38 replies to this topic

#1 Dalaftl

Dalaftl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

Heya!

Did you scrap the intention of creating Frigg?

No post or any info in ETA

Or whats the holdup?

Edited by Dalaftl, 26 July 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#2 Littlechill

Littlechill

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Plz new server.

Preferably without bots. Make it happen plz.

#3 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Plz new server.

Preferably without bots. Make it happen plz.

You can dream but it will always get demolished regardless...

"If they mix odin and friggz with its massive amount of bots inside it i can smell economy blowing up the instance they do..."

"cough mostlikely the botter/ who makes zennies to USD will mostlikely.... use it to double their gains and sell more to players..."

They should have disabled restarts registers when the load was too much and started killing the server

It would have vastly Hampered the botter's number while they destroy the current ones... (*To reduce the load*)

But nope...

(*They wanted new players to stay so they made a new one*)

Or

Had someone scout the massive bot army moving every map that were offensively harassing and looting players o_o" (*Reducing the load*)

I swear they are so easy to read "They are all moving in one direction that they can make a choo-choo train out of themselves..." 

And now we have Friggz... in a few months it will demolish economy unless they wipe out the bots there first then mixed with the original server Odin...

(But its impossibru when they can't handle one server already) :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

They never expected restart to be so popular...  :yawn: but since zeny sellers find this place a good place to make USD's there are spammers growing in prontera now like pests...

to begin with the game was released during open beta the whole server was flooded  :wah:  :wah:  way worse than this...

so its surprising why in only 4000-5000 players the server suddenly started to collapse to lag... :questionmark:

their solution is odd, or they simply following orders from their higher-ups...

all i can say this feels like a cash grab so ill just watch until they try getting their act together...

and start actually hammering those sellers harassing the new players :pif:  with their robot army of farmville

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Heya!

Did you scrap the intention of creating Frigg?

No post or any info in ETA

Or whats the holdup?

Unfortunately the issues with the login server is putting it on hold for now as all effort has been moved to fixing that problem, There would be no point in launching a new server if no one can log in.

#5 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

God bless. Dont care about the reason. But:

There would be no point in launching a new server full of bots.

Edited by roflcopter123456, 26 July 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#6 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Can you at least tell us if you considered what half this forum suggested about making it vip only/buy2play?

#7 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

id start on it if youd make it p2p.

#8 Reniz

Reniz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

id start on it if youd make it p2p.

I second this, I would rather play on a server without the insane ammount of bots and pay for it, then play on a server with so many bots and so much lag that its unplayable.

I used to pay to play for ragnarok online back in the day, best memories of my online gaming.

#9 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

as long as it is not too much, like 5 dolars

#10 Reniz

Reniz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

as long as it is not too much, like 5 dolars

Simply make it VIP only no fuzz no trouble.

#11 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

You guys realize bots were still a big issue back during the P2P days?
Bots are either:
1: people who enjoy the game yet for some reason not playing it.
2: gold sellers who make much more than $40-50 a month

You might slow them down a tiny bit but more than likely it just scares off new players and bots keep on botting. And then the server dies even faster. Gold sellers make a ton more than their sub cost.

I want P2P purely to ditch the pay2win garbage shop. But it won't hurt bots much. Especially not until protections are made.

#12 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Bots are either:

You might slow them down a tiny bit but more than likely it just scares off new players and bots keep on botting. And then the server dies even faster. Gold sellers make a ton more than their sub cost.

I want P2P purely to ditch the pay2win garbage shop. But it won't hurt bots much. Especially not until protections are made.

I still dont think a p2p server will have 3k bots like a f2p server does, everyone knows p2p is not going to stop bots but it makes it way better and whats with all the people whining about the pay2win stuff, seems like most doesnt know what pay2win is.

#13 pi7sen

pi7sen

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Opens or not?

#14 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

From what I remember, most of the bots in the old days were playing 30 day free trials. +1 to the idea of a monthly payment only server, I'd move over to that. Turn off woe pots there and it'd be perfect. :heh:

Edited by kochanneo, 27 July 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#15 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

Bots are either:

You cant even compare p2p with f2p bots lol. Back in the days there were 2-10% bots (depending on server), nowadays its easily 60% bots, maybe 70.

Now they can run 50 bots on 2 medium PCs without risking anything at all. if they pay 7bucks per account thats 350bucks a month u invest with the risk of getting caught and losing a lot of money.

Dont be delusional pls.

#16 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

Yep better make it Vip only server the new server, and leave the old server for its own downfall, since you pretty much cant do anything to a server who have 75% of population botting already, but once you make a new server with only VIP, they require to spend money into it to even play, if they cheat they will for sure get faster banned, then you guys found a way for money incomming right? ;)

Warpportal thats hitting 2 flies together, when doing that.

#17 SirFashion

SirFashion

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

I would recommend buy to play model for frigg or a third server that doesnt get merged to the already messed up odin.

• $5-10 usd to create a game account for this new server and 15 days to 1 month of VIP status (a good way to tease players with VIP benefits).
  • Additional to this VIP status will always be available to purchase.
  • You dont need to remove Kafra Shop but rework silverine system (quest that give more silverine per turn in) and set woe pots on a higher price.
  • Weekends with double exp/drop rates (around 0.25 increased rate). 

I really would love to know what people think about this model.

Gold Sellers will always find a way to bot but in this case i can assure odin is full of actual players botting. I mean, just see how bad they are programmed.

With this model every ban will be worth some money for WP and we would get less hiccups because players would think twice before setting a bot.

#18 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:06 AM

They could freeze all accs and make us pay 2 dollar or 3 to unlock it and u get some days of VIP and xxx/x KP as a one time deal, after that you purchase WP as usual. The bot accs with very valueable loot will still be unlocked but a lot of zeny generated would be prevented because people might not bother to unlock them. It wouldnt solve the bot issue but it might bring it to a endureable level until they finally, for -_-s sake, get a bot protection that works.

If they cant manage this in max a year they might as well leave the server til it generates no money anymore and shut it down.

#19 destiny921

destiny921

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

The thing about "VIP-only" server or subscription model which bugs me is $$$. Money doesn't grow on trees.... That goes for a lot of us. Not to mention with the currency rates and all... I would only make the purchase if they deliver...properly. No/minimal bots, as smooth as possible server, etc. I mean, some of the maps don't show when the cursor hovers over the world view much less the right correlation of monsters.

So. No.

Honestly, it IS possible to be an f2p game AND not have bots or at least minimize it. The anti-bot system is one, but how long will it take for them to implement it is a different thing entirely. It is possible that by the time they've implemented it, the game will be dead.

Which is honestly, sad. Because this game has potential.

Another thing is, if they're splitting the population deliberately, I'm out. I've made a lot of good friends on Odin and dammit I'm not giving them up to the "let's make another server and make people play that instead of Odin" aka Frigg for freaking server balance.

On a more objective note, there's quite a few guilds established in Odin already, plus groups of friends and parties. Splitting everyone up will only hurt in the long run. Heck, some are even prepping for WoE though details haven't been given.

But in the current state, WoE would be unplayable with the lag and server issues. Skill-casting delays, movement delays - it wouldn't even be War of Emperium. You might as well call it the War of Mannequins or the War of Disconnecting.

(I mean come on, I DC-ed 5 times in Orc Dungeon and found out I died and lost exp that 5 times... In one day. And I'm not a freaking VIP player cause money. If I'm gonna throw cash at this, the game better be worth it. Right now, I'm split 50-50. It's by sheer will of the facts that I have good friends and a decent amount of chill that I don't rage.)

#20 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

The bot problem on here is like the flood on Halo, With P2P a lot of people would probably just go back to their xbox's/ps4s private servers and in extreme cases their family's. 

#21 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

The thing about "VIP-only" server or subscription model which bugs me is $$$. Money doesn't grow on trees.... That goes for a lot of us. Not to mention with the currency rates and all... I would only make the purchase if they deliver...properly. No/minimal bots, as smooth as possible server, etc. I mean, some of the maps don't show when the cursor hovers over the world view much less the right correlation of monsters.

So. No.

Honestly, it IS possible to be an f2p game AND not have bots or at least minimize it. The anti-bot system is one, but how long will it take for them to implement it is a different thing entirely. It is possible that by the time they've implemented it, the game will be dead.

Which is honestly, sad. Because this game has potential.

Another thing is, if they're splitting the population deliberately, I'm out. I've made a lot of good friends on Odin and dammit I'm not giving them up to the "let's make another server and make people play that instead of Odin" aka Frigg for freaking server balance.

On a more objective note, there's quite a few guilds established in Odin already, plus groups of friends and parties. Splitting everyone up will only hurt in the long run. Heck, some are even prepping for WoE though details haven't been given.

But in the current state, WoE would be unplayable with the lag and server issues. Skill-casting delays, movement delays - it wouldn't even be War of Emperium. You might as well call it the War of Mannequins or the War of Disconnecting.

(I mean come on, I DC-ed 5 times in Orc Dungeon and found out I died and lost exp that 5 times... In one day. And I'm not a freaking VIP player cause money. If I'm gonna throw cash at this, the game better be worth it. Right now, I'm split 50-50. It's by sheer will of the facts that I have good friends and a decent amount of chill that I don't rage.)

servers and the wage for those who maintain it dont grow on trees as well, in case you are thinking this.

Heres another fact for you, I guess u need them. You say this game can be maintained by being f2p, I guess the only (bad, but still the only) argument you can bring in the field that theres a cashshop. Let me break it to you, the odin cashshop is filled with a lot of trash. The only thing really valueable in there are the WoE pots, which bring an astounding ~2-5 cents. How many you think will be needed to pay one GM? mh? 

the server is only a month old so yea, people buy manuals, gums, fly wings and even foods, but this will drastically change soon, as those who invested a lot of money now to sell KP for zeny got a real bad deal out of it cuz bots devalue zeny in a drastic way. So they will be frustrated realizing that they invested 100 bucks into the game to get 10m zeny while even now 10m zeny barely gets you a ray card. While the vets stacked out on KP items for a real long time by buying it cheap now and wont need to invest into the server.

Odin only was possible because renewal people invested 1000s of dollar to make it happen, if people quit the game because of 10$ one time, theyll be soon in trouble anyways.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 27 July 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#22 Wizachan

Wizachan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

The idea of this "Frigg" server as you keep calling it seems to be unrealistic and unnecessary. First off, there wasn't any lag this morning until the sharp disconnect from the DDoS attacks, Secondly, entertaining the idea of having a new server created just to merge into the old will cause drastic economic instability on top of how unstable it already is. A second server will present the opposite effect you desire, plain and simple. They're on the right track with Odin just give them some time and I'm sure there will be hopefully smooth sailing from here.

#23 destiny921

destiny921

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

servers and the wage for those who maintain it dont grow on trees as well, in case you are thinking this.

Heres another fact for you, I guess u need them. You say this game can be maintained by being f2p, I guess the only (bad, but still the only) argument you can bring in the field that theres a cashshop. Let me break it to you, the odin cashshop is filled with a lot of trash. The only thing really valueable in there are the WoE pots, which bring an astounding ~2-5 cents. How many you think will be needed to pay one GM? mh? 

the server is only a month old so yea, people buy manuals, gums, fly wings and even foods, but this will drastically change soon, as those who invested a lot of money now to sell KP for zeny got a real bad deal out of it cuz bots devalue zeny in a drastic way. So they will be frustrated realizing that they invested 100 bucks into the game to get 10m zeny while even now 10m zeny barely gets you a ray card. While the vets stacked out on KP items for a real long time by buying it cheap now and wont need to invest into the server.

Odin only was possible because renewal people invested 1000s of dollar to make it happen, if people quit the game because of 10$ one time, theyll be soon in trouble anyways.

Fair point. Though, I wasn't aware about the WoE boxes' cost... Food for thought.

A point though, I personally am fine with it if they do decide to go P2P. But if they want to change models, they'd have to do it properly - give advanced notices to players, etc.

Much to think about, really.

#24 Haus2407

Haus2407

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

While I think this has partially been addressed, banning new ips from regions where bot accounts are made is a solution. I believe from skimming the forum headings anyway... Not a kind one, but it will temporarily fix the population issue and the lag just a tiny bit. (No need for FRIGGS?)

The players themselves need to respect one another a bit... :p_sad:  RO was always and still is made up of a community, some pay for VIP because they have day jobs, others pay for bubblegum to turn a profit so they can have a higher chance at card/drops, some players who aren't ready to get VIP now, might get VIP later and some people rely on woe pots to solo/grind or even purchase a VIP headgear, hairstyle coupon or clothing dye to look pretty.

There are many kinds of players, and the cash shop model fits those players better than a P2P model. 

P2P MMORPGs DO NOT last. This is so obvious.

Edited by Haus2407, 27 July 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#25 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:21 AM

While I think this has partially been addressed, banning new ips from regions where bot accounts are made is a solution. I believe from skimming the forum headings anyway... Not a kind one, but it will temporarily fix the population issue and the lag just a tiny bit. (No need for FRIGGS?)

The players themselves need to respect one another a bit... :p_sad:  RO was always and still is made up of a community, some pay for VIP because they have day jobs, others pay for bubblegum to turn a profit so they can have a higher chance at card/drops, some players who aren't ready to get VIP now, might get VIP later and some people rely on woe pots to solo/grind or even purchase a VIP headgear, hairstyle coupon or clothing dye to look pretty.

There are many kinds of players, and the cash shop model fits those players better than a P2P model. 

P2P MMORPGs DO NOT last. This is so obvious.

neither do f2p, they get milked than they get replaced. WoW and FF14 disagree with you btw, and prob a lot other ones too. I dont hop from game to game like a bitch to leech free stuff, I stick with the stuff I like and I reward companys if they entertain me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users