Thoughts to Revive WoE - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts to Revive WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

#27 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Stop the cheats and Woe might be revived.

The same thing happened on Ymir, guild cheated and never got banned, people quit because of this and they then freely farmed god items on the server and RMTd them after merger.

Lol, funny how still nothing happens.

#28 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

[/list]
The only way WoE on Chaos will be revived is two-fold.

First and foremost, kRO needs to come out with some new gear/skills/tweaks that will make some of the more OP things that make WoE not fun go away without also unfairly boosting the power of the already OP players. For example:

• Make it so a Sage's Magic Rod skill "absorbs" Stasis and other ground/self targed magic if the Sage would be hit by it.
  • Make a new RG quest skill that absorbs ground/self targeted AoE damage (to stop SD from wiping a guild)
  • Make a new piece of gear that negates splash damage originating from the wearer (to stop TCbait targets from wiping their own guild).

These are splendid ideas however,

[*] I see an issue where if such a thing can occur, this means Warlocks and Sorcerers alike would lose all value as then their spells are completely cancelled out by a single non-trans second class skill, which creates as much arguement as how pneuma being a first class skill effectively prevents the most deadly ranged skills in the woe environment. Do not forget magic rod work on single target mvp spells, you basically nerfing the little value mvp EQs have.
[*]This is an onteresting take. There are however such skills already in an RGs repertoire, Earth Drive and Kings Grace, but you would never see an RG at woe waste time destroying AoEs when they can just brunt through it with thier hp pools and EB the guy on the other end.
[*] I am not sure but i believe the splash damage portion occurs after the skill is complete, and anecdotal evidence in game suggests that no matter what skill it is, if it has an effect that takes place after damage, it will always happen regardless whether the skill hits or not, so the only real feasible thing is to block TC damage or flee it somehow so then the splash damage cannot occur. This is just theory in my head.

#29 Chelsea2k10

Chelsea2k10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Limit the number of castle and make all god item pieces possible to acquire in such castle with a higher chance rate ^^

Constant interval kick out say every 10minutes xD 

No Flag Entry.

No Alliance.

Make Guild Dungeon Alternative place to train for Lv160+ with tougher monster ^^

Edited by Chelsea2k10, 12 July 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

loled at the comparison of automask with instant mask lmao

automask= entering the screen, together with 30 other ppl, and specifically you, key player/class, gets disabled in 1s, even when changing routes, waiting, w/e.

but there's actually a way to counter it

it's called autohide :v

#31 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

These are splendid ideas however,

[*] I see an issue where if such a thing can occur, this means Warlocks and Sorcerers alike would lose all value as then their spells are completely cancelled out by a single non-trans second class skill, which creates as much arguement as how pneuma being a first class skill effectively prevents the most deadly ranged skills in the woe environment. Do not forget magic rod work on single target mvp spells, you basically nerfing the little value mvp EQs have.
[*]This is an onteresting take. There are however such skills already in an RGs repertoire, Earth Drive and Kings Grace, but you would never see an RG at woe waste time destroying AoEs when they can just brunt through it with thier hp pools and EB the guy on the other end.
[*] I am not sure but i believe the splash damage portion occurs after the skill is complete, and anecdotal evidence in game suggests that no matter what skill it is, if it has an effect that takes place after damage, it will always happen regardless whether the skill hits or not, so the only real feasible thing is to block TC damage or flee it somehow so then the splash damage cannot occur. This is just theory in my head.

• Good point.  Maybe have a cooldown on Magic Rod when it absorbs something so you can't just spam it and eat up all of the AoE magic?  Thinking about it more though, the game will just shift to eating up the Magic Rod with DDspam before Stasis'ing... So that idea wouldn't work unless it only specifically works on Stasis or something.  Maybe a quest passive skill for Sorc's that empowers Magic Rod to also work against Stasis by aborbing all the magic blocking magic from Stasis or something?  I don't know...
  • Earth Drive can't stop SD though.  My intention there was to somehow have a counter for SD that works in a more consistent way than what already exists.  KG does work, but it doesn't get used much.  Maybe if KG let the people affected by KG still keep the precast up, instead of having the precast stop for 5 seconds.  Also, you can't just tell people they need to coordinate better to use KG to counter SD by having a KG RG in every party... They'll just complain about it and blame cheating when they lose (when in this case the real problem would be that trans candies makes it nearly impossible to see the SD coming).  Other means of blocking SD can be eaten away by CV->DBspam before the SD goes in, so it would have to be something that's more of a reactive cast when the SD is about to go off.
  • But if they can make it so that they CAN make gear that blocks splash damage, then that gear would become practically required gear for WoE, and you'll see fewer TC Suras as a result.  Wouldn't stop the GoH Suras, but the problem with TC is that it can kill you through no fault of your own simply because the person next to you isn't built with demi-resist gear, which makes for a terribly un-fun gaming experience.

#32 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Woe is dead because of bots.

Jk. Trying to add to the memes.

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

having over 90% demihuman reducs and still getting 1hitKO because you dont get 100k hp and autopot levels of potion spam isnt a fun gaming experience either (GoH spam)

suras are just stupid :v

#34 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

loled at the comparison of automask with instant mask lmao

automask= entering the screen, together with 30 other ppl, and specifically you, key player/class, gets disabled in 1s, even when changing routes, waiting, w/e.

but there's actually a way to counter it

it's called autohide :v

That and snapping through a precast and boom, you've still managed to snap again but you have 2-3 masq's and potentially accessories divested too. Lol. Also funny how everytime cheats are brought up people try to derail to other issues to try and make people stop thinking about them. Yeah, there are a ton of other things woe needs, but in a list of priorities, dealing with people breaking rules should be #1.

Easier to supply = good

Free supplies = autopotters will be happy to not have any worry about costs.

List of things we really need IMO:

1. Cheaters dealt with

2. Skill fixes to Stasis like it should have been (so it doesn't go over walls) Disable suicidal destruction as it is overly used and too messed up or make it possible to dodge somehow. (Other various skill fixes too)

3. Better castle rewards, god drop rates are pitiful and the items dropped don't really equate to what is used to supply nowadays

4. More incentives for members of guilds, previously they could farm guild dungeons as sort of reward (Lame) and now those mvps are possible to farm in Central Lab, devalued the only valuable aspect of GD's pretty much.

5. Should be simpler to have woe things such as warps. Non-VIP can't even use the kafra's in WoE realms to use warps.

A WoE annex of sorts for each guild would be nice with things such as warper NPC and the likes.

6. This should probably be higher on the list but Bug fixes for WoE 2.0, castles still pop up every so often with invisible walls or some various other bugs, pathetic these problems persisted for as many years as they have.

7. Gear balances/Class balances

8. Something to get more actual players into doing PvP/WoE, not really sure how but to combine PvP/PvM aspect more would help.

#35 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

i think people dont woe because preparing is a pain in the rear and  for many players it feels like you are just throwing zeny down the drain in consumables for a sub-par experience.

Personally i think Woe is too long for its own good nowadays, we all know that the important part of woe is pretty much the last half hour, shortening woe would also make it so that guilds dont have to prepare that many consumables every time, although to be honest i dont really care for woe because RO PVP is one of the most aggravating things i have experienced.

#36 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

Yea. They aren't woeing because of masqs.

And bots.

#37 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

lol

#38 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

My thoughts about woe = what a big zeny sink, no thanks, in not interested in wasting supplies to never get anywhere

#39 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Put WoE / PvP stats online. Damage delt / healing done / emps broken / kills / deaths

#40 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

You noticed how the biggest cheaters are the ones saying cheats don't kill WoE? Food for thought. It might not be what killed WoE but you guys even opposing a way to get rid of cheats are -_- hilarious. Stfu and go back to lurking.

#41 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

You noticed how the biggest cheaters are the ones saying cheats don't kill WoE? Food for thought. It might not be what killed WoE but you guys even opposing a way to get rid of cheats are -_- hilarious. Stfu and go back to lurking.

Maybe someone should post a step by step guide on how to effectively use these cheats and spam them all over the place. Might prompt some action from the studio, Either that or it'll kill the game for good.

#42 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Yea, those lurkers should gtfo!

I know that my guild has personally lost thousands of members to bots and cheats.  If I PM anybody on Skype, they quit because of cheats and bots.

We must address these issues asap.

#43 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

There's so many things that should be addressed, could be addressed? It all gets drowned out by cheating accusations, so nothing is ever going to be done.
Cheating is real but if most people knew what could really be done it would blow their minds. The game is just stagnant and without new players coming into the game, nothing will change more than likely. I know a lot of people like the game for WoE, but RO is so niche and it's clear WP moved in the direction of power creep and it has been pretty damn successful with the OCP boxes.

Edited by Myzery, 12 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#44 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

Yes!

Down with the bots and cheats!  We will instantly be at 300,000 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

The salt from people who don't even log on is real 

a90.png

#46 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

tfw when theres more woe action on the forum than in game

#47 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

i thought everyone talking about cheat?

but nvm

my popcorn is ready

#48 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

i thought everyone talking about cheat?
but nvm

my popcorn is ready

Changing the subject is a good way to divert attention.

#49 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

PVM is fun  :p_laugh:

#50 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Who the hell would want to WOE, if the god items are now not so god item anymore???

maybe if you put new god item that surpasses all old gods, or maybe use old gods to craft new one, make old god items an ingredient to craft new real god item bwahahahahha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users