• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Matticusness

Matticusness

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

I don't think this is necessarily a scam?? But she got me b/c I was in a hurry when the servers came back up. :(
Name: [Removed]

Selling Silvervine [10] Boxes for 90k Zenny.

below is a screenshot of her

mxyc3o7.jpg

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.
Removed, posting name of user accused of ill-mannered behavior on forums is not allowed. Edited image.

#2 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Sadly it has been happening since server open. :( People are just scummy.

#3 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

There is no rule stating what price a merchant can market their goods at.

#4 Zero23ku

Zero23ku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMemeland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Can someone explain to me what is the scam?

#5 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

There isn't one.

#6 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

It's not a scam, it's just people taking advantage of those who aren't careful. Cause silverbox 100 and 10 look exactly the same visually, a lot of merchants mix them together for the same price.

#7 Matticusness

Matticusness

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

All I'm trying to do is to remind people there are a-holes out there like this and no matter how much of a hurry you might be in... always check both the item and the price :) :( :) :(

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

There isn't one, but they are hoping people are in a rush and don't check the quantity they are purchasing.

#9 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

There was a dude following my vendor around in game and opening a store with almost the exact same name as mine and right next to me. Only difference is that he put up an unslotted muffler and shoes in his store as opposed to the slotted ones in mine. Be careful when you buy anything off a vend, people are scummy and are hoping to take advantage of someone not paying attention.

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

There was a dude following my vendor around in game and opening a store with almost the exact same name as mine and right next to me. Only difference is that he put up an unslotted muffler and shoes in his store as opposed to the slotted ones in mine. Be careful when you buy anything off a vend, people are scummy and are hoping to take advantage of someone not paying attention.

Now that is a scam and pretty despicable.

#11 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, I had to log off for a while, then move my vendor to a different part of Pront. But his names were not misleading (meaning if I had "Mufflers[1], Shoes[1]" in mine he just had "Mufflers, Shoes" in his shop name). He also priced his like 10-20k lower than mine.

I don't know if that's reportable, but yeah it is despicable.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

In this world there are many etiquettes. If people choose to live like a dog, you cant stop them lol

#13 Matticusness

Matticusness

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

In this world there are many etiquettes. If people choose to live like a dog, you cant stop them lol

technically the GMs could if they wanted.. to promote a healthier gaming environment :P but they wont.

#14 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

technically the GMs could if they wanted.. to promote a healthier gaming environment :P but they wont.

Then the economy would no longer be player driven if we had manners police running around telling people what they can sell and at what price.

#15 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

At least they should make visual diferentes between the different types of silverboxes, a change pf color at least

#16 Fiote

Fiote

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

It's not a scam, it's just people taking advantage of those who aren't careful. Cause silverbox 100 and 10 look exactly the same visually, a lot of merchants mix them together for the same price.

There isn't one, but they are hoping people are in a rush and don't check the quantity they are purchasing.

Both are the same to me. They're trying to take advantage of people who do not pay the proper attention when buying. Just different levels of scamness.

#17 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Actually, as an EVE Online Player looking at this; it is no different than a Jita Contract Scam where you advertise it as one time in chat but it is in reality another cheaper look-alike item and hope someone does not notice.

So yes, it is a Scam but one you can't really do much about but pay close attention to the items.

#18 SmokieDude

SmokieDude

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think it's a little much to call it a scam, buyer beware and all that.  I've learned the lesson the hard way myself more than a few times over the years but unfortunately, it is on the buyer at the end of the day to make sure you're getting the right item.  

With that said, I did like someone's idea of making the boxes different colors or something to help prevent people falling for it, but I think that should be the extent of it.

#19 Kryz

Kryz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Just don't rush when spending your hard earned zeny and you'll be fine...

#20 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

There was a player in izlude two days ago asking for only 500z and he was being polite so i really saw no issue with it and gave it out, he said thanks and vanished, he then came straight back and was asking the same thing until someone gave him again 500z. he then went away and came straight back and did the same thing. unreal.. lol. 

#21 Zero23ku

Zero23ku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMemeland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Then the economy would no longer be player driven if we had manners police running around telling people what they can sell and at what price.

I think there is a big different between charging 2m for a jellopy and mixing items that looks almost the same just to sell cheapers one and higher prices

#22 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

I think there is a big different between charging 2m for a jellopy and mixing items that looks almost the same just to sell cheapers one and higher prices

Items are worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. If somebody wants to sell Jellopy for 2m, who cares? Same thing with slotted and unslotted gears, if you happen to buy it, that's your problem and your fault for not paying attention.

#23 shiroyuuki

shiroyuuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos // Re:Start

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

There was a player in izlude two days ago asking for only 500z and he was being polite so i really saw no issue with it and gave it out, he said thanks and vanished, he then came straight back and was asking the same thing until someone gave him again 500z. he then went away and came straight back and did the same thing. unreal.. lol. 

Haha well, they are whom we call beggars. Aren't they the same in real-life? you give beggars $100, they will still go to others and ask for more.

----------------------------------------------

And while we're on the topic about 'scammers', wait until you start seeing a-holes selling 'well-ripened strawberries' bought at 20z each from pet groomer, for 500z ea fooling ppl that they are the SP Strawberries.

so yeah, no matter how much in hurry you are, spending extra 5 seconds to check the item wouldn't hurt. And always use ragial when you can and by right you should never get into the wrong shop.

Edited by shiroyuuki, 25 July 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#24 Dimaryp

Dimaryp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

Another thing I keep seeing is people selling forging supplies for ridiculous prices. Like a Golden Anvil for 1 million zeny or an Oridecon Hammer for 150k when you can go to Geffen and buy them from the Blacksmith shop.

#25 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:54 AM

People saying it isn't a scam are absolutely delusional.

But on the other hand if you fall for such a dopey, obvious scam you deserved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users