Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete] - Page 4 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#76 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Most priest abuse the cancel animation bug for magnet this is very sad to say. Outrun that type of abuse even if u see it is hard.

#77 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

Sentinels don't require the amount of skill they used to do, and that passive is one of the reasons why. Smart trap placement is gone because it's easier to hide in a minefield + the optional shoot down every few seconds. Especially if the trap debuffs are that strong. Let's face it, playing a sentinel at the moment means huging a part of the map while replacing the traps everytime they disappear. 3 out of 4 close combat classes don't have a ''reliable'' method of pulling a sentinel out of his safe zone. Dragoon's Cross Cut has a huge range, you can easily catch someone in their minefield. But what then? Go into it and get that silence debuff? Ninjas can throw daggers or rocket punch but can't follow up with violent blow or mist vanish because going in there is suicide.

Sentinels don't need that passive especially if you consider you can easily start a combo with a combination of e.g. wolf rush + freeze trap. With a bit of practise of course. 

Someone simply hates Sentinels, lmao. Not trying to start an argument... I'd just like to point out that an archer can camp traps regardless of whether they're small or largely visible. Your problem clearly is not with the visibility of the traps, bro. :P If you're talking 1v1 pvp, simply don't pvp trap camping nibnabs. If you're talking multi pvp, noobs will be noobs. There isn't much you can do about trap campers, runners, and so on. Your benefit here is that you most likely have a trap camper on your team as well.

As far as chaincombo goes, I will restate what was mentioned above. All you need is fast fingers to be effective with any type of chaincombo or chaincombo stunlock; I don't see any logic behind calling all chaincombo users cheaters by accusing them of using macros. I play with many high a.speed chaincombo users (archers, especially), none of which use a macro program. I also don't see any point in further nerfing archer chaincombo, seeing as it is very easy to avoid with it being completely linear. Take a path above or below and either loop behind or use a catch that has vertical range from a safe lane. :)

Edited by Bustincaps, 13 July 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#78 EternalShadows

EternalShadows

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

Someone simply hates Sentinels, lmao. Not trying to start an argument... I'd just like to point out that an archer can camp traps regardless of whether they're small or largely visible. Your problem clearly is not with the visibility of the traps, bro. :P If you're talking 1v1 pvp, simply don't pvp trap camping nibnabs. If you're talking multi pvp, noobs will be noobs. There isn't much you can do about trap campers, runners, and so on. Your benefit here is that you most likely have a trap camper on your team as well.

As far as chaincombo goes, I will restate what was mentioned above. All you need is fast fingers to be effective with any type of chaincombo or chaincombo stunlock; I don't see any logic behind calling all chaincombo users cheaters by accusing them of using macros. I play with many high a.speed chaincombo users (archers, especially), none of which use a macro program. I also don't see any point in further nerfing archer chaincombo, seeing as it is very easy to avoid with it being completely linear. Take a path above or below and either loop behind or use a catch that has vertical range from a safe lane. :)

This is the pattern here and the main reason vertically 3 classes are broken now, due to people defending their classes. although they know, how unfair it is for all other classes.

Just saying your suggestion are totally wrong and maybe, ​you should consider trying to get things right, rather than to come up with excuses in order to protect your pathfinder. Class balance supposed to be just that, a class balance. Instead what we have is a continues broken system, because people try to come here to the forum and pretend to know it all, placing suggestion that makes no sense in order to keep their classes protected.

3 classes that will continue to be broken are the PRIEST-Archers-Warlock. Why? Cause the developer seems to be listening to the forums ideology of what's correct and not seem to understand the motive behind their comments or how to fix the problem. 1 developer is not enough, I know there is a lot of changes, but they seem to address things that are not broken.

I stated earlier, classes will never be balance and that's  the norm for all fighting games that depends on different skill set, and in every online gaming. 

Too many things are broken in-game, is not just class balance, but that will be a whole different forum thread.

There is many ways that a true balance could be achieved, but been afraid of making the hard choices for the right reasons, is what plagues these game developing area. What just happened is not a true balance, is just a teaser for the people here in the forum, who continue to spam for changes and yet, is for the wrong reasons.

#79 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Right, and sentinel traps are not an issue at least in the way you in picture it in my opinion either.

I don't think you've followed the forums or the game for very long with claims like that. Of course some people protect their classes, either subconsciously or knowingly. But saying that has resulted in people playing these classes (or more precisely playing pvp on these classes) is ludicrous. We are getting balance patches for the first time since like 4 years, basically what's been written here so far about the topic has mostly been meaningless.

#80 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

@Eternalfew Think it over, the things that have been changed recently are the skills that have been notoriously annoying to many players and it was finally touched and I'm sure you can agree on that through the many posts laying around the forums. You complaining about the classes are taken into account, you are not the only person so don't get so frustrated over that. It's just that these changes went out first, we may see some changes in the future with the classes you mentioned who knows. You are not wrong, but you aren't right for sure. It would be best to talk about the changes that have currently went out. Make a new topic and explain your reasons on why the classes you mentioned should be worked on. Posting something different isn't considerate. Respect the decision of the changes that went through, provide counter solid counter arguments and I'm sure it will be noticed.

I hope you know if Popcorn walks off, you won't get anything at all nor will anyone, he doesn't even need to be here to respond to you or any of us or post anything at all in fact we are lucky since the developer actually talks in the forum nearly religiously compared to other games.

@popcorn it is not strange to make an account after a change goes through, players don't come on only to see guides or post bugs. A lot of old players don't even have forum accounts.

#81 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

This is a patch notes topic started on 7/12 to inform the players about changes/events in the game.

It's not meant to discuss further class balance. 

If you want to do that feel free to open up a new topic in the appropriate forum section.

Topic locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users