A 3rd-person outlook on OCP item hoarding and its results - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A 3rd-person outlook on OCP item hoarding and its results

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Let me lay one thing down first and foremost: i am [not] here to complain, i'm here to explain the current patterns and trends that i've been watching with ocp related items and their effect on the economy and gamer morale.

Welcome to connection class 101.

Firstly, the market... is dead. I've been vending my 40's shop for years so i know prices and values pretty well despite fluctuating numbers. I have an insane amount of variety of things to sell, but only certain things sell since this massive release of OCP gear began. I'm fine because i know what those things are and i can make zeny when i need to anyway, but this OCP concept is starting to seem damaging to the server/community. Here's how:

People are always saving for something new to buy, but the moment a new OCP box is released everyone has to (or feels the need to, en masse) start focusing on coming up with zeny for the new gear pieces. all other potential gear/item focuses get shoved aside for OCP. then, end-game people with insane amounts of zeny and nothing to spend it on start buying all the (momentary burst) cheap(er) new stuff and immediately begin pushing those things to 1b prices or higher. This is technically fine because the buyer has every right to purchase whatever the crap they want, and the seller has the same right to sell for whatever they want. Its buy-low-sell-high stuff and completely within reason.

However...

This is creating a pattern that's pretty negative. Since people hoard these items and constantly buy the cheaper lowball versions just for resale, its putting a backflow-block on virtually every other item in the game other than consumables in the market for both high, mid, and low tier players.

- people aren't buying other gears that arent jRO (at least not at the current moment) because of a fear that the hoarders will raise prices on the newer items even further. they scramble to obtain any zeny they can.. to the point that even MCA prices have gone so low because all people do now is farm MCA from NTF and sell it to the one or two buy vendors in existence, who are constantly lowering prices anyway.

- some new people see this trend and can't keep up because of the stale market and high priced jRO items, and they wind up quitting before they ever really start.

- the above note is also affecting returning players. i've had a few friends come back and then disappear again because the release date of jro items is simply too quick to keep up with and they already feel left behind as it is

- despite the declining population due to RO:R, hoarders are still taking the greed to an extensive level with the high priced items. but imo this is a foolish move, because keeping prices high when there are more items to sell than there are people puts every lower or upper class player at risk for other non-jro items that they might need to sell. it creates that very staleness we all experience together.
- it creates more of a need for people to RMT. sorry to bring the obvious to the spotlight, but a bunch of the people who hoard those items are also making actual money off of them, quite easily i might say. with this stale market, newer and returning players can't even afford to get the gears through legitimate means so they just wind up buying it with real cash just to keep up.

basically what im saying.. what im trying to tell everyone - GMs, CMs, active and inactive players alike - is that the path is laid out before us to hang ourselves, and we're currently walking it.

if hoarders would lower their prices, people could get their jRO gear purchases out of the way for the month and help move the normal market items again. this move would actually be inviting to returning players and new players alike! it could possibly help keep the RMTing down (at least a little bit) since prices and market flow might become more reasonable.

a vend limit decrease to 500m could also affect this. 1b is harder to get in actual zeny than 500m is, obviously. if the cap is lowered even halfway, this would have a much better effect on the economy because then people are just going to raise the price on new items to 500m vend limit, and as i said its way easier to acquire 500m than 1b so people can get their jRO shopping out of the way and get back to the purchasing of in-game gears or even normal cash shop items at a quicker pace. hoarders can still hoard items but for lesser profit (and even their RMT earnings would be cut in half).

tldr; in any reality, the rich/wealthy affect the economy & the world itself. right now, our world's (RO's) economy is being destroyed by our wealthy. if you have a true love for the game and you are hoarding ocp items, i ask you to reconsider. what good is it having all of that zeny if you're playing on a server that's dwindling in numbers already?

Edited by Fuuton, 13 July 2017 - 08:17 PM.

#2 Gamblerwolf

Gamblerwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

I feel like lately everything has been spinning around the OCP's. There's no breathing space for time to help the economy, but that's just my opinion.

#3 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

iro will be dead soon 

#4 Omelette

Omelette

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrying Pan
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

They could stop the blatant RMT on other websites, but nope its too hard to ban those people running the group. They could eradicate the bots, but they just don't have the will and effort to integrate other server's bot-free methods. And now, our server is full of overpowered items, more powerful than mvp cards I might say. Good job, this server will die if the GMs doesn't do anything major about this situation.

#5 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Well, overpriced mvps all just rot in the storage. It is that simple. Moreover ...

IDRdfBb.png

Dont you worry. RO:Re is all about exploiting and botting.

It is obviously another milking server.

Edited by DoentMatter2U, 13 July 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#6 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

and that number is way down from the 3k population it was at a few months ago..

the more i think about it, the more i feel it really does have to do with the vend limit. 99m was too low but 1b is also too high. i think 500m could really be a good fit.

Edited by Fuuton, 13 July 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#7 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

You can't change a person nor you can force him to do so. Games or real life there are people who do this kind of manipulation. Moreover, this is a virtual world so a conscience doesn't exist on this type of people.

The only way to stop this type of manipulation is for the game to evolve. Make every ocp/cash items obtainable with hard work in-game. Doesn'y matter if it's near impossible as long as an option is there people will either do it or never.

#8 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

318 in thor

30 in that are in gtb map as cats acting as cctv

Lmao yep we're dying

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

just saying the AB ring is just purely terrible.

#10 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

just saying the AB ring is just purely terrible.

care to explain?+15% seems good, havent tried yet.

#11 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

It's one of the side effects when the market's sample population itself is so small. The few hoarders have a very noticeable impact on the economy. 

As for server population, 600 of those are vends. I'm willing to bet there's at least 750 bots. That leaves us with 500 actual players, half of which will probably be afk/alt-tabbed/dual clients.

Edit: Regarding AB Ring, I think one of them works fine for the 15% increase, unless people want both Cure lvl 1 AND one of the other mora enchants (Archbishop/Cathedral), so I can see people prioritizing specific skill efficiency which the Mora ring enchants grant, rather than an overall 15% healing increase.

Edited by WolfTri, 13 July 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#12 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Even the haorders have stopped hoarding cylinder and magic gloves lol,the supply is too huge!
I am one of the very few persons who were still optimistic about chaos ! but what i am seeing today ! its time to RIP !

#13 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Time to move to RO:RE but if you plan to play legitimately there i.e. you are not planning to exploit, bot, or cheat when woe starts. Better just quit once and for all.

#14 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Still hoarding in Thor anyway cause you know...

WPE Shortage?  :heh:  Dollar to Peso exchange rate is hella high these days and those 50%discount sellers aint restocking anytime soon for some reason

#15 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

thanks for your topic but its useless, GMs and kRO are money sucking idiots who rather kill off their pretty dead game already with this whole load of bull-_-. I thought the OCP comes 1, 2 or 3 times, but thats its still going is a punch in the face for the whole community and I'll remind them of how -_- retarded they are every once in a while since this is just a scam to force people to buy their -_-. I invested 200$ into the OCP 4 to get tengu stuff, I didnt get a single item, just dragon boots, dragon headgear, survival staff, job manual boxes, ONLY GARBAGE. So Ive bought them with zeny and a month later mob scarf gets released.

-_- you GMs for not telling kRO that u dont want this trash but rather relevant content instead of just recycling every 15 year old map and just putting "nightmare" behind it. You treat your last loyal costumers like garbage.

#16 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

thanks for your topic but its useless, GMs and kRO are money sucking idiots who rather kill off their pretty dead game already with this whole load of bull-_-. I thought the OCP comes 1, 2 or 3 times, but thats its still going is a punch in the face for the whole community and I'll remind them of how -_- retarded they are every once in a while since this is just a scam to force people to buy their -_-. I invested 200$ into the OCP 4 to get tengu stuff, I didnt get a single item, just dragon boots, dragon headgear, survival staff, job manual boxes, ONLY GARBAGE. So Ive bought them with zeny and a month later mob scarf gets released.

-_- you GMs for not telling kRO that u dont want this trash but rather relevant content instead of just recycling every 15 year old map and just putting "nightmare" behind it. You treat your last loyal costumers like garbage.

let your rage be known, friend. maybe they'll pay attention to this thread and do something about it. its a serious topic, so every serious response should not be taken lightly. heated response like this is actually good because it demonstrates your frustration, and i've definitely had those kinds of days with the decisions made within this game too.

Still hoarding in Thor anyway cause you know...

WPE Shortage?  :heh:  Dollar to Peso exchange rate is hella high these days and those 50%discount sellers aint restocking anytime soon for some reason

basically thor has become what ymir once was: a dwindling server that they will likely just merge with the rest. if you were part of the last merge, then you understand how much bank was to be made afterwards /gg

Edited by Fuuton, 14 July 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#17 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

I'd love the part wherein people fight over which place to settle on pockets of spaces in every towns due to overlapping border claims after merging servers  :heh:  some event went GvG over it back in some merge in pRO

#18 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

let your rage be known, friend. maybe they'll pay attention to this thread and do something about it. its a serious topic, so every serious response should not be taken lightly. heated response like this is actually good because it demonstrates your frustration, and i've definitely had those kinds of days with the decisions made within this game too.

basically thor has become what ymir once was: a dwindling server that they will likely just merge with the rest. if you were part of the last merge, then you understand how much bank was to be made afterwards /gg

you are right sir. I know it doesnt sound very mature but im just so frustrated. Im on this server for 2 years, played euRO from 2004 to 2008, and I understand that cash shop is nessesary but that the OCP went to version 8 by now just leaves me unable to stay calm, its so freaking sad that the GMs let this through but dont act vs bots, vs bugs, vs exploits. The only thing they invest into is banning RMT'er, anything else they dont seem to care about.

Im one of those newbie idiots who killed of 4 chars just to get tengu set in hope its best in slot for a while and will only increase in price. If I had known its just gonna be put in another box 2 months later or be even replaced by better stuff I just wouldnt have gotten -_-s. iRO has becoming a scamming -_-fest who want to milk the few last people who make sure this server even lives even tho theres so much stuff that could be fixed so easy to make the game a better experience.

Even little stuff. Whats wrong in the head of korean programmers to put switch the Yes and No Position in a dialogue. Like what the -_-. "hey, lets just put some annoying -_- in the game that has no value at all, just to piss of the costumer that play a game for 15 years that cant fix posi bugs, that cant punish botter/make botting impossible, that relies on RNG so heavy, that has so many maps with annoying little trash mobs that grant no exp but still will -_- over your experience because they are ranged or they inflict debuffs, that copy pastas old maps and puts nightmare behind it, not even adjusting the drops or anything, that serves these -_-er right for paying our jobs yo".

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 14 July 2017 - 12:51 AM.

#19 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

Well isnt the deal with jRO that they supply OCP 1-10. Means only 2 box left before ocp series is over. Dont remember where i see that... hmm

#20 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

that moment when for every OCP 10% of the playerbase quit...

we're coming OCP10  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#21 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

well the community itself is asking for OP gears to be brought here. so... 

#22 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

Well isnt the deal with jRO that they supply OCP 1-10. Means only 2 box left before ocp series is over. Dont remember where i see that... hmm

A statement somewhere in this forum from Astra also states that they will be releasing OCP as long as jRO keep sending them stuffs.

#23 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

A statement somewhere in this forum from Astra also states that they will be releasing OCP as long as jRO keep sending them stuffs.

thats what Ive heard as well.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

and the gears that have yet to come... oh honey :v

#25 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Can't they just... you know... not release them? Or is it a contractual thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users