11 replies to this topic

#1 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Ive always wanted to try other builds of priest aside from just pure FS,and my choice is Turn Undead type.,browse on google for stat builds,also in youtube,but i cant decide hiw to build it.,

Others put some on luk, others dont.,why?some said put some agi for flee,some said its a mistake.,

Im currently Level 71 and my stats and skills are not puppy*d up yet to think of adding TU in my skills. If i got bored as FS(party or duo), i could simply switch to solo mode for hunting equips i guess (solo TU)., This way i could enjoy playing Priest as i leveling instead of always needing a "friend" to support.

Anyone who wants to share their build if you dont mind?lol or some thoughts about it? Thanks!

#2 reiko57

reiko57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

According to the wiki, FS and TU build are very similar the only main difference is LUK, but if you build as FS without any LUK you still should have a pretty decent TU.

"There is debate about the practicality of having any LUK at all (success rate difference of 2~3%), especially if the Priest is hybrid, in which case those extra points can be invested into either VIT or DEX."

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Priest

The other main skill you need to have is gloria to be effective tho.

#3 Magestron

Magestron

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

The succes rate of TU is based on INT, LUK,skill level and your base level

Chance rate = 20%(skill base) + (base level % 10) + (INT % 10) + (LUK % 10) + something related to mob hp that i dont remember...

Unless you want to have about 50%+ succes rate LUK isn't important and if you are planning to kill anubis or something that do magic damage i recommend farm the necessary gear for that... bathory card, thara card, etc. Otherwise you will get killed by magic damage since renewal magic damage is really high.

#4 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

So your saying guys that even without LUK or 9 LUK but with high INT, your TU would still be effective?this would give me more points to pour on VIT/DEX then.

Well im not actually the anubis only guy but all undead monsters.ill take anubis when im in level 90 or sort..

#5 puddingmilktea

puddingmilktea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Every 10 LUK adds only 1% success rate, so it is pretty insignificant for TU.  Personally though, I think it's worth getting like 20 or 30 LUK simply since you get a lot of perks for a paltry amount of stat points.  INT also affects success rate, but Priests already get super high INT anyway.

Anubis or bust.  As long as you can tank the initial Dark Soul Strike, you should level there ASAP.  All you need is a Thara and Bathory and it's easy mode.  Or if you're a poor loser like me you can go the ghetto route and use an Argiope-carded armor (50% reduction vs Shadow and Undead).  I went there at level 72.  With minimal gears your Priest can go there too.

#6 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hmmm..i see. Yes i did think of pouring some LUK but for 20 only and then Gloria.,i dont have TU right now since i just thought about it,
For FSTU build,does it need to be a 99INT?coz right now i poured it over 90 for the moment.,

#7 kinkyou012

kinkyou012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

I wouldn't recommend using Gloria because of the cast delay is pretty long and the duration is relatively short for a small 3% increase. And if you're in a dangerous place you'll constantly be on your guard for clutch heals to save yourself from dying.

Having at least 80 base INT is recommended for a FS/TU, then get VIT afterwards. DEX, which used to be a requirement for shorter cast time, is not needed much thanks to renewal/classic hybrid but I still recommend at least a bit of DEX just to help out.

Getting AGI is pointless now. It was a thing back on classic for dodging Anubis' autos because TU had a long cast time even with a decent amount of DEX invested so they had time to get 1 auto or skill to hit you before you TU them. 

Any points you have leftover after you feel satisfied with the above should go into LUK. 

My 2 cents to you because I have a FS/TU priest and is at 75 right now. I'm rocking at GH and hopefully I'll have enough zeny to get me a Bath and do Anubis

#8 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

Would you be so kind to let me observe you doing TU at GH? Coz if LUK is not necessary then i wouldnt change my build as FS,only the skill build since your target is to get TU lvl 10 then.,

im getting the picture now,but i would want to see that in game,you know to convince myself haha.,

#9 xXxShinoxXx

xXxShinoxXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Just my experience but if you are trying to get some quick lvl, you can try using Res on Anubis. Res at Lv 4 is instant and may or may not kill Anubis right away (acts as TU), so you can tele before he throws magic at you

... This is a bit expensive however, but maybe less expensive than a bathory card :D

#10 puddingmilktea

puddingmilktea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

A level 75 Priest, probably has 100 INT with Bless, and level 10 TU: 7.5% + 10% + 20% = 37.5% success rate.  With Gloria that would be 40.5%.  GH is a cakewalk no matter what you're doing.  Just remember to sidestep or fwing from Heaven's Drive because that crap legitimately one-shots now lol.

Edited by puddingmilktea, 14 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#11 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

A level 75 Priest, probably has 100 INT with Bless, and level 10 TU: 7.5% + 10% + 20% = 37.5% success rate.  With Gloria that would be 40.5%.  GH is a cakewalk no matter what you're doing.  Just remember to sidestep or fwing from Heaven's Drive because that crap legitimately one-shots now lol.

LOL yes fwing, I wish tele was fixed level 1 no box comes up. 2 the box. its a real pest.

#12 Eikii

Eikii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

LOL yes fwing, I wish tele was fixed level 1 no box comes up. 2 the box. its a real pest.

I used to wish this too so that I didn't have to spend zeny on fly wings. BUT, flies can be used while casting and tele you have to wait for aftercast delays to finish before you can use. So even with no box pup-up, flies are better.

Edited by Eikii, 23 September 2017 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users