The Future of Chaos and Thor - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Future of Chaos and Thor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

POPULAR

Recently with the launch of Ragnarok RESTART there has been concerns within the RO community in regards to the future of Chaos and Thor. We want to address these concerns by talking about whats in store for the servers in the coming months and to talk about the major concerns the community has regarding certain aspects of the game.

Content Updates Tentative Schedule:

• August (Has entered kRO side Testing)
    • Nightmare Biolabs (Bed of Honor)
    • Horror Toy Factory Card Drops
  • October
    • Rebel Awakening
  • December
    • Weekend Dungeons Update
    • Enhanced Marriage system with Same Gender/Doram + Human Marriage system

Game System Updates Pending List:

• Trans Candy Skill Cool Down Fix 
  • Anti Cheat System 
  • VIP Lounge Area
  • Game Side Account VIP
  • Item Cool Down Millisecond System (Currently in review for development)

iRO's WoE Revitalization

We know that WoE is one of the hottest topics for our veteran community and we are working to address WoE with the issues brought up when we were doing WoE revitalization threads last year. Please understand that were not trying to affect game balance at this time but make it so that the game balance reflects reality in all WoE engagements.

If you look at the game system updates list above were trying to address the issues that caused a few bad players to cause an out sized disruption to the WoE ecosystem. We were never okay with only pursuing a punishment scheme for abusers of these issues but working to actively get resolution. Once most of these changes are in place we are then going to work to address the loot issues currently plaguing WoE in terms of the treasure box rewards. Including returning the god item pieces to their individual castles, and examining what we can do for the other treasure spots from those boxes

In terms of future updates kRO is working on a plan to bring more competition to WoE and we are eagerly waiting to hear what they will do.

iRO's Adventure Help

• Coming soon, I ran out of time while typing on my lunch break so will most likely have to finish detailing our plans and thoughts later. Back to the maintenance labor with me.

#2 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Very nice, thanks for killing some of our doubts. Keep the work up! Good luck!

#3 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

ugh, I wish my work schedule didn't interfere with WoE, (and I had any character over 120 <.< ) still having a blast in TE at least

#4 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Camp,  I really appreciate this post and your effort to write this. More power to you and WP/iRO.

Edited by Usurper, 20 July 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#5 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

What about the state of Thor with it's population continuously dwindling down? Also what about the broken gears(headgears mostly) that you yourself said that you were going to fix?

Edit for additional question: When you mean the updates has entered the kRO side testing, does that mean it's being tested to be launched on their servers or ours? Sorry it was a bit confusing

Edited by kappakeepokupo, 20 July 2017 - 12:29 PM.

#6 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

What about the state of Thor with it's population continuously dwindling down? Also what about the broken gears(headgears mostly) that you yourself said that you were going to fix?

Edit for additional question: When you mean the updates has entered the kRO side testing, does that mean it's being tested to be launched on their servers or ours? Sorry it was a bit confusing

Pardon for double posting but,

kRO does testing on their end before they give it to WarpPortal, where they'll do testing as well. kRO already has those updates (I believe)

My guess is it's really just a matter of isolating the code for each thing and making sure it doesn't break.

tl;dr

Launch on our servers

#7 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

move the anti-cheat system from "Game System Updates Pending List:" to "Content Updates Tentative Schedule:" then we will have no concerns at all!

#8 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Very cool,at least you guys are trying to do something but i don't have any faith with woe anymore,i just hope the best 

Anyways,can you confirm the content of rebel awakening? Since we all know gravity,i'm afraid they don't send everything D:

With the Rebel awakening update,we should receive the following :

Rebel Balance Patch(well,that's obvious)

'''New'''' Temporal Boots for Kagerou/Oboro and Rebellion

175/60 for Kagerou/Oboro and Rebellion

New Weapons for Rebel 

Possibility to enchant new Rebel weapons.

#9 Kbzn

Kbzn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

I still have the hope that they close or the players of Restart return to Iro comes to depremir to see Iro with 1000 players and to see Restart with 5000 players, fence that harms the arrival of Restart, I see a little useless starting again from 0 although equal it Iro game is currently dead, you have to accept it.

#10 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

iRO's WoE Revitalization

We know that WoE is one of the hottest topics for our veteran community and we are working to address WoE with the issues brought up when we were doing WoE revitalization threads last year. Please understand that were not trying to affect game balance at this time but make it so that the game balance reflects reality in all WoE engagements.

If you look at the game system updates list above were trying to address the issues that caused a few bad players to cause an out sized disruption to the WoE ecosystem. We were never okay with only pursuing a punishment scheme for abusers of these issues but working to actively get resolution. Once most of these changes are in place we are then going to work to address the loot issues currently plaguing WoE in terms of the treasure box rewards. Including returning the god item pieces to their individual castles, and examining what we can do for the other treasure spots from those boxes

In terms of future updates kRO is working on a plan to bring more competition to WoE and we are eagerly waiting to hear what they will do.

https://forums.warpp...t-state-of-woe/

This isn't even the first thread for WoE issues on Renewal, but regardless, this thread was 3 years ago. Every single one of these issues is still completely relevant to this day.

Oh, except for guild sizes and alliances. Because you know, there is nobody left on the server.

The "Soon" excuse doesn't really hold any ground anymore when there hasn't been any action taken for years. It's nice that there are ideas being thrown around for improvements, but seriously, something actually needs to be implemented.

Edited by Toxn, 20 July 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#11 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Nightmare biolab

Cant wait for dem hats (Old Wispers of Wind :p_idea: ) + cards (true celia in rod [4] :heh: ) + elvira :rice:

#12 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Please tell me the Anti-Cheat system isn't NP Shield. 

#13 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Nightmare OGH? It was supposed to be this year?

Edit: Infinite Space instance disappeared from schedule too, **** kRO.

Edited by meli, 20 July 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#14 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

Its amazing the work you are going to do. Complais will be with every change, its normal in all the updates and changes. About this:

• Anti Cheat System 
  • VIP Lounge Area
  • Game Side Account VIP

Hope Trans Candy, and any disguise wont be use on WoE.

Anti-Cheat System must come with personal full time to check it working, always. Personal checking WoEs, the same can being hunting bots permanently, and Bots will be a thing always, but you can minimize the impact of those with only 1 person doing rounds all over the maps a few hours a day.

Vip Lounge Area, are you looking to separate VIP users from the rest of the players? please do something integral, non racist (im VIP btw).

Everything else seems ok.

And on WoE project, well you have a lot of work here. you must come in hiding mode to see the actual scenario of WoEs to see whats going on, dont rely only on post from ppl suggesting or being against something to get a plus from that (nerf this, do that, oh pls cooldown to dragonbreath, stasis only a side of a wall.) Those things wont work, really. but this is not the tread to discuss about WoE, it takes long time to discuss.

Best wishes on this project! iRO/CMs/GMs/All the staff, do this place a better place.

Edited by S207, 20 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#15 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Appreciate this response than a 'sweep it under the rug' trigger again. Thank you for not doing that. I think that needs to stop, there maybe some players that derail the topic, but there are also a lot of valid concerns that get expressed and should not be thrown out to the bin together. It's extremely lazy and really bad way to moderate, you can filter them accordingly and respond to concerns with care, which was how it used to be. That seems to have gone away.

The delay on 3 years on WoE fixes.. I don't think there's any excuse at all. It's really critical when anyone, (any company/ production/ publishers etc) misses a deadline, sometimes it can happen, but 3 years? And all the locking on WoE related topics? That all just doesn't look good at all for current or future aspiring WoE players.

There are more than just castle loots that plagues it's current scene, that's a whole other rabbit hole to go down into which I will avoid for now. Lack of money cannot be the only reason why updates, balance patch and all aren't coming when you are already constantly pushing out money grabbing boxes and $$$ refinement events for the player base that are the whales, and have the funds to start a new server instead. You are ignoring 'moderately willing to pay players'/ f2p players and thus why your renewal servers are hurting.

Anyhow, I'm just a retired player, so take or leave my input. I do work in the game industry enough to see where and why WP is failing compared to a lot of other game companies and just am doing case studies. :v

#16 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Idk if the randomization of god pieces really matters much anymore, think there are other ways to change it instead. Still fighting over econ castles simply because of the econ on them. Strategy instead is based on choke points/flag-in points of castles. Does need something to make it so we can maybe trade a # of god piece boxes = specific god piece or something though. And rates are so abysmal.

That and WoE is just so excruciatingly dead at this point that idk how to fix the lack of players, it's not only about keeping what is left anymore but actually bringing in more, WoE was lack-luster but still "alive" 3 years ago, now it's been flat out dead for a while.

Also, staff has never pursued a "ban only" punishment, since they didn't do that either. Same people have been there for years, some of the very few that did get banned at times were also un-banned.

#17 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Will the VIP lounge include NPCs that can warp to all instances? That would be so dang convenient...

#18 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Recently with the launch of Ragnarok RESTART there has been concerns within the RO community in regards to the future of Chaos and Thor. We want to address these concerns by talking about whats in store for the servers in the coming months and to talk about the major concerns the community has regarding certain aspects of the game.

• October
    • Rebel Awakening
  • December
    • Enhanced Marriage system with Same Gender/Doram + Human Marriage system

• Anti Cheat System 
  • VIP Lounge Area
  • Game Side Account VIP

iRO's WoE Revitalization

iRO's Adventure Help

• Coming soon, I ran out of time while typing on my lunch break so will most likely have to finish detailing our plans and thoughts later. Back to the maintenance labor with me.

Congratulation for the work.  :heh:  :rice:  :rice:  :heh:

#19 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

• December

• Anti Cheat System 
  • VIP Lounge Area
  • Game Side Account VIP

the long anticipated bio5!! cant wait /gg
and good looks too on NTF card drops, finally. this is nice.

camp, is it too soon to ask, can you clarify on what weekend dungeons is? also what the anti cheat system implies? as well as maybe some hints at the 2 vip related updates?

#20 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Make anti cheat system to the first priority updates please. And can you clarify if anti cheat system will completely remove ragial too?

#21 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Can doram marry a doram then make doram family?

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

What about nightmare OGH? Is it coming the end of this year?

#23 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

ㅑㄴ 16.2 on the schedule?

#24 Snorlaxboy

Snorlaxboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMt. Mjolnir summit viewpoint
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

The server population seems more or less the same to me as it was before Re:Start...

request: Please post more kitty pics, Camp :)

#25 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

The server population seems more or less the same to me as it was before Re:Start...

request: Please post more kitty pics, Camp :)

Renewal is better than pre renewal because of new updates  :p_laugh: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users