Time to look into zulie draining solution? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Time to look into zulie draining solution?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

if not... it gonna hit Zillions soon... 

possible solution... tax system.. like 10% tax from every shop/trade transactions... 

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Was supposed to be addressed about .... 3 years and a few months ago now. 
Rumored Auction House with listing fee's, Taxes on Trading / Vending based on % of exchanged zulie, 
As well as some other shenanigans. 

Seems it's not a priority. 

#3 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

The biggest problem with addressing it now is hobbling new players. You have to figure out a way to take the zuly out of the top end without making it impossible for a new player to be able to buy anything at all.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

Yea, a % based Tax does that. 

#5 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

Not really, because it is based on the item sale not what the user already has.

I have 10,000,000,000,000 zuly

You have 10,000,000,000 zuly

We both sell an item worth 1 billion zuly at say a 10% tax. We both get 900m zuly.

For me that 10% tax is 1% of my net worth.

For you that 10% tax is 10% of your net worth.

The players with tons of zuly will still be able to outprice the server and the tax won't change that, the only way to catch up is to spend a ton on IM and sell it. Which is why I'm assuming not much is done about the economy tbh.

Yes, I realize over time the tax will drain zuly out of the economy and the effect will eventually work, but it's still going to make new players have issues unbalanced compared to the trillionaires. At the end of the day though honestly the economy is meh, it doesn't really hamper your game play to be honest.

Edited by calder12, 13 July 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

Yes but in that instance, the likelihood of me having an item worth 1bil is significantly lower than you.

#7 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

The tax will drain zullie from the system significantly. Hence, most likely it will stablize the economy (not immediate) rather than keep going north..

#8 skitters57

skitters57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

you get these new players who come into the game with 200 zulie then they make it to junon and start looking at shops ,,they see the prices of stuff they could use for their chars,and they know unless they buy alot of item mall they are not gonna make it so they give up and quit,,it's probably not gonna change for new players,,,i liked it back when it was pay to play ,,there was a lot of shops in every planet ,,and 10 million was a lot of money,,the dealers still make the same stuff ,,I love this game but nothing really changes but the item mall,,im still gonna play ,I just feel sorry for the new players .I given new players stuff but they don't stay,,,wipe it clean and start over for everyone with 200 zulie,,,I'm for that ,,I have a lot to lose but I would do it,,,just to keep some of the new players

#9 cmgibbs4

cmgibbs4

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

i agree with skitters, wipe it clean, everyone starts with nothing, economy fixed!

#10 skitters57

skitters57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

wouldn't it be nice to have alot more freinds ,,,alot more clans to compete with ,,,ya we all spent a fortune on item  mall but i would give it all up for that ,,,it would be alot more fun ,,

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

In my somewhat short lived progression video for rose, I had 50mil by the time I was around the Junon Polis area. It's not hard to make zulie to buy necessities. It's hard to earn enough zulie to earn luxury items.. 

#12 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

It is so easy to earn Zulie nowaday as Long u work hard enough to pick up all the loots...

#13 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

the best would still be an action house function,

or (offline) vending with taxes

or a function to lets say "buy" a vendor shop for XX hours/days

and of course a "black market action house" where you can bit for stuff like grade 100 runes (as example) or PvM/PvP armor sets serverwide or cheaper stuff like mounts etc.!

This auction house could give the opportiunity for costume designer to "sell" unique costumes ingame and fund their Rose-characters with X% of the final prices! When I think about for example Feuers tons of unused models and costumes, it could give him at least some sort of pay-back for his beloved armor designing!

#14 skitters57

skitters57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:41 AM

it's never going to change,,things will get higher,,new players won't stay ,,old players will just make new chars over and over again ,,,yes its easier for the players who have alot to make money ,,but start a char with 200 gold without getting stuff from your old chars ,,and try to make enough to buy something you need for your char out of a shop,,the money that drops just barely gives you enough for scrolls,,theres no way you can do it, things are to high ,,thats why new players in junon are always asking for zulie,,,at least drop prices to keep the new players so they can enjoy the game,,

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

In my somewhat short lived progression video for rose, I had 50mil by the time I was around the Junon Polis area. It's not hard to make zulie to buy necessities. It's hard to earn enough zulie to earn luxury items.. 

#16 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

,,thats why new players in junon are always asking for zulie,,,at least drop prices to keep the new players so they can enjoy the game,,

You mean scammers/veterans asking for free stuff, like most of the times  :heh:

#17 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Just reintroduce faiths and ancients so the market wont depend on higher valued items anymore and the prices wont adjust according to those items. I am no market expert, but it's obvious the market is influenced too much by those limited items. I'm not saying it's the only reason, but I definitely feel these limited items play a huge role regarding price inflation. I find it rather ironic honestly, when I see the rich complain about items going into trilions when the average player has trouble affording a decent accessory set. @Dragonlark, has deleted my previous post so I have to keep it short.

#18 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

At what point does anyone in JP sell anything a new player can use other than IM stuff?

#19 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Just reintroduce faiths and ancients so the market wont depend on higher valued items anymore and the prices wont adjust according to those items. I am no market expert, but it's obvious the market is influenced too much by those limited items. I'm not saying it's the only reason, but I definitely feel these limited items play a huge role regarding price inflation. I find it rather ironic honestly, when I see the rich complain about items going into trilions when the average player has trouble affording a decent accessory set. @Dragonlark, has deleted my previous post so I have to keep it short.

They can't because faiths came with a contract and now the contract ain't in function. They would break the law if they put them out for sale again.

I don't know if its the most effective strategy but I like the tax function. That is what a normal government have, why shouldn't Rose government have it?

Edited by Buffiies, 18 July 2017 - 11:31 PM.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

What's the goal: Reduce the over-all amount of currency in the market.

What does tax do: Destroys currency from the game.

How does it work: The higher the frequency of currency exchanges, the faster the deflation occurs.

Who does it affect the most: The people who do the most exchanging / largest exchanges.

Who does those more: Veterans / Rich players.

Who doesn't spend often/exchange often?: Noobies / unfunded chars.

ie, Taxes affect the rich the most, but you need the system to affect everyone or else rich players will just start making exchanges under the punished amount. 

#21 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:02 AM

They can't because faiths came with a contract and now the contract ain't in function. They would break the law if they put them out for sale again.

I don't know if its the most effective strategy but I like the tax function. That is what a normal government have, why shouldn't Rose government have it?

Yes, I know about that but forgot to state it in my post. If @Dragonlark didnt fully remove my comment, I actually supported my post with argumentation and told what could have been able. That aside, I also meant that they should try to negotiate for a new license but am sure Wapportal wouldnt want to spend a single dime on this game, except the essentials. In my opinion it would tackle a decent take of the problem but not all. So, yeah I am interested to see if a Tax system would work. If they can make the time to implement such features.

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Actually, all contracts can expire depending on how they're written. If the wording wasn't explicit on Gravity being permanently prohibited from selling the Faith items after the contracted window expired, and simply stated they're only available to be sold during that time frame with a portion of proceeds going to Faith Inc. ,then it's reasonable for Gravity to argue that the contract states that they were only obligated to sell the Faith items to generate money towards Faith Inc, not necessarily to not sell them ever again. 

Contracts and legal terminology isn't exactly written in common parlance, in fact, when you go to law school you soon learn that what one word may mean in common usage, may carry an entirely different definition in law. Having said that I can say with-out a doubt that when I asked Leonis about looking into if the contract could be due to expire, or could have been misunderstood due to those differences in word usage, he said he would pass the question onto the legal department of Gravity, but I never heard back on the matter after that. 

TL;DR
It's entirely possible that Faith items could be released again without renewing the contract depending on how it's written and enforced. 

#23 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

Actually, all contracts can expire depending on how they're written. If the wording wasn't explicit on Gravity being permanently prohibited from selling the Faith items after the contracted window expired, and simply stated they're only available to be sold during that time frame with a portion of proceeds going to Faith Inc. ,then it's reasonable for Gravity to argue that the contract states that they were only obligated to sell the Faith items to generate money towards Faith Inc, not necessarily to not sell them ever again. 

Contracts and legal terminology isn't exactly written in common parlance, in fact, when you go to law school you soon learn that what one word may mean in common usage, may carry an entirely different definition in law. Having said that I can say with-out a doubt that when I asked Leonis about looking into if the contract could be due to expire, or could have been misunderstood due to those differences in word usage, he said he would pass the question onto the legal department of Gravity, but I never heard back on the matter after that. 

TL;DR
It's entirely possible that Faith items could be released again without renewing the contract depending on how it's written and enforced. 

Thank you Feuer for that clarification, I am not into contracts or anything that has to do with legal terminology so I cannot speak out of certainty about such subject. Mainly why I brought up Faiths and Ancients is because I strongly believe these limited items play a big role in the inflation, could be wrong but that's my observation of playing ROSE over the course of ~11 years orso. Especially because I think item prices tend to be valued according to the value of these limited items.

I am not saying they should put back in Faiths and have to look back into Ancients, but I think they could if they want to do something about the current market. Obviously it would be great to own a Faith someday (eventhough I had some and sold them for ridiculous low prices back then), but since this game has already gone the path of being all about Cosmetics (monthly constests for costumes and what not) it would be in favor for both Warpportal / Gravity and the community as more and more people will buy IM points. This lowers the overall cost of the IM/Zulie which tackles one of the current market value aspects, WP/Gravity will earn a good amount of cash because of the supply, and lastly items won't be priced according to the high valued limited items anymore.

And I realize, with the (partly) possible solution I provided, all the Zulie will still exist in the game, so yes, a Tax system would be great as well to get some of the Zulie out of the game.

#24 dixymen

dixymen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

tax % based on all transactions works for other games so dont see why it wouldnt work here

#25 ThijsMontfoort

ThijsMontfoort

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

tax % based on all transactions works for other games so dont see why it wouldnt work here

Exactly, this worked for other Rose servers I've played too. I'd like to see a tax system.

You could also set different tax rates in different maps, ''forcing'' people to go to, for example, AP / Zant / Junon so it will look more populated to new players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users