I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transex

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

Any possibility of the Odin server being P2P? I think we should discuss this, especially with the coming of the new  server Frigg. Leave your opinions.

#2 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

Frigg is not coming.

Pay 2 Play sounds like a decent solution at this point........ I mean I dont mind paying for WoW I wouldnt mind paying for RO IF IT WAS STABLE UQR*()UJFQIOEAHYFUOIQY#WUROIEQYHFOIREYAOYEDH*O(AWQYD (RAGE CAUSE I ALSO GOT A LIMITED PATIENCE)

#3 tranceowner

tranceowner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Frigg is not coming.

Pay 2 Play sounds like a decent solution at this point........ I mean I dont mind paying for WoW I wouldnt mind paying for RO IF IT WAS STABLE UQR*()UJFQIOEAHYFUOIQY#WUROIEQYHFOIREYAOYEDH*O(AWQYD (RAGE CAUSE I ALSO GOT A LIMITED PATIENCE)

Really?
Where's the source?

Staff already tell they canceled Frigg?

#4 averis

averis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:48 AM

You know, I'd actually consider doing P2P.  Reason being, because everyone deserves a chance, lag, spam, no spam, ddoss, bad servers, good servers, and more.

This is Warp Portal and Ragnarok's last stand. There probably won't be anymore after this ( Any more that i would join any way ) , and I don't know if the people at Warp Portal are trolling us with this or they don't realize how far the fan base goes back (10+ years ).

Most of us simply don't have time to grind, and it's the nostalgic feeling that keeps most of us here. However, trying to re-live the glory days in a game that's a shadow of it's former self is simply not going to happen.

If something doesn't happen fast, this will end up like every RO server ever? To be honest if you guys needed money to fund better servers, you could of easily kick started this and got support.

Make RO Great again.

-G.S.

Edited by averis, 27 July 2017 - 02:49 AM.

#5 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Hey its free so we have no right to go SGJASDFSADHLKAS and rage because we are playing for free

(*For those VIP they need to compensate them or give us free VIP's extra time for the lost days of this*)

but this DDOS is out of thier hands (*Need better protection from their main servers or RIP warp potatoe

#6 spissisti

spissisti

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:59 AM

i agree with p2p
especially pay for create new account in ragnarok restart
the purpose is to prevent bot and multi log in

#7 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:59 AM

Nvm

Edited by Kailash, 27 July 2017 - 03:07 AM.

#8 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Really?
Where's the source?

Staff already tell they canceled Frigg?

I don't know if it has been said, but when they mentioned the Frigg server in their post...a nice chunk of the player base was...

Well not happy or willing to go along with it.

Many of us have already hit our second job, are 65+ on base level, has a decent amount of zeny (100K+) and probably spent some (or a lot) of real world cash to make things easier (or for a hat)

#9 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

I like the idea that we have to buy a certain amount of WP so that we can have access to the server, so the mandatory cost will be only 1x

#10 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

I like the idea that we have to buy a certain amount of WP so that we can have access to the server, so the mandatory cost will be only 1x

This. A subscription model will not work at this point but charging even a measly $2 or $3 for new account creation would seriously impact bot population + make bans mean something + more money for WP! Give us some VIP or some KP for it and we're 80% of the way to solving the problem IMO. 

#11 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

if they only charge 2 or 3 bucks they could freeze the existing accs as well, would make think twice if its worth to unlock the 50 bot accounts and wouldnt hurt anyone i guess right? I mean, 2-3$ for a game is solid even if $ is screwing with your currency no? :o like 3 bucks gives you 7 days of vip and x KP, you can only use this option once to unluck the acc and gotta pay the usual price afterwards for VIp or KP: 

#12 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

if they only charge 2 or 3 bucks they could freeze the existing accs as well, would make think twice if its worth to unlock the 50 bot accounts and wouldnt hurt anyone i guess right? I mean, 2-3$ for a game is solid even if $ is screwing with your currency no? :o like 3 bucks gives you 7 days of vip and x KP, you can only use this option once to unluck the acc and gotta pay the usual price afterwards for VIp or KP: 

Not me and maybe not you but I feel in general players would absolutely riot if they returned to their account to find it locked behind even $2 so this is probably not feasible even though yes it would be a SURE FIRE way to trim down bot counts on day one. It would likely have to be a moving-forward type deal with all existing accts staying active. 

Nobody from the GM team has indicated this is an option whatsoever so I think this entire thread is moot. Nice to dream though. 

#13 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

Not me and maybe not you but I feel in general players would absolutely riot if they returned to their account to find it locked behind even $2 so this is probably not feasible even though yes it would be a SURE FIRE way to trim down bot counts on day one. It would likely have to be a moving-forward type deal with all existing accts staying active. 

Nobody from the GM team has indicated this is an option whatsoever so I think this entire thread is moot. Nice to dream though. 

screw them then lol. If you piss yourself about 2$, yea, play another f2p generic game, there are hundreds out there. :S if 2$ is reason enough for you to quit the game, u'll quit it regardless soon.

paying 2$ to get a server with lot less bots and even get compensated by a fair amount of vip/kp? No way!!11

Id say those people can -_- off anyway. :S

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 27 July 2017 - 06:18 AM.

#14 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

I don't think p2p is a bad idea, but do you really think that a 2 or 3 bucks fee will be enough to keep zeny sellers out of their bot accounts?

I mean they spam "1000k = 9USD" in Prontera... if ONE person buys ONE million from them they would already have enough to pay for 3 more bot accounts...

Just doesnt sound very effective...

#15 Neowarshark

Neowarshark

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

They could allow the existing users for free and slowly banned all the bots but i don't think that would work to good.

For example the bots could still make zenny for awhile and probably could afford the pay wall to spam in cities selling zenny for awhile.

I don't know what would be the best option but slowly things would get taken care of.

#16 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

I don't think p2p is a bad idea, but do you really think that a 2 or 3 bucks fee will be enough to keep zeny sellers out of their bot accounts?

I mean they spam "1000k = 9USD" in Prontera... if ONE person buys ONE million from them they would already have enough to pay for 3 more bot accounts...

as this guy said...

also not many players are willing to pay higher for this game either

(*its pretty old and private servers are available for their own discretion*)

New revolutionary games comes out too.. :P

Item shop is already built in

so i don't think its gonna work and the game will look like a greedy service that can't handle their own servers...

The game has potential to be better too...

Kro has updated pets where they are actually damn useful... *Poring loots stuff*

we are too out-dated to actually make the game look fun at all <3 but still we love it...

Since the grind is fun at the moment with people actually not robot grinding for 99 hours...

If people keep buying USD for zenny they are just supporting more bots to the game...

So yeah feed them more for more bots to appear (*Motivation sellers in a nut-shell*)

(*We invite bots to the game not them...*)

Edited by taesijr123, 27 July 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#17 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

2,3 might be too little, make it 7-10 for one time. Sure they can pay it, but Im not sure how many people are really buying 1m for 9USD, some will but a lot know that the price for zeny will get demolished fast at the rate the bots overrun this server.

The zeny seller accs might not cease (they should insta ban them anyway, if someone sends a vid of someone spamming S> Zeny in pront, they should dig out chat logs (if they have) or just check if theres only a novi on the acc and ban it, if its an innocent the dmg is low and they can send a ticket, if not its 7-10 bucks gone.

But bots are most effective in mass, so if u force people who know are only limited by their internet connection and hardware (id say u can easily run 20-30 RO apps on a 600$ pc and you are probably not limited to one pc with a 50mb connection) to pay 7-10 dollar per acc and theres a risk that 50, 60 or more accs all get banned at the same time u lose a -_-ton of money.

^to the above: its not like you pay the bucks for free unlock, you get at least what gravity would give you by purchasing VIP/WP anyway, they could make a one time better deal as well. People who arent willing to take these small sacrifices wont have fun in RO anyway and will quit in less than a year, I can assure that.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 27 July 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#18 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

(*We invite bots to the game not them...*)

giphy.gif

#19 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Yup, if you're gonna make a server p2p it needs to have a high enough paywall to seriously dissuade bot owners from making accounts on it, and 2$ is peanuts.

All that would really accomplish is to kill off a massive chunk of the actual players.

#20 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Well, 2-3 dollars can go up to 5. And yes, I think this will drastically decrease the number of BOTs, given that, managing BOTS wants to farm zenys has its cost, and with frequent bans, they simply will not make a profit, I venture to say that they will suffer. I say this because I see Staff is willing to fight them.

#21 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

i wouldn't honestly care if it were 30$ a month as long as it were stable and bot free.

#22 destiny921

destiny921

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

It depends.

Because if they want to turn it into a P2P model, it has to be worth it. Currently, it's not. Who wants to play a game where 1) monsters and map areas don't correlate, 2) frequent disconnections happen and 3) lack of GM presence, much less frequent correspondence between GMs and the player base in-game and in forums? I mean really, as far as I see, Campitor is the one doing everything in forums. I don't see GMs in the game. What about everyone else? That's not even considering the fact that there are actually players, non-vip like me, who actually take the freaking time to grind up to the high levels - they'd pretty much lose us who are part of this group.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind paying so long as it's reasonably priced. But it has to be worth it. Another thing is, maybe $10 or something isn't much for some of you, but currency rates and differences say otherwise for those of us who are from other parts of the world.

#23 Drogonite

Drogonite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro
  • Server:Restart

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

bot already -_- up with restart and thats is the real true #feelsbad

just play self found gameplay style and stop feed tons of bots.

Edited by Drogonite, 27 July 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#24 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:40 AM

before starting to think for a fee just start banning bots. right now they have to register new accounts, do noviground etc. etc. etc what takes much time. 

Then these bots come to the same maps again and again. So if you have 1 Person who will check 5-6 maps every day and ban most of the bots there 75-80% of your problems are done. What can be so hard to do this?

Its mostly pupas, creamys at start then pecos, then payon and izlude. WHY IS FKING WP NOT CLEARING THESE MAPS?!?!?!?!? DISCUSSING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BUT DOING -_-.

everything is a bad idea until WP moves his ass to ban bots. 1$-5$ fee wont change much. its no difference between not getting banned for free or not getting banned after paying some bucks. the main problemn is. WP IS DOING -_-. You must not even hide you are botting, you can do 24/7 on same map with the most idiot settings. You can set up a bot in 2 minutes because its so easy. look these maps...

Edited by roflcopter123456, 27 July 2017 - 06:43 AM.

#25 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

It depends.

Because if they want to turn it into a P2P model, it has to be worth it. Currently, it's not. Who wants to play a game where 1) monsters and map areas don't correlate, 2) frequent disconnections happen and 3) lack of GM presence, much less frequent correspondence between GMs and the player base in-game and in forums? I mean really, as far as I see, Campitor is the one doing everything in forums. I don't see GMs in the game. What about everyone else? That's not even considering the fact that there are actually players, non-vip like me, who actually take the freaking time to grind up to the high levels - they'd pretty much lose us who are part of this group.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind paying so long as it's reasonably priced. But it has to be worth it. Another thing is, maybe $10 or something isn't much for some of you, but currency rates and differences say otherwise for those of us who are from other parts of the world.

Im not talking about paying 10$ a month, one time. As any MMO, most if not all of the users plan to play this game a lot, maybe for years. If new single player games go for 50-70 bucks which last you 20-30h, asking for 10$ one time to have a game with less lag, less bots, resulting in the GMs to have more time for interaction with the community.

Dunno, 10$ for a game you might play 300, 500, even 1000 hours and even getting WP from it, if money is that tight you might as well save the money for the computer and the internet connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users