Server Disconnection - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Server Disconnection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Is this stable or...? will get down again? Any ETA on this?

Just for the WP Staff known, it seems to happen on forums, Classic, Odin, Chaos.

Edited by S207, 24 July 2017 - 09:15 AM.

#2 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

got a recursive ping on this and... 

DOBdi7r.png

#3 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

1,5x exp pls? *-*

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 24 July 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#4 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

1,5x exp pls? *-*

1.5x only? 3x exp and drop rate plox!!!  :p_laugh:

Edited by ChowYunFat, 24 July 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#5 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

1.5x only? 3x exp and drop rate plox!!!  :p_laugh:

I mean double the current event, so 150% on top xd 

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Warpportal is being affected by DDoS.
Please be patient while the staff address the issue, thank you.

#7 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

Yay DDOS event!!! Lets activate 10000% EXP BONUS!!

#8 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

I thought its a running gag if server goes down, it even was on euRO and we got 1 50% exp event a year max, no matter how many times server was down.

Chillax.

#9 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

I thought its a running gag if server goes down, it even was on euRO and we got 1 50% exp event a year max, no matter how many times server was down.

Chillax.

euRO is the king of exp boost events. xD

Either through increased server rate or by boosting their bubble gums (for all who don't know euRO bubble gums: lower headgear that doubles exp from monster kills for 1h, 4h or 24h).

They even had a quadruple exp event recently because triple just isn't special over there anymore.

Edited by kubikyuu, 24 July 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#10 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

Either through increased server rate or by boosting their bubble gums (for all who don't know euRO bubble gums: lower headgear that doubles exp from monster kills for 1h, 4h or 24h).
They even had a quadruple exp event recently because triple just isn't special over there anymore.

That's the double edge sword of exp events. Once you keep giving it to them, it becomes a life style. Once you increase an exp event beyond the limits, player wants it higher. When RO was first release during the beginning of it's life, we had about 2-3 EXP events a year.

Nowadays, EXP events are so frequent that they're given out whenever the GM feels like it or enough players whine when the server goes down. I won't be surprised if someone is intentionally ddosing just to get an event active ;V

Edited by Demeris, 24 July 2017 - 11:08 AM.

#11 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

you are talking about the former fRO now because noone else gave a -_- about this game euRO from end trans/renewal time, 2010.

Im talking about the euRO from 2004 to 2008, Ive seen 1x double exp and like 3 times 1,5x exp, and one 1,5x exp was after the server was lagging for almost 2 months straight. Ive leveled a sage at stings to 99 and I cant tell you how many times I died through sting mobs walking through vFW, game freezes, you suddenly take 10 hits in 0,5 sec, die and the stings rubberband back.

old euRO was stingy as hell in giving out exp events.

@Demeris: you really seem to care a lot about people getting exp. Dude this isnt 2004 anymore, wake up ffs.

. When RO was first release during the beginning of it's life, we had about 2-3 EXP events a year.

lulz.

Noone likes those gaming grandpas who are like "back in my day we had a -3 stick and had to farm porings until lvl 75 because nothing else was implemented in the game. Fly wings? Teleport? We had to walk to any point of rune midgard from novice ground straight up and to acess the storage we had to sacrifice at least 3 pets to odin."

Now I read that the grandpas even got spoonfed from beginning of the server, which you gladly abused. so you look even more ridicilous :- )

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 24 July 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#12 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

I don't mind EXP event, but what's the point of calling them "events" when you're trying to capitalize on a DDOS?

I think it's folks like you who don't understand the importance of balance. Why should a person level during non exp events when they're going to release one every 2 weeks? Why should every server problem lead to people like you requesting some compensation? Why should I ever use a BB when I can increase my chances during drop events?

The GMs knows no ome will play without exp events and that's why they give them out. That's more of a problem that they have when their player are changed due to these frequent changes.

Compare Chaos renewal to restart, so far there hasn't been an exp event and people are still playing it. The mentality right now is that people have deceloped an extreme dependency on them and it's causing players to be inactive when the modifiers are off.

Edited by Demeris, 24 July 2017 - 11:37 AM.

#13 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

I don't mind EXP event, but what's the point of calling them "events" when you're trying to capitalize on a DDOS?

I think it's folks like you who don't understand the importance of balance. Why should a person level during non exp events when they're going to release one every 2 weeks? Why should every server problem lead to people like you requesting some compensation? Why should I ever use a BB when I can increase my chances during drop events?

The GMs knows no ome will play without exp events and that's why they give them out. That's more of a problem that they have when their player are changed due to these frequent changes.

Compare Chaos renewal to restart, so far there hasn't been an exp event and people are still playing it. The mentality right now is that people have deceloped an extreme dependency on them and it's causing players to be inactive when the modifiers are off.

woaht?!?!?! people didnt request a exp event (they did) in a 4 week old server that gives out 100% exp for almost free anyways? On a server with nerfed exp compared to classic RO? O_o youre -_-ting me??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

First you say you dont mind and then you prove once more, like countless times before, that you care a lot. Youre funny. xd

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 24 July 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Umm, restart started with an xp event... it was at 125% from the get-go. 

Not sure if it still is, or if that's the new "base" but it definitely wasn't 1x. 

#15 roromi

roromi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

I am playing restart and I can say that it's much more dead than chaos

#16 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

you are talking about the former fRO now because noone else gave a -_- about this game euRO from end trans/renewal time, 2010.

Im talking about the euRO from 2004 to 2008, Ive seen 1x double exp and like 3 times 1,5x exp, and one 1,5x exp was after the server was lagging for almost 2 months straight. Ive leveled a sage at stings to 99 and I cant tell you how many times I died through sting mobs walking through vFW, game freezes, you suddenly take 10 hits in 0,5 sec, die and the stings rubberband back.

old euRO was stingy as hell in giving out exp events.

I know how bad grinding a Sage was on Burda-euRO, I did it myself multiple times. :P

I just thought you meant whybe-euRO (also called fRO-euRO) because that's what 99.9% of the people I know mean when talking about euRO today.

#17 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

dead? I thought its perma lagging because of all dem play0rz  :p_laugh:

I know how bad grinding a Sage was on Burda-euRO, I did it myself multiple times.  :P

I just thought you meant whybe-euRO (also called fRO-euRO) because that's what 99.9% of the people I know mean when talking about euRO today.

haha, I like you :D

Ive quit euRO 2 years before it merged with fRO, and if i didnt have til then, I wouldve at that point. Burda had its flaws, but fRO...*shivers*

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 24 July 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#18 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

The problem right now is that you guys don't have a working server. Things may change once they can get it stabilized. I don't think they were expecting the server to be so popular.

#19 pedrocombo

pedrocombo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Warpportal is being affected by DDoS.

:sob:

Edited by pedrocombo, 24 July 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#20 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

That's the double edge sword of exp events. Once you keep giving it to them, it becomes a life style. Once you increase an exp event beyond the limits, player wants it higher. When RO was first release during the beginning of it's life, we had about 2-3 EXP events a year.

Nowadays, EXP events are so frequent that they're given out whenever the GM feels like it or enough players whine when the server goes down. I won't be surprised if someone is intentionally ddosing just to get an event active ;V

Frequent exp events are also bad because it completely kills the server in between those events. People will just wait until the next event and not do much when no exp event is on.

I do really like the Bounty Boards however, would be nice to see some in Verus to make that spot more viable.

A change of scenery can do a lot when it comes to grinding motivation.

haha, I like you :D

Ive quit euRO 2 years before it merged with fRO, and if i didnt have til then, I wouldve at that point. Burda had its flaws, but fRO...*shivers*

The best thing about fRO-euRO is that the company running it renamed itself to WhyBe Online. :heh:

That name sums up your thoughts when you look at what they are doing/play on that server. xD

Edited by kubikyuu, 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#21 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

its 15 years to late for iRO to whine about exp events now but demeris needs another 10 to realize this i guess.

#22 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Frequent exp events are also bad because it completely kills the server in between those events. People will just wait until the next event and not do much when no exp event is on.
I do really like the Bounty Boards however, would be nice to see some in Verus to make that spot more viable.
A change of scenery can do a lot when it comes to grinding motivation.

The best thing about fRO-euRO is that the company running it renamed itself to WhyBe Online. :heh:
That name sums up your thoughts when you look at what they are doing/play on that server. xD

EXP event became a need rather than a bonus. That is my exact problem with how EXP events are distributed. I afk in lhz and it's always empty when EXP event isn't around. Now I see people around only during EXP events and I'm sad to see where this server will be going towards when no one wants to play on default rates.

Bt it's not my problem. My buyer gets to level faster and I'm cool with that.

#23 BlackEdge

BlackEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

harsh grinding may stop new players from playing, rather almost all my friends quit

#24 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

Yay DDOS event!!! Lets activate 10000% EXP BONUS!!

​Let's begin the sacred 10000% EXP bonus ritual

​*Sacrifices a lot of Virgins*

#25 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

​Let's begin the sacred 10000% EXP bonus ritual

​*Sacrifices a lot of Virgins*

Dear Lord, please accept Icarus05 as my offering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users