I have questions! =) - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I have questions! =)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hanz

Hanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCalfornia

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

I stopped playing RO about end of 2005, early 2006. Gave away ALL my gear back then and just came back a little over a week ago. There's a lot for me to catch up with! I'm hoping to get some information quickly, as well as maybe hear some "opinions" on certain things ;) some of the questions might be off, my memory is quite fuzzy, slowly clearing up as I play. (just remembered today that hidden temple exists)

EQUIPMENT AND GEARS
1.(+7 NYD vs +8Valk Mant) for an immune. In terms of tanking MVP and pulling mobs, I know this is generally preference, but what would you recommend? The +7% reduction from the NYD, or 20%+ reflect damage from the Valkyrie Manteau? I'm mostly looking for a Lord Knight, but considering interchangeability with other classes.

Gameplay Mechanics & Stuff
2.Upgrading skill on whitesmiths: Is it true that a lvl 99 whitesmith job 70 whitesmith (with dex/luk i'm assuming?) will have a better upgrading chance than enriched items? ...and if so, what are the difference in chances?

3.Where are items being traded for exp? How does it work? And how much exp do you get, etc? If thereâ??s a link to the information posted somewhere, would be very useful ï?

4.Battlefields: Is there a comprehensive guide anywhere? I kind of get it, but still trying to figure it out completely. There are two types of points? Andâ?¦ medals? (so 3 total?) what about the KVM stuff? Is it all the same? Can the acquired items be traded or are the bound?

5.HE battle manuals: I know itâ??s traded somewhere somehow for some kind of pointsâ?¦ any details?? XD

6.OCA: Did they take out boss cards from OCA now? I don't see any on the database list now. Is that why OCA's went down so much? I also don't see slotted sunglasses in OPB/OBB's now too.

7.Cooking? Cooking?? Can any class do it? Is there a quest to have this option? What determines the success? I want details! :D I don't see pastry on the list, how do I get pastry?

I'm sure I have more questions, but it's too much to think of all at once. This for now! :( Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Hanz, 05 August 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#2 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

So much has changed in 6 years. I'm in the same shoes as the poster. Maybe rolling on Ymir was a bad move since everyone is so closed group. It's hard to find info/ parties.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

:D Welcome back to RO!

To better answer your questions, browse through this site: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page It'll have all the information you'll need and more.

So much has changed in 6 years. I'm in the same shoes as the poster. Maybe rolling on Ymir was a bad move since everyone is so closed group. It's hard to find info/ parties.

The population on Ymir is sparse and spread out. If you need help, contact someone from the Official Welcoming Committee or join a guild in the Guild Hall.

#4 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

EQUIPMENT AND GEARS
1.(+7 NYD vs +8Valk Mant) for an immune. In terms of tanking MVP and pulling mobs, I know this is generally preference, but what would you recommend? The +7% reduction from the NYD, or 20%+ reflect damage from the Valkyrie Manteau? I'm mostly looking for a Lord Knight, but considering interchangeability with other classes.
I would go with the NYD, most people seem to be heading that way and with renewal, the new gear will take over. I think most will agree the Valk set is still great, but it has been declining in demand in favor of the NYD.

2.Upgrading skill on whitesmiths: Is it true that a lvl 99 whitesmith job 70 whitesmith (with dex/luk i'm assuming?) will have a better upgrading chance than enriched items? ...and if so, what are the difference in chances?
My understanding is the Mastersmith at Job 70, has +10 better chance over the NPC.

3.Where are items being traded for exp? How does it work? And how much exp do you get, etc? If thereâ??s a link to the information posted somewhere, would be very useful ï?
My link

4.Battlefields: Is there a comprehensive guide anywhere? I kind of get it, but still trying to figure it out completely. There are two types of points? Andâ?¦ medals? (so 3 total?) what about the KVM stuff? Is it all the same? Can the acquired items be traded or are the bound?
They can not be traded, when at the above link navigate around to main page, there is a link there to see Battle grounds info.
5.HE battle manuals: I know itâ??s traded somewhere somehow for some kind of pointsâ?¦ any details?? XD

6.OCA: Did they take out boss cards from OCA now? I don't see any on the database list now. Is that why OCA's went down so much? I also don't see slotted sunglasses in OPB/OBB's now too.
OCA no longer drops MVP cards. Slotted Sunnies are very Rare now, sell for Billions. :(

7.Cooking? Cooking?? Can any class do it? Is there a quest to have this option? What determines the success? I want details! :D I don't see pastry on the list, how do I get pastry?
Not 100% sure on this, but there is a quest for cooking.

Hope this helps...

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

I stopped playing RO about end of 2005, early 2006. Gave away ALL my gear back then and just came back a little over a week ago. There's a lot for me to catch up with! I'm hoping to get some information quickly, as well as maybe hear some "opinions" on certain things :unsure: some of the questions might be off, my memory is quite fuzzy, slowly clearing up as I play. (just remembered today that hidden temple exists)

Hidden Temple? What's that? (nobody goes there) Welcome back.

EQUIPMENT AND GEARS

You need both - a nyd for damage reduction, and a valk for when you need reflect. There are times that you _need_ reflect, because when you pull some kinds of monsters, they will change targets if you don't use reflect gear.

+10% rate at j70. This makes a smith: Better going +9->+10 (since enrich doesn't apply), equal to enriched at +7->8 and +8->9 on lvl 4 weapons (which are 20% base chance, 30% with enriched). I don't have the upgrade chance chart handy, they may be equal to enriched on some of the final upgrades on other weapon levels. At lower refine rates, the enriched npc is better, but of course it costs RL money, while the smith doesn't. So it's a tradeoff based on the value of the weapons and how much RL $$$ you have.
Unless you're playing on Valkyrie, the free server, where there is no benefit to using enriched past the safe limit (and stuff can break below safe limit without enriched), so the mastersmith upgrade is always better after safe limit.
Remember that you can't upgrade armor with it, only weapons

Available from Lucky Boxes and other cash-shop related events (party hard packs)

5 years ago OCA was 2-5m Now they're 25m. OCA's never dropped MVP cards, only the miniboss cards - which they do drop on Ymir, but do not drop on Valkyrie.

7.Cooking? Cooking?? Can any class do it? Is there a quest to have this option? What determines the success? I want details! :o I don't see pastry on the list, how do I get pastry?

[b] Yes, any class can do it. Look it up on the wiki. The kafra shop stat foods pretty much killed ingame cooking though

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 August 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

I would prioritize the nyd though, because there are other (filir hat) ways to get reflect.

#7 Hanz

Hanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCalfornia

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

Hahaha... thanks guys... especially for the laughs and the links. It's definitely helpful to know where the resources are nowadays too. :unsure: It's been fun so far to be back.

#8 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

From the stuff that D left out..

1) For defense, Nyd is better. For offense, Valk is better. Depends which role you're playing in party.

2) For this, stats do not affect success rate. Only job level. You get a +.5% chance of overupgrading per job level over 50. For some upgrades, enriched oridecon is better, for others, the mastersmith skill is.

Upgrade level 3 and 4 weapons
+4 -> +5 enriched > mastersmith (within safe level for level 3)
+5 -> +6 enriched > mastersmith
+6 -> +7 enriched > mastersmith
+7 -> +8 enriched = mastersmith
+8 -> +9 enriched = mastersmith
+9 -> +10 mastersmith > enriched

3) At the moment, the most popular items are Anolian Skins, Dokebi Horns, Antelope Horns, and Frills.

4) IroWiki has a guide for that: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Battleground

5) He battle manuals come from random box events. The idea is you pay real money for kafra points, then use those points to buy a box that will give you random items. The item list for each event is different.

6) MVP might drop from Mystical Card Album...but I'm not sure of the rates.

7) Any class can do cooking. It's a quest obtained skill. Dex, Luk, and cooking experience up to 400 attempts is what affects stat food creation.

#9 Hanz

Hanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCalfornia

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Thanks Ceer :unsure:

I just read up on the battlegrounds and did some more research. I am assuming it's like WoE/PvP without the experience loss for death. For battlegrounds though, is there a good way to go about doing this if you don't have a party? I know that most people farm, but I don't have a group to do this with, so I'd literally just jump right in or something if possible. I wouldn't mind losing I guess haha...

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

It's common for people to just jump in when BG is running (and generally you try to get onto the winning side if they can - 90% of the time when BG is running it's being farmed - i only bother doing BG if it's being farmed, it's just too slow and boring otherwise. )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users