Coming Back to RO after years... WTF is Renewal? - Merchant Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Coming Back to RO after years... WTF is Renewal?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hywelbane

Hywelbane

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

So... I stopped playing Ragnarok right before they released 3rd Classes and so I missed a lot of content and this renewal changes....

But nostalgia hit hard and I’m back again ^^. I liked the progression idea of the server and want to play mainly a Blacksmith (Future Mastersmith ;P). Not wanting to get rekt I made some research and if I got if right STR is not that important anymore, Flee Rate for Merchant Class is really low and not worth investing much AGI and Low Rank Weapons with High Refine and more Slots will deal significant less damage than before (Even carded) right?

If this is all correct, and being my goal for now PvE/MvP (90%) with some ocasional PvP (10%) from time to time, I thought about the following build (Gear/Stats):

Upper Head: +4 Ramen Hat

Middle/Lower Head: Welding Mask

Armor: +4 Chain Mail[1] (Pecopeco Card) 

Right Hand: +5 Sword Mace (Elemental)

Left Hand: +4 Buckler[1] (-30% Racial DM Card)

Garment: +4 Muffler (Raydric/Whisper/Baphomet Jr. Cards - Your Choice)

Footgear: +4 Boots[1] (Matyr Card)

Accessory: Merchant Figure

STR: 80

AGI: 60

VIT: 80

INT: 06

DEX: 60

LUK: 48

HP: 11776

SP: 429

ASPD: 182

CRIT: 22

What do you guys think?

#2 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Snake Head hat is currently in the game for a pretty low price. I would def use that to beef your autos up.

Your build is similar to what im going for. Blacksmith.

#3 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Chage that Chain Mail for a Lord Clothes if you can, we have Renewal Mechanics, if you are going to kill MvPs that 5 MDEF is something, and that armor have i think 4 or 5 more DEF and is less weight than the Chain Mail also the same price in the market (last time i see was 425k~700k)  xD.

Rammen Hat is good choice, but slot are something important too, so think about the Snake hat (right now is cheap and if you are rich you can try to make a +9 to put a carat card)

#4 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

less str, more agi

pantie + undershirt for monsters that don't do any elemental damage

snake hat

#5 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Rammen Hat is good choice, but slot are something important too, so think about the Snake hat (right now is cheap and if you are rich you can try to make a +9 to put a carat card)

lol what? ramen hat is terrible compared to snake hat for lvling a smith - even without the slot it has

& why would anyone make a +9 snake hat for a carat card? +4 with deviruchi or nightmare is better for him

#6 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

lol what? ramen hat is terrible compared to snake hat for lvling a smith - even without the slot it has

& why would anyone make a +9 snake hat for a carat card? +4 with deviruchi or nightmare is better for him

Because not everyone will go at your Undershirt+Pantie, is not classic, is renewal, of course if he trying to leveling with auto-attack and he dont have any problem to go lv 99 and play WoE with that build then yeah you right Deviruchi is better for him, Cart revolution is more fast and less problems, thats why Snake Hat with Carat Card, Blacksmiths already have the power of gain a lot of ASPD without so much agi, so he will have the chance at more areas to leveling 1 v 1 or big mob.

Flee is trash in renewal at high levels vs mobs, VIT is important, you cant survive at any elemental attack or magic if you are going with low VIT

#7 Hywelbane

Hywelbane

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

@Amongluttony

I thought Snake Head Hat would conflict with Crit Attacks since you either double attack or crit...  Also I thought Lord's Clothes would be something realy rare and/or expensive so I didn't really consider using... If i change the Head Gear, should I change at least on of my Accesories to a Ring[1] and Put a Tarou Card with the Cramp Card for the bonus STR? 

My leveling plan is Auto Attack earlier and CR Spam later or keep Auto Attacking if on a party with a Priest (Bless, Agi and Gloria *0*)

On another note, other players in game said to go Two-Handed Axe instead of Swordmace saying that the shield wont help leveling unless i have the right card for the mob I'm hunting... What is your opinion on that?

@senpa1

As i said, Flee Rate and Perfect Dodge is not a thing on BS anymore right (It never really was....) So 60 AGI will do for ASPD and CR Spam

#8 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

ok, don't take advice from the strongest BS on the server  :rice:

#9 Trimalchio

Trimalchio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

for pvm and leveling, definitely use pantie + undershirt and snake hat, trust us. you dont need 80 str as str doesn't help damage as much as atk and more agi will be better. i personally use 70 but others go as low as 60. damage is still really good with proper axe, buffs and snake hat + merchant figures.

#10 Hywelbane

Hywelbane

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

@senpa1 / Trimalchio

Keeping in mind I'll be mainly a SOLO player, so little to no Buffs outside my own skins.

Following your reasoning:

Upper Head: +4 Snake Head Hat (Nightmare Card)

Middle/Lower Head: Welding Mask

Armor: +4 Undershirt

Right/Left Hand: +5 Two-Handed Axe (Elementals)

Garment: +4 Pantie

Footgear: +4 Boots[1] (Matyr Card)

STR: 70

AGI: 83

VIT: 79

INT: 06

DEX: 60

LUK: 35

HP: 9823

SP: 426

ASPD: 185.06

CRIT: 17

Trading -2000 HP and -5 CRIT for +3 ASPD and +71 Flee.

Also I'll have access to Double Attack so it should be an increase in general DPS... Using 2H-Axe won't make me suffer a lot more damage because the loss of the shield?Or I'll be killing faster and so taking less damage while also dodging more... Is that the full trade off?

Edited by Hywelbane, 20 July 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#11 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

@Amongluttony

I thought Snake Head Hat would conflict with Crit Attacks since you either double attack or crit...  Also I thought Lord's Clothes would be something realy rare and/or expensive so I didn't really consider using... If i change the Head Gear, should I change at least on of my Accesories to a Ring[1] and Put a Tarou Card with the Cramp Card for the bonus STR? 

My leveling plan is Auto Attack earlier and CR Spam later or keep Auto Attacking if on a party with a Priest (Bless, Agi and Gloria *0*)

On another note, other players in game said to go Two-Handed Axe instead of Swordmace saying that the shield wont help leveling unless i have the right card for the mob I'm hunting... What is your opinion on that?

@senpa1

As i said, Flee Rate and Perfect Dodge is not a thing on BS anymore right (It never really was....) So 60 AGI will do for ASPD and CR Spam

1.- Yeah that is the problem with Snake Hat in your build,but can help you at early levels, later you can change the snake hat for another decent hat since you already decide going solo with criti build. Now a Priest in your leveling party will be nice

2.- Shield depends in your way to leveling, if you are going solo vs mob is better swordmace with any racial shield, but if you are doing 1 v 1 (example killing anubis) is best get the Two-Handed Axe, since you will doing a better damage and you can avoid their melee attacks and his elemental can easy avoid using a Bathory card.

3.- ASPD is still important you can spamm skill a little better.

I dont think the build with Undershirt and Pantie will be bad, in fact is the best at low levels but the problem will be later.

@Sepai1: If you are the best and strongest BS in the game will be great to explain why your build is the best to 99, supplies, time, places to leveling, or maybe a video leveling (oh and please renewal video, since this is not a pre-renewal server).

#12 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

just giving simple advice to help someone out

#13 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

So For me I'm at level 61 and wanting to go toward a cart revolution AOE style build with high strength and vit. So I'm assuming I can skip right over snake hat and just move on grabbing two hand axes and other items right? 

#14 kicknban

kicknban

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Sorry for intruding, but I'd like also to get some help with my build too.

In terms of a Blacksmith's final build at 99/50, which is better? Both builds are not equipment dependent in terms of additional stat increases.

VERSION 1

STR: 79 + 11 (JOB / UPROAR / HILT BINDING)

AGI: 88 + 2 (JOB)

VIT: 44 + 6 (JOB)

INT: 1 + 2 (JOB)

DEX: 48 + 12 (JOB)

LUK: 1 + 2 (JOB)

VERSION 2

STR: 89 + 11 (JOB / UPROAR / HILT BINDING)

AGI: 78 + 2 (JOB)

VIT: 44 + 6 (JOB)

VERSION 3

STR: 89 + 11 (JOB / UPROAR / HILT BINDING)

AGI: 71 + 2 (JOB)

VIT: 54 + 6 (JOB)

ALSO, Does Hilt Binding really give a +1 STR bonus like what is does in http://calc.irowiki.org/ ?

Edited by kicknban, 25 July 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#15 Oroch1

Oroch1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

all of those builds are heavy-str, which is not strictly needed in renewal

more vit pls, it hurts

#16 8084130503220115063

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

What's the general upper limit of vit you would want then? no more than 60 or 70? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users