Bring back Spotlights. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bring back Spotlights.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#51 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

I wish more TIs BB.... cause you know... 185 is coming... somewhere out there.. We need more lvling spots in 2020

#52 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

And even creating a random assigned list won't be effective. Most players will put off their leveling and VIP until that date is reached so they can abuse the leveling in spotlighted areas with EXP events.

So you don't like that people are seeking an optimal way of spending their zeny and BMX to maximise the gains? Get real

#53 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:16 AM

Demeris suggesting player to prepare "magically" x accounts so they can play bio4 with themselves fits the dumb argumentation in the recent maint threat just great. Are you living of RMT or why you so desperately try to force people even heavier into paying you for abusing the -_- out of this bugged system to make you another b or 2 or 3 per night. 

People like Demeris/Ash/"insert your pro player here" live in another ro reality where everyone that cannot do the same regarding play requirements/items is a scrub/lazy/noob player that does not deserve anything or just need to play the game to server their interest

#54 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

It is crazy. Just a week ago, this would have upset me. It is amazing how your perspective can change in such a short time.

Edited by mattxor, 21 July 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#55 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

People like Demeris/Ash/"insert your pro player here" live in another ro reality where everyone that cannot do the same regarding play requirements/items is a scrub/lazy/noob player that does not deserve anything or just need to play the game to server their interest

Why lump and honest person to a pretentious one? doesn't sound right to generalize different entities,, it's akward

#56 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

Someone's opinion change based on whether he is winning/losing, rich/poor, happy/upset. So, dont be surprised when someone has opinion A bcoz he was poor, then his opinion changed to B after he is rich.

#57 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

Someone's opinion change based on whether he is winning/losing, rich/poor, happy/upset. So, dont be surprised when someone has opinion A bcoz he was poor, then his opinion changed to B after he is rich.

shouldnt the ultimate goal be to attract player to actually play the game again, because, you can be rich as -_-, if noone competes in WoE with you at some point it has to get boring no. This elitist attitude has been in RO since its gotten released I think, but nowadays noone gives a -_- about how many MvPs/+15 gear/godlikes you have farmed, it has become worthless because of bots, RMT, cashshop, the age of the server, multiple merges and last but not least few people left to admire your "accomplishments".

This era is done so you (the elitists) can decide if they wanna fap on their gear worth 100 b and more til the server gets shut down because only 100 people still hop on the OCP train or if you accept that people want to get at least close to your level in a reasonable amount of time and give you real fun in WoE again. (I dont play WoE myself so I dont know exactly whats wrong on iRO chaos, but I played WoE 10 years ago and the WoEs were only few people played were so much more boring than filled castles with real fights over an hour or 2.

#58 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

shouldnt the ultimate goal be to attract player to actually play the game again, because, you can be rich as -_-, if noone competes in WoE with you at some point it has to get boring no. This elitist attitude has been in RO since its gotten released I think, but nowadays noone gives a -_- about how many MvPs/+15 gear/godlikes you have farmed, it has become worthless because of bots, RMT, cashshop, the age of the server, multiple merges and last but not least few people left to admire your "accomplishments".

This era is done so you (the elitists) can decide if they wanna fap on their gear worth 100 b and more til the server gets shut down because only 100 people still hop on the OCP train or if you accept that people want to get at least close to your level in a reasonable amount of time and give you real fun in WoE again. (I dont play WoE myself so I dont know exactly whats wrong on iRO chaos, but I played WoE 10 years ago and the WoEs were only few people played were so much more boring than filled castles with real fights over an hour or 2.

This.

Any exclusive mindset reduces population, and what this game needs now more than anything is population. I've said plenty of times that we need to be more inclusive rather than exclusive, or the population will continue to shrink. But of course, people are happy prioritizing their short term self-interests rather than anything else anyone says.

I still believe Elitism played a major factor in killing WoE as well. 

Regardless, the mass exodus of said players is already happening, what with the all the people trying to dispose of their accounts and gear.

Edited by WolfTri, 21 July 2017 - 04:24 AM.

#59 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

I loved spotlight, it got me to do the Rachel Sanc quest on mutliple characters and in turn to benefit from the expanded eden quests there, got me to go to various new world maps, return to old pront/geffen maps, etc.

It kind of resparked how people first felt about renewal -- how it forced them to wander the game world instead of just going to the half-dozen "optimal areas" in succession. Current renewal became like that too, but with spotlight the "optimal area" would change radically. 

It also helped to get people out of the gramps TIs, which is itself a blessing. 

There are few quests in RO that are at all enjoyable to do, and most often go the route of kill X or fetch Y monsters/items, or worse yet, pure fedex "go talk to Z" types. The game just isn't built for it, and MMO quests in general are pretty poor. There's just no real satisfaction to it compared to proper single player games; you have no real agency to affect outcomes, and in RO's case, we also have to deal with very poor writing/text that makes things just seem goofy. 

I actually liked the two major quest chains we got (16.1's banquet and Rockridge's main quest) but that's only a relative praise as they still pale horribly when compared to a proper RPG like Fallout 1 or Baldur's Gate 2. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 21 July 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#60 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

And that's why people quit Chaos and some decided to start over in Odin hahaha

#61 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Spotlight 'The Sign' please. Everyone has to do it at least once!

#62 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Spotlight 'The Sign' please. Everyone has to do it at least once!

*shudders*

#63 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

I loved spotlight, it got me to do the Rachel Sanc quest on mutliple characters and in turn to benefit from the expanded eden quests there, got me to go to various new world maps, return to old pront/geffen maps, etc.

It kind of resparked how people first felt about renewal -- how it forced them to wander the game world instead of just going to the half-dozen "optimal areas" in succession. Current renewal became like that too, but with spotlight the "optimal area" would change radically. 

It also helped to get people out of the gramps TIs, which is itself a blessing. 

There are few quests in RO that are at all enjoyable to do, and most often go the route of kill X or fetch Y monsters/items, or worse yet, pure fedex "go talk to Z" types. The game just isn't built for it, and MMO quests in general are pretty poor. There's just no real satisfaction to it compared to proper single player games; you have no real agency to affect outcomes, and in RO's case, we also have to deal with very poor writing/text that makes things just seem goofy. 

I actually liked the two major quest chains we got (16.1's banquet and Rockridge's main quest) but that's only a relative praise as they still pale horribly when compared to a proper RPG like Fallout 1 or Baldur's Gate 2. 

quests in RO are an annoying nuicance and nothing more. Id be super happy if they removed all those dungeon entrance quests for good, at least if you did it once dont force people to do them again. 

#64 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

quests in RO are an annoying nuicance and nothing more. Id be super happy if they removed all those dungeon entrance quests for good, at least if you did it once dont force people to do them again.

I'd like to advised you that this is your opinion and your opinion on quests doesn't necessarily apply to everyone and that there are many people who enjoy doing the RO quests.

Thank you, and have a great day.

#65 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

In some ways I wish RO was focused more on accounts than characters, like tracking certain features across the account instead of each char (like, for example, the achievement system -- friend lists, certain in game requirements like some quests that are super difficult to do [though this does mean you couldn't farm some items like 'the sign' on an account, for example]). 

Edited by mildcontempt, 21 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#66 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

I'd like to advised you that this is your opinion and your opinion on quests doesn't necessarily apply to everyone and that there are many people who enjoy doing the RO quests.

Thank you, and have a great day.

yea and getting good exp per hour numbers shouldnt be limited to people who play 6 accounts or are willing to pay you for leeching them.

#67 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

They don't have to pay me or alt 6 accounts. There are plenty of ways to level efficient solo, banquet and OCPs had made leveling much easier.

Also, I do offer free runs to those I see waiting for a long time. I'm not as heartless as people make me out to be. I care about RO and the player base. My party was made to help unwanted classes get EXP since no one wanted them. And I am still one of the few parties who do share for support classes to get EXP. Sometimes i do 150+ share because it's for the community since share exp at that range is rare for bio4

#68 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

So many times i ask for Victoria NPC and they cant give back because abuse now i dont care about chaos outside new updates and they put back...now i feel a little upset but well... now i read this "Were not removing spotlights. We are returning them to their original form. Which was to spotlight a quest area. Its not about upgrading a dungeon. It was about showing off a town or village in Ragnarok Online and encouraging players to do the quests there and meet Victoria" i fine with that, then you guys can kill the Gramps and let the world map back to encouraging players to do the quests and learn to play their class?

#69 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

To be clear, I can't hate on Aco for profiting off of leeching other people. I did the same thing with Thor leeches pre-renewal. The concept of selling EXP via leeching has been around since the beginning of the game. I'm sure some people can even remember selling mage leeches in Louyang for 500k an hour. I have zero issue with that. It just rubs me the wrong way to see suggestions to reduce alternatives and increase scarcity.

That said, I am for any leveling options that provide at least some degree of variety. When you get to higher levels you become funneled into one or two decent leveling spots. Spotlights weren't the complete answer to this problem. But at least they helped. As Aco & others have mentioned the Juno spotlight is still active *at least for now* so it isn't completely gone yet.

The fact that they didn't disable it this time might be a sign that it is actually more difficult to implement spotlights (or they are severely over complicating the process). I would think that they could just save the server in multiple states and on reset apply the appropriate map saves. But maybe there is more to  it than that. Hopefully more maps will receive permanent spawn rate increases if they insist on cutting spotlights out of the game.

#70 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

if people who play on iRO chaos for 10 years+ with multiple accounts full of 150s+ say leveling is easy than who am I to tell them they are wrong. iROs been getting probably at least 10 new player this year so the direction how things are handled are probably sufficiant and lead this game into a prosperous future.

#71 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

To be clear, I can't hate on Aco for profiting off of leeching other people. I did the same thing with Thor leeches pre-renewal. The concept of selling EXP via leeching has been around since the beginning of the game. I'm sure some people can even remember selling mage leeches in Louyang for 500k an hour. I have zero issue with that. It just rubs me the wrong way to see suggestions to reduce alternatives and increase scarcity.

That said, I am for any leveling options that provide at least some degree of variety. When you get to higher levels you become funneled into one or two decent leveling spots. Spotlights weren't the complete answer to this problem. But at least they helped. As Aco & others have mentioned the Juno spotlight is still active *at least for now* so it isn't completely gone yet.

The fact that they didn't disable it this time might be a sign that it is actually more difficult to implement spotlights (or they are severely over complicating the process). I would think that they could just save the server in multiple states and on reset apply the appropriate map saves. But maybe there is more to it than that. Hopefully more maps will receive permanent spawn rate increases if they insist on cutting spotlights out of the game.

The problem of a decent constructed spotlight system is completely gone due to RE:Start. The quality of current Renewal servers are completely lacking in care, as shown in spotlights.

The iRO team currently has their hands full with their new server (they just opened another restart server) and it's important for them to retain that player base.

So in the mean time, we have what we have. I merely suggest giving them less added work.

#72 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

letting things slide for years and being like "but now they got a new server so they dont have time to solve chaos problems" isnt convenient at all isnt it.

#73 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

if people who play on iRO chaos for 10 years+ with multiple accounts full of 150s+ say leveling is easy than who am I to tell them they are wrong. iROs been getting probably at least 10 new player this year so the direction how things are handled are probably sufficiant and lead this game into a prosperous future.

I hate to break this to you buddy, but new players will not be playing on our server.

Every new player will be wanting to join Ragnarok RE: start instead. I hope you're not convincing yourself that this spotlight change is about new players. Spotlight right now has been about current players taking advantage of the system with their same requests for the same spotlights.

#74 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

I hate to break this to you buddy, but new players will not be playing on our server.

Every new player will be wanting to join Ragnarok RE: start instead. I hope you're not convincing yourself that this spotlight change is about new players. Spotlight right now has been about current players taking advantage of the system with their same requests for the same spotlights.

the thing is, Id like to hear this from the GMs because, in contrast to you, what they say matters. Obv im guessing the same, but if this server isnt aiming for new players you might as well shut it down right now and save people the money and time. 

Or at least be open about it so people can decide for themselves instead of the ever recycled "we are looking into it" "we having things planned" scam. 

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 21 July 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#75 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

the thing is, Id like to hear this from the GMs because, in contrast to you, what they say matters. Obv im guessing the same, but if this server isnt aiming for new players you might as well shut it down right now and save people the money and time.

Or at least be open about it so people can decide for themselves instead of the ever recycled "we are looking into it" "we having things planned" scam.

They will not shut this server down as long as it continues to make money. Thanks to our community, we were able to fund Warp Portal to continue to contract business and produce a new server MEANT for new players.

In addition to that, there are plenty of players that have made heavy investments on this server. Some ranging from having MVPs and others whom purchased over $3000 WPE per month.

I'm not GM, but I've been around long enough and met with actual warp portal employees in person to understand some things that goes behind the game.

Regarding their Gm response, it's just the usual "Soon TM" response. No business will ever admit to something negative like "we can't have this done at all." It doesn't make the business look good and it's better to have SOME crediblility that will make people eat up PR message vs having everyone upset with a flat out honest and negative answer.

Edited by Demeris, 21 July 2017 - 11:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users