Bring back Spotlights. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bring back Spotlights.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#26 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

My point is, they're still a bandaid fix. Are there real alternatives now?

EXP events is more than enough. People have reached 175 in Bio4 and NCT using just EXP events. May and June has shown what EXP event can do to get players active in leveling.

Eventually, we will run into the same problem with EXP events, but that's just how it is. I see EXP events as more of "i'm the GM, I feel like an EXP event today. *insert cat reading newspaper meme*"

EXP events are so frequent, it's silly to waste your time leveling during NON EXP events.

Edited by Demeris, 20 July 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#27 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Quoting ash to make your arguements look like legit. HAHAHAHHA. Dude it's okay, you're not doing anything wrong. Just be more honest with yourself on why you want spotlight to be removed! Come'on! :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

Burrrrrrrrrnnnnn

#28 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

who really needs spotlights or exp events to get 175 nowadays? 

#29 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

I need spotlight for the x2 drop, so i need it in the instance, but i could settle for exp/drop event for now.. Will be whining later 

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

the permanent increased spawn in bio4 and nct, together as well as their respective bounty boards, and then the Verus dailies, 16,1 dailies, instances, boss kills, etc, they make the leveling waaaay better than back then when bio4 didnt had double spawn and nct spawn rate was just cancer.

Ppl have been leveling characters to high end lvl without any lhz or nct spotlight in a while, so yeah i can say it is very much better now. 

Note: better than before, not that it is still good or ideal. There are still things to do, but spotlight has nothing to do with those changes.

#31 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

yeah, only those 150+ are important. never mind us who are grinding and leveling at 100+. we don't need spotlight because we might abuse it.  <_<

#32 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Demeris suggesting player to prepare "magically" x accounts so they can play bio4 with themselves fits the dumb argumentation in the recent maint threat just great. Are you living of RMT or why you so desperately try to force people even heavier into paying you for abusing the -_- out of this bugged system to make you another b or 2 or 3 per night. 

#33 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

I actually dont mind if spotlight back to what it was, especially encouraging players to complete the area quests to complete victoria quest.
The one i despise is the consistency of the rotation. Spotlight has 1 month duration? Then go for it! Change it when it is due!

#34 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Fits the elitist argument.

#35 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

I guess I care less about a place being "spotlighted" and care more about mob density being reasonable and exp rates being decent. If they want to just go ahead and double spawns / exp / and drops everywhere I'd be cool with it. But that isn't what is being offered.

This new model means that something good is being taken away, we're being given a nicotine patch, then back to the same crappy leveling as always.

Thats all I have to say for now. I'll make the most of this bandaid and see how I feel by the end of it.

Edited by Scuba, 20 July 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#36 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

if theyd at least increase the spawn density/exp on a set amount of maps, like it was suggested. (harpys for 70-99, magma for 100-120, scarab for 120-150) etc, they could promote other maps with maybe 2,5 (so they get better than the optimal standard leveling maps).

Nothing against adding the quest system, but changing 3 variables every 6 weeks for some maps is too much hassle? really? 

People are bored of the tireless solo grind and they remove another thing that makes this game a little bit more convenient and replace it with a quest? in RO? How can you expect anyone whos not just logging in some hours a week for WoE/instances/MvP because they 175d their main chars 2 years ago to be fine with that. 

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Leveling outside of spotlights up to 150 isnt slow, there are super efficient maps for 1-150.

Leveling on spotlights of super efficient maps is just absurdly fast, and ppl grew used to that.

Leveling may get slower? In general, yes. Will it be unbearable? No

#38 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

if you think a 15 year old game will attract people that forces them to invest hundreds of hours of grind and another hundred of hours of farming to actually explore end game content on any class they desire you are soooooo wrong dude. but sure, iROs policy is to please the die hard vets who wont give up their accounts just enough so they wont quit, this has done this server so well.

stuff like OCP, removing spotlight and opening a new server was just the thing chaos needed. 

#39 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

So why are we making leveling slower when the playerbase is already declining?

#40 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Guys guys, do not look at the exp part of the spotlight, look at the drop rate! drop rate doesnt come as much as exp rate multiplier

#41 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Oooh quest spotlight! This is a welcoming change and reduce people from demanding the same spotlight over and over again. I'm a bit sad with having the potential of NCT without the 2x spawn rate but life goes on.

#42 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

spotlight 16.1 quests! give x3 the award! wish they would consider the idea. Victoria is so boring and repetitive, even the rewards are something you can ignore

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 20 July 2017 - 06:25 PM.

#43 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

It doesn't matter why but if something is the way it is for a long period of time and you decide to take it out, it doesn't look well. Especially with RE:start happening. It feels like nothing more than you guys are paying more attention to RE:start and not caring about Chaos. 

#44 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

This one guy makes b out of bio4 parties, gives n different reasons why we should believe NCT spotlight is a bad idea, but nope, it's never about his business. k keep denying hard. God, Be -_- honest for once.

#45 Koding

Koding

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

Bringing back the old quest won't resolve the issue. In that case, I'm suggesting to just simply revert all the spawns that are doubled due to majority request: NCT and bio4 mobs.

#46 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

welp, i know that I'll quit this game if they stick with this decision. Not because I couldnt level without spotlight, I dont hardcore abuse it anyways, but because the GMs say they dont want this server to die but do everything they can to kill it off faster.

OCP scam train into opening a new server into making the grinding experience on this server even more obnoxious than it is already is just a big "-_- you" into the face of anyone drunk enough considering to start on chaos.

no new people results into an even more dead WoE resulting into an even more dead endgame since MvP is p much limited on instances and ET.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 21 July 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#47 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:29 AM

NCT is not easy for some classes

thats why 150+ lvlling always be a problem for people,

no one rant about scaraba leveling right?

because all classes able to -no brainer lv- in that map by pressing one button

once you get 150

thats the real deal boii

>no more TI

>no more eden bounty

>difficult mobs to handle for some  classes

some classes are able to solo nct, sure

but there are the ones that not able to get party in bio4 and not able to solo nct

thats where leveling get so tiring.

the solve this, imo as pvm player

to provide an alternate map for people to able to lv to 175

it can be anything, it can be an instance, or few instances

jRO lv in instance, we can also do that by helping our players,

increasing the monster exp / exp reward in instance, maybe Prontera Prison ?

another good one is to provide alternate map to level

I do remember Fuyuki-kun back then talked about Flame Basin, which year was it?  :p_devil:

proposed the idea making that map as alternative map to level by giving bounties 

there are a lot maps that suitable to end-game leveling, if you ask me

even the one inside Doram's Cave, deepest floor.

maybe the question,

Will WP grant the wish or not

#48 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

NCT is not easy for some classes

thats why 150+ lvlling always be a problem for people,

no one rant about scaraba leveling right?

because all classes able to -no brainer lv- in that map by pressing one button

once you get 150

thats the real deal boii

>no more TI

>no more eden bounty

>difficult mobs to handle for some  classes

some classes are able to solo nct, sure

but there are the ones that not able to get party in bio4 and not able to solo nct

thats where leveling get so tiring.

the solve this, imo as pvm player

to provide an alternate map for people to able to lv to 175

it can be anything, it can be an instance, or few instances

jRO lv in instance, we can also do that by helping our players,

increasing the monster exp / exp reward in instance, maybe Prontera Prison ?

another good one is to provide alternate map to level

I do remember Fuyuki-kun back then talked about Flame Basin, which year was it?  :p_devil:

proposed the idea making that map as alternative map to level by giving bounties 

there are a lot maps that suitable to end-game leveling, if you ask me

even the one inside Doram's Cave, deepest floor.

maybe the question,

Will WP grant the wish or not

it would be a start. its not only that the leveling design of renewal is so boring and the same for every class (gather mobs press a button everything ded repeat), you are forced to spend the, most hard part, in the same map over and over for every char you play and these maps are even toxic as hell. A massparty map that forces people to gather a group of at least 6 good equipd chars that got taken over by people who sell the runs so almost no party can form in a reasonable amount of time and a copy pasta map from 2004 where the biggest change was to recolour the mobs from ugly to even more ugly. 

you really cant make the leveling process easy enough at this point so people actually consider to start this game from scratch. Even if ud give the option to start as 175 people are still going to be busy farming their gear if they dont want to spend a lot of cash. Have fun farming 500 OCAs in hazy forrest so you actually equip any class youd like to play to a level where people actually consider you to be geared decent enough so they might consider taking you with them for an ET run.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM.

#49 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

thats MMORPG

it always like that , P2W or you grind 24/7

"Have fun farming 500 OCAs in hazy forrest so you actually equip any class youd like to play to a level where people actually consider you to be geared decent enough so they might consider taking you with them for an ET run."

nah you can join a guild, there is a thing called Weekly guild ET, they will bring you with them

#50 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

thats MMORPG

it always like that , P2W or you grind 24/7

"Have fun farming 500 OCAs in hazy forrest so you actually equip any class youd like to play to a level where people actually consider you to be geared decent enough so they might consider taking you with them for an ET run."

nah you can join a guild, there is a thing called Weekly guild ET, they will bring you with them

500 was exaggerated of course but even if you have a guild, id imagine that you should have at least level 160, as your guild wants to progress as deep as they can (id imagine). For some classes to even reach 160 you need several 100 millions of equip in gear, which takes a -_-ton of hours. Now add the time you need to spent on getting your first character to 160 (im not talking about GX/ranger here) and you cant deny that only very few newbies will bother with this time sink in a game that cant really provide proof its gonna last another 3 years. (not even that the server closes, but that even less real people are actually playing the game aside from the handful events they log in for.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users