Ragnarok RESTART Mini Maintenance 7-27-2017 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok RESTART Mini Maintenance 7-27-2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

A since we just went down due to DDOS were going to take the opportunity to apply some improvements to the login process that the studio sent late last night. 

It is stressed that this may only help and not resolve the issue with logging into other accounts. We are still gathering data as to the root cause.

It begins now and ends when.. the work is done. It may take some time I do not have an estimate.

#2 FaylinnLilyRose

FaylinnLilyRose

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCastle Io
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

At what times will this mini-maintenance start and finish?

#3 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

A since we just went down due to DDOS were going to take the opportunity to apply some improvements to the login process that the studio sent late last night. 

It is stressed they this may only help and not resolve the issue. We are still gathering data as to the root cause.

could you please shut everything down while the server is instable? because people are login in another people accounts...

#4 3618130507101728397

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

im now convinced i just chose to play this game at the worst times :( 

#5 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

im now convinced i just chose to play this game at the worst times :(

talk about worst times... i have vacations and planned to go to the lake nearby like everyday but it has to be the coldest summerweek here in germany and aditionaly the server breaks :|

#6 Aylee

Aylee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

So do you guys at the studio have sirens that go off whenever servers explode? Thanks for the work you do but could we get a comment on the critical issue of people logging onto other people's accounts? I mean where you type in your own account name and password but when you login you are displayed with another person's characters and you are free to play as them. It happened to my account yesterday and judging from a few posts today and yesterday it happened to them as well. 

#7 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

So do you guys at the studio have sirens that go off whenever servers explode? Thanks for the work you do but could we get a comment on the critical issue of people logging onto other people's accounts? I mean where you type in your own account name and password but when you login you are displayed with another person's characters and you are free to play as them. It happened to my account yesterday and judging from a few posts today and yesterday it happened to them as well. 

29665-1dyzw0w.gif

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:13 AM

That is what were trying to address right now. But as I said were not sure this is a fix or if its just a step towards a fix.

#9 RiotStarta

RiotStarta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

Keep up the good work, but please dear god make some reparations (Double exp weekend or something...anything...that's server wide) for all this mess or at least announce there will be something someday because to be honest it seems like either you guys are getting screwed by head office with a 'failure in wanting' project, or the PR/marketing team is let's say...the cheapest anyone can afford anywhere you could literally hire better ones from freelancer. There are only so many hours a day that certain people can play, And thinking ahead this may have been my mistake but i have purchased almost a years worth of VIP, So far not a good investment.

#10 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

It is stressed they this may only help and not resolve the issue. We are still gathering data as to the root cause.

It begins now and ends when.. the work is done. It may take some time I do not have an estimate.

Take all the time you need mate, all's well that end's well.

#11 Tsudesu

Tsudesu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

Why improve login if we cant login?  :hmm:

WE NEED DDOS PROTECTION SINCE THE BEGINNING.

#12 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

At this point you really should think long and hard about something to apologize to the playerbase.

You're effort taking is admireable, but you should really really otherthink your Infrastructre, security measurments and IT-planning, the work you are doing is appreciated still not anywhere near a level where it should be, not even close and given your experience you should have this is just not acceptable.

#13 Wizachan

Wizachan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

As I said elsewhere, I believe the reason for these DDoS attacks are so people can intentionally exploit the glitch of being able to log into someone else's account with your own info.

Other reasons may or may not include : People being angry about "X" thing, people who suffered from this glitch and are now taking it out on others in the same way, Wanting to cause trouble for people just because they can; Large conspiracy with unclear motives that are attacking warp portal, private servers working in unison to take down warp portal.

If anyone agrees that one of these may be the reason for such an attack. State which one and why.

The sooner we identify the culprits the sooner action can be taken against them

Edited by Wizachan, 27 July 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#14 Hnomkeng

Hnomkeng

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

allow ip address local only.

#15 mokopoko

mokopoko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

- back up database files every 5 minutes,

- when server is down (because of ddos) just roll back (load the last db file) before it is down,

- and restart servers again

it is that easy...until you find a permanent solution this is the most logical solution. The process i wrote takes maximum 10 minutes. 

but this mini maintances is about to end up people 's patience... They have no specific ending time and people have a life....

#16 ragnarbrothbook

ragnarbrothbook

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

:P_omg:Was planning to purchase some wp points early today too. Talk about conflicted.       But, I am more interested in learning what the hell is going on. This problem is upstaging the game itself.

#17 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

- when server is down (because of ddos) just roll back (load the last db file) before it is down,

it is that easy...until you find a permanent solution this is the most logical solution. The process i wrote takes maximum 10 minutes. 

but this mini maintances is about to end up people 's patience... They have no specific ending time and people have a life....

What is this thing "Life" you speak of?

#18 markash03

markash03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Double exp thx.

#19 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

Why improve login if we cant login?  :hmm:

WE NEED DDOS PROTECTION SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Uh...derp? That's what they're fixing.

It must just be people from certain regions having trouble logging in, because not once have I had even the slightest issue logging in.

#20 Wizachan

Wizachan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

:P_omg:Was planning to purchase some wp points early today too. Talk about conflicted.       But, I am more interested in learning what the hell is going on. This problem is upstaging the game itself.

From what I understand people are DDoSing the server,

my speculation is that they are doing so to take advantage of a huge glitch that causes people to log into other people's accounts during times of server instability and are exploiting that for their own gains.

#21 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

"backup database files every 5 minutes" - "it is that easy"

lol, better go back to databases 101 instead of lungering in the forums

#22 dyliverance

dyliverance

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

can i refund my warpportal points ? This game is not playable here.

#23 ragnarbrothbook

ragnarbrothbook

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

:p_hi:

Take all the time you need mate, all's well that end's well.

I'll be back here in a day or two. Quality game. Just fix the screen door, please.

#24 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

From what I understand people are DDoSing the server,

my speculation is that they are doing so to take advantage of a huge glitch that causes people to log into other people's accounts during times of server instability and are exploiting that for their own gains.

the DDoS' main target is warpportal to get credit card data. noone cares about your pupa card.

#25 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:39 AM

I love all the replies in this thread.

It's hilarious watching 12 year olds give IT and business advice, bahaha.

Kids just go have some jello and wait for things to settle. You have no idea what you're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users