• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

What is the reason that prices for items are skyrocketing?

I remember that either after or before open beta ended I was selling phen cards for 750k per pop. Now when I check the price of that card its already going for 3.6m. This is on a brand new server mind you! I ever bought a mocking muffler for 1.5, now its 6.5m. Again its brand spanking new server.

For the past 2 days I am leveling like almost full time at High Orcs. Thats like 30+ hours. I managed to get 150k zeny worth of loot.

How are these prices possible?

Edited by suquedique, 20 July 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#2 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Supply and demand, as people realize that there is more money flowing through the server, more people will vie for those 1% spenders attention.  It generates its own hype and the result is inflation once people start posting higher prices.. people start to believe they're viable..   They'll sit on merchandise holding out for a big payout and eventually as more do and the supply increases undercutting becomes rampant and the price goes down for a while eventually reaching a proper equilibrium...

Edited by Helios0, 20 July 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#3 AtomicN

AtomicN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

High Orcs are terrible zeny is why. Go kill raydrics, magma dungeon, geffen dungeon, etc and you'll make money pretty fast. Go farm a rare card and you'll have a few mill that you can play around with and make a profit off of. Its not too difficult, just have to grind for zeny instead of exp

#4 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:27 PM

inflation is natural, there are barely any zeny sinks in the game right now so it is expected.

why would items be selling at the same price they were over 2 weeks ago?

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

I remember that either after or before open beta ended I was selling phen cards for 750k per pop. Now when I check the price of that card its already going for 3.6m. This is on a brand new server mind you! I ever bought a mocking muffler for 1.5, now its 6.5m. Again its brand spanking new server.

For the past 2 days I am leveling like almost full time at High Orcs. Thats like 30+ hours. I managed to get 150k zeny worth of loot.

Probably a result from OC'ing trash from exploited gift boxes and well bots ... lol

But if you got around net 150k zeny within 30 hours. Something is every wrong with your farming method

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 July 2017 - 09:52 PM.

#6 Streye

Streye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

If you're looking to make money in that area, I would suggest you divide your time 3:1 with West orc village where the dungeon entrance is. Assuming you can kill an orc warrior in about ~5 seconds, you should be able to earn ~30-50k an hour easy. 

#7 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Knights pull in 2-500k an hour at maps like magma, nightmares, even high orcs in dungeon. A phen card should not be worth 2 hours worth of zeny on a good exp map. 0 zeny is being spent on potions as well, almost every player I know just spends 20 bucks for VIP+unlimited white pots

Edited by AlexBaker, 20 July 2017 - 11:44 PM.

#8 superpandas

superpandas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

reason is bots. majority of botter pulling 1million zeny per bot. of course it is going to get inflated

#9 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

Like I said before I sold phen cards for 750k and bought mocking mufflers for 1.5m on iRO Chaos that was significantly older at that time than iRO Odin is right now. The math doesn't compute.

Knights pulling in 500k/h when everyone is wearing crappy npc gear? I don't believe that.

#10 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

Like I said before I sold phen cards for 750k and bought mocking mufflers for 1.5m on iRO Chaos that was significantly older at that time than iRO Odin is right now. The math doesn't compute.

Knights pulling in 500k/h when everyone is wearing crappy npc gear? I don't believe that.

Ice claymore and you can 1 hit high orcs. Each high orc drops a few hundred zeny worth of trash loot, steel(8k) and rough ori(8k) occasionally. Brilights drop even more zeny worth. This is the best map for EXP and people are not going there for zeny. It has been weeks, people are not wearing NPC gear, even if they were 200k+ an hour is not out of the question. People were doing magma on like day 2

IDK what iro chaos was, but did they have bgum/vip and 50 pots for 5 cents? If they didn't have woe supply boxes then you're looking at all the good farming spots being a lot worse because you have to spam meat(which is more expensive LOL) and now might die can mob less etc

Edited by AlexBaker, 21 July 2017 - 12:46 AM.

#11 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

1) Supply and demand.

2) Knights just need a NPC weeapon, and do you seriously think that everyone is still wearing crappy npc gear? 

#12 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

everyone is wearing crappy npc gear?

Uhh...

I have +7 carded gear in every slot. I know people with +9 gear. Something is wrong with your farming method.

#13 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

on iRO Chaos that was significantly older at that time

You can't compare the markets like that. A lot of factors change the price of an item. I sold a Phen for 2.5m last week and the price dropped kinda fast.

People farmed/bought gear before they could farm at certain places efficiently, it's not npc gear. :)

Edited by Ambur, 21 July 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#14 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:57 AM

you just need an elemental weapon and woe pots. you're set to go.

go join a guild, they could teach you 1-2 method to farm zeny.

#15 Yafilthy

Yafilthy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

LOL reason no money is cuz people bought to much undershirt in a renewal mechanic look at top 5 items it happens everytime they make server. the knights take all money from plebs and dont buy nothing from low end. then its a waiting game.  

funny is the 1.5m clip to use with a 150k smokie cough zeny sink >>15k belt or that game changing matyr LMAO. sohee get more skill spam for dumb low right now. who bought those /omg. cant cure stupid! just let me hand over all money from middle class to veterans who know how to farm this old game so they can rekt me in woe!!

these are reason why people want fresh server with woe active first week and no p2w pot spam; to many people know how to exploit this old classic.

Edited by Yafilthy, 21 July 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#16 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

When gum box pays for itself and then some in 30 minutes of farming, it is real easy to acquire wealth. There's people making well over 1m an hour

Edited by diluted41, 21 July 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#17 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

I used gum box for making zeny. I used Blacksmith with Ore discovery. I got 30 Oridecon in almost 1.5 hour, it doesn't always happen but I had. It doesn't count the various element

#18 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

150k zeny over 2 days wtf

i make 200k in 1 hour at pasanas + 1-3 undershirt usually and average 1 pasana card per 2 days.

200k per HOUR

raydrics average 100k per hour + ores.

you are just doing it all wrong

#19 puddingmilktea

puddingmilktea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Maybe he's kicking it old school and spending zeny on whites?  HOs are pretty terrible zeny, on top of that.

But yeah best advice is to go somewhere more lucrative, like Magma or Raydrics or even Byalan, although it seems like the price of the Byalan cards are steadily dropping.

#20 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

My friend what you need is too simple (is something i doing right now xD)

Made a Knight BB everything (Ice Claymore is something you really will need it) use greed scroll or take manual from the group doing this for 5 hours and then change to Merchant / Blacksmith with Overcharge sell all to the NPC, congrats you can buy all your equips to +7 slotted.

#21 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

LOL reason no money is cuz people bought to much undershirt in a renewal mechanic look at top 5 items it happens everytime they make server. the knights take all money from plebs and dont buy nothing from low end. then its a waiting game.  

funny is the 1.5m clip to use with a 150k smokie cough zeny sink >>15k belt or that game changing matyr LMAO. sohee get more skill spam for dumb low right now. who bought those /omg. cant cure stupid! just let me hand over all money from middle class to veterans who know how to farm this old game so they can rekt me in woe!!

these are reason why people want fresh server with woe active first week and no p2w pot spam; to many people know how to exploit this old classic.

exactly why this server will die just like classic.

#22 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

must feel amazing making 200k in 30 hours of gameplay when you know other people are making 1m/hr

#23 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

140k in 8 hours at high orcs looting as much as possible. But I guess its my bad for not making a knight and bowling bashing my way through mobs on cheap pots and other shenanigans from kafra shop. Last time I played there was no kafra shop.

#24 twovenomous

twovenomous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

140k in 8 hours at high orcs looting as much as possible. But I guess its my bad for not making a knight and bowling bashing my way through mobs on cheap pots and other shenanigans from kafra shop. Last time I played there was no kafra shop.

Yeah, I love my battle priest and I don't want to make a BB Knight or Trapper Hunter. Also have my Blacksmith, but I don't want to waste 500K for 2 friggin grape juices. Stupid.

Edited by twovenomous, 21 July 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#25 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I'm killing stuff in byalan with my bsmith.

Found a marse card and a few whitherless roses, besides the usual trash.

Thara frog card, marse card, hydra card, shield [1], fin helm, it's kind of funny how much valuable stuff there is down there, and pvp related too, woe means hydra and thara frog will never become worthless.

I just went down there looking for a saint's robe, which I didn't find yet but it's more than made up.

Edited by Krispin2, 21 July 2017 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users