Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

So a thought came into mind while discussing useless skills on a certain thread on this forum, what is Fatal Menace for?

Taken from irowiki:

Strike a target and all foes in a 3x3 area around the target and immediately warp all foes hit and caster to the same random location on the same map. This skill also penalizes HIT when being used.

You can use this skill with any weapon. And don't need arrows equipped if with a bow, but its range is still 1.

• Additional Info

- Damage Formula: {(Skill Level+1)*100*Base Level/100)}%

- Cast Time: Instant

- After-cast: Attack Speed Dependent

- Re-use delay: 0.5 sec

- Works in the same manner as Snatch

- Disabled in maps that doesn't allow Teleportation.

- Due to negative hit of lower levels, one tends to not hit/tele everything within AoE.

- Area of Effect is 3x3 of the Target.

Special Note: To ensure you gain experience from mobs killed before a teleport, make sure that you are in a party and that the experience is set to share.

Since this skill works similar to Snatch, I tried killing monsters using Snatch to see if I will gain the kill count for bounty boards as well as the experience, and I did.

This opened up a lot of Ideas and the possible use of Fatal Menace for a SC:

-  It is highly spammable

- You get EXP and kill count even if you teleport (confirmed since it works similar to Snatch)

-  Monsters do not have the chance to attack me (Almost invulnerable to damage)

-  AoE is 3x3 which means you can take more than a couple of monsters with you that'll definitely help with hp/sp leeching gears

- Has 600% attack damage at level 5(Taken from the in game skill description) which is relatively stronger than Bowling Bash.

Could this skill be the answer for SCs to be able to properly solo TIs? and also "snatch" away mobs from other TI parties and bring the kill count to his team instead and making him a valuable member of the party?

Edited by Usurper, 18 July 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#2 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Bowling bash is 500x2, so it's still stronger... HOWEVER, you can one-shot a lot of low level enemies with Fatal Menace if you stack some attack power and it saves you the hassle of needing to warp around. I think I remember a few people saying they got through the early levels with it... but if you plan to spend 5 skill points on it, you could just get reproduce and use IB/Arrow Storm/Fire Trap/SR/Lava Flow. 

Black Wing daggers are pretty cheap and they apparently buff the skill by 30% (though I imagine a good crimson dagger and/or a red twin is better still.) 

[item=13061]

Edited by mildcontempt, 18 July 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#3 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

Melee Chaser prolly stronger, or maybe strongest

i see this class have so many potentials

since you can copy Dark Claw from GX

not mention, we have mini edp called Max Power Thrust and even a Frenzy from the accessory

so far i only try using Gfist , it does work like a charm,

at early lv ( im so lazy to lv without exp event xD ) 104 i able to deal 1.4-1.6m damage

the annoying part is just to get Fury status from Flame Lord ring  :heh:

untitled_by_yudica-dbgtkqe.png

BB+DC would be awesome to i think, not mention 
IF we have Shadow Ring later. DC+Backstab gg

Edited by Silvianna, 19 July 2017 - 12:22 AM.

#4 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:39 AM

Bowling bash is 500x2, so it's still stronger... HOWEVER, you can one-shot a lot of low level enemies with Fatal Menace if you stack some attack power and it saves you the hassle of needing to warp around. I think I remember a few people saying they got through the early levels with it... but if you plan to spend 5 skill points on it, you could just get reproduce and use IB/Arrow Storm/Fire Trap/SR/Lava Flow.

Black Wing daggers are pretty cheap and they apparently buff the skill by 30% (though I imagine a good crimson dagger and/or a red twin is better still.)

[item=13061]

Yeah, well the thing with bowling bash is you'd have to be in the gutter lines for it to deal 1000% damage but still, it's one of the best aoe skill a chaser could have.

Im thinking of using fatal meance on TIs where face tanking mobs is not an option, when i tried Snatch, I was able to hit the target 3x before I could teleport, therefore automatically warping me around 2 more times w/out me hitting it again twice, the monster couldn't even do -_- :heh:

As for the weapon, yeah I thought about blackwing too and I agree with you that RTE or Crimson sword/dagger would be better.

Melee Chaser prolly stronger, or maybe strongest

i see this class have so many potentials
since you can copy Dark Claw from GX

not mention, we have mini edp called Max Power Thrust and even a Frenzy from the accessory
so far i only try using Gfist , it does work like a charm,

at early lv ( im so lazy to lv without exp event xD ) 104 i able to deal 1.4-1.6m damage
the annoying part is just to get Fury status from Flame Lord ring :heh:

untitled_by_yudica-dbgtkqe.png
BB+DC would be awesome to i think, not mention
IF we have Shadow Ring later. DC+Backstab gg

Dark claw would definitley bring chaser's up the PvM killing rank, I regularly complete the airship instance with DC + Backstab on the poor captain, my damage with out DC was about 4-5k and 10k+ with DC activated while equipped with crap gears.

As for DC + Gfist, yeah its a killer combo. If you have a lot of sp pots, maybe you can try using invisibilty while waiting for fury to activate.

And I do hope shadow ring gets introduced here so that we can start killing MvP's.

Edited by Usurper, 19 July 2017 - 03:41 AM.

#5 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

Snatch is spammier than Fatal Menace though, as it has a 0.5 second cooldown -- so you'll get two off in a second at most. Maybe enough to get two prior to teleporting but I'm not sure. 

It's a novel build, and hell only 5 skill points. If you're not a WoE/PVP chaser then you'll have spare points, but I think it would be far more effective to use something else. Just my 0.02. 

I'm hoping for the Shadow Ring too, as it also buffs triangle shot quite a bit (and makes emergency escape better.) 

#6 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

Oh so it does differ a bit with Snatch, I'll still test it as I'm currently leveling an SC and see how it goes.

What does the Shadow Ring do for Escape? I read it on the description but couldn't figure out what it does, does it reduce cool down or something?

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

No, it just makes the skill more useful, as upon using it it buffs your triangle shot damage by quite a bit (scales with base level, I believe up to 116% extra damage). Basically turns it into a mini spammable Aimed Bolt (and if you have the real one, you can use that too as TS shouldn't consume the snare). I just don't use E. Escape at all now. 

Specifically, this segment (at the bottom):

[Escape] When using, 20 seconds
Additionally every time BaseLv 3 rises
[Triangle shot]
Damage given + 1%

I have interpreted that to mean "urgent escape" but I may be incorrect there. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 19 July 2017 - 06:43 AM.

#8 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

God damn, iRO should definitely bring that item here.

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

It's one of the jRO items that I think is very good and helps a class regain some semblance of functionality without going overboard (like the dragon hat or cylinder do). 

There's a lot of neat items like that in the OCPs, yet the few monstrosities that we get really overshadow them to the point that gear that would be worth 1b+ on its own suddenly is only 20m (though the availability of it also plays a role, ofc.)

Also, since you can use it from level 20 on, it's actually quite nice for thief/rogue/stalker leveling too since it buffs auto-attack and skill spam builds. 

Too bad it doesn't buff Sightless Mind's damage as well. 500% currently isn't bad, but it sure could be better given you have to first cast hide to use it. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 19 July 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#10 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

The other reason I want Shadow Ring is that Urgent Escape+TS buff XD. It's as you say mild, this item make a class regain it's functionality without going overboard. Like Magical Ring. I will be happy if OCP contain is gears that needed to buff some alternative play style, not the cookie cutter.

That's very nice idea comboing Dark Claw and Backstab. Actually I don't understand how Backstab works in Renewal. iRO wiki stated there's some fixes that makes the skill can't be spammed, as it can only performed on enemy's backside and using the skill makes enemy face caster. Is that true?

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

It is, but you can position yourself such that the game thinks you're "always behind it" with backslide (not sure if flying kik still does it.) 

#12 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

That's very nice idea comboing Dark Claw and Backstab. Actually I don't understand how Backstab works in Renewal. iRO wiki stated there's some fixes that makes the skill can't be spammed, as it can only performed on enemy's backside and using the skill makes enemy face caster. Is that true?

There ar just 2 things you need to accomplish in order to able to spam Backstab like a madman:

1.) Make the target move at least 1 cell diagonally

- I noticed the game is not able to recognize which is the "back side" after the target moves diagonally

2.) Be in the same cell as the target

- This is easier to pull off if you have Flying Kick copied.
- The other method does not require Fkik but harder to execute if you're still not used to it. As usual you need the target to move diagonally, once it does, you need to "cross paths" with it and while doing so there is a slight opening that you need to observe to be able to be in the "same cell" as the target allowing you to spam Backstab.

I do this daily with my STR SC.I wanted to make a video but my PC is crap.

To help you guys understand the concept in #2, here is the video that helped me figure out how to spam Back Stab:

Credits to the owner whoever/wherever you are

Another video showing the concept of "Spiral Backstab" this is in jRO, just look at the BS damage with the Shadow Ring:

Edited by Usurper, 19 July 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#13 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

id rather use HE proc'd feint bomb

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

whynotboth.gif

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Silvana knows I have been doing Fatal Menace leveling since i showed her. It is possible but is a very strange and esoteric build that I am still trying to tweak properly.

#16 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Silvana knows I have been doing Fatal Menace leveling since i showed her. It is possible but is a very strange and esoteric build that I am still trying to tweak properly.

of course i know, marty-kun,

cause we are in same guild  :heh:  :heh:  :p_hi:

#17 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

pre-nerf backstab use to spin the target so it was facing away from you, so as long as you had sp pots you just spammed it till whatever you were stabbing dropped, divest+back stab spam used to be hella scary in Woe

#18 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

I see, where do you use it? TI probably?

How much damage can you do with it? Around 5k per hit maybe?

#19 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

I see, where do you use it? TI probably?

How much damage can you do with it? Around 5k per hit maybe?

This depends greatly on your own gearing and capabilities.

I use mine at Nogg Road.

I can clear a good 13k using a +14 Black Wing uncarded with Water enchant, as using the Shield Spell lvl 1 ATK Buff. Mine is built to perfect flee the targets so I can consider this as doing low damage.

#20 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Wow, didn't expect it to reach that high in damage. I'll try to over upgrade a blackwing since it's cheap. With the help of maximum power thrust we can increase its damage by a bit more and just card the dagger with a golem card.

Thanks for your input Pervysage!

I finally got level 1 of it and tried it in scaraba hall, doesn't do much damage yet but the ability to spam it to the point where monsters don't hit me is there.

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Its really good. Just ensure that you have over 170 ASPD so then you can get EXP.

This is because the skill does two things, deal damage and teleport.

If ASPD is 170 or higher, damage will be dealt before teleporting occurs.

If ASPD is lower than 170 most times damage will be dealth after teleport occurs and therefore no exp is given.

You find that there is a very little dependance on using fwings since you have the teleporting happening. But be aware that people might get slaughtered from your tele'ed mobs as same rules apply when tele'ing (you get 2 second invincibility).

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

Nice observation on ASPD part marty. You deserve a virtual bro-hug

#23 Silvianna

Silvianna