A 3rd-person outlook on OCP item hoarding and its results - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A 3rd-person outlook on OCP item hoarding and its results

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Obviously thats because the updates from kRO took so long, so our equipments are outdated

thats why people requesting ocp gears from the beginning,

------------------------------------------

i always get surprised , there are a lots useful things to come in OCP, like holy armor, shadow, undead, wind, earth

yet they chose Mob Scarf, Magical Gloves, etc

#27 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

Can't they just... you know... not release them? Or is it a contractual thing?

It's a profit thing.

#28 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:48 AM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Called it years ago and you people still debate about it lmao

#29 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:05 AM

It really sucks that we have to figure this out for our self. If Iro was planning on killing chaos, they at least could have told us the effects that the restart sever may have on chaos. Most of you think that it is the OPC that killed chaos even more but I personally think it was from opening RE:restart that brought us all to this fork in the road. Do we stay on chaos that is now dead or do we start all over again on RE:restart. We only have one choice here because the other option is playing a solo RO. The bots on RE:restart are out of control. So, I guess it is time to join the ban wagon because IRO officially does not give a -_- anymore. So guess what, I don't give a -_- anymore.

Edited by mattxor, 14 July 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#30 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:11 AM

#31 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

Obviously thats because the updates from kRO took so long, so our equipments are outdated

thats why people requesting ocp gears from the beginning,

------------------------------------------

i always get surprised , there are a lots useful things to come in OCP, like holy armor, shadow, undead, wind, earth

yet they chose Mob Scarf, Magical Gloves, etc

The packages are made by jRO and send to iRO, i think camp repeatedly said the packages which is the item inside cant be change.

edit: So in reality its actually jRO that is killing us due to them wanting to remove dependence on mvp cards, and iRO cant do anything about it due to their contract. At least this is what i think is happening.

Edited by icecream2, 14 July 2017 - 04:16 AM.

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

jRO>kRO>iRO

#33 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

The packages are made by jRO and send to iRO, i think camp repeatedly said the packages which is the item inside cant be change.

Nope, iRO chose and requested it.

Campitor said they received the data late, and he was still testing it the day before maint. Perhaps some were not working, so they only put in the 2 working ones along with some old garbage, + cylinder to keep people interested in buying the box.

"so they only put in the 2 working ones along with some old garbage"

Edited by Silvianna, 14 July 2017 - 04:25 AM.

#34 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

Nope, iRO chose and requested it.

It doesnt

#35 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

so they didnt request that gloves ? 

its hard to believe lol

well lets just wait we explanation from Staff then

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

everything will come sooner or later, just a matter of when.

And that includes more DB boosting gears, more gene booating gears, retarded GX stuff, stupid ranger stuf, etc

#37 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

many of those hoarders are terrible with numbers and predictions though, let them fail.

Edited by MrBrainFreeze, 14 July 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#38 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

OP gears arent too nice but whats really annoying is that you all get them from boxes. How about giving people a reason to play the game again instead of buying all the BiS Gear with RL money. 

in b4: Hard to believe I know but if youre not among the top 10-30% of the server you cant just farm MvPs with your friends to make 1,2b/week so pls spare me your "you can just farm the money by selling stems, you dont HAVE TO pay money hurdur im so smurt".

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 14 July 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#39 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

OP gears arent too nice but whats really annoying is that you all get them from boxes. How about giving people a reason to play the game again instead of buying all the BiS Gear with RL money. 

in b4: Hard to believe I know but if youre not among the top 10-30% of the server you cant just farm MvPs with your friends to make 1,2b/week so pls spare me your "you can just farm the money by selling stems, you dont HAVE TO pay money hurdur im so smurt".

because when you have the 3 new weapons, Rachel, Sunflower and Lindy dropping at rates people do not like, they then complain that the game is too grindy.

Seriously the koreans dont complain about the rates, if you dont like the rates, you have the option to go for boxes, if you dont like the boxes, enjoy the rates and the happiness that comes with grinding for gear and the extra rates when they give a drop event. BiS doesnt seem to be the real issue here, your enjoyment just seems to be scrutanized. You can live without BiS gear after all like we have been till the boxes came around, i get my cash store BiS gear, you still get your traditional gameplay grinding gear experience.

#40 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

because when you have the 3 new weapons, Rachel, Sunflower and Lindy dropping at rates people do not like, they then complain that the game is too grindy.

Seriously the koreans dont complain about the rates, if you dont like the rates, you have the option to go for boxes, if you dont like the boxes, enjoy the rates and the happiness that comes with grinding for gear and the extra rates when they give a drop event. BiS doesnt seem to be the real issue here, your enjoyment just seems to be scrutanized. You can live without BiS gear after all like we have been till the boxes came around, i get my cash store BiS gear, you still get your traditional gameplay grinding gear experience.

Just tell me who gets the MvP, the guy with the cylinder headband or the one without. Obv for grinding mobs it doesnt make a difference, but in endgame it does.

#41 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

Just tell me who gets the MvP, the guy with the cylinder headband or the one without. Obv for grinding mobs it doesnt make a difference, but in endgame it does.

I cannot disagree with your rhetorical question, it is obviously the guy wearing the BiS, aside from other external factors like maybe they arent geared to tank the MvP and such, stats, that sorta thing.

I think really though, instead of it being that the guy wearing BiS is gonna win, rather, isnt it a better question on yourself to ask how can you gear up without BiS gear and win over that guy?

Your thinking too straightforwardly.

#42 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

The one who lands first hit and is lucky to find them first. You can always bomb the MvP instead of CC-ing. 

I find it incomprehensible when you are speaking of endgame items and yet still farming stems. I believe if you are working out to the endgame gameplay, you would be more than enough to farm instances and summon personal MvPs from those instances.

I can vouch with our without cylinder, I still can't beat those crazy campers that camps the field MvP.

And you totally ignored the comment on Lindyhop, Juliette de Rachel and Sunflower boy. Lindyhop itself goes for around 6b and I shiver at the price of Juliette de Rachel. Some are end game materials, some are not. 

Its a business strategy that works in jRO so WP is trying to milk from it. VIP only revenue is no longer sufficient by itself, and too many costumes is just.... too much. Which leaves us to ingame items.

People have been requesting for so long, so what can I say except.. learn to deal with it.

#43 ellol

ellol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

ayyy lmao

#44 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

The one who lands first hit and is lucky to find them first. You can always bomb the MvP instead of CC-ing. 

I find it incomprehensible when you are speaking of endgame items and yet still farming stems. I believe if you are working out to the endgame gameplay, you would be more than enough to farm instances and summon personal MvPs from those instances.

I can vouch with our without cylinder, I still can't beat those crazy campers that camps the field MvP.

And you totally ignored the comment on Lindyhop, Juliette de Rachel and Sunflower boy. Lindyhop itself goes for around 6b and I shiver at the price of Juliette de Rachel. Some are end game materials, some are not. 

Its a business strategy that works in jRO so WP is trying to milk from it. VIP only revenue is no longer sufficient by itself, and too many costumes is just.... too much. Which leaves us to ingame items.

People have been requesting for so long, so what can I say except.. learn to deal with it.

I did accept it, I still think spamming OCP after OCP after OCP to no end is just too much. watever. 

#45 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

I did accept it, I still think spamming OCP after OCP after OCP to no end is just too much. watever. 

Could go back to Grove or Lucky box but that will just be old items like FAW/HBP endless getting recycled with consumables. They do need a new box for sale in Cash shop every month. Since we aren't getting gears from kRO, best is to get it from jRO. Its very unlikely that we will get our own customized equipments... (Althought one can hope and dream about it).

At least OCP means new equipments to the server....

Honestly i kinda like how it is now for the long term.

1. OP gears come out at low rate, people pay 1-2b for it.

2. People QQ say how its imbalance.

3. Same Op gears gets re-release 3-4 months later at a higher rate, drops down to an affordable range like 500m, everyone gets to use it.

Whoever bought at 1. enjoys access to that item for a premium for 3-4 months. While everyone gets it 3-4 months later.

Competitive advantage do not last long, or forever.

#46 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Could go back to Grove or Lucky box but that will just be old items like FAW/HBP endless getting recycled with consumables. They do need a new box for sale in Cash shop every month. Since we aren't getting gears from kRO, best is to get it from jRO. Its very unlikely that we will get our own customized equipments... (Althought one can hope and dream about it).

At least OCP means new equipments to the server....

Honestly i kinda like how it is now for the long term.

1. OP gears come out at low rate, people pay 1-2b for it.

2. People QQ say how its imbalance.

3. Same Op gears gets re-release 3-4 months later at a higher rate, drops down to an affordable range like 500m, everyone gets to use it.

Whoever bought at 1. enjoys access to that item for a premium for 3-4 months. While everyone gets it 3-4 months later.

Competitive advantage do not last long, or forever.

Well, if it works like that itd be fine with me. I was expecting that whoever isnt able to afford the zeny/the money to stack on OP gears with this OCP train will be left at the mercy of those who can just buy of the BiS gear now and will resell it later at much higher price than it already is. If they re release it some months later at a higher chance (i said it before, I used 200$ on the first tengu OCP, and didnt get a single tengu item, mostly the garbage), then im fine with rich people enjoying the benefits for a amount of time. 

#47 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

i wanted to back off on posting for a little while to see what other types of responses came up.

i wasnt aware that there was a set limit on how many jRO boxes we're to obtain because it hasnt been mentioned anywhere. this is the first im hearing about 10 boxes maximum. if it's true that there's only 2 more boxes left after this, then hopefully the market will eventually sort itself out after those boxes stop coming in..

but if not, i am again going to revert back to the vend-limit decrease to 500m idea. this truly seems like it would stabilize the market because it cuts all profits in half, which makes it tougher for RMT sales and gives hoarders more of a reason to just get rid of their items quicker. and it would cut all spending in half as well, making it easier to purchase items. i think if iRO even sampled this idea for 1month we would see improvements.

but who do we even talk to to get something like that in motion?

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

this is the first im hearing about 10 boxes maximum. if it's true that there's only 2 more boxes left after this

that's not correct

#49 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Well, if it works like that itd be fine with me. I was expecting that whoever isnt able to afford the zeny/the money to stack on OP gears with this OCP train will be left at the mercy of those who can just buy of the BiS gear now and will resell it later at much higher price than it already is. If they re release it some months later at a higher chance (i said it before, I used 200$ on the first tengu OCP, and didnt get a single tengu item, mostly the garbage), then im fine with rich people enjoying the benefits for a amount of time. 

Well its not 100% but it seems to be going that way. First syringe( OCP 1 then OCP 6), then cylinder and EDA (OCP3 and 5 then in OCP 8). Can't forget Love piece that was in OCP1 and then immediately in OCP 2. There are also items like Hero Mask that were re-release. Lets just hope thats the way it is. Reselling the BiS for like 2-4x the amount after the box leaves is totally crazy.

i wanted to back off on posting for a little while to see what other types of responses came up.

i wasnt aware that there was a set limit on how many jRO boxes we're to obtain because it hasnt been mentioned anywhere. this is the first im hearing about 10 boxes maximum. if it's true that there's only 2 more boxes left after this, then hopefully the market will eventually sort itself out after those boxes stop coming in..

but if not, i am again going to revert back to the vend-limit decrease to 500m idea. this truly seems like it would stabilize the market because it cuts all profits in half, which makes it tougher for RMT sales and gives hoarders more of a reason to just get rid of their items quicker. and it would cut all spending in half as well, making it easier to purchase items. i think if iRO even sampled this idea for 1month we would see improvements.

but who do we even talk to to get something like that in motion?

Doubt its 10 as the limit. So yeah... maybe Camp and Astra. It will definitely slow down items that are worth 500m and above like all the over refine stuffs and OP gears. They will just have to resort to using eden *Gasp* or social media i.e forum for it.

#50 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

WP cant change the content but they can add something in it including previous ocp gears.
I read it somewhere, pretty sure of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users