Login Server Issues, What to do if you think something happened, and what were doing. - Page 7 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Login Server Issues, What to do if you think something happened, and what were doing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#151 mvpknight

mvpknight

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:40 AM

nvr fix the lags and daily multiple lengthy disconnects, not to mention gm's in game not for players or assistance but only for bot catching. plus simply banning accounts for 50years haha. shouldnt be named ragnarok restart. lagnarok? madnarok? think why ur server keeps getting atk and hacked ya

#152 TheAzureLight

TheAzureLight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationThe Abbys~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

They came up, was in game for about 5 mins, then D/C'd from both accounts, and cant log in yet again lol

#153 Nubepop

Nubepop

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:14 AM

:S

#154 alt0

alt0

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

Even the forums where down now.

It is the bots revolution I tell you, Skynet is controlling them. :wah:

#155 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

I swear, I do know something about computers, but I don't understand how it's possible to log in to another account.

The end point should compare the username and password, and return the user's authentication. How the hell is giving information from other account? And I know it is, it also happened to me.

Failures like these tend to have thier core in caching issues.

For example if your server cant handle a certain amount of calls efficently, but you dont really want to have an slow queue line, you just cache it up.

What can happen though is that the databases get mixed that should send a result.  

So if you call ID 184124  that is your account on one database ,you instead land on ID 18412 on the other server.

The point is your login auth was already made and ok , but the cache just sendet back the wrong table ,or id.

I dont know the infrastructe that ro uses or warp portal, but this kind of problem seems pretty reasonable enough in this scenario:

- Server that is already under a lot of pressure

- There are no long queue for login 

- User dont get message for wrong authentification but the get a wrong character (Database result)

- The Server is under even more stress to the point of collaps under a DDoS

#156 Roudan

Roudan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

Most of the bots are ran by gold farming companies and solo peeps trying to make a quick buck...

If people didn't buy from them, there would be no profit from farming on Ragnarok. Thus spending time and resources on the game would be pointless, and there wouldn't be 3k+ bots running on a server...

The problem isn't just the bots; it's their customers too.

Edited by Roudan, 27 July 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#157 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

im wondering someone gets onto our account and takes items will they be returned i spent 3 weeks grinding for my stuff lol

#158 Gichi

Gichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

servers down, every thread i try to follow to get an update keeps getting locked, any news about trying to get the server back up or they give up for today?

#159 xenovation

xenovation

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Suck service!! Hire full timers but server down many hours and can't fix anything!!

I would fire my staff if they work like that.

#160 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

servers down, every thread i try to follow to get an update keeps getting locked, any news about trying to get the server back up or they give up for today?

Campitor has just posted an update, please visit the following thread:

https://forums.warpp...status-offline/

#161 Roudan

Roudan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

im wondering someone gets onto our account and takes items will they be returned i spent 3 weeks grinding for my stuff lol

In theory you're responsible for your own account security so if someone gains access to it either by illegal means, or account-sharing with a friend turned sour, WP don't have to compensate. However, I have heard of cases where people have had their items returned to them after being 'hacked'. So it is possible. If there was a huge database breach and accounts were stolen, I'd imagine WP would do everything in their power to return everyone's accounts though (and compensate too I'd imagine).

#162 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

They are returning them. You just might need to double check it's everything. Like they give back the wrong amount of zeny, etc.

Edit: Should add this is a fault with the game login, so players aren't to be blamed. They are using their own information and being logged into the wrong accounts. Scumbags abusing it and stealing the items should be getting banned (least Campitor said they would be).

Edited by Ambur, 27 July 2017 - 08:45 AM.

#163 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

They are returning them. You just might need to double check it's everything. Like they give back the wrong amount of zeny, etc.

Edit: Should add this is a fault with the game login, so players aren't to be blamed. They are using their own information and being logged into the wrong accounts. Scumbags abusing it and stealing the items should be getting banned (least Campitor said they would be).

I've personally banned a few. A couple were even linked to a bot ring that I then shut down.

#164 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

I've personally banned a few. A couple were even linked to a bot ring that I then shut down.

Not all heroes wear capes

#165 Hexess

Hexess

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Not all heroes wear capes

522rD5n.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users