Pororoca + La'cryma + Magician gloves = 100% mdef ignore? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pororoca + La'cryma + Magician gloves = 100% mdef ignore?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Since the Magician gloves is out, is it possible to obtain 100% mdef ignore for Pororoca + La'cryma + Magician gloves combo?

Do they stack?

My Celine's ribbon can finally revive and replace OBMH for my warlock if they do stack :heh:   

#2 Koding

Koding

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

I suggest you to go for +15 crimson rod NCT combo then temporal boots.

#3 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Pororoca Combo + Magician Gloves indeed gives you 100% mdef penetration to everything, no need to use NCT/NP card combos anymore on La'Cryma stick

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

If you already use NCT/NP combo crimson rod to begin with. Combo with magician gloves, it already surpass lacryma combo to those 4 races due to sheer matk difference of lacryma and crimson rod. If you need waterball so bad, then go lacryma combo.
Dammit magician gloves, bye bye KK MVP card

#5 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

What i dislike of the implementation is how my +15 La'Cryma carded with NP/NCT cards is awful now '-'. Now the era of the 2 handed Staffs has arrived once more!

#6 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Not really. My SoD is still worse than my La'cryma Combo and my Crimson Rod. My SoD was better than the La'cryma combo on Hatii, though, and only him, and only the first hit of CL which is amped (Hatii's MDEF = 103). The best combination thus far is Crimson Rod + Temporal Int. Probably Vicious Mind Staves with MDEF ignore and high upgrade will be better. I already have one with Insect Bypass (dropped by myself) and one with Demon Bypass. :D Also, VM Rods might've earned a better place with this glove. It being equipable only on the left slot is a serious pain, though... :(

And Vesper Card lives again... at least if you have a Sunflower Boy.

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

Seems very good on mine with my +16 obmh though........i think you just need more refines on your hat hahaha.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

LOL. 92% bypass. I envy your hat. Most of mine are +9, only of Telekinesis is +11.

#9 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, it depends on the refine level of your OBMH, there is a huge difference between 78% and 92% MDEF piercing. If someone can manage to get OBMH to +20, it is 100% bypass, although this is impossible on iRO(unlike kRO which has safe to +12, +14, +16 and even +19 certs).

#10 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

What i dislike of the implementation is how my +15 La'Cryma carded with NP/NCT cards is awful now '-'. Now the era of the 2 handed Staffs has arrived once more!

NCT/NP La'Crymas are still good.

Waterball OP.

#11 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

It's also still good for Water Focused Sorc spells, namely "Crazy Diamond" Dust and Water Psywave :heh:

b72d55588f199d1e5b6f5a6d9696ef7236b4449a

#12 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

What i was meaning is that now there's no need to have NP/NCT card combo since the Frost Nova effect already gives what you need in WL cases. Thought now that i think about it Sorcs can make use of it since they don't benefit from that skill obviously kek

#13 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

If you already use NCT/NP combo crimson rod to begin with. Combo with magician gloves, it already surpass lacryma combo to those 4 races due to sheer matk difference of lacryma and crimson rod. If you need waterball so bad, then go lacryma combo.
Dammit magician gloves, bye bye KK MVP card

High wizard mvp card would allow more freedom with gears and works in pvp, so its still very useful.

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

Ran some simulations, and in current environment (Magician's Gloves, MBS, Mob Scarf and Flattery Robe), looks like the way to go is Crimson Rod with NCT/NP combo for a general use, or Vicious Mind Rods (probably staves too, but I didn't try them yet) for specialized uses.

* La'Cryma stick is still useful for water ball situations, but even with 2 racial cards, it's worse than a Crimson Rod with 1 N.Mimic + 1 Big Ben.

* SoD is pretty much dead. Even with 100% bypass (Vesper, OBMH, etc) a +14 SoD with a Racist Card is only 1% better than a +15 Crimson Rod with the aforementioned combo. Not worthy dropping the shield for it.

* +15 Crimson Staff[2] with 2 racist cards is slightly better than a +14 SoD, but still loses to Crimson Rod on very low levels of MDEF. Looks like the bonus %MATK on MBS makes a huge difference with all the raw MATK you can stack nowadays. > Now that I reviewed it, what the heck was I trying to say here? Will have to revisit later.

* Last, but not least, a +12 VM Rod is less than 1% better than a +15 Crimson Rod NOT COUNTING THE ENCHANTS. Good VM Rods have just become gold.

* I'd be thankful if someone insert VM Staff on iRO Wiki DB today. I'd like to compare it's specs too.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 14 July 2017 - 08:55 AM.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Ran some simulations, and in current environment (Magician's Gloves, MBS, Mob Scarf and Flattery Robe), looks like the way to go is Crimson Rod with NCT/NP combo for a general use, or Vicious Mind Rods (probably staves too, but I didn't try them yet) for specialized uses.

* La'Cryma stick is still useful for water ball situations, but even with 2 racial cards, it's worse than a Crimson Rod with 1 N.Mimic + 1 Big Ben.

* SoD is pretty much dead. Even with 100% bypass (Vesper, OBMH, etc) a +14 SoD with a Racist Card is only 1% better than a +15 Crimson Rod with the aforementioned combo. Not worthy dropping the shield for it.

* +15 Crimson Staff[2] with 2 racist cards is slightly better than a +14 SoD, but still loses to Crimson Rod on very low levels of MDEF. Looks like the bonus %MATK on MBS makes a huge difference with all the raw MATK you can stack nowadays.

* Last, but not least, a +12 VM Rod is less than 1% better than a +15 Crimson Rod NOT COUNTING THE ENCHANTS. Good VM Rods have just become gold.

* I'd be thankful if someone insert VM Staff on iRO Wiki DB today. I'd like to compare it's specs too.

the hate is real

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

High wizard mvp card would allow more freedom with gears and works in pvp, so its still very useful.

the downside of the KK MVP card is not preferred to some players

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

and you have more attractive headgear cards than you have accessories choices.

#18 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Just one glove works perfecly on my 2h staff setup :D i just need to get a higher + OBMH someday

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

you need to switch your RNGod to Marty if you want +16 OBMH

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

the hate is real

What else do you call something that DEALS MORE DAMAGE TO A SPECIFIC RACE? :heh: :heh: :heh:

#21 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Well I've been helping out with iRO wiki and adding VM weapons lately, but only Vicious Mind Rod has been approved. The other VM weapons, you may have to wait a while longer to see it in the public database. Also lemme know if there are other important items missing from the database, I can add that and wait for Mosu's approval. :D

Oh yeah, there is a Vicious Mind Rod on sale from ragi.al, which bypasses 16% MDEF on bosses. This means that you can achieve 100% MDEF piercing with this rod, so long as you have Magicians Gloves and a +12 Ordinary Black Magician Hat, which is quite feasible. The only problem is that the first enchant increases damage dealt to Poison element monsters, which is pretty much useless. Would've been a lot better if it is neutral or undead though.

#22 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Better have one with a good combination of +% property bonus and +% race damage, though if you want a single VM Rod, this is the one to buy. You can get the missing 50% with a card that also gives 5% damage against 2 races, so, if you get >10% bonus on a good combination of Race/Property, it will be way better. You have to know what you want to hunt, though. For generic use, propably the +15 Tomb Raider's Crimson Rod of Echo is the way to go. The best cost-performance ratio that you can get.

#23 FT15

FT15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKanto Region from Planet Korhal - Koprulu Sector

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

does the mdef ignore of TSOD works and stacks with M.Gloves? just wondering...

and apologies for my ignorance, what is NCT/NP?  :p_laugh:

And how does the mdef ignore works with pororoca combo? it says 5% per level of Frost nova. Does the mdef ignore only works with Frost Nova skill or does it work with whatever skill you use? 

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

All MDEF Bypass stack aditively together, whatever the source (TSoD, OBMH, Magician's Glove, KK MVP Card) or the specifics (Generic stacks with Race-Specific). While there's race-specific MDEF bypass, I've never seen Skill Specific MDEF Bypass. So, it works with everything.

#25 FT15

FT15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKanto Region from Planet Korhal - Koprulu Sector

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

ooohhh.. so level 10 Frost nova with pororoca combo is additional 50% mdef for mgloves.

mmmm........ too bad, wont work with my Sorc because of that Frost Nova.. :p_sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users