We need a Anti-Bot System - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

We need a Anti-Bot System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#26 Melu

Melu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

yes please

#27 AriaEschata

AriaEschata

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Long overdue.

#28 IFreak

IFreak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

Please Campitor  :p_love:

#29 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

the game is too grindy that why some people use bot 

#30 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Capta?

#31 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Perhaps you will judge me for comparing this with ... that, but here I go.

From what I’ve experienced bots have always been the biggest factor in making most of the new players, at least new ones at official RO, left it behind after a few days and go to their shady RO lives in someone’s personal computer/server.

The thing is that once they notice most of the “players” in low level zones are bots, they all feel disappointed, they cannot believe it. They question “How can it be possible, for the OFFICIAL SERVER to be plagued with bots?” always come into the conversation of why they disliked the experience of the official service, “I mean is the official dude, they should be the best, most secure and professional of them all right?” they say with disbelief.

Now reporting them is no solution, just a waste of our playing time. Bots won’t feel 1, 2, 3 or hundreds of banned accounts. Banning IP, ranges could affect player.

Back to me, RO REStart announces and I hope into the hype train, and was really hyped for the first days, last experience was iRO Valkyrie first free official server (Classic back then), right now I want to try Renewal, a few days have passed and then… bots. Hey at least is not like in Valkyrie, where bots could crash clients spamming the chat.

Preventing bots at 100% rate is not a feasible solution for any server but not really trying anything neither is it.

The truth I would feel ashamed to invite old RO friends to play REstart, all because of the bots. I mean how could I explain to them that “it is ok, bots have always been here”, when they should not? :hmm:

You could explain to them that they don't need to run around selling jellopy in order to afford a marc card n such that are basically required. This is a result of the bots farming junk, vendoring it and then providing money into the economy which then allows people to actually buy their items from the bots at a reasonable price and also allows them to sell things at a reasonable price.

You guys don't seem to comprehend what the economy would look like without bots.  Cards would be much much rarer and the only zeny being created for the economy would be the legit players that loot trash from mobs and vendor it.  How long do you think your funds would last while buying white pots n such at a fixed price at this rate?  Bot's produce zeny for the economy and they also provide important items to be sold.  

I said above the reason the botting looks so extreme right now is the fact that there aren't many options for leveling atm.  Take a look at the map and think about it for a moment.  It's organized in a piss poor fashion.  Somehow hodes are lvl 26 on these maps and monster databases yet they clearly aren't in game.  Where exactly are people supposed to level?  Do you think the botters want their characters where a bunch of kiddies are screaming bot reporting them all day lol?  They don't want to be there anymore than you guys want them there.  They should of included more zones and adjusted monster levels/exp to allow for actual leveling in more than maybe 2 or 3 areas depending on your level.

As for all these people saying OMG cheat protection and ip ban blah blah.  Do you realize how easy it is to play through a VPN and completely bypass any ip bans?  Do you realize the bots are already bypassing these protections you expect them to devote money into monthly lol?  The protections cost money and this game doesn't produce much.  It is funded by basically donations for cosmetic and slightly pay to win antics.  They do not have funding for this and they know enough to realize bots are required for an economy especially on a new realm.

So much crying i would love to see the looks on your faces if bots weren't here and you were grinding for 6 hours to get a card and it sells for 100k instead of 10mil as a result of having no bots to add actual zeny into the economy.  I don't see why this is hard to comprehend, bots loot garbage, bots sell garbage to vendor, that zeny is used to buy other items from other players which allows those players to afford higher priced items.  Without this the economy doesn't work.

Bots basically allow you guys to spam potions/strawberries w/e while leveling.  Without them you wouldn't be able to do it.  Do i wish there was some other solution?  Sure, but they aren't going to revamp the entire game to make this happen so accept the fact bots are here to say.

Edited by Wyndor, 11 July 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#32 Chopchop00

Chopchop00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

the game is too grindy that why some people use bot 

Then go and play another mmo where you can get items in the easy way  or [Removed].

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 July 2017 - 08:43 PM.
Please do not ask users to play on illegal servers.

#33 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

You could explain to them that they don't need to run around selling jellopy in order to afford a marc card n such that are basically required. This is a result of the bots farming junk, vendoring it and then providing money into the economy which then allows people to actually buy their items from the bots at a reasonable price and also allows them to sell things at a reasonable price.

You guys don't seem to comprehend what the economy would look like without bots.  Cards would be much much rarer and the only zeny being created for the economy would be the legit players that loot trash from mobs and vendor it.  How long do you think your funds would last while buying white pots n such at a fixed price at this rate?  Bot's produce zeny for the economy and they also provide important items to be sold.  

I said above the reason the botting looks so extreme right now is the fact that there aren't many options for leveling atm.  Take a look at the map and think about it for a moment.  It's organized in a piss poor fashion.  Somehow hodes are lvl 26 on these maps and monster databases yet they clearly aren't in game.  Where exactly are people supposed to level?  Do you think the botters want their characters where a bunch of kiddies are screaming bot reporting them all day lol?  They don't want to be there anymore than you guys want them there.  They should of included more zones and adjusted monster levels/exp to allow for actual leveling in more than maybe 2 or 3 areas depending on your level.

As for all these people saying OMG cheat protection and ip ban blah blah.  Do you realize how easy it is to play through a VPN and completely bypass any ip bans?  Do you realize the bots are already bypassing these protections you expect them to devote money into monthly lol?  The protections cost money and this game doesn't produce much.  It is funded by basically donations for cosmetic and slightly pay to win antics.  They do not have funding for this and they know enough to realize bots are required for an economy especially on a new realm.

So much crying i would love to see the looks on your faces if bots weren't here and you were grinding for 6 hours to get a card and it sells for 100k instead of 10mil as a result of having no bots to add actual zeny into the economy.  I don't see why this is hard to comprehend, bots loot garbage, bots sell garbage to vendor, that zeny is used to buy other items from other players which allows those players to afford higher priced items.  Without this the economy doesn't work.

Bots basically allow you guys to spam potions/strawberries w/e while leveling.  Without them you wouldn't be able to do it.  Do i wish there was some other solution?  Sure, but they aren't going to revamp the entire game to make this happen so accept the fact bots are here to say.

What did I just read... just want to ask you one question, how do you make your zeny? because unless you tell me you have a zeny generator then "farming junk" is your only option.

For me, I can tell you I sold easily around 1500 pieces of loot from alarms to npcs to make my zeny, I got cards, clips, oridecons and other stuff that im planning to sell on my merch and thats how EVERYONE else makes their money.

The problem with people that use bots is that while people that ACTUALLY play the game grind for hours to get their items while others can just leave 3 bots at night and make 10 times more zeny than you, wow thats super good and not unfair at all. Then you have the bots that make zeny and sell it for real money, welp thats certainly not bad for the company that runs the game right?

I get your point, that bots farm items that a lot of people is lazy to farm and provide them to the community so they can buy them and its true, take chaos for example, if there were no bots to farm straws (straws are around 3k each?) the price would go up for sure and either people would start buying less or start farming their own supplies, but isnt that the point of the game? unless you tell me you want everything to be handed to you and be super ez mode then ok I can tell why you would want bots.

also the thing you said about bots creating zeny on the server, remember the lottery event or that thing that they do on chaos to be a zeny sink? if im wrong someone can correct but that too is caused by bots.

#34 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

tl;dr bot apologism

Me when I don't know how inflation works

#35 Mahuro

Mahuro

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Grinding hours for something isn't fun. Partying is fun. The game is what it is since the beginning and we all play for the nostalgia. Most of the players nowadays are over 20+, spending hours and hours in a game and not getting any fun out of it? (grinding I mean) thats not mature at all. Put your time into actual real life work and take that money and invest in the fun you want in return. The game is free and we don't have 14 years old for god sake. I played 2 days and left the server because, even being a passionate RO player, at certain point of your life you have to realise that your time is worth more than playing an illusion. Seriously, get a life you all. People bot because they have other stuff to do...even though Id love to play a fun and bot free nostalgic game that is what it is. Thats why Id rather pay a subscription, games are like netflix: you gotta pay for the entertainment tou getting in return.

Peace!

#36 Streye

Streye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

I'm all for any anti-bot measures. A level playing field and a percentage less of bot users on the servers will make life easier on us honest players. It makes my time spent actually mean something since my effort isn't overshadowed by some person who just left his computer on for 24 hours. 

Edited by Streye, 11 July 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#37 Paragon

Paragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

I'd just like to know how these bots are effecting you all?

Yes they are everywhere, but they haven't bothered me yet or stopped me from doing anything.

If anything they are driving the prices down on low-tier items that I don't want to farm myself.

I don't know about you guys but they are doing me a favour, I've been able to afford items due to bots.

I'm honestly afraid that if theres no bots, the server population drops in half (which looks bad) and item prices go up (ouch).

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Paragon, 11 July 2017 - 10:04 PM.

#38 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

What did I just read... just want to ask you one question, how do you make your zeny? because unless you tell me you have a zeny generator then "farming junk" is your only option.

For me, I can tell you I sold easily around 1500 pieces of loot from alarms to npcs to make my zeny, I got cards, clips, oridecons and other stuff that im planning to sell on my merch and thats how EVERYONE else makes their money.

The problem with people that use bots is that while people that ACTUALLY play the game grind for hours to get their items while others can just leave 3 bots at night and make 10 times more zeny than you, wow thats super good and not unfair at all. Then you have the bots that make zeny and sell it for real money, welp thats certainly not bad for the company that runs the game right?

I get your point, that bots farm items that a lot of people is lazy to farm and provide them to the community so they can buy them and its true, take chaos for example, if there were no bots to farm straws (straws are around 3k each?) the price would go up for sure and either people would start buying less or start farming their own supplies, but isnt that the point of the game? unless you tell me you want everything to be handed to you and be super ez mode then ok I can tell why you would want bots.

also the thing you said about bots creating zeny on the server, remember the lottery event or that thing that they do on chaos to be a zeny sink? if im wrong someone can correct but that too is caused by bots.

I make my zeny selling rare items and cards.  My point is the reason we can actually sell the cards for anything meaningful is because bots are out collecting trash items, npcing them then buying other peoples stuff with the zeny it produces.  Them doing that adds currency to the economy.  Where do you guys think the millions come from to buy expensive items? Do you think the zeny is magically produced out of thin air?  Let me try to explain this in a way some of you might understand.  

Day 1 of the server a smokie card drops.  How much is it worth?  There is no zeny in circulation so not much.

Day 2 same thing

Day 10 bots have now collected crappy items, vendored them and that zeny is used to buy other goods from other players, adding currency to the economy.

Day 30 alot more bots did the same thing and even more zeny is in the economy.  Now that smokie card is actually worth something because enough zeny is flowing through the economy to allow it to be worth something.

Imagine if you somehow got a MVP card on day 1 of the server.  Are you going to accept a few hundred thousand zeny for it since that's about all people could have mustered at this point?  Of course not, you would wait until someone could actually pay properly for it and guess what that would take FOREVERRRR without the bots helping the economy.

This isn't a complicated concept.  You have someone mentioning inflation like an idiot and doesn't realize its a BRAND NEW economy with nothing to inflate

As for your clips, oridecons and so on.  Where do you think the zeny that people possess to pay you for those items came from?  Do you think the money came from only legit players vendoring items or are you gonna admit you can charge that much as a result of the bots adding currency into circulation?

I am not debating if the bots are fair or not, they obviously aren't. I wish there was an alternative but nothing in this game produces real income outside of rare drops and all the zeny required to buy these rare drops is a result of the bots. You guys complained the GMs don't reply to you and im simply explaining why.  This game requires some bots to start an economy up.  As for botters selling currency for real life money.  Well that occurs because of warp portals ridiculous prices tbh.  Look what it would cost you to buy 1bil zeny from kafra points on chaos n such.  With how expensive items are in this game well over a billion of course people will take the route that costs them a fraction of the warpportal price.  Is this ok, not its not but until they change their pricing policy and adapt it to how ridiculous prices get on this game then it will continue to happen.

I wasn't around for a lottery and yes most economies do hit a point that currency needs removed from circulation.  WoW just did this with the legion expansion in the form of a 2million gold mount and the ability to spend gold on bonus rolls for raiders.  Ragnarok has no mechanic like this.  The only thing you buy from vendors is cheap potions n such so of course it gets out of hand.  This is yet another problem created by their outdated mechanics they refuse to change.  If they want to control zeny make something everyone requires be on a vendor and not on the kafra shop.  If there was a vendor selling the super elu/ori for ZENY it would remove it from circulation.  Instead its a cash grab item that just passes the zeny to someone else.  Which yes i realize its how they pay their bills n keep the servers up but this was just an example of how you remove zeny without needing a lottery.

#39 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

I'd just like to know how these bots are effecting you all?

Yes they are everywhere, but they haven't bothered me yet or stopped me from doing anything.

If anything they are driving the prices down on low-tier items that I don't want to farm myself.

I don't know about you guys but they are doing me a favour, I've been able to afford items due to bots.

I'm honestly afraid that if theres no bots, the server population drops in half (which looks bad) and item prices go up (ouch).

Just my 2 cents.

They are slowing my experience down but as i said above this is compounded and made much worse by the very minimal selections of areas to level in that aren't awful.  If there were more zones it wouldn't be as bad.

Me when I don't know how inflation works

Ok you feel free to explain how the maybe what 1000 players that aren't bots(most of which sitting in prontera with a shop up) would loot enough items and sell enough to put the zeny in circulation for cards to be selling for millions already.  You may know what inflation is but you don't comprehend you need the currency to begin with for it to inflate.  You don't comprehend every bit of zeny being used on this game had to be produced by people selling trash items dropped from mobs.

I'm all for any anti-bot measures. A level playing field and a percentage less of bot users on the servers will make life easier on us honest players. It makes my time spent actually mean something since my effort isn't overshadowed by some person who just left his computer on for 24 hours. 

It's that or pay to win kids like on renewal, either way there will be people putting less effort in to get more out of it.  Which i might add the pay to win kiddies should be thanking bots as well.  When they swipe their moms credit card to buy kafra points and sell elu or w/e the zeny being used to buy their items for high priced was produced mostly by bots.  Without that you wouldn't be getting nearly as many white pots or w/e to spam while leveling :)

Edited by Wyndor, 11 July 2017 - 11:07 PM.

#40 ButWhy

ButWhy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

Sure are a lot of people trying to justify their illegal behavior.  There are way way more cons to pros to having a ton of bots around 

1) Server stability.  They are adversely affecting everyone's player experience by overloading the server and increasing lag for everyone as well as constantly bringing the character select server down too

2) Decreasing the effectiveness of farming and leveling on many maps.  I'm totally fine with competing with other players for monster kills, but when some good leveling maps are completely filled with bots it makes it much harder to farm there legitimately as well as decreasing the value of drops you would acquire.

3)Inflation.  The fact that you try to say that bots vendoring tons of loot and inflating currency is a good thing blows my mind.  You realize that decreases your effective purchasing power and benefit from vendoring your own loot right?  Bots creating heavy inflation makes all the loot that players earn and sell directly to vendors less valuable.

Cards would be much much rarer and the only zeny being created for the economy would be the legit players that loot trash from mobs and vendor it. 

So much crying i would love to see the looks on your faces if bots weren't here and you were grinding for 6 hours to get a card and it sells for 100k instead of 10mil as a result of having no bots to add actual zeny into the economy. 

You're directly contradicting yourself here.  You're saying cards would be much rarer without bots (which is true), then a couple sentences later saying that you would instead get way less money for cards if there weren't bots?  How does that make any sense.  If there's tons of bots farming cards and they are much less rare, then of course they aren't going to cost 100 times the price they would without them, that's insane.  You can in fact directly see that bots are greatly decreasing the cost of cards despite the inflation they are creating by looking at the price trends for various easily botable cards right now.  Ever since the huge amount of bot farms kicked in cards like thara, pupa, roda etc have dropped precipitously.  So despite this "super essential inflation bots so helpfully bring us" prices for valuable items that you might find are going down.  This also really hurts new players starting out as many of the easy sources of early revenue for them such as farming strawberries or bottles or other useful early items will give them very little relative purchasing power to start buying items they need.

4) Wealth distribution.  Players that are running their own botfarms are gaining useful cards and items as well as lots of raw currency with zero effort.  This takes away any kind of level playing field which is a big part of what makes starting out on a new server so interesting and competitive.  How can you be actively pleased by people doing this?

#41 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

Sure are a lot of people trying to justify their illegal behavior.  There are way way more cons to pros to having a ton of bots around 

1) Server stability.  They are adversely affecting everyone's player experience by overloading the server and increasing lag for everyone as well as constantly bringing the character select server down too

2) Decreasing the effectiveness of farming and leveling on many maps.  I'm totally fine with competing with other players for monster kills, but when some good leveling maps are completely filled with bots it makes it much harder to farm there legitimately as well as decreasing the value of drops you would acquire.

3)Inflation.  The fact that you try to say that bots vendoring tons of loot and inflating currency is a good thing blows my mind.  You realize that decreases your effective purchasing power and benefit from vendoring your own loot right?  Bots creating heavy inflation makes all the loot that players earn and sell directly to vendors less valuable.

You're directly contradicting yourself here.  You're saying cards would be much rarer without bots (which is true), then a couple sentences later saying that you would instead get way less money for cards if there weren't bots?  How does that make any sense.  If there's tons of bots farming cards and they are much less rare, then of course they aren't going to cost 100 times the price they would without them, that's insane.  You can in fact directly see that bots are greatly decreasing the cost of cards despite the inflation they are creating by looking at the price trends for various easily botable cards right now.  Ever since the huge amount of bot farms kicked in cards like thara, pupa, roda etc have dropped precipitously.  So despite this "super essential inflation bots so helpfully bring us" prices for valuable items that you might find are going down.  This also really hurts new players starting out as many of the easy sources of early revenue for them such as farming strawberries or bottles or other useful early items will give them very little relative purchasing power to start buying items they need.

4) Wealth distribution.  Players that are running their own botfarms are gaining useful cards and items as well as lots of raw currency with zero effort.  This takes away any kind of level playing field which is a big part of what makes starting out on a new server so interesting and competitive.  How can you be actively pleased by people doing this?

I play this game for like a month and quit so i quite frankly don't care if theres bots or not tbh but i will point out why you guys are wrong.  

1.  Yes i agree but i mean come on this is a game from almost 2 decades ago, surely if they wanted to improve servers to not be awful the point of 3k online users causes crashes they could.  This is a matter of they don't care so why bother messing with it.

2.  I agree and as i said above the lack of proper leveling areas is funneling everyone in certain maps making this 10 times worse than its ever been before.

3.  It is a good thing.  Potions are at a fixed price.  If bots weren't around and you sold whats considered a good rare card and it only yielded enough to buy 1000 potions vs 20,000 potions its a big difference and hurts legit players leveling.  It does lower your "vending power" as you put it but the point is when you get a card the currency exists for it to sell for a reasonable price as a result of the bots vending so much junk.  People don't make their money on here vending common drops.  They make it off cards and slotted equipment, head gears n such. The only reason those items have a high value is because bots add enough currency to allow them to be that price.

There is no contradiction.  Both statements are indeed true.  Cards WOULD be rarer but the zeny to buy them at a higher price WOULD NOT exist without the bots adding zeny to circulation.  How rare something is doesn't matter if there isn't currency available to make it worth anything.  You mention thara frog cards n such.  For the 100th time there wouldn't be zeny in circulation to buy them at these "high prices" if bots were not adding the zeny.  As i said before potions, fly wings n such are at a fixed price.  So when bots introduce zeny and allow a rare drop like that to be worth more its a good thing.  As for newbs and strawberries.  Do you think if bots werent running around adding that zeny to the economy people could afford to buy them at a high price?  Of course not they would worth even less and the newbies would be able to buy even less potions n such when they sold the strawberries for zeny.

4.  I am not pleased by people getting ahead as a result of running a program i am simply not gonna complain about it and not realize that a "rare item" i get after HOURS of playing wouldn't be worth enough to fund white pots for more than 20minutes without these bots. Let's be honest about a "level playing field" on ragnarok online though.  This game is an RNG fest.  You could go kill mobs for 20 seconds and get a card and that same card could take me 12 hours to farm.  They also sell stuff via real life money that effects game play.  There is no such thing as a level playing field on here.  

So yes i think the trade off of a few heavily botted areas cards being worth a little less is worth it to allow everything in the game to actually be worth something.

I am not condoning botting, i am simply pointing out why it exists and why the GMs allow it.

Edited by Wyndor, 11 July 2017 - 11:24 PM.

#42 IRFodder

IRFodder

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

not going to happen. If history tells us anything, it's that gravity NA would rather hunt bots manually on stream and occasionally rather than implementing a preventative system.

You can literally say whatever you like in these threads "bot" threads. It'll be ignored anyway lol.

That actually sounds like fun :D

An event every month where a few GM's get ingame and checks out some of the common botting areas, investigates suspects and y'no shows presence.

And maybe perform a massacre by summoning a super boss >:D

#43 ButWhy

ButWhy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

If bots weren't around and you sold whats considered a good rare card and it only yielded enough to buy 1000 potions vs 20,000 potions its a big difference and hurts legit players leveling.

I feel like you're for whatever reason assuming bots do only one thing here.  A good rare card would be rarer without bots so it would in fact likely sell for MORE without them than it would with them.  Which you can DIRECTLY see by the price of good rare cards like thara going DOWN as more and more bots are entering the server.  The inflation created by bots vending loot to npcs does not outweigh this as we can see from the fact that average prices have declined not risen as one would expect if inflation was a greater factor.  This should additionally be patently obvious from the fact that players generally farm higher level mobs that drop valuable npc goods, while bots generally farm lower level mobs that drop valuable cards and relatively worthless npcable loot.  The valuable cards found to vendable loot ratio is much higher for bots than it is for players due to the different monsters that the two groups farm.

For some reason it seems like you're assuming that bots are creating the vast majority of zeny on the server which is just not the case if you look at the value of npcable loot from higher level player killed monsters and compare it to that of the heavily botted ones.  This is even ignoring the fact that a not inconsequential portion of the botting right now is being done for the silvervine hat materials which are not npc'd but instead bought by players thus adding no net zeny to the server.  I don't know how you can say there wouldnt be any zeny in circulation right now without bots when mid-high level players can easily farm 200k+/hr in npcable loot alone.  

Lets even be overly generous and say that 1/3 of the zeny generated on the server is from players and 2/3 are from bots.  Judging by the insane density of bots farming things like say pupa card that bots find the card in around a 9:1 ratio of players. (It's probably much higher than this, but I'm being generous)  That means the relative value of a pupa card would be triple what is with bots because the number of them per given zeny is 3 times larger with them.  In order for bots to have this magical making everything more valuable effect they would have to be only increasing inflation in great amounts without also saturating the market with rare items that players would be able to sell.  I absolutely agree that bots do create inflation, but there are many rare items that they in fact make less valuable because they find them at a much greater rate, which you can directly see by looking at price trends.

#44 4042140120123858710

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

Server got killed by bots in a week, lol.

No point to play here anymore, when some ppl alrdy got +9 items, tonns of zeny and cards, and u got nothing, playing 10 hours per day.

Non-fair playing should be punished, and gm's simply ignore that fact.

Come to iz_dun - there are tonns of bots, farming hydras and tharas. Bot trains, bot parties. Its ans official server, but looks worse than a pirate server, opened by 16 y/o kid.

[Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 12 July 2017 - 12:32 AM.
Errr no.

#45 Barthelby

Barthelby

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Odin/Chaos

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:05 AM

Not sure rushing an economy on a server is better than creating one using the necessary time... 

#46 IRFodder

IRFodder

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

You are forgetting hyper inflation.

More items are introduced into the game at a rapid pace more than would naturally exist compared to the legit players driving prices down (cards and gear included)

More zenny is introduced into the game at a rapid pace than would naturally exist compared to the legit players driving its value down. 

You get a paradox, the market splits.  90% of the items are worth nothing, only the end game items are worth anything.

Yes you can sell the card for 10mill BUT do you really expect to buy the items you want for zenny considering its value is now zero.

The fact is you would have to grind even harder to even afford the inflated end game items if they ever get sold for zenny.  God help the newer players that wouldn't be able to even sell anything because of over saturation, and would most likely leave with every map camped by bots.

Edited by IRFodder, 12 July 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#47 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:24 AM

Wyndor thinks small. Try bigger picture.

Bots promote Real Money Trade.
 They RMT to addicted/rich players. 
 WP misses out on the donations from addicted/rich players=we all lose.
 Its sad that people are already seling $5USD>1mil zeny on this server.
 WP is losing a profits from these bots. Shutting them down will increase revenue. 

#48 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

WP is losing a profits from these bots. Shutting them down will increase revenue.

No it won't. You're considering that newer players will replace every single Bot, while this is far from truth. Also people will RMT either way, this isn't a botter only activity, there's people that make it living out of farming items and RMTing

Edited by Tanzanito, 12 July 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#49 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

If BOTs are so important for the economy as these pro-botting (wich is illegal, btw) are claiming, so why games like GW2 have healthy economies without BOT? Please, stop claiming this game as hard and learn how to make zeny, you would be surprised u.u

#50 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

If BOTs are so important for the economy as these pro-botting (wich is illegal, btw) are claiming, so why games like GW2 have healthy economies without BOT? Please, stop claiming this game as hard and learn how to make zeny, you would be surprised u.u

Because these games are modern games adapted to today's audience while RO is a game developed in 2001 that never bothered to adapt. While in GW2 you can start participating the fights on your first day, ro requires weeks of mindless grind in dull and monotonous maps.

I know how to make money and I'm pretty sure I got way more than you. And no I'm not a botter.

Edited by Tanzanito, 12 July 2017 - 07:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users