Frigg Server and the Reasons Why - Page 15 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Frigg Server and the Reasons Why

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
352 replies to this topic

#351 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

It does have drawbacks though
Campitor is already spread thin and when the constant downtime, etc. happens on the new server, what's going to happen then?
If they hire new staff, they could easily hire outsourced or minimum wage workers to active ban bots since they say this is the main problem.

This server does nothing in the end but cause more problems than good.

As I already said multiple times here and on Discords. They can't just hire more staff like that if it's unplanned.

Remember that all the money they're making now isn't WARP PORTAL money, it's GRAVITY's money, they don't own anything, they're just a Gravity leg in the US not an independent company. If they need to spend unplanned money they gotta ask to the koreans, explain why this investment will bring them more money and even though, that might take a while considering WP is REALLY small so their priority might not be that high compared to bigger servers.

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 July 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#352 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

There are a few gms constantly running around. Its a very target rich environment. We are addressing the third party program problem with everything we have available.

Target enriched environment indeed! And oddly enough, when Oda alone did "airstrikes" on the Renewal server, everyone could feel the difference for at least a couple weeks depending on where the airstrike took place. So... Where are the GMs targeting? Obviously, it isn't in Payon, or Prontera, nor Morroc. Hell, I don't even see any progress even here:

screenOdin003.jpg

It's a mad house in the training ground! If y'all ban just HALF of these bots, it would do a world of good for the current issues.

Here's my 2 cents. The only way I can see Frigg even being close to a good idea is to close registration to the Odin server, do a mass ban on Odin (one good way is to open Odin unannounced after a maintenance for 10 seconds, then shut it down again, then ban every account that logged in at that time) and after we get the anti-bot program your talking about, "filter" legit players into Odin server.

#353 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Target enriched environment indeed! And oddly enough, when Oda alone did "airstrikes" on the Renewal server, everyone could feel the difference for at least a couple weeks depending on where the airstrike took place. So... Where are the GMs targeting? Obviously, it isn't in Payon, or Prontera, nor Morroc. Hell, I don't even see any progress even here:

screenOdin003.jpg

It's a mad house in the training ground! If y'all ban just HALF of these bots, it would do a world of good for the current issues.

Here's my 2 cents. The only way I can see Frigg even being close to a good idea is to close registration to the Odin server, do a mass ban on Odin (one good way is to open Odin unannounced after a maintenance for 10 seconds, then shut it down again, then ban every account that logged in at that time) and after we get the anti-bot program your talking about, "filter" legit players into Odin server.

Training grounds seem like a bad target area though, since it's very easy to recreate characters that get banned there. I've seen a bot strike myself and it was just as shown on livestreams.

bM6Rfj1.jpg

I believe it takes time to ban one botter though. On Oda's streams I've seen him typing stuff while banning just one botter. Here's what I think the process is, based on what I've observed:

1. Find a botter.

2. Test if the character really is a botter.

3. Search for accounts related to the botter.

4. Document evidence and other information pertaining to the botter.

5. Find other botters, rinse repeat.

6. At the end of the bot hunt, ban all caught botters.

So I understand if they can't eliminate all botters in a map on a whim. But this is why we're suggesting preventative solutions instead -- and hopefully we get to that point where we finally have something in place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users