8 replies to this topic

#1 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

NeeD to hear your opinions guys, so im not familiar with classic/renewal mechanics but years i ago in PRO i saw a lot of SVD spear knights and they all tanky and mighty.,I wanted to make that kind of knight again but it seems in this server BB knights are always talk about and pretty lot to be seen on game. 

I still wanted to continue being a spear user in this game coz its classic to play,hehe as of now im level 60 and i purchase elemental pikes and 1H sword. In this moment im not sure where to level or farm coz i wanted to get Brandish Spear asap.

any advice on how should i go with a spear knight?equips?lvling maps as to make my knight tankable and pretty much kill mobs immediately? i would appreciate all your opinions guys!

#2 Sadrake123

Sadrake123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

As for equips right now you'd get basic stuff like fin helm, iron cain and slotted manteau, greaves and full plate, a Lance is good enough by this level (you should try to get a Pole Axe, that's the best 1h spear right now, but since they are pretty rare unless you need a shield i'd suggest using a 2h spear since the pike's damage is so low).

As for levelling you can try high orcs, it's a pretty common levelling spots so there are quite a lot of parties there and it's a pretty easy map or you can stay in xmas dun till lv 65 if you really want to.

#3 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

Thanks man,well I dont have much zeny since i bought weapons first,pole axe is so rare., if im going to use 2h spear ill Be unequipping my cranial shield which is the only carded equip i have right now,but it seems thats the only way to have a boost in damage.,

Should i carry blue pots as well in my leveling?and how i could obtain this WOE pots?

#4 Sadrake123

Sadrake123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

As for zenny, right now i have a lv 73 knight with just shop equipments and it's going pretty well.

About the blue pots, you definitely should carry them, you can buy the pots for 5 KP each (each one giving 50 white and 20 blue pots) or buying 100 Silvervine boxes and trading 6 silvervines for each box in Prontera (Just be carefull with scammers who put 10 silvervine boxes as if they were 100 boxes). I normally carry around 5~10 of these boxes when levelling and they last for quite some time (enough to gather some loot and regain the cost of the damn things, at least).

Btw the cranial shield is nice, if you really need defense you can use it + a pike, you'll lose some damage (i was losing ~500 damage per pierce when i tested it in Raydrics) but it also gives a nice def boost if you're using too many potions while levelling/farming.

Lastly: If you really need zenny there are some usefull equips for knights you can farm at low lvs like thara frog/pecopeco card, fin helm, poo poo hat, shield [1], boots[1], etc.

Edited by Sadrake123, 28 July 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#5 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

As for zenny, right now i have a lv 73 knight with just shop equipments and it's going pretty well.

About the blue pots, you definitely should carry them, you can buy the pots for 5 KP each (each one giving 50 white and 20 blue pots) or buying 100 Silvervine boxes and trading 6 silvervines for each box in Prontera (Just be carefull with scammers who put 10 silvervine boxes as if they were 100 boxes). I normally carry around 5~10 of these boxes when levelling and they last for quite some time (enough to gather some loot and regain the cost of the damn things, at least).

Btw the cranial shield is nice, if you really need defense you can use it + a pike, you'll lose some damage (i was losing ~500 damage per pierce when i tested it in Raydrics) but it also gives a nice def boost if you're using too many potions while levelling/farming.

Lastly: If you really need zenny there are some usefull equips for knights you can farm at low lvs like thara frog/pecopeco card, fin helm, poo poo hat, shield [1], boots[1], etc.

Thanks man,where did you level from level 60-70 then?i do use NPC equips also except shield and weapon.

yes i heard about this set pots but i dont know how to get one and thank you for elaborating it to me,i could probably buy some silverine for exchange but should be proportion to where your leveling and farming to regain the cost of silverine.

as of the weapon,i have +7VVS wind pike and went to sohee which is weak to wind to test it out, Pierce lvl 3 on sohee only amount to 800+ damage while +3Lance(2H spear NPC) went to 1k+ damage, feels kinda shock about this result.

#6 Sadrake123

Sadrake123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

Since we use renewal mechanics you'll normally want a high attack (and high level) weapon with a few slots rather than a low attack weapon (even if it's elemental). The pike is an exception because it's the best one handed spear you can get whitout having to invest too much in it, but it's damage is still low. Other detail is that sohees are medium size so they suffer less damage from pierce.

I personally levelled till 65 in xmas dungeon (was mostly chatting while killing stuff, the XP was a bit slow, but the loot there is good), then I went High orcs, even mobbing 6~7 of them sometimes and killeng them off with pierce (made the mistake of getting spear mastery before brandish) i still get enough loot to keep up the potion expenses (Selling them with overcharge lv 10, of course).

Edited by Sadrake123, 28 July 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#7 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Yes i think HO was the majority map to lvl right now.i just thought other maps for different atmosphere,im just not so sure if my level can do HO otherwise level down.,i thought about going to byalan 4 or 5 for hunt and leveling but with this experience on sohees i think ill be there forever.,

I thought a spear in a peco ride ignores sizes.,or im mistaken?

Yes i pump my spear mastery to level 5 and i was thinking i shouldve pump to skills to obtain brandish quickly lol.,now im using magnum break for a while and my sp burn immediately,even magnificat couldnt catch up when monsters are fast respawning haha.,

#8 Sadrake123

Sadrake123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

I mentioned sohee's size because Pierce only deals 2 damages against medium size Monsters, so agains Large size monsters the damage difference will be slightly higher.

If you have trouble in high orcs you can always go back to xmas or get some levels while trying to drop something usefull. To solve the sp problem you can put your int to 12 and use some potions.

Edited by Sadrake123, 28 July 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#9 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

alright man,i think thats good enough for my knight leveling,definitely im putting some points in INT when im almost done with STR and VIT but i guess itll be early this time coz i can feel the scarce sp..

thank you drake for helping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users