Well somebody sure hates revo classics... DDOS everywhere :D - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Well somebody sure hates revo classics... DDOS everywhere :D

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

:heh:  :heh: i don't think they can fix this until they catch the script kiddies destroying this or place security measures...

I'll call it a day or a week until it all settles down...

#2 FaylinnLilyRose

FaylinnLilyRose

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCastle Io
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

It's getting REAL annoying...I just want to be able to play the game, but these petty DDOSing kidlets are making it near impossible.

Edited by FaylinnLilyRose, 27 July 2017 - 04:31 AM.

#3 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

PHro restart and ThRo got affected too :3 so yeah we are not the only one....

#4 Tekrelious

Tekrelious

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

What is wrong with people? Seriously.

#5 Roudan

Roudan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

I wouldn't call being able to form and maintain a botnet as something a script kiddie could do, lol. But yeah, it's pretty pointless and the d00d is probably quivering in euphoria as they watch us complain on the forums.

#6 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

I wouldn't call being able to form and maintain a botnet as something a script kiddie could do, lol. But yeah, it's pretty pointless and the d00d is probably quivering in euphoria as they watch us complain on the forums.

script kiddy distributes slightly modded, premade trojan..ez..

what defines script kiddy is using someone else's code. they can just pay someone!

edit: afaik you can just legally pay a company to ddos these days though, they may not even be a script kiddy.

Edited by wpUSK, 27 July 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#7 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

More than likely someone hired a company to do a stress test. I doubt some random "script kiddie" would have a large enough botnet on their own.

Edited by Myzery, 27 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#8 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

More than likely someone hired a company to do a stress test. I doubt some random "script kiddie" would have a large enough botnet on their own.

Yeah well it's getting a bit annoying.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

PHro restart and ThRo got affected too :3 so yeah we are not the only one....

Sounds like pserver admins are the likely conductors behind the DDOS if all the Revo-Classic servers are getting hit. Strike the Revo-Classic servers with DDOS and send agents to official forums to goad people into going to pservers. Very calculated plan.

If that's the case, it's only the really impatient people who will fall for their tricks, so not too bad if the truly patient people stick around. RO isn't an impatient-friendly game anyhow.

#10 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

The "good" part about this is that since every revo classic is being targeted, kRO will be really pressured to come up with a solution faster than they'd if it was just iRO.

#11 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Sounds like pserver admins are the likely conductors behind the DDOS if all the Revo-Classic servers are getting hit. Strike the Revo-Classic servers with DDOS and send agents to official forums to goad people into going to pservers. Very calculated plan.

If that's the case, it's only the really impatient people who will fall for their tricks, so not too bad if the truly patient people stick around. RO isn't an impatient-friendly game anyhow.

delusional paranoia is bad bruh https://forums.warpp...-2#entry2663267

#12 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

Wow congrats I think that must be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Pservers don't need to ddos official. They gain nothing from it. Pserver and official players are pretty vastly different in what they want.

#13 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

that's not true, 80% of my guild has played both official and pservers

Edited by senpa1, 27 July 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Then they must be some dumb p.server scrubs because if I was a player of ThRO/PRO, I would neave leave my server. I mean, why would I play p.server where scrubs blatantly cheat? Not to mention, any p.servers are just too small compared to ThRO/PRO. Assume this is true, I find it adorable lmfao

#15 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

people blatantly cheat on both kinds of servers lol

Edited by senpa1, 27 July 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

Pservers don't need to ddos official. They gain nothing from it. Pserver and official players are pretty vastly different in what they want.

They gain players from it, if you haven't noticed people saying that they're going to pservers because of the DDOS. And last I checked, even pservers need players to bother staying alive.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

No -_- bro, all p.server WoE vids that were sent to me to watch by my friends, they were heavily edited lol

Here in iRO, people cheated yeah but at least they didnt make vids to show it publicly. They only shared among friends lmfao

#18 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Conspiracy theories lol.

#19 wpUSK

wpUSK

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

They gain players from it, if you haven't noticed people saying that they're going to pservers because of the DDOS. And last I checked, even pservers need players to bother staying alive.

Pservers are death, they know that. So what if a few people leave to play them, they were probably pserver players to begin with? They never last long, average 6 to 12 months, and nobody gives a real crap about them.

I call BS on your train of thought. There is no incentive for them to ddos officials when 99% of pservers have only ever had ~200 players running 2-5 clients each. On the other hand, this login glitch occurring from the hammering is a very enticing reason to do it: free crap.

To add to that, most of them are basically non profit too!

Edited by wpUSK, 27 July 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Obviously, there's no MMO that's threatened by RO, so that removes competitor games.

If it was a banned player, why bother hitting all the Revo-Classic servers if you were only banned from one? Unless you're that ambitious to get banned from all of them.

If it was botters, why hit iRO when thRO and pRO are the only ones with anti-bot measures?

Only logical culprit would be pservers because they can't mimick Revo-Classic builds as there's there's barely any information about them other than they're a mix of pre-Renewal and Renewal stuff. They can compete with official pre-Renewal and Renewal servers because they have the information they need to mimick them, but they don't have the information to mimick Revo-Classic.

#21 diluted41

diluted41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Obviously, there's no MMO that's threatened by RO, so that removes competitor games.

If it was a banned player, why bother hitting all the Revo-Classic servers if you were only banned from one? Unless you're that ambitious to get banned from all of them.

If it was botters, why hit iRO when thRO and pRO are the only ones with anti-bot measures?

Only logical culprit would be pservers because they can't mimick Revo-Classic builds as there's there's barely any information about them other than they're a mix of pre-Renewal and Renewal stuff. They can compete with official pre-Renewal and Renewal servers because they have the information they need to mimick them, but they don't have the information to mimick Revo-Classic.

Excellent work, Watson

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

LMFAO hahaha

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Accuse banned players and botters of DDOSing Revo-Classic servers and no one bats an eye.

Accuse pservers of DDOSing and everyone goes crazy. :U

#24 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

I suggest you google the name "GM Cookie"

#25 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Current Server's status:

cNOou-r3QcqBodf2Ems99g.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic