• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#26 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

before starting to think for a fee just start banning bots. right now they have to register new accounts, do noviground etc. etc. etc what takes much time. 

Then these bots come to the same maps again and again. So if you have 1 Person who will check 5-6 maps every day and ban most of the bots there 75-80% of your problems are done. What can be so hard to do this?

Its mostly pupas, creamys at start then pecos, then payon and izlude. WHY IS FKING WP NOT CLEARING THESE MAPS?!?!?!?!? DISCUSSING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BUT DOING -_-.

everything is a bad idea until WP moves his ass to ban bots. 1$-5$ fee wont change much. its no difference between not getting banned for free or not getting banned after paying some bucks. the main problemn is. WP IS DOING -_-. You must not even hide you are botting, you can do 24/7 on same map with the most idiot settings. You can set up a bot in 2 minutes because its so easy. look these maps...

be aware as they ban bots

more of them are being made

Limited people and limited resources are the cause of this...

wanna know what it looks like?

5-10 people vs ????? of people who easily make accounts and bots...

People can call in air-strike to have them destroy the mass of bots in the area...

But this doesn't seem to be enough...

Plus not everyone is a bot, some are people who doesn't understand english...

making things extremely tough when they start receiving tickets from these people...

(*either they start investing more people to actively remove them from certain maps or get flooded by them*)

Edited by taesijr123, 27 July 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#27 CodeJerry

CodeJerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

I would like to point out subscriptions don't solve botting problems. SWTOR is filled with them. Charging an initial price for a game doesn't help either look at d2. Filled with bots. The only way this game could rid itself of botters is removing all trading together like D3 did and it did remove bots but most the players hate the new system. Having trade always bring commerce and profit for those who want to abuse it. Adding an entrance fee will just make them raise their prices and buy in bulk when 'sales' happen. It might slow bots but it will only be a matter of time before they caught up. Trades are fun and the only way to stop bots is not buying from them and trading with them. Honestly, Many MMOs implement a bot checking system when a game does rely on trades and economy. 

#28 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

i wouldn't honestly care if it were 30$ a month as long as it were stable and bot free.

LOL and the population in the game will only be you? This P2P is not easy to apply. First, It will deter new bots for sure, but also deter returning players who want to play for nostalgia sake. Second, They cannot suddenly charge monthly now. it would be treated as a scam. if they want to change it into P2P they will have to give time and due date to let players know it. Third, they have to have a good service record first before they can do P2P. who is going to play P2P with this maintenance everyday?

#29 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:None.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

If you dont have the people to offer the support. maybe better not open new servers? What are they thinking about opening frigg then?

Learn to handle this server before talking about new stuff. Sorry, but the thoughts of Camp and his team are so annoying. They are helpless and talking instead of doing useful things.

if you dont have the people, just pay some?!?!?!?! when automated bot protection is done you can save money. but until then....

players are customers. better lose them instead of investing to keep them playing? 100% disagree with anything that happens here. what a company is this?

Edited by roflcopter123456, 27 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#30 maddcrack

maddcrack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:02 AM

To be honest, I don't really mind spending couple of dollars just to play this game. But it makes me think if it is worth it or not cause there are a lot of online games that has good graphics and awesome game play that can be played for free. teehee

#31 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

I would like to point out subscriptions don't solve botting problems. SWTOR is filled with them. Charging an initial price for a game doesn't help either look at d2. Filled with bots. The only way this game could rid itself of botters is removing all trading together like D3 did and it did remove bots but most the players hate the new system. Having trade always bring commerce and profit for those who want to abuse it. Adding an entrance fee will just make them raise their prices and buy in bulk when 'sales' happen. It might slow bots but it will only be a matter of time before they caught up. Trades are fun and the only way to stop bots is not buying from them and trading with them. Honestly, Many MMOs implement a bot checking system when a game does rely on trades and economy. 

You have no clue about the Diablo 3 Community with the no trading situation.

People just either do the following:

1. Bot

2. Buy Accounts

3. Buy Services

No matter what you do you can't  stop RMT.  You stop trading, all you're going to see if people selling accounts, like they already do, just way more of it.  Not to mention people botting their accounts because they need a certain item, and they can't trade another player for it. 

Educate yourself about what happened to the Diablo 3 Community before you talk about.

Edited by Nugeki, 27 July 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#32 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

its all about buying time, they didnt solve the bot issue for 15 years, they either get it done in a reasoneable amount of time, id say a year is the absolute max, or they can quit it anyways.

But as of right now, neither the server can handle 3-4k bots being online all the time nor can the playerbase, so opening a 2nd server and force the botter to take a risk by paying money (one bot acc is not effective, 10 are, and 10 would cost 100$, which is a big investment for some countrys) would prevent at least some of the botter, resulting in a better experience for the player and more time for GMs to adress less urgent stuff.

Its a band aid fix, and they screwed up because its not the first server they opened, but people should realize that this is the last international server in the west (euRO i kno i kno....=_=), so yea, we can try to make this work or whine about how 10$ make some here go bancrupt...

#33 Dekonstruktivist

Dekonstruktivist

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

P2P would decrease the botting problem and help to stabilize the servers. I would instantly pay 10$ a month for a stable running ro server.

#34 RedBuII

RedBuII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

I don't think p2p is a bad idea, but do you really think that a 2 or 3 bucks fee will be enough to keep zeny sellers out of their bot accounts?

I mean they spam "1000k = 9USD" in Prontera... if ONE person buys ONE million from them they would already have enough to pay for 3 more bot accounts...

Just doesnt sound very effective...

How many people do you think are paying that much money for zeny? Lol, theres a reason they dropped the price from 13.99/1m to 8.99/m in less than a week. No one is paying for that -_-. 

#35 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

it will drop more, much more. 80$ for a ray card thats constantly AoE farmed by knights? pls.

#36 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

do you people have too much money? y a MONTHLY fee? one time fee would be more than enough. dont forget we have f2p system. need to buy vip and -_-....

@Redbull when i quitted another server i sold my zeny years ago. i got 3500€ and didnt sell the accs. only eq and zeny. so nobody does? tons of people do....

Edited by roflcopter123456, 27 July 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#37 Margarethahp

Margarethahp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

Yes to P2P

#38 maxilag

maxilag

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Am in.

Am 40 years old playing after work like 1 or 2 hours when children are sleeping.I think for competitive games the best is the remove cash shop give an amount of item each week and a monthly or weekly fee.

NOT like in rising for online plz : maybe my best experience in mmo (or one of the best) but come on a month fee without any cash shop item, even corean  ppl don't grind like this.

Problem is : you have 3 % of people cashshoping like crazy "to be someone" in a virtual game. I manage to cope with top player couples of month in atlantica online for exemple but after a while it's just about the money : i am not sure it's good money for warportal to remove  cash shop and 80% of people will never pay to play a ftp.

Maybe with a poll or something we can see

#39 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

I'd pay £8 or something/month for a p2p server with no woe pots. Assuming I also get a free transfer there for my characters.

#40 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

I wouldn't mind the server being made p2p or a one time fee to play but there are a lot of players, legitimate players, who can't or won't join something like that. While I miss the days of subscription based service, it's not as practical as it used to be. If the issue is funding to get the money to purchase whatever it is that thaiRO and phRO use as a shield, I'd rather they do something like a kick starter where we could get rewards (like some cute costumes or consumables or titles or something) for donating to assist purchasing it if that's what needs done, and then keep the server F2P. Granted, I'm also one of those loony people who wouldn't mind being able to purchase physical merchandise too. I still have my OST and figurines somewhere from way back when.

Edited by RoaringRabbit, 27 July 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#41 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

$3 was a small arbitrary guess. Consider below:

1) A Gm can't just show up to a botting area and assign banhammer to his skill bar and just click at will. EVERY player has to get their due process (talk to you, warp you somewhere, etc) at a minimum to say nothing of looking at other accounts the bot has traded with.  It must be done because a player can just come back with "I wasn't botting" and if there is no evidence then what can a GM really say back? This is real, time consuming work. Imagine the work you would have to do to report every single bot as they say you should - you would be there for days reporting and they would be there for weeks investigating. 

2) The price of a new account should be should reflect the exact amount of time a ban process costs WP in terms of GM time. Say it takes them 15 minutes to ban, say they get paid $20/hr so every ban = $5 of GM time. Right now I'd say GMs banning bots is a FLAGRANT waste of time - like bailing out a bathroom with a teacup while you leave the faucet and shower running. In the time it took to ban that bot the botter made five new bots. 

3) When accounts cost $5 to make every ban from a GM = $5 revenue because that money is now WP's and they never have to support the account that paid again. The effect is two fold - a large LARGE portion of botters will not be able to sustain the fee right from the get go and they will stop (Anyime the cost of something goes from free to not free, even to just $5 this will happen. simple economics). PLUS any future bans will carry weight! Sure one successful botter might be able to wave off $5 here and there but a true airstike suddenly they have to shell out $50 to build their fleet up again....and potentially again and again. This will massively affect their revenue stream.

It won't kill botting outright but an up front account fee will drop bots by >70% or i eat a shoe. From there GMs continue to ban $5 pop pop pop and receive reports from players $5 pop pop pop go the bots and together we get to ~95% bot free living which is as good as we can hope for I think. Even the best botters will struggle to maintain profitability if they are getting accounts banned at a decent rate. 

#42 CodeJerry

CodeJerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

You have no clue about the Diablo 3 Community with the no trading situation.

People just either do the following:

1. Bot

2. Buy Accounts

3. Buy Services

No matter what you do you can't  stop RMT.  You stop trading, all you're going to see if people selling accounts, like they already do, just way more of it.  Not to mention people botting their accounts because they need a certain item, and they can't trade another player for it. 

Educate yourself about what happened to the Diablo 3 Community before you talk about.

I've been playing D2 since release and same with D3. They started with an auction house which people could spend real money to for items. Which in theory would remove all bot sellers since nobody had to go buy items from their sites anymore? Instead, after that backfired and other failed attempts they added a new system which removed all trades of legendary and set items.

Edited by CodeJerry, 27 July 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#43 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

$3 was a small arbitrary guess. Consider below:

1) A Gm can't just show up to a botting area and assign banhammer to his skill bar and just click at will. EVERY player has to get their due process (talk to you, warp you somewhere, etc) at a minimum to say nothing of looking at other accounts the bot has traded with.  It must be done because a player can just come back with "I wasn't botting" and if there is no evidence then what can a GM really say back? This is real, time consuming work. Imagine the work you would have to do to report every single bot as they say you should - you would be there for days reporting and they would be there for weeks investigating. 

2) The price of a new account should be should reflect the exact amount of time a ban process costs WP in terms of GM time. Say it takes them 15 minutes to ban, say they get paid $20/hr so every ban = $5 of GM time. Right now I'd say GMs banning bots is a FLAGRANT waste of time - like bailing out a bathroom with a teacup while you leave the faucet and shower running. In the time it took to ban that bot the botter made five new bots. 

3) When accounts cost $5 to make every ban from a GM = $5 revenue because that money is now WP's and they never have to support the account that paid again. The effect is two fold - a large LARGE portion of botters will not be able to sustain the fee right from the get go and they will stop (Anyime the cost of something goes from free to not free, even to just $5 this will happen. simple economics). PLUS any future bans will carry weight! Sure one successful botter might be able to wave off $5 here and there but a true airstike suddenly they have to shell out $50 to build their fleet up again....and potentially again and again. This will massively affect their revenue stream.

It won't kill botting outright but an up front account fee will drop bots by >70% or i eat a shoe. From there GMs continue to ban $5 pop pop pop and receive reports from players $5 pop pop pop go the bots and together we get to ~95% bot free living which is as good as we can hope for I think. Even the best botters will struggle to maintain profitability if they are getting accounts banned at a decent rate. 

Now add a convenient report system (like rightclick on a player) and you pretty much got an army of players fighting the army of pots while really hurting them. Nowadays we can report all we like, they just remake another acc. 

(I know it can be abused but as u say, GMs port them into prison and check if they respond or walk down a set behaviour, so even if people cant speak english, they wont react as a bot would.)

#44 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

an army of players fighting the army of pots

That sounds kinky... where to enlist?

#45 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Dude. This is not how a gaming entertainment company makes money nowaday. It doesnt work like that. I also work in one. f2p is the way. but indeed, it will kill the game itself within 2 years life span mostly. $3 or 5 dollars a month? You got to be kidding. That's nothing. You think that's a lot? Gaming maniac willing to pay more than hundred thousand in real cash. Come on. Please think on the company side.

#46 lantogh

lantogh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Well, there's a lot of players that come from third world countries and may not be able to pay a monthly fee (me, for example) and that can may damage their new infuse of players coming to the game. Maybe their plan is waiting for more "old" players to start playing again and when the game is stabilized they can get more revenue. 

#47 Arzey

Arzey

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Dude. This is not how a gaming entertainment company makes money nowaday. It doesnt work like that. I also work in one. f2p is the way. but indeed, it will kill the game itself within 2 years life span mostly. $3 or 5 dollars a month? You got to be kidding. That's nothing. You think that's a lot? Gaming maniac willing to pay more than hundred thousand in real cash. Come on. Please think on the company side.

I think P2P model with cash shop works, similar to what Square Enix have with RO2.  Also lot of players wouldn't mind paying $15 a month to get stable service and less bot.

#48 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Anybody who says they cant pay 7 bucks A MONTH (and people are suggesting a one time payment not even monthly) is full of -_- honestly.

#49 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

just BAN EVERYONE unless they paid VIP services and restart the server LOL

im losing alot here on my assassin and everything, but i'd be glad to see every single bot banned and have to rebuild myself with them gone muahaha

plus you could make it harder for them to bot after you restart. and im serious, this isnt even benefiting me at all, it would benefit you. 3 weeks is nothing compared to the big scheme of things and i have alot invested here. but im just saying BAN THE ENTIRE SERVER and restart.

#50 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

ye, thats the thing. You might lose 3 or 4 weeks and think you lose a lot, a month is nothing. You'll have to chose if you want to keep ur lvl 80 char with no equip and quit in a year because bots and vets will stomp u in the ground in any field PvP/MvP/WoE or start again and only get stompd in the ground by the vets (which you can learn from) but not so much by the bots (which you shouldnt learn from).

As someone whos played this game on and off for 15 years id highly suggest you to take option 2, if these options are made available that is. 

(Im not playing restart because of the bot problem so in the end its not my problem, if they release a p2p server I'll play it, else ill stay on renewal til they shut the server down, both fine with me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users