Chaos or ReStart? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Chaos or ReStart?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Dronin

Dronin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Like many vets who are heavily invested in chaos with lots of time behind the wheel, and quite a bit of money invested, im a little concerned about ReStart. I do agree it's a great idea, and heck, if I wasn't so invested, I would probably even give it go. It actually seems like a great idea in many regards. Reset the broken economy, give new players a chance to get on the same page, have a fun new start to the game going back to square one, etc etc... However, I won't be playing restart. I've spent far too much effort on my home in Chaos. Because I do see why ReStart could be so appealing, this is why I'm concerned. Just look on Twitch to see how many ppl are live streaming now, and most of them are, you guessed it, on ReS. I know WP has stated ReS will be kept as a seperate entity to the other servers, but I still wonder what the future may bring... Just how does it effect the future of Chaos??? For one, how many current and potential players will Chaos lose to ReS? WP says they have no plan for mergers, but who can see that far into the future? I certainly hope if ReS does take over and Chaos does meet its end, WP will offer character transfers. If only one of the largest problems in Chaos could be fixed (the economy and gap between vets and nubs), Chaos would remain a viable option for new players not wanting to wait for episodic updates to unfurl. I agree there are other issues, but I find the economy to be one the largest barriers to new players entering the game, and ReStart may very well fix that issue, as well as support a healthy economy for years to come, who knows. Keep the bots down and reduce the premature inflation. Truth is, I know I have no power over what may or may not happen, I just hope not to lose what I've worked so very hard for. I also know there's still a lot of sand left in that hour glass, so I'm not too worried at the moment. However, if there is anything that can be done to save a sinking ship, it's to see the iceberg and maneuver away from hitting it, rather than desperately trying to patch the hole and hoping for the best. Best wishes guys.

Edited by Dronin, 18 July 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

If you dont mind competing against tireless bots and playing along with people from dead Classic Loki server, then definitely give Odin a try. You also need be prepared for whatever rare item you put effort in to farm, bots can sell it much cheaper.

Chaos has been saturated in almost every aspect and the end game such as WoE is completely dead, many things dont sell because everyone has all basic necessities, etc. Definitely no future here and will probably follow dead Classic Loki real soon.

I started Revo-Class Odin on the first day and now just play it casually. I dont want to farm against bots and exploiters there because I dont bot and I am not in an elementary school anymore to have so much time to play games. Right now I only log in iRO to do OGH hoping to get the card and wait for nightmare OGH to come xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 18 July 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#3 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

i planned to play odin but gave up later because I'm lazy and only want to one-hit mobs then ask gramps for exp.

but if it weren't for my past spending in thor, I would've gave it a shot.

#4 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Nah Thor players should be more worried than Chaos'. Since there is roPH aside Re:Start  :heh:

#5 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Nah Thor players should be more worried than Chaos'. Since there is roPH aside Re:Start :heh:

As far as i've known roPH is still on the verge of final disagreements

whether to continue with the current agreements!

Chaos is outside the iRO wtwat is wrong with U all Thor has no

ReStart strings that would result to a clash of interest,

among the RO leadership.

Edited by Kirx, 18 July 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#6 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

I've known some players from Thor who plays Re:Start too that's why I said so.  :dunno:

#7 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

I've known some players from Thor who plays Re:Start too that's why I said so. :dunno:

I'm sure, though i only play Ragnarok Journey now.

#8 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:57 AM

So, there is a lot to discuss here. I will do my best to address everything in order.

The OP has every right to be concerned about Chaos and its future.

ReStart is a great idea but it does kill all other servers. I think this is what everyone needs to understand most here.

When the GM's decided to separate subscriptions from the current servers, this was the indication that they wanted to kill those servers.

It was planned along time ago and we are witnessing it as I'm presenting my views here now. Because of this, I do not think a merger will ever happen.

I have played this game since its first year anniversary. Gee that is a long time. If someone told me to give all that up, I would tell them to go to -_-. But what has happened here, the GM's of IRO have taken it from all of us.

Now, I agree and disagree to what Chakri is saying here.

Yes, you have to compete with bots as we did here on our servers.

Yes, our servers have been killed now forever.

Although, I don't think ReStart should have such a negative look on it.

As I have told you, I have played a long time. I would not play this game that long if I didn't love the game.

So, It really is not about my gears or what I have worked for. It is about playing the game I love.

ReStart gives everyone a fresh start and they get to relive some of the things I got to see.

It is up to us to flood these forums to get the bot problem taken care of on a daily basis. That is the only way it will get fixed.

I would suggest everyone take this chance to abandon Chaos and just play it for fun.

Everyone should now realize what has happened here.

Enjoy ReStart and take your game back from the bots!

Edited by mattxor, 19 July 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#9 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

Abandon chaos go to thooooor yaaaay

#10 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

If they plan to kill chaos, then let it die lol But I'm not starting from scratches on a new server, holy -_- not everyone has time for that. Good for you if you do, I wish I had time and the same enthusiasm/passion for RO to start over again. I've also played this game on and off for a long time. It's just sad to see how things are being handled and have to read threads like this every other day.

Edited by Richkr, 19 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.

#11 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

I have a real life...so in the worst case I can always delete the client and move on lol I used to play this with friends and they are all gone anyway (married, career change, etc life) My ingame stuff has no value to me. I can throw away my gtb, kiels, tao and gods before I leave, take note ;) But frankly, who wants to play on a server that everyone claims to be dead. And if this is really what gonna happen to chaos, then ok. You can play restart or w/e. But a friend of mine recently asked me if I was going to join this new server managed by the same people with roughly the same population who watched chaos dying, back to 2003 to start things again? No ty

#12 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

Abandon chaos go to thooooor yaaaay

Srsly this? Or the other way around  :heh:

#13 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

chaos is still salvageable albeit probably unlikely since we will prob continue getting OCP items sadly. If they discontinue OCP and focus on more cosmetic means and consumables for kafra with more fixed updates from kro ( Highly Unlikely) then chaos server can be saved.

#14 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Currently in re:start you may play the waiting game till they implement content. May the player with most bots farming at the same time win.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

Forgot to sum it up

Chaos is a stagnant server because the server already has been cleared. We've already got the winners in every aspect of the game. This server is now for casual players who do not wish to claim god-like reputations or beastial titles.

Odin a new fresh server where people can now play it competitively to claim the reputations and titles. There are no winners in WoE yet while scrubs are ready to play dirty. If you watch some private server WoEs where all possible hacks are used, it's usually 2-2 WoE where cheats do matter more than 3rd class WoE. I kind of believe that 3rd class WoE makes Auto pot irrelevant lol. This is where you can unleash bots, cheats, exploits all over again.

You can see Chaos as a season 1 and Odin as a season 2.

#16 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Looking forward to see how long it takes for cheater to destroy Odin's woe.

#17 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

I have a real life...so in the worst case I can always delete the client and move on lol I used to play this with friends and they are all gone anyway (married, career change, etc life) My ingame stuff has no value to me. I can throw away my gtb, kiels, tao and gods before I leave, take note ;) But frankly, who wants to play on a server that everyone claims to be dead. And if this is really what gonna happen to chaos, then ok. You can play restart or w/e. But a friend of mine recently asked me if I was going to join this new server managed by the same people with roughly the same population who watched chaos dying, back to 2003 to start things again? No ty

give me some gears plss  :p_hi:

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

Probably the best time possible to start out on the Restart server. If you don't like it you probably won't like Chaos either. Meh.

#19 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

its more fun to play 3rd classes than 2nd classes.
:p_laugh:

#20 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Currently in re:start you may play the waiting game till they implement content. May the player with most bots farming at the same time win.

If Chaos got a LEVEL 175 then all playerz farming exp would

choose RESTART as a EXP-FARMING friendzone.

Whatever! U Choose believe and wait with (Open Arms JOURNEY) Ragnarok

is on top of the game!

Edited by Kirx, 19 July 2017 - 06:55 PM.

#21 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

I'm bouncing between Re:Start and Chaos atm, too invested in Chaos to give it up (playing since late 2003)

It's been fun so far though, no crazy prices and a LOT more actual players in the lower level areas.

Leveling in Chaos is a lot faster though, and if you're willing to spend actual money you can get decent gears relatively quickly selling KP/WPE/ Cash Shop items

#22 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Srsly this? Or the other way around :heh:

Nah, Chaos should come to us lmfao

*solemnly raising Thor's flag*

#23 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

Renewal got too boring for me. With the increased EXP tables on RE:Start, reaching 3rd job might feel more of an achievement than in Chaos.

#24 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

I'm bouncing between Re:Start and Chaos atm, too invested in Chaos to give it up (playing since late 2003)

It's been fun so far though, no crazy prices and a LOT more actual players in the lower level areas.

Leveling in Chaos is a lot faster though, and if you're willing to spend actual money you can get decent gears relatively quickly selling KP/WPE/ Cash Shop items

Aside from kRO and jRO, has there been any other official RO server that lasted just as long?

#25 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:03 AM

Nah, Chaos should come to us lmfao

*solemnly raising Thor's flag*

Does it matter who's going to who? In the *dreamlike* end, its gonna be Chaos-Thor or Thor-Chaos, one big happy family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users