Celia damage in bio4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Celia damage in bio4

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

After quite a number of bio4 runs I admit that I don't understand the burst damage this monster possess. 

From what I've gathered she only has bolts, fireball, frost driver, heaven's drive and thunderstorm at her disposal when it comes to damage.

Current bio4 equip

• unfrozen kirin
  • gffs with dustiness card (30% less wind dmg)
  • anti medium valk shield
  • thunder and fire pot
  • energy shield
  • mob scarf for additional 4% demihuman reduction
  • 30k hp

However, every once in a while she oneshots me. nsF5fG9.jpg

None of her skills fits this burst damage. It's not thunderstorm since it happens on ME as well, thunderstorm deals damage in multiple hits anyways. Fireball deals up to 8k damage and has visible cast time. The source of this damage, however, is instant and usually delivered in doublets.

Does she have some skill I don't know about?

#2 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Wear unfrozen wind armor

Stack fire resist:

Cranial Valk shield

Jakk niddhoggur's garment (or faw if you're a sorc that uses variable casting)

if you can afford it, wear 2 leib olmai card.

You will survive a lot better.

Edited by Demeris, 23 July 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#3 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

it might also be the thunderproof pots??

he doesnt have any earth resist and using the pots weaken him a bit.

he stacked wind and fire resist with valk shield adding in water, and also the holy armor, but no defense against earth.

not sure though, i usually stack fire resist more since i always stay in ME. cold bolt and frost diver doesnt kill me. and i dont use proof pots.

it might also be fire pots negating the water resist from valk shield?? try removing the proof pots and just stack fire resist like the post above ^

#4 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Anything with less than 30k hp without proper reduction will get 1 shot by celias. i tbink the biggest problem though is wearing holy instead of wind armor. Some people might argue that fire is better, esp when there are 2 or more celias casting fire ball. But I never had problem with wind armor. KBC and combat knife with mdef also help if you are not the main source of dps xD

Edited by Richkr, 23 July 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#5 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

This might solved your struggle with Celia.

Golden thief bug shield

#6 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

Most likely her frost driver, the fire proof pots increase her dmg. 

Change it to unfrozen wind and stack fire resist instead.

#7 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

This might solved your struggle with Celia.

Golden thief bug shield

He's a sorc. He'll need to get sacra often. I hate it when players default a gtb if they're not a puller

Also, active players after a gwing (such as AB and Sorc) should not be wearing fire armor. You'll get bursted a lot more often with cold bolt. In my parties, I make sure they're all wearing unfrozen wind or a +9 holy kardui robe. Although, i'd admit that my party is different since I make sure the AB i bring to my party knows how to solo. So they're more of a stand alone target.

Classes like performers can get away with wearing unfrozen fire. But I make sure that's balanced by some wind reduction.

Edited by Demeris, 23 July 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#8 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

Ah, I was under impression that holy armor reduces dmg from elements, apparently that's not the case in renewal. Going to switch it to unfrozen typhoon and jakk gffs then

#9 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

maybe celia is now using mobscarf and magicians glove

#10 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Ah, I was under impression that holy armor reduces dmg from elements, apparently that's not the case in renewal. Going to switch it to unfrozen typhoon and jakk gffs then

It does, but with holy you receive only 25% element reduction vs if you wear the specific armor, you receive 75% reduction.

That's why I highly suggest as a sorc, just wear wind armor, stack as much fire resist as you can, get 120 dex, wear temporal dex, and watch yourself surviving better and cast faster.

Edited by Demeris, 23 July 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#11 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

It does, but with holy you receive only 25% element reduction vs if you wear the specific armor, you receive 75% reduction.

That's why I highly suggest as a sorc, just wear wind armor, stack as much fire resist as you can, get 120 dex, wear temporal dex, and watch yourself surviving better and cast faster.

Isn't this trading better survavibility agains occasional thunderstorm for instarip in case of heaven's drive hit? What about loss of water damage reduction? What about earth spike?

typhoon setup

wind 75%
fire 30% jakk, 10% leib, 15% fireproof = 55%
earth -75%
water -10% fireproof

kirin setup
wind 25% kirin, 30% dustiness, 20% thunderproof = 75%
fire 25% kirin, 10% leib, 20% fireproof = 55%
earth 10%
water 10%

Edited by asperatus, 23 July 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#12 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Isn't this trading better survavibility agains occasional thunderstorm for instarip in case of heaven's drive hit? What about loss of water damage reduction? What about earth spike?

typhoon setup

wind 75%
fire 30% jakk, 10% leib, 15% fireproof = 55%
earth -75%
water -10% fireproof

kirin setup
wind 25% kirin, 30% dustiness, 20% thunderproof = 75%
fire 25% kirin, 10% leib, 20% fireproof = 55%
earth 10%
water 10%

As you gain more levels, your HP modifiers will kick in and you can just end up tanking a lot of the basic damage.

You should also be using valk shield. It gives +20% resistance to Water and Fire.

Earth damage doesn't really matter, it's a very weak skill from them. Celias also shouldn't be lasting more than 3 seconds. They should get 1-2 skills in and that's it.

Typhoon Setup:

Wind - 75%

Jakk (inside FW skin for +15% bonus health) 30%, Valk shield 20% = 50%. That's more than enough. I don't even bother with fireproof since i'm lazy. You can also use KBC for an additional 10% per card. I'd reccomend using love piece or spellflow set as your phen effect. SP cost increase isn't a big deal if you're under GK.

Kirin Setup:
Remember that you have holy armor. It's not added to your overall elemental resist. It isn't 75% fire resist + holy armor = 100% fire resist. You have 75% fire resist + Holy resist. Elemental armor is at the end of the calculations.

Edited by Demeris, 23 July 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#13 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

As you gain more levels, your HP modifiers will kick in and you can just end up tanking a lot of the basic damage.

You should also be using valk shield. It gives +20% resistance to Water and Fire.

Earth damage doesn't really matter, it's a very weak skill from them. Celias also shouldn't be lasting more than 3 seconds. They should get 1-2 skills in and that's it.

Typhoon Setup:

Wind - 75%

Jakk (inside FW skin for +15% bonus health) 30%, Valk shield 20% = 50%. That's more than enough. I don't even bother with fireproof since i'm lazy. You can also use KBC for an additional 10% per card. I'd reccomend using love piece or spellflow set as your phen effect. SP cost increase isn't a big deal if you're under GK.

Kirin Setup:
Remember that you have holy armor. It's not added to your overall elemental resist. It isn't 75% fire resist + holy armor = 100% fire resist. You have 75% fire resist + Holy resist. I'm not sure what the specific is, but I believe it targets your holy element first and completely ignores your fire resist. Or it could be a multiplicative number, @Ashuckle needs to chime in for this one.

I'm using anti medium valk shield, I just ommited it in the calculations

Even assuming that the resistance is multiplicative (so first counting reduction from holy armor and then other sources) the final resistance would be ~5% less

Anyway, even if typhoon setup is better, the difference is not going to be that great, which brings me back to the core issue: what is the source of those instagibs since these gears are not lackluster

Edited by asperatus, 23 July 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#14 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

fireball and thunderstorm are more frequent and deal higher damage

dunno how to say it properly but i think for kirin + 50% wind is reducing overall wind damage by 62.5% (holy armor changes 100 to 75, then 50% of it is 37.5)

kirin + fire would be 75 - 22.5(30% of 75) = 52.5% fire resist

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 23 July 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#15 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

I'm using anti medium valk shield, I just ommited it in the calculations

Even assuming that the resistance is multiplicative (so first counting reduction from holy armor and then other sources) the final resistance would be ~5% less

Anyway, even if typhoon setup is better, the difference is not going to be that great, which brings me back to the core issue: what is the source of those instagibs since these gears are not lackluster

There's actually a lot of stuff in damage calculations.

Size reduction, racial reduction, elemental reduction, maybe mdef. I just keep it simple and reduce as much element as I can. I also use KBC for more of the elemental reduction.

My set up is:

+12 red pom with leib olmai

Mistress sunnies

Mob scarf

Wind armor

Cranial Valk Shield

+14 Safety Rod

Jakk FWskin (bonus +15% health with temp boots). If you use Nidd garb, you can add an additional 7% resist to all elements.

+9 Firelock Temp Dex Boots

KBC Waterbrooch

KBC Waterbrooch

Spellflow shadow set.

Demi-resist: 24+6+30+13 = 73%

Wind Resist: 75%

Fire Resist: 70%

Water Resist: 50%

My cast time is all dependant on stats.

Edited by Demeris, 23 July 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#16 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

There's actually a lot of stuff in damage calculations.

Size reduction, racial reduction, elemental reduction, maybe mdef. I just keep it simple and reduce as much element as I can. I also use KBC for more of the elemental reduction.

My set up is:

+12 red pom with leib olmai

Mistress sunnies

Mob scarf

Wind armor

Cranial Valk Shield

+14 Safety Rod

Jakk FWskin (bonus +15% health with temp boots). If you use Nidd garb, you can add an additional 7% resist to all elements.

+9 Firelock Temp Dex Boots

KBC Waterbrooch

KBC Waterbrooch

Spellflow shadow set.

Demi-resist: 24+6+30+13 = 73%

Wind Resist: 75%

Fire Resist: 70%

Water Resist: 50%

My cast time is all dependant on stats.

I can't afford kafra blossom, but good point with safety rod, definitely gonna add this one

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

safety rod is for acolytes only

#18 Demeris

Demeris