienced bots have always been the biggest factor in making most of the new players, at least new ones at official RO, left it behind after a few days and go to their shady RO lives in someone’s personal computer/server.

The thing is that once they notice most of the “players” in low level zones are bots, they all feel disappointed, they cannot believe it. They question “How can it be possible, for the OFFICIAL SERVER to be plagued with bots?” always come into the conversation of why they disliked the experience of the official service, “I mean is the official dude, they should be the best, most secure and professional of them all right?” they say with disbelief.

Now reporting them is no solution, just a waste of our playing time. Bots won’t feel 1, 2, 3 or hundreds of banned accounts. Banning IP, ranges could affect player.

Back to me, RO REStart announces and I hope into the hype train, and was really hyped for the first days, last experience was iRO Valkyrie first free official server (Classic back then), right now I want to try Renewal, a few days have passed and then… bots. Hey at least is not like in Valkyrie, where bots could crash clients spamming the chat.

Preventing bots at 100% rate is not a feasible solution for any server but not really trying anything neither is it.

The truth I would feel ashamed to invite old RO friends to play REstart, all because of the bots. I mean how could I explain to them that “it is ok, bots have always been here”, when they should not? :hmm:

#19 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

I understand your complaints but its Ragnarok Online.....there is and there always will be bots.  It doesn't matter which cheat defender n such you use.  All of this can be bypassed.  The problem with these bots is the mix of renewal/classic only provides only a few maps that are decent for leveling and obviously they bots are congested in these areas.  Modifying the level of some monsters n such would go along way.  Also the reason you don't get much of a response is because some botting is basically required on a new server to get items out in the market.  People will argue this but i doubt you want every single card you goto buy costing a fortune while your only means of producing zeny is vendoring trash.  Bots help start the economy out and i certainly don't mind lower prices when i goto buy thing.

ThaiRO and Philippnes are exemples.

They claim to have zero bot or something close to that.

I think that some people use bot there, but making it more difficult to use, it greatly reduces the incidence of bots, because without anti cheat anyone can put bot in iRO

Edited by GenkakuBR, 11 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#20 Crazyspike

Crazyspike

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Willing to explore with the studio? This sounds like you are someone who is renting an apartment and ask approval to hang pictures. Go ahead disclose how you are able to make a project like this, because its honestly worse than any unlicensed version I have ever seen.

We want the number of " Staff " working on the project, server specifications and what data center you having this service hosted on because I have proof its being piggy backed on other gravity projects currently that is why you have such a limp ability to get stuff done.

#21 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

ThaiRO and Philippnes are exemples.

They claim to have zero bot or something close to that.

I think that some people use bot there, but making it more difficult to use, it greatly reduces the incidence of bots, because without anti cheat anyone can put bot in iRO

Thai and pRO also got HUGE playerbases while RO is dead here. So yea, I don't think you should compare...

#22 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Thai and pRO also got HUGE playerbases while RO is dead here. So yea, I don't think you should compare...

Why not? We talking about anti-bot system on the same game...Playerbase does not matter......

On other Exemple bRO uses Game Guard and they have tons of bot....

A guy above said bots healthy for the server and There's more important things to tend to than people crying about everything being cheap.

This kind of person rly dont understand why honest people leave the game or 

He just does not care because he does not want to try anything ... it's easier to have the little robot get the items for him.

Edited by GenkakuBR, 11 July 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#23 satoshixsin

satoshixsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

I see bots in every map.. Dying to groups of mob and coming back again in few mins and dying again.

If admin is not going to do anything for a report system then u will only have two choices. Either to quit the game or join them. If u cant beat them then join them.

#24 6760131009171914083

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

None of this matters. You even got the staff to reply. They have no intention of doing a dam thing. Far to cheap and lazy. Trust. If they actually cared, something would've happened a longggg time ago. 

#25 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

First, Thanks for the honest answer

We all know the reporting system, but I believe that this system is delayed by the human factor, I believe that the players would support an anti-cheat project, if it was costly to the company maybe collective financing would help. Anything to help eradicate this evil that as said has disrupted the game for more than a decade!

I'd help ^^

And thanks, Camp, for the answer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users