The Future of Chaos and Thor - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Future of Chaos and Thor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#26 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Campitor, here is MY concern; you forgot where you came from.

Without Renewal and the people who kept it going to support it, you were able to have a better understanding of the game. Without Renewal, you wouldn't have seen an explosive growth from the OCP boxes released to kept the game being funded. Without Renewal, you wouldn't have a person dedicated to making ragial bot for RE:Start to use. Without Renewal, you were able to see the effects of what patches can do to completely change a game would be played.

So now we're at this part where your focus is on RE:Start. It's obvious, and I don't blame you for it. I know your attention is on making sure that the game is running effectively and you are in charge of their whole new silvervine system.

But don't forget where you came from. We've always been supporting you to help you make the most effective decisions to keep the games running. I've been around long enough to understand when a GM starts to care less and less about their players, but I don't believe that's true. I personally think you are overwhelmed with the amount of work currently with running 2 servers.

My suggestion, reduce your workload on Ragnarok Renewal. You don't need to make a big promise that the majority of us already know won't be met. That's already been figured out by the players and your best course of action is to deal with 1 thing at a time. Figure out your plan for RE:Start, make sure it's sustainable, continue your path for 1 month releases, and them come back to Renewal once kRO brings over content for you to publish. Let the players work it out here in the mean time.

I hope you read this message and I wish you the best and good luck. It's not always easy when there are constant voices nagging at you to pay attention to them.

Edited by Demeris, 20 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#27 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

the long anticipated bio5!! cant wait /gg
and good looks too on NTF card drops, finally. this is nice.

camp, is it too soon to ask, can you clarify on what weekend dungeons is? also what the anti cheat system implies? as well as maybe some hints at the 2 vip related updates?

IIRC kRO has Friday dungeon update that allow you to enter special instance to fight Dead Monarch every Friday. The dungeon is inspired by jRO special dungeon, though kRO change the difficulty and drop items, especially Dead Monarch Card. (on jRO, it's dungeon where you can get that katar with built-in Thanatos effect)

Stuffs

Can't agree more. Let Magus gradually take over your works on Renewal

Edited by wadoichimonji, 20 July 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#28 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

Also what about the broken gears(headgears mostly) that you yourself said that you were going to fix?

Hoping that this question wouldn't be ignored :v

#29 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

Nice updates, really excited for it to come. But I also do hope this could bring in more new players too. 

#30 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:19 AM

Few months ago...I ask this question....

The real question is if we can adopt a child munchking

(so that i can have my own cats like this xD)

tumblr_oji231LeyA1uxybkho5_500.gif

PS: I've been in a pool of catgirls these recent days xD

So...

Can we adopt cute munchkins and turn into smaller cute munchkins?

(PS: super interested, i wanna married my female doram and have a little doram  :heh:)

#31 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

IIRC kRO has Friday dungeon update that allow you to enter special instance to fight Dead Monarch every Friday. The dungeon is inspired by jRO special dungeon, though kRO change the difficulty and drop items, especially Dead Monarch Card. (on jRO, it's dungeon where you can get that katar with built-in Thanatos effect)

ahhh ty for the insight wadoichi, much appreciated.

i wonder how that will play out... more broken OP items in an already broken game? :hmm:

#32 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Thanks Camp! :p_love:

#33 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Recently with the launch of Ragnarok RESTART there has been concerns within the RO community in regards to the future of Chaos and Thor. We want to address these concerns by talking about whats in store for the servers in the coming months and to talk about the major concerns the community has regarding certain aspects of the game.

Content Updates Tentative Schedule:

• August (Has entered kRO side Testing)
    • Nightmare Biolabs (Bed of Honor)
    • Horror Toy Factory Card Drops
  • October
    • Rebel Awakening
  • December
    • Weekend Dungeons Update
    • Enhanced Marriage system with Same Gender/Doram + Human Marriage system

Game System Updates Pending List:

• Trans Candy Skill Cool Down Fix 
  • Anti Cheat System 
  • VIP Lounge Area
  • Game Side Account VIP
  • Item Cool Down Millisecond System (Currently in review for development)

iRO's WoE Revitalization

We know that WoE is one of the hottest topics for our veteran community and we are working to address WoE with the issues brought up when we were doing WoE revitalization threads last year. Please understand that were not trying to affect game balance at this time but make it so that the game balance reflects reality in all WoE engagements.

If you look at the game system updates list above were trying to address the issues that caused a few bad players to cause an out sized disruption to the WoE ecosystem. We were never okay with only pursuing a punishment scheme for abusers of these issues but working to actively get resolution. Once most of these changes are in place we are then going to work to address the loot issues currently plaguing WoE in terms of the treasure box rewards. Including returning the god item pieces to their individual castles, and examining what we can do for the other treasure spots from those boxes

In terms of future updates kRO is working on a plan to bring more competition to WoE and we are eagerly waiting to hear what they will do.

iRO's Adventure Help

• Coming soon, I ran out of time while typing on my lunch break so will most likely have to finish detailing our plans and thoughts later. Back to the maintenance labor with me.

Nice updates! Anti cheat system is badly needed for the two servers, many players used wpe,rpe and autoclicker. How can a shadow chaser use masquerade skills when you're in the same cell after using the skill flying kick, I think it's very hard to look for the in game name of the character. 

My opinion in WOE,what if you nerf Doram in woe? A lvl 100 doram that can kill a lvl 175 character using only picky peck? Players quit in woe and pvp because of Doram. Doram is imbalance I think it must be nerf. That's only my opinion.

#34 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

My question is ignored  :p_sad:

#35 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

solo leveling alternative to NCT. scheduled feb 2024

concept: nightmare orc dungeon

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 23 July 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#36 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

solo leveling alternative to NCT. scheduled feb 2024

concept: nightmare orc dungeon

https://forums.warpp...-turtle-island/

#37 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

Nice work camp, looking forward to that awakening update for other class and also that lvl 185 update. *If possible please move this update upfront compare to all other upate* >.<

#38 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:40 AM

Ive seen nightmare byalan in some kRO (i think, asian at least) stream as well...im at a point where id even take it to not go NCT again, but its still such a fking cheap strategy to just copy paste old dungeons, and to do it so -_- often lol.

#39 RecaIIer

RecaIIer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1227 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

Doram should be Demi-Human

#40 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

It would be really nice to have Nightmare OGH before Bed of Honor...Who doesn't want White Knightage cards u.u since we are not getting penetration sets

#41 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

Doram should be Demi-Human

Why

#42 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Well.... it makes more sense than it being Brute. I mean, Kobolds, Orcs, and Goblins are demi-human :v

#43 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

sorry but woe is dead already, you're about 3 years behind in trying to revitalize it.

#44 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

You're naive if you think fixing trans candy is going to solve the NDL problem.

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

NDL or not. Fix WoE or not. In the end, it is all futile. Justice always wins in the end :^)

#46 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

The discussion had so far about WoE has been how to keep the population stable and not have it die. Now that it actually is dead, all the old discussion is more or less irrelevant. The focus now should be on how to draw more players into it, how to make it an attractive option for new players. Most veterans have moved on from this game already. Those who play it now do so for pvm. 

It definitely is too late for revitalization, as many have said already. WoE as of now is literally dead. At most 40 people playing now. A bit of closing advice, if ever you do discuss WoE with the studio, keep the focus on how to bring in more players. There is no point in balancing or bringing in changes for something that only 40 people participate in.

#47 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

So WP thinks Zoophilia and Gay Marriage are more important than the New Class Sprites :ani_bzz:  :ani_ag:  :an:

#48 Gamblerwolf

Gamblerwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

Any thoughts on the current Market and the rants that have been made? @Camp.

#49 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

So WP thinks Zoophilia and Gay Marriage are more important than the New Class Sprites :ani_bzz:  :ani_ag:  :an:

Actual in-game tangible benefits v.s. aesthetic.

/hmm

#50 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Actual in-game tangible benefits v.s. aesthetic.

/hmm

Aesthetic wins, cause costumes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users