Login Server Issues, What to do if you think something happened, and what were doing. - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Login Server Issues, What to do if you think something happened, and what were doing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#26 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

In my opinion the compensation is sufficient. I have not lost so many VIP days ... I mean, it's only been in the last 3 or 4 days that the situation has become impossible. Before that I reached level 84 very calmly with my assassin

#27 MrPerry

MrPerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Server:RE Start

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

In my opinion the compensation is sufficient. I have not lost so many VIP days ... I mean, it's only been in the last 3 or 4 days that the situation has become impossible. Before that I reached level 84 very calmly with my assassin

yeah thats what i thought too i play since nearly the beginning and got one char 74 and one 80 without much laggs only the past few days were horror, we can sit here and tell that they may be some bad desicions before the server opened but now we need to work with what we got, let us cheer campitor and his team behind him abit up that we as plaers belive that they do what they can ^^

7 days vip is fair and i bought vip for 3 months i dont even care xD i just want to play and ahve some fun ^^

#28 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

the lag depends on what map server you are on.

just because you weren't on maps that were unplayable doesn't mean it wasn't for other players.

#29 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

It's not so much about this week being a disaster, but the expectations of when things will "stabilize" given that it'll only be one week of compensation after it's resolved. Hopefully not many people purchased long VIP time or they risk losing more than 1 week of what they paid for.

#30 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Did not lag at all on Gh maps all weekend. Free VIP for a boss arrite

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

So wait, the servers have been running like crap for almost three weeks, and those of us who paid for VIP are only getting 7 days back?

As posted above, rental mounts should be compensated, as should gum/manuals that have been wasted due to not being able to play when it is too laggy.

If you used item mall consumables and didn't get the full effect ticket in and the GMs will do right by you. I am updating the OP with this as well.

#32 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Are tickets about accounts missing items and such from this login failure going to be pushed to the front? Really freaks out players knowing their accounts aren't safe in this lag. The compensation seems really weak considering what's happening.

I also hope players are punished from abusing a bug but I know that's probably asking for too much.

Edited by Ambur, 24 July 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Are tickets about accounts missing items and such from this login failure going to be pushed to the front? Really freaks out players knowing their accounts aren't safe in this lag. The compensation seems really weak considering what's happening.

I also hope players are punished from abusing a bug but I know that's probably asking for too much.

Yes tickets are being pushed to the front and yes anyone who knowingly abused the situation is getting banned. 

#34 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thank you so much Camp.

I really appreciate the transparency of your post. This is exactly what we want: Openness, and a sense that the powers that be are fighting for us to have the best experience possible. Again, thanks. Most reassuring post in weeks.

#35 MrKrzYch00

MrKrzYch00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

Tried to delete character, it said my e-mail was wrong (though I copy pasted it from notepad few times to make sure). After relogging in and again copy-pasting, it worked. So server either fetched some other e-mail for my account during that time (quitting from map to char) or something else happened, well, some kinda racing condition?

Maybe this info will be useful for some further investigation.

Edited by MrKrzYch00, 24 July 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#36 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

I just spent the past 2 hours farming pasanas in sphinx and had no lag at all... i just thought id throw it out there cause people were complaining that the lag in morroc areas is awful.

And about the consumables... you guys should stop milking the situation, you knew the server has/had lag issues and yet still chose to open apparently so many of those BMs and Gums. If you popped one of those and noticed lag, noone forced you to stay online in that moment and waste the timer. Could have easily logged off, stop the countdown, and proceed later.

#37 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

I just spent the past 2 hours farming pasanas in sphinx and had no lag at all... i just thought id throw it out there cause people were complaining that the lag in morroc areas is awful.

It's only because the server crashed. The lag is always gone for a while when that happens.

#38 MechMasterNZ

MechMasterNZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for looking in to the issue about the DDOS, but can we please have an update or at least know when and what you'll be implementing to sort out this bot issue, because that seems to be the main reason for all the lag etc.

I agree with most people here, that we are paying for a service, and that legitimate players shouldn't have to suffer because other players with less morals are bombarding the server with bots and therefore giving the players a laggy and uplayable experience

#39 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Free VIP for a boss arrite

That.... is a good friggin point. Id only suggest vip comp for already existing vip users. And instead maybe 10% exp increase for a day or two server wide, not drops just exp

#40 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

So bots are also going to get the free vip? Great!

#41 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

The studio is speeding their efforts on anti bot and looking into the issue.

#42 SmoshySmosh

SmoshySmosh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:SmoshySmosh
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

The studio is speeding their efforts on anti bot and looking into the issue.

Who are you referring to when you say 'the studio'?

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Who are you referring to when you say 'the studio'?

The game studio at Gravity Corp in South Korea.

#44 SmoshySmosh

SmoshySmosh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:SmoshySmosh
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

The game studio at Gravity Corp in South Korea.

Are they also able to address the scaling issue? I don't know much about the current state of AEGIS, but other members have said pRO has upwards of 10k active members and the servers don't experience any lag.

#45 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

tro/pro run on aegis est 2011 we run from 2015+ god knows what madness gravity has put in during those years to cause issues

#46 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

The DDOS is not their fault indeed, but several things before that is or might be - not sure how much Campitor (and other admins?) is actually allowed to do or change on their own, and even though heavily limiting their own mainGM is shooting themselves in the leg, that might still be what's happening.

Regardless, I'm still patiently waiting for a proper anti-bot shield and lag fix in general. But the game is completely unplayable at the moment, at least the maps where my chars are.

Don't hold your breath, they have been promising these items since 2004-2005.

#47 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Ddos... Someone must be buthurt.

#48 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:06 AM

Ddos... Someone must be buthurt.

Yeah, the Botters are probably upset at the idea that Gravity is working on a Botshield for us. :heh:

#49 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

Are we going to get a map redistribution this week? Fishing event also needs to be extended.

#50 tineke

tineke

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

It did feel like DoS yesterday because even forums were out for a while. Botter got banned and payed for a minute or two of DDoS service? Seems likely.

Anyway keep fighting the good fight. Thanks for keeping us informed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users