Chaos or ReStart? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Chaos or ReStart?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

Lets not forget that Restart dont even have 2-2 classes yet, let alone 3rd classes. Will take like 4-5 years when they finally get EP 16.1, what we have right now, and 4-5 years is a very long time that you cant even be sure if you are still alive by then. I would continue to play Chaos unless they shut it down officially, its not worth waiting for Restart to get all the contents. With all being said, I do agree that Restart can be good for attracting newbie players and veterans still on Classic. It will replace Classic, but doubt it will replace Renewal. 

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 20 July 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Does it matter who's going to who? In the *dreamlike* end, its gonna be Chaos-Thor or Thor-Chaos, one big happy family!

Its like the issue of who is eating the first slice of pizza, insignificant yet important

#28 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:38 AM

Whatever you all decide, please at least decide to join us all for woe! Sorry if I sound like a PvP nut but I am. I am excited to re-live old woe times. It will actually be the second chance of a life time for me. Although, we will need each and every one that we can get to bring it to life like the good old day.

#29 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Its like the issue of who is eating the first slice of pizza, insignificant yet important

When you put it that way... You can have the pizza without pineapple and I take the one with pineapple.

Eventuall ReStart will catch up to Renewal. So ur paying for nostalgic sake only

#30 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

When you put it that way... You can have the pizza without pineapple and I take the one with pineapple.

Eventuall ReStart will catch up to Renewal. So ur paying for nostalgic sake only

Its like your telling me to play blitzball, which to this day i still cannot for the life of me, work it out.

#31 kamixxsama

kamixxsama

I am New.

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahah.....im like a born again chris**** with all my sins intact

''write it in stone'' i said re-start will become the main server.... this isn't the same pizza but an uncooked version noobs...

This isnt a nostalgic server.....This is a new improved server....infact its the only server with a future thanx to its Asian territory success in philli and china....

but pls stay in chaos...and go down with the ship  :p_devil:

Edited by kamixxsama, 20 July 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#32 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Wtf did you guys interpreted my pizza for!?

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

I don't think Chaos players cared much if Odin would become main. Most of us already quit Chaos even before Odin started lmfao

#34 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Chaos x Thor ship won't go down I swear to god we be goin' submarine which is rad af

#35 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

What's with the doomsaying?

As been stated many times, there are no plans of a merger and updates will be coming to renewal servers as planned.

Please be positive especially about RE:Start launch and look at it from a bigger picture. You are not playing Chaos, not Classic not Odin but iRO.

#36 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Its understandable, when a little baby was born, the big brothers/sisters can be easily concerned with their future in the family, like how much love and attention will be taken away from their parents. The OP raises a legitimate question though, 'cause the future of Chaos is a bit obscure at this moment with Restart getting all the attention, the lack of good morning thread for this week raises more concerns. Good parents know how to balance the love given to each child, maybe the younger and vulnerable child gets more attention/care, but its also necessary not to make the older/stronger child feels hes not wanted anymore. I think, at least a good morning thread on this forum wont hurt? It may be just small things, but people can get sensitive if you forget about them.

#37 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

The dictatorish act with silencing and shutting down 'important issues' threads are pretty concerning, of course it'd invite very pessimistic view on Chaos' future outlook.

It'd be nice to hear from the official on a full statement about the future of the server, some sort of transparency is warranted for long time and current players. This hasn't been the case for awhile. WP has not been as communicative or as responsive on many matters, rather just shut it down and throw it under the rug, while continue pushing out fast cash grabs for the whales on the server.

If you can't take care of Chaos well, that's pretty telling about the future of Restart as well.

Edit: Didn't realize a certain word is prohibited here. My apologies. :v

(just dropping by a 2 cent)

Edited by WarlockFier, 20 July 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#38 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

The dictatorish act with silencing and shutting down 'important issues' threads are pretty concerning, of course it'd invite very pessimistic view on Chaos' future outlook.

It'd be nice to hear from the official on a full statement about the future of the server, some sort of transparency is warranted for long time and current players. This hasn't been the case for awhile. WP has not been as communicative or as responsive on many matters, rather just shut it down and throw it under the rug, while continue pushing out fast cash grabs for the whales on the server.

If you can't take care of Chaos well, that's pretty telling about the future of Restart as well.

Edit: Didn't realize a certain word is prohibited here. My apologies. :v

(just dropping by a 2 cent)

If a thread found to not comply with the rules and regulations of forums it will be locked or removed to what seems appropriate.

I have linked this thread to the staff in hopes for a follow up or a comment, but since maintenance work is happening I'd say to be patient a bit.

#39 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Oh so that explains why every thread about WoE on Renewal is deleted when others derail it.

Meanwhile a thread about WoE on Restart gets properly cleaned when others derail it.

Makes sense. I guess the difference between the two is on Restart players are being positive and wanting WoE to be implemented, But on Chaos players are fed up with the management's neglect and incompetence. One is nice to hear, and the other is to close to reality and mean.

Edited by Toxn, 20 July 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Oh so that explains why every thread about WoE on Renewal is deleted when others derail it.

Meanwhile a thread about WoE on Restart gets properly cleaned when others derail it.

Makes sense. I guess the difference between the two is on Restart players are being positive and wanting WoE to be implemented, But on Chaos players are fed up with the management's neglect and incompetence. One is nice to hear, and the other is to close to reality and mean.

I will talk about the future of Chaos WoE after the maintenance we do have stuff in the works and I have shared it piece by piece as I got word. But we never put together a big discussion topic about it yet with the over all outline of whats happen.

To be very clear I have been spending the last year bugging the studio near constantly getting them to commit to certain changes and approaches that must happen to address the prevailing issues with WoE.

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

snip

just like i said

Edited by Ashuckel, 20 July 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#42 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

As been stated many times, there are no plans of a merger and updates will be coming to renewal servers as planned.

Please be positive especially about RE:Start launch and look at it from a bigger picture. You are not playing Chaos, not Classic not Odin but iRO.

I will talk about the future of Chaos WoE after the maintenance we do have stuff in the works and I have shared it piece by piece as I got word. But we never put together a big discussion topic about it yet with the over all outline of whats happen.

To be very clear I have been spending the last year bugging the studio near constantly getting them to commit to certain changes and approaches that must happen to address the prevailing issues with WoE.

With all due respect, what about Thor? Could you at least give us any idea on what iRO is going to do to Thor if a "merger" is not possible?

Chaos has 2k+ players although I'm sure most are bots but Thor never reach 1k players now a days highest I saw is 600+.

I'm asking this because I could not think of any other way to increase Thor's player base if a merger is not possible.

Edited by Usurper, 20 July 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#43 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

nop most are vending shops and afk people/chat 

#44 Dronin

Dronin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

As the OP, I'd like to chime in again after reading everyone's thoughts/opinions and thank everyone for sharing their ideas and concerns. I honestly didn't expect this thread to receive this much attention but I guess in hindsight it is justified. I'm definitely grateful for Camp and Cinni stopping by and sharing their time, and would also like to put out a request to all my friends not to overtly derail this thread while discussing these touchy issues, because they are so important, and I'd hate to see the thread locked. Everyone seems to have concerns, and as L.Ygg put it, I think we're just looking for a little transparency if possible. I understand working for/in a company sometimes requires that sensitive information not be divulged to the public for whatever reasons the company may have. And that's provided that our intermediaries (Camp, mods) EVEN HAVE that information. Maybe they honestly don't know yet. However, if you guys do know anything and you have the right to share it, anything to set our minds at ease would be a welcome gift. I would mostly just like the comfort of hearing something like "Sorry players Chaos is shutting down, BUT your character(s) CAN be transferred". Like I said earlier, I don't see anything highly detrimental coming to pass in the near near future, I'm just trying to get a little insight. If ReStart is anything more than what was stated (for nostalgia, a new start, etc etc) and is more of a test to see if it can be a legitimate fix to many of the problems our server was/is having, we'd like to know so we can climb aboard. It's hard to be confident in continuing to shell out money and continue playing with questions like these running through your head. I do love RO, and never want to quit permanently, but I just don't know if starting over would feel as good to me as some, whom I'm sure see it as a great thing, and to them it is, rightfully so. L.Ygg made a lot of good points I think, so I won't drone on, but please know this- I'm very grateful to you all, for your time and your passion. I think that's what it boils down to: we're all passionate about this game, and just need to hear again that this isn't an end to a means. (Oh, and please don't misunderstand me, I don't mean to doom-say, I just need a little reassurance when things seem shaky.)

Edited by Dronin, 20 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#45 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

OCP killed Chaos. Most of the items in here are even better than MVP/God items and Chaos became more private server like than private servers. People complain about OCP but they continue to buy OCP and with sales rising WarpPortal introduces more OCP boxes thus killing the server. Idiots still complaining about God/MVP when OCP items are more OP. 

#46 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

MVP and Gods in Cash shop please. I still wanna try TT in my spear but I don't want to buy it from greedy player. I want to support Warpportal <3

#47 Dronin

Dronin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

I don't really see OCP gears as being the core of the problem. It didn't kill woe as woe was already abandoned by most. I think it made pvm more fun and definitely got me playing. As long as it balances, by that I mean all classes have access to some kind of particular gear relevant to them, I don't see it being worse than MVP gear. WoE is for competition. If someone isn't strong enough to compete, then it is what it is. That's why I've never been apart of WoE, though I'd really like to, and I'm working at it. My biggest concern is the economy gap between nubs and vets, and secondly how ReStart will/is effecting us.

Edited by Dronin, 20 July 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#48 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

I don't really see OCP gears as being the core of the problem. It didn't kill woe as woe was already abandoned by most. I think it made pvm more fun and definitely got me playing. As long as it balances, by that I mean all classes have access to some kind of particular gear relevant to them, I don't see it being worse than MVP gear. WoE is for competition. If someone isn't strong enough to compete, then it is what it is. That's why I've never been apart of WoE, though I'd really like to, and I'm working at it. My biggest concern is the economy gap between nubs and vets, and secondly how ReStart will/is effecting us.

It was never the core problem of why WoE was dying but it definitely was the last straw. When you have to get new gears and the said new gears gets consistently replaced with something better almost monthly (i.e. Tengu and Mob Scarf) and you have items that make your class obsolete (Feather of Protection in TE, Imuke killing rangers) you kill the motivation for players who invested long period of time developing their characters. You also have items like Cylinder HB which is even better than Nightmare Biolab headgear. And all these said items are P2W items meaning you can never get them in game yourself, you MUST buy it from other players. Despite what most people on the forum thinks and just say without a brain. Many veterans aren't actually rich. We log on just for WoE and when there is a new piece of gear that we need, specifically for WoE, we will try to get that said piece of gear and get it WoE ready and only log on for WoE again (because most of us only play because our guild is still alive). Maybe a small percentage of veterans are actually REALLY rich. I have seen players that have lasted from Pre-Renewal all the way till now quit because the OCP boxes makes it more private server than private servers. 

#49 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

You pretty much nailed it there. I couldn't agree more to be honest. OCP didn't kill WoE. Quitters killed WoE. All new gears were introduced to our server and people got stronger. I could either quit WoE or I could try to evolve and improved my RG to be a more efficient killing machine. With all so-called OP gears from OCP and everyone got much stronger than my current RG, without using new OP gears, I actually managed to reach my final evolution. In fact my RG has been using the same gears since 2015. Unfortunately WoE completely died after I tried it for few times lol

The economy gap is not important now. WoE is dead. PvM? Most players can get gears from Cash shop which is good. Then they can enjoy and explore the game with their friends. If sellers can't sell things, they can reduce prices.

Currently, my friends and I are waiting for Nightmare Bio. We will run a party together to farm materials for the best headgears ever lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 July 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#50 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

tell that to the people who have to gather people for 5 days to get a bio4 party going that gets at least one set of counts done. Or the ones that sit in mid TI for 7 hours to get a party done. Opening another server was another nail in the coffin, but seeing how you guys handle the OCP thing i guess its just a marketing strategy, milk the damn thing as best as you can and let it rot.

it forces people to either invest a LOT of money (somtimes i know i know, but I used 200$ on OCP2 and I didnt get a single tengu item so I give no flying -_-s that other get 5 out of 10 boxes) or to panic sell all their -_- to they can get the items while the boxes are still in because we dont know if those items will ever return (autumn headband/witch pumkin head*cough) or they are at the mercy of veterans/botters/RMTers/hardcore cashshop seller who will dictate the price for the rest of the time this server is up, because they dont mind investing 10b on buying the market clean now. 

-_- great game concept. add pressure on top of RNG gamble -_-, sprincle in zero communication with the community and voilá, u killed off another 5-10% of the people who actually bother to play this game for more than logging on 10hours a week for MvP & WoE.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 20 July 2017 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users