• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Shaethz

Shaethz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

Hello all, I just wanted to post this little guide I put together for everyone who does not have a clue where to level anymore, and could use a little bit of help.

I will be updating bit by bit when I have the time, also feel free to give some more tips of your own, and I will include them in!

Thanks a lot and I hope it helps somebody out..~

Also, in the iROWiki Restart there's a few helpful topics aswell! Check it out:

http://restart.irowiki.org/

=====================================================================================================================================

01-12 Novice Grounds

Just kill everything you can, take the quests from the Swordsman/Mage/Thief/Merchant Job helper, and you'll be Joblevel 10 in no time. I'd advice you to also get the Thief Skillbook, so you learn Double Attack just to make things easier in there.

As far as the Personality Quiz, check this URL to be sure to get your prefered Class picked from the test, it will give you a nice starting weapon which benefits your leveling speed.
http://irowiki.org/w...nds_Novice_Test

Once you've got your weapon and Phracon, be sure to upgrade your first real weapon to +7, do your Jobchange Quest and head on to the next step!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-25/30 Spores (1S, 1W Alberta)

Kill everything in this map. It does not actually matter if you are AGI or VIT based, AGI will just be able to dodge more which leads to less potions used.

Grind your way through this stage, and be sure to safe the Strawberry and Mushroom Spore you get from Spore, they can be sold to players for a decent price.

Items to hold (Sell to players for a good price):

• Strawberry
  • Mushroom Spore

If you have a little zeny to spend, be sure to buy:

• Muffler
  • Shoes
  • Guard/Buckler
  • Some armor. (The slotted novice adventure suit you get can be equipped by any class (not restricted to novice only) and has 45 def. The only armor you can buy from NPC that rivals it is padded armor and up and not every class can use them. The only downside is it cannot be put in kafra, so be wary of that if you want to put a card in it.)  - Thanks DarthaNyan for the tip!

The extra DEF. will reduce the amount of damage you'll take!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25-35 Peco Peco/Boa (1S, 2W Payon)

I usually just grind it out here. As an AGI class you have the benefit here, as a VIT character be careful for the Sonic Blow that Peco Peco uses, and they Assist each other when they are in ranged and getting hit by a Player.. Same as before, just kill everything on sight, since it's all extra EXP. VIT characters should be careful with Peco Peco at first, get around 500 hp so you can tank those Sonic Blows

• Bill of Birds
  • Snake Scale
  • Venom Canine
  • Strawberry
  • Katana[4]
  • Sandals[1]
  • Peco Peco Card

By now you should be able to afford yourself a better weapon. Save up to 20k and buy an upgrade for the beginner's weapon and keep grinding here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35-45 Wolf (2S Payon)

Find a party and kill Wolves, careful of them though! They also Assist just like Peco Peco. Usually best to find a party and kill everything on sight, but you'll be able to manage with a bunch of Red Potions/Novice Potions/Meat.

• Wolf Card
  • Strawberry
  • Animal Skin
  • Wolf Claw
  • Mantle[1] (Might use it yourself if you don't have a better DEF Armor equipped.

Save the Emveretarcon, they are used to upgrade Lvl 2 Weapons.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

45-Jobchange/65 Toy Factory 1-2

Get yourself into a party and slap everything at Toy Factory 2, or solo Toy Factory level 1. I actually partied at Toy Factory from Baselevel 45 to Jobchange, and after that I continued to level at Toy Factory 2, but just solo. Lots of good stuff that drop here, and usually this is the place where people farm to get their first 100k zeny.

• Pearl
  • Manacles
  • Darkgreen Dyestuffs
  • Hood[1]
  • Sandals[1]
  • Chef King Orleans Vol.1
  • Christmas Cookie Card
  • Cookie Card
  • Cruiser Card
  • Myst Case Card

Wellbaked Cookies and Piece of Cake sell for a nice amount with Overcharge 10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Jobchange to 2-1 things get different for the most part. AGI and VIT characters will now pretty much go their separate ways, VIT characters will have their AoE skills while AGI characters will rely on Autoattacks mostly.

I have tested these leveling spots with both AGI and VIT characters and they are compatible for both.

Edited by Shaethz, 24 July 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#2 bessagabriel

bessagabriel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

Good guide!

#3 level1skeleton

level1skeleton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Good post! My only suggestion is to crosspost it to the appropriate class forums here and here. You probably also want to tweak the guide slightly between the thief and swordsman class, if you feel it's necessary. 

#4 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

If you have a little zeny to spend, be sure to buy:

• Some armor.

The slotted novice adventure suit you get can be equipped by any class (not restricted to novice only) and has 45 def. The only armor you can buy from NPC that rivals it is padded armor and up and not every class can use them. The only downside is it cannot be put in kafra, so be wary of that if you want to put a card in it.

#5 Shaethz

Shaethz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Good guide!

Thanks a lot!

Good post! My only suggestion is to crosspost it to the appropriate class forums here and here. You probably also want to tweak the guide slightly between the thief and swordsman class, if you feel it's necessary. 

Will do that! I did not see a Class forum anywhere so posted it here.. I will also tweak the guide piece by piece so it will fit AGI and VIT based characters accordingly later this evening :). Focused on leveling atm! Any input is appreciated!

The slotted novice adventure suit you get can be equipped by any class (not restricted to novice only) and has 45 def. The only armor you can buy from NPC that rivals it is padded armor and up and not every class can use them. The only downside is it cannot be put in kafra, so be wary of that if you want to put a card in it.

Good one! I'll add it right in, thanks for the tip!

#6 Lightout1989

Lightout1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

Can you list steps on how to get to Toy Factory? Just so everyone knows. I'm trying to find Santa in Aldebaran and I can't find him anywhere. /hmm

#7 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

Can we stop with guides telling people 1 map to use. Give some options, the more the better. Otherwise we end up with massively over crowded maps because every guide says the same 1 map. Then people get frustrated over the crowding, but don't know any other options.

#8 tings

tings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:23 AM

Nice guide

#9 level1skeleton

level1skeleton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

Can we stop with guides telling people 1 map to use. Give some options, the more the better. Otherwise we end up with massively over crowded maps because every guide says the same 1 map. Then people get frustrated over the crowding, but don't know any other options.

Crowded maps aren't necessarily terrible, especially when it's easy to jump into a party of 12. In fact, you only need 3 other party members killing at the same rate as you to make more XP than going solo (because 27*4=108). In general, joining a party in a crowded map is faster XP than going solo in a less crowded map.

Can you list steps on how to get to Toy Factory? Just so everyone knows. I'm trying to find Santa in Aldebaran and I can't find him anywhere. /hmm

The NPC is named Link Christmas. You can type (or copy and paste, without quotes) "/navi aldebaran 168/168" and the in game system will navigate you. I also circled his location on the following map: AfsMxwk.jpg

#10 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

• Bill of Birds
  • Snake Scale
  • Venom Canine
  • Animal Skin
  • Wolf Claw
  • Manacles

Why are they in demand, a quest? Arrow Crafting?

#11 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Why are they in demand, a quest? Arrow Crafting?

its for the silvervine npcs to make the figure accessories, or some of the head gears. go to mid pront to take a look.

#12 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

As an alternative to spores you also lvl in Payon caves lvl 1 or smack poporings on poring island (north of the peco map) just watch out for the mini boss spawns

Poison Spores in Geffen Dungeon 1 are also a good alternative to Wolves if can afford the potions as it gets pretty mobby at times, P.Spores also drop, spores, blue herbs, and karvo which can be sold to players.

Just some ideas for a slightly less crowded map

#13 nitaantsingha

nitaantsingha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

just fyi, thief bugs (regular, not female or male) are the best job xp till job 50 first class.

This was not so in the real RO, i don't know why its like this here. but they give 200 job xp each. much mobbier, safer, and faster than wolves or spores or anything else. only avoid if you have no pots or money for pots.

#14 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

just fyi, thief bugs (regular, not female or male) are the best job xp till job 50 first class.

This was not so in the real RO, i don't know why its like this here. but they give 200 job xp each. much mobbier, safer, and faster than wolves or spores or anything else. only avoid if you have no pots or money for pots.

Might wanna consider porcellios. 1.7k hp and 1294 base/1455 job.

#15 Obbahu

Obbahu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

That's a nice guide.

I'd say every drop from Toy Factory F2 is good for selling to players. Well baked cookie, Piece of cake and Candy are used in silvervine headgears quests. (Kafra dolls)

Another good option for 45-job change is orc dungeon F1. As well as porcellios (especially ranged classes)

#16 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

Might wanna consider porcellios. 1.7k hp and 1294 base/1455 job.

How does one get to the porcellios map?

#17 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

How does one get to the porcellios map?

Juno, take the Airship to Einbroch, from there you have to options:

1.- 1 Map South, 1 Map East

2.- Take the train to Einbech, 1 Map South