Emporia Wars: Practice Mode? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Emporia Wars: Practice Mode?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Domeshot

Domeshot

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

I've been noticing the lack of creativity in recent emporia wars (ie. camping with 3 specific classes, leave island only for quest etc etc.) and I think part of that is because guilds want to play as safe as possible because that's what they know and understand. Essentially, people are too scared to try something new because they'll probably lose and need to wait an entire week to try again. I'm proposing an EW practice mode which grants each guild the opportunity to practice on their own before tournaments. I think this would allow for a lot more fun experience for players if they can get out of this stale-mate of the current meta, and try newer things. It will also allow players new to EW to have an opportunity to learn the ropes, since most guilds have certain "EW teams" of 10 people or so, the others may not get the chance to experience it. In addition, I think some regulations can put on it, such as:

1) An IM item GMs buy for grant them emporia practice rounds (similar to guild vault expansion)

2) More practice rounds depending on guild level/ guild xp (incentive to keep leveling up)

3) The more EWs the guild registers for, grants practice rounds (gold sink kinda?? this point is kind of a stretch) 

4) Gaining 1* or 2* will allow for more practice rounds

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Something like this would be fun. Maybe just an option to challenge a guild? I don't know how much that'd be used though.

#3 9851170220163549840

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationQueen City of South - Cebu, Philippines
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

+1, but not really into the additional regulations benefit. Since it is a practice mode~ there shouldn't be any kind of limitation or benefit at the same time. Just showing the people how it works and a sample score system.

#4 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

quite interesting suggestion, i approve this.

#5 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

I do really agree with this. Teaching Emporia to someone who doesn't know anything about this mode is hard only with words. The best way to learn how to play in Emporia is to play Emporia, but taking a newbie in Emporia is a risk as the OP said. If this could be done, that would be awesome and we will maybe get rid of the current meta in Emporia.

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

According to Poppie something like this is not possible at the time being.  It seems the emporia war server setup tool is one tool in the long list of broken tools.

....I asked him about something similar and this was his answer....

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

I honestly don't think this is needed, a rework is more of a solution to the problems newbies give. Players abuse deaths, relog for missions, sit in 1 island for 19 minutes, defense is litterally impossible, certain classes excel at getting points and some don't. Its just a cluster of problems.

#8 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

I've been fighting a lot to get an Emporia rework, though it doesn't seem to be a priority at all. I even asked only for a few changes of values like points rewards for some quests, island hopping's cooldown, core HPs but well...

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

First of all: There is not only PvP in this game. But that's not the main reason why nothing has changed to Emporia so far: The easy reason is that we couldn't test anything we change because there are issues with the tool which need to be fixed first. And we don't change things we are absolutely not able to test.

As soon as I am able to setup an emporia war for testing changes properly on the test system we will be able to work on it. We are fully aware that things need to be changed for the emporia war mode.

#10 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

Nice to know the team is aware that EW is far too rng mission based rather than being group pvp driven, even during dragon fight's can have terrible kill:death ratio's still end up winning since all that matter's is the dragon's death.  Godspeed on that endeavor. hopefully we can get EW v2 with more castles (Arcadia).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users