Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 blackph

blackph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

This is not the first balance and won't be the last. We will do it step by step.

Btw, the marksman already got hit by a nerf in PvP - the roar of victory buff in PvP affects the Random Shot skill in the same way as the diffusion cannon of the Priest.

I know Popcorn. I even recognized this is just a test :)

Maybe my text was not clear because of my bad english. Sorry about that :/

I was primary talking about the effect in PvE. You know...Sentinel is not the best to do PvE, but with tesla-spam it was good to manage.

But know it´s cooldown is increased so a Boss like Bone or Elga will take longer time/ is not possible anymore.

Meanwhile a Destroyer can use Sniping and hits Monster still with incredible dmg. That makes me sad :(

Pls if its possible remove the change of cooldown in PvE :)

#27 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

Overall a big and good balancing.
And well, people here saying "Invo not strong in PvP" prob never played a single 80+ BSQ before or Emporia. As i said in a other thread, bsq and ew was only about magnet, the guy who places magnet first wins the fight.
And to the other guy here saying the Invo spells doesnt do damage, yes, he is a Supporter (Healer), he isnt supposed to deal much dmg except his x-spam and its "sad" (got no other word for it) enough a Healer already have such a high impact on these PvP' fights with just a single spell. the magnet.
Even tho i hate magnet i think thats a pretty big nerf to them, nerfing range and cooldown at the same time seems a bit to much for me even if its just a testing phase.

I didnt saw a Rogue in BSQ or empo for like weeks, was this nerf really needed? (Serious question)

- lv. 85 Sorc

Edited by nighty007, 12 July 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#28 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

This is not the first balance and won't be the last. We will do it step by step.
Btw, the marksman already got hit by a nerf in PvP - the roar of victory buff in PvP affects the Random Shot skill in the same way as the diffusion cannon of the Priest.

Do you have plans for the nerfs reflect with the mp and/or awakening requirement to cast the skill? Will we see ninja, savage and dragoon skill change or benefits soon?

Edited by testg, 12 July 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#29 Ujiganteng

Ujiganteng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

wut ? no summer event ? :Emo_17:

#30 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

wut ? no summer event ? :Emo_17:

Next week :)

#31 Schnitzelkopf

Schnitzelkopf

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe Universe
  • Server:Yvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

Overall a big and good balancing.
And well, people here saying "Invo not strong in PvP" prob never played a single 80+ BSQ before or Emporia. As i said in a other thread, bsq and ew was only about magnet, the guy who places magnet first wins the fight.

I completely agree with the Magnet nerf, i just dont with the Mud nerf. ;D

#32 EternalShadows

EternalShadows

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

Okay let's review. Big balance patch, wide class variety, let's see;

-Monk's Wide Heal.
Cast time is a big +1 as it makes to even with Casting Acceleration there's still a window to prevent the skill. Though it will still be a small window.

-Priest's Quagmire.
This alone would be amazing. This slow has a longer duration than a hot pockets microwave time. Also we all know this is combined with Witch's Curse.

-Invoker's Magnet.
Range AND Cooldown nerf? It's probably what a very large chunk wants. Doesn't flat out disable but doesn't mean it doesn't have uses. It can be escaped efficiently however with the range nerf and hopefully this means no "Sudden double range" magnet incidents.

Pathfinders Tesla.
This should've been it's intended cooldown. It was already a strong skill with easy reapplications as it can be jump canceled. Hopefully some internal z combo cooldown would be looked into for the 2nd easiest chain combo stun.

Summoner Rolling Stone.
Well a Summoner really only needs to land one of these anyways...

Rogue's Headspin.
Now you Rogue mains sit down and learn some ground combos. You all know you who are!

I know a mirmydon who played for 10 years and still not good at it. But the point is not about making people not do what you want, but feel like they want to play a class, regardless of balance. This is not the case here, when the skill are worked with lack of impact on the game as a whole.

3 main OP classes Priest -warlock - archers. Those should of been the main focus and instead they get nerf for the wrong reasons.

Priest nerf should of been for all heals not to work at all in BSQ- EW- PVP room and ice to work like a stun, than you have a balance outcome.

Archers chain combo continues stun should of been taken out and reduce anti-air shot time by 30%.

Warlock defense down by 20% and reduce freeze time by 40%, also take off all heals.

When doing that, you will have a more balance game instead off pretending to fix something that's not broken, as a matter of fact all the main problems came from the chain combos and they are still messed up.

Since they are talking balance, how about fixing that broken elemental card set up, were only high level 75 up can have a stable element resist and chars with lower have 0 defense for resist. Here is a fix  for element resist for low level. Create 4 IM item that only gives resist points and not attack. Example 1 ring, 1 ear, shield and belt all with a different element, these items are points that when adding cards to regular equipment will increase defense for elements. The way it is now, it is the most broken part of the game, no matter how much defense an individual has, they are dead with 2 hit. Only thing that is busy are level 85 BSQ cause low level has no balance at all with elements been implemented.

There is a reason why people don't do element dungeon and that's because the yield of basic element is laughable at best, the extreme high cost of element is not worth the continues spam. Card requirement to level up is broken and has been stated a million times on the forum and yet, nothing is been done about it, resulting on 0 individuals running element dungeons.

Want to balance the game? How about creating more than 1 char class and play with them to see what's broken? Instead of messing up classes that there was nothing wrong to began with.

Correct, not a balance at all, but pretending to do gamers a favor and now you will see classes that are hardly there less frequently. This is the norm by trying to fix what's not broken.

Edited by EternalShadows, 13 July 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#33 qweweqweqwq

qweweqweqwq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

I didnt saw a Rogue in BSQ or empo for like weeks, was this nerf really needed? (Serious question)

this is more like for those lower level bsq and to those who puts headspin on q to f 1 to 8 hotkeys and i don't think spamming headspin on bsq 80+ is a good idea since magnet and blizzard is everywhere and doing some air combo on someone in bsq 80+ might ruin the potential of killing him/her since at 400 ms and a very buggy hitbox you can easily escape after the headspin hits and it doesn't do a lot of damage against invokers/sorcerers since they can just faceroll in bsq w/ slowheal lv.10 and tank a lot of damage it's better to ground lock someone in bsq since most of the played class in 80+ are ground based and x spam ones anyways.

Edited by qweweqweqwq, 12 July 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#34 Schnitzelkopf

Schnitzelkopf

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe Universe
  • Server:Yvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

Can i get a free skill reset then? I dont really want to keep this crippled Mud in my Moveset.

#35 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

I completely agree with the Magnet nerf, i just dont with the Mud nerf. ;D

I see. Well you didnt said that you agree with the magnet nerf, your first comment was "Invo Op in pvp? thats new to me"

this is more like for those lower level bsq and to those who puts headspin on q to f 1 to 8 hotkeys and i don't think spamming headspin on bsq 80+ is a good idea since magnet and blizzard is everywhere and doing some air combo on someone in bsq 80+ might ruin the potential of killing him/her since at 400 ms and a very buggy hitbox you can easily escape after the headspin hits and it doesn't do a lot of damage against invokers/sorcerers since they can just faceroll in bsq w/ slowheal lv.10 and tank a lot of damage it's better to ground lock someone in bsq since most of the played class in 80+ are ground based and x spam ones anyways.

Thanks for the answer, never played lower bsq/pvp then 80+

3 main OP classes Priest -warlock - archers. Those should of been the main focus and instead they get nerf for the wrong reasons.

Warlock defense down by 20% and reduce freeze time by 40%, also take off all heals.

What about summy? Still one of the strongest classes.
And nerfing the defense with 20% would be way to hard, nerfing it a little bit would be ok since the Mana Shield isnt working anyways because my 30k def and 28k mdef is already so high it dont work anymore at this Point. (except ele dmg ofc)
And time freeze isnt as good as you think it is. It's actually pretty bad to compared to other skills of sorcerer, it got a way to high casting animation its not even worth trying to use it in BSQ, and the timing to use time freeze after someone was stunned is like impossible to time, i dont know one good Sorcerer who is using this, and even if, they changing it like me to fire ink after this Patch. Just my opinion on it as a Lv. 85 sorc only Player who's playing alot BSQ. (Only talking about BSQ and Empo, i dont play this 1vs1 PVP things)

Edited by nighty007, 12 July 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#36 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Thank you for your feedback everyone!

Just a quick warning, while we love to hear your thoughts on updates to the game, posts that break the forums terms of use, such as posts regarding quitting the game will be removed and may result in suspension from the forums. 

#37 AnimeOX

AnimeOX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Can premium necklace of agnes be made socketable ?

Can use Account Avult Extention for Hero Sing of Arcadia neck ?

#38 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

This is a very big issue. Consider change or remove hp% death buffs bonus from healing class * in bsq. Slow heal with high max hp is very very op.

Invokers were meant to be a healing class for parties but that became obsolete as more people were able to buff up enough not to need them. That and parties really don't happen as much anymore. If they didn't have a high hp, you would be dead and couldn't save anyone else. Otherwise their defense is so low it makes them squishy.

#39 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Servers are back up.

Please update the game to version 0.5.85.

The client will be at version 10.2.0.5 after patching

Thank you for your patience and enjoy the game

Please let us know if there are issues with the changes. Thanks.

#40 blackph

blackph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Somehow after complete patching and pressing the "Game start" I recieved the message "Can´t run game client" and Dragonica completly closes itself. Where could be the problem?

Edited by blackph, 12 July 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#41 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Hm... looks like the .exe is not working correctly.

Please navigate to the release folder you can find in your DragonSaga folder and try to start the dragonsaga.exe manually.

If that does not work download the dragonsaga.exe from here:

https://drive.google...Q0M4U1poTFBPVEU

and replace the old one with the downloaded one.

If THAT also does not work I can only suggest to re-install with the original installer or download the pre-patched version from here:

https://forums.warpp...rupted-message/

Sadly the patcher tends to corrupt files from time to time. We are aware that this is annoying and we are currently working on a more stable patcher.

As long as this issue persists you can always find an up-to-date pre-patched version in the linked topic.

(I always try to upload the new version as soon as possible after a maintenance is done. However you should compare the versions stated here and in the thread with the download to make sure that the version isn't old until the upload of the current version is finished)

#42 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

@allerulz: I think you're under the impression that priest's high HP pool actually helps the efficiency of heal on a party member but it's not it's based on player's max hp or magic attack not the priest/caster's.

@popcorn it seems that the Octopus Ink Gun stun rates don't seem to match the patch notes.

Edited by Apocryphos, 12 July 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#43 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

it seems that the Octopus Ink Gun stun rates don't seem to match the patch notes.

I can't get mine to stun at all and ive been trying for the past 10mins, r u? 

EDIT: The name of the accessory for this skill is still called 'Fire Ink!'. It should be changed to its new name im assuming. 

Edited by Nobility, 12 July 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#44 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Yep no stuns at all!

#45 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

I know a mirmydon who played for 10 years and still not good at it. But the point is not about making people not do what you want, but feel like want to play a class, regardless of balance. This is not the case here, when the skill arte worked with lack of impact on the game as a whole.

Priest nerf should of been for all heals not to work at all in BSQ- EW- PVP room and ice to work like a stun, than you have a balance outcome.

Archers chain combo continues stun should of been taken out and reduce anti-air time by 30%.

When doing that, you will have a more balance game instead off pretending to fix something that's not broken, as a matter of fact all the main problems came from the chain combos and they are still working on it.

I personally do not see Chaincombo as a problem at all; all classes have it and it changed the game up a lot in a good way. The stuns are short and for you to spam them, you are limiting yourself to doing almost no damage. 

Warlock is literally only "OP" in multi PvP scenarios such as BSQ and Empo, and that's only because of their Slow Heal. Crippling their defense and reducing their comboing potential is definitely not needed, considering they don't have any actual catching skills.

As far as Archers go, Shootdown is the problem. Their chaincombo was effectively balanced with a previous patch.

#46 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

Tested lv5 muddy mud's debuff with a mate in the PvP Practice Mode. The mspeed debuff seems to still have a duration of 50seconds. The changes work fine in PvE tho. 

#47 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Lv 5 Mud should at least last 16 seconds.

Tesla Coil should have same cooldown as duration.

Magnet nerf seems to be reasonable (even tho i think 30 sec cooldown is a bit op but well, too many people were spamming this)..

#48 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

Why has nobody said this yet? Skills different in pvp and pve? THAT'S AWESOME. Now we have hope of actual balance. Thanks for the guild announcement cap increase too. Let's go trough these changes!

Magnet:

We'll see how magnet is after this, it's probably the nerf out of those that's going to effect pvp gameplay the most. The range nerf might actually be bad since like Coolsam said it might make it too easy to escape (why I would've liked some bigger rework on the effect). But that's something we can surely give feedback on.

Wide heal:

I think wide heal could use a big enough nerf to make it possible to enable instant heal in pvp (instant heal would also need a pvp nerf). Still don't like disabled skills in pvp.

Quagmire:

I didn't personally think Quagmire is as big of a problem as other aspects of the invoker class, and thus a bit longer duration would've been fine in my opinion. We have such long stuns and freezes that debuffs lasting 10 seconds are kind of underwhelming.  

Basically I think only 2 types of debuffs/buffs fit our game: Ones with strong effects, very long cooldowns and shortish durations, and ones with weak effects and very long durations. I'm pretty sure every buff and debuff in the game could use some work to follow that philosophy.

Tesla coil:

In my opinion the cooldown could be even longer in pvp since the skill is that strong. But then again that class wouldn't be powerful enough to allow for that. Good change.

Rolling stone:

Good change. Maybe a small range (and animation size) decrease would be fit for this skills as well just because when summoners do land it it's often a death sentence. Would make landing it a bit harder, and it's one of the annoyingly big animations along with say magnet and many of the summoner summons.

Head spin:

Sure, relying too much on one skill is not fun for anybody. Hope these classes get more buffs though in the future.

Overall these changes are small enough for things to remain the same, this didn't change anything on anybodies class tier list I wouldn't think. Magnet cooldown increase is quite the hit for a certain emporia strategy, interesting to see what happens there. Hope we see some buffs too in the future. Maybe theme these class balance updates so that one week it's nerfs, the other it's buffs. That'd be interesting to me at least and force you guys (and us) to think both ways.

Rogue's Headspin.
Now you Rogue mains sit down and learn some ground combos. You all know you who are!

There's Rogue mains????

EDIT: Please put fix the skill descriptions to also say how the skill works in pvp if it's different from pve (as well as if the skill is disabled in certain modes). Skill descriptions are awful enough already, we don't need to make that mess even more confusing.

Edited by Precrush, 12 July 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#49 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

Balance is great yes. Differences of how skill work in PvE and PvP is actually not awesome. It makes stuff complicated. Would like to see the same skills for PvP and PvE.

#50 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Balance is great yes. Differences of how skill work in PvE and PvP is actually not awesome. It makes stuff complicated. Would like to see the same skills for PvP and PvE.

They tried that for 8 years and here we are. Think it's time to make balancing easier don't you think? Of course keep them the same if possible, which is what these changes also clearly had in mind.

Edited by Precrush, 12 July 2017 - 09:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users