31 replies to this topic

#1 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:37 PM

Today and yesterday i experience major lag and random crashdowns on the servers. Game is disconnecting or lagging. When the game crashes the website also get unavailable.

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

This is caused by a DDOS attack which is sadly still ongoing and affecting all Warpportal games and websites.

#3 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

This is caused by a DDOS attack which is sadly still ongoing and affecting all Warpportal games and websites.

Alright didnt know that. Sad that people spend time to do such things.

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

Agreed. I just hope they are able to find and eliminate the source of this. Because it is hittng the entire WP games really badly, all of them go down every single time a DDOS attack hits.

#5 EternalShadows

EternalShadows

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

Agreed. I just hope they are able to find and eliminate the source of this. Because it is hittng the entire WP games really badly, all of them go down every single time a DDOS attack hits.

Well, I guess not all hackers are equals :heh: .

Been like that since last update, I guess community earing should be the next make up for it..... :p_omg:

There is no stopping them, is everywhere in game on every channel and obviously hitting the entire WP for every game on site. :rice: 

Calling Hacking shield 1-2-3 over>>>

Edited by EternalShadows, 28 July 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#6 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

Apparently people are fine after the server crushes, but I cannot login anymore!

My husband survived one server-down-moment, because his character was afk, but I disconnected, and cannot login anymore. His game looks fine.On discord I see people can login, why am I the only one getting affected by this?

It doesn't even say any error messages, just freezes when I write my password and click login. I re-downloaded the game like 3 times, 1 time from the webpage and 2 times from Popcorn's links. No chance... I spent literally 5 hours to login to the game when others are just playing it!

Why can the others just login back, and I can't? What am I doing wrong? HELP :sob:

#7 jepherdy

jepherdy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

Apparently people are fine after the server crushes, but I cannot login anymore!

My husband survived one server-down-moment, because his character was afk, but I disconnected, and cannot login anymore. His game looks fine.On discord I see people can login, why am I the only one getting affected by this?

It doesn't even say any error messages, just freezes when I write my password and click login. I re-downloaded the game like 3 times, 1 time from the webpage and 2 times from Popcorn's links. No chance... I spent literally 5 hours to login to the game when others are just playing it!

Why can the others just login back, and I can't? What am I doing wrong? HELP :sob:

I cant log in too until now. It says on my log in 'Failed to log in to server.' What should we do about this -_-

#8 jepherdy

jepherdy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

Is there anyone else who can't log in? Its been like 6 hours now and still can't log in. 

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

At the top right corner of the forum is a message field. Vmod Cinnamon has left a message in there. Even if it was mainly directed at RO players it should be working for DS players too.

You can't log in right now because you are affected by the mitigation that is currently running to prevent another DDOS attack from happening. This is basically a very very strong protection that sadly blocks the server (game) access of some people. Please do what Vmod Cinnamon already told the RO people having problems to get into their game - write a ticket to the support. Tell them all needed information and inform them about the fact you are unable to log into the game. They have to manually get you through the mitigation. This happens only one time, at least it was like that in the past and after they got you through manually you should be able to get in the game all by yourself again. But you will need the help of the support team. Basically they will give your account a little push and kick it through the running mitigation.

Why can some log in and others not?

Some accounts are more affected by the running mitigation than others which are just slightly affected. (example would be really slow log in, sometimes laggy game, slow loading maps on map changes and so on..)
I'm under the lucky ones this time (haven't been in the past though), for me the game is working but really slow on any map changes.

The problem is not on your end, you can't solve it yourself. Re-installation of the game does not fix this issue. The only way to fix this issue is to write a ticket to the support team and to ask for help.

#10 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:12 AM

At the top right corner of the forum is a message field. Vmod Cinnamon has left a message in there. Even if it was mainly directed at RO players it should be working for DS players too.

You can't log in right now because you are affected by the mitigation that is currently running to prevent another DDOS attack from happening. This is basically a very very strong protection that sadly blocks the server (game) access of some people. Please do what Vmod Cinnamon already told the RO people having problems to get into their game - write a ticket to the support. Tell them all needed information and inform them about the fact you are unable to log into the game. They have to manually get you through the mitigation. This happens only one time, at least it was like that in the past and after they got you through manually you should be able to get in the game all by yourself again. But you will need the help of the support team. Basically they will give your account a little push and kick it through the running mitigation.

Some accounts are more affected by the running mitigation than others which are just slightly affected. (example would be really slow log in, sometimes laggy game, slow loading maps on map changes and so on..)
I'm under the lucky ones this time (haven't been in the past though), for me the game is working but really slow on any map changes.

The problem is not on your end, you can't solve it yourself. Re-installation of the game does not fix this issue. The only way to fix this issue is to write a ticket to the support team and to ask for help.

Thank you, will do that! :p_love: :thx:

#11 jepherdy

jepherdy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

Thank you, will do that! :p_love: :thx:

I already submitted a ticket. Can you let me know if yours is fixed already? thank you

#12 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

I already submitted a ticket. Can you let me know if yours is fixed already? thank you

Sure, I will post it here if I can login again or if I get an answer. Good luck!

#13 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

I seem to have the same issue I cant log in the whole day.

#14 Avodac

Avodac

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

I've been trying to log in for about 6 hours, out of which I spent about 2 doing research if this was just on my end or if others were experiencing this as well. I couldn't find ANYTHING about it. I think it's completely ridiculous that a host of an online game disables some of their players from logging in without letting them know. Not even a small announcement on the main site, on the dragon saga site, or the twitter page. This small topic hidden away on the forums is literally the only information I could find. 

It's fuked up that I missed out on 6 hours on the EXP bonus event and now I still have to wait if I'll get an answer to my ticket to let me connect to the server. Now I see why nobody plays this game. Horrible servers and a horrible hosting company. IMO it's not a lot to ask to just let your players know why they can't log in.

Edited by Avodac, 28 July 2017 - 07:59 AM.

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Well, I guess not all hackers are equals :heh: .

Been like that since last update, I guess community earing should be the next make up for it..... :p_omg:

It is not Dragon Saga which is attacked. It's another WarpPortal game.

#16 Avodac

Avodac

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

It is not Dragon Saga which is attacked. It's another WarpPortal game.

Then how come I can't log in? I've been trying for hours, made a new account, reinstalled the game twice, even downloaded it on steam, but nothing is working.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Then how come I can't log in? I've been trying for hours, made a new account, reinstalled the game twice, even downloaded it on steam, but nothing is working.

The player Fliederduft78 already gave the correct explanation to this. 

Please refer to the just posted official statement you can find here

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2665429
which is basically stating the same.

#18 EternalShadows

EternalShadows

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

The player Fliederduft78 already gave the correct explanation to this. 

Please refer to the just posted official statement you can find here

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2665429
which is basically stating the same.

No.......................... server keeps logging off  people, on and off every other hour and that's a fact on the dragon saga community.  I log in fine, for how long do I stay? Over an hour and everyone on the community gets kicked out after the same period. Is not only RO, but also here in DS.

Most of the people here has problems with log in, those are personnel submitting tickets, and the ones that does not have log in issues, get disconnected every other hour. 

Edited by EternalShadows, 28 July 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#19 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

If you are unable to log into the server even when it is up, please send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com with your IP information so they can check to see if our mitigation efforts may be restricting your log in abilities at this time. 

The Warpportal servers are experiencing a DDoS attack, so Dragon Saga is being affected as well as the Ragnarok titles and ROSE Online. The DDoS attack is resulting in periodic connection issues at this time. The link that Popcorn provided leads to the forum post on this issue. 

#20 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:12 AM

<snip> Edit: please do not call out names of GMs in public sent me an email which was probably sent to everyone...

"Thank you for contacting Customer Support. My name is <snip> and I will be assisting you with your concern.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing when trying to connect to our servers. There is an ongoing issue that the WarpPortal Team is working on getting resolved. Kindly check the Dragon Saga Official WebsiteDragon Saga Official Facebook PageDragon Saga Steam Official Website, and the Dragon Saga Official Twitter Page for any updates and announcements regarding the issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work towards a resolution.
Should you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to send us a new ticket."

So nothing new on my side... Any luck anyone?

Edited by Popcorn, 30 July 2017 - 08:48 AM.

#21 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:11 AM

Oh my.....

This is not the kind of answer I got as it happened to me in the past. Maybe it would be best if you write an answer to that ticket telling them you only did what you were supposed to do to find out if your account is affected by the mitigation (and in the best case to get your account "unstuck"). Worth a try at least. Maybe including the link to the official statement would be helpful.

They are telling everyone to write a ticket to check if the running mitigation prevents their account(s) from logging in and this is surely not the kind of answer I would expect in that case....I'm sorry that this is happening to you.

On a side note, some of my friends who are not able to log in told me they are not even able to reach the warpportal websites and support page....maybe someone should have a look at this too. Because how shall they contact the support if they are not even able to open the support page.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 30 July 2017 - 03:12 AM.

#22 EternalShadows

EternalShadows

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:28 AM

<snip> Edit: please do not call out names of GMs in public

"Thank you for contacting Customer Support. My name is <snip> and I will be assisting you with your concern.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing when trying to connect to our servers. There is an ongoing issue that the WarpPortal Team is working on getting resolved. Kindly check the Dragon Saga Official WebsiteDragon Saga Official Facebook PageDragon Saga Steam Official Website, and the Dragon Saga Official Twitter Page for any updates and announcements regarding the issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work towards a resolution.
Should you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to send us a new ticket."

So nothing new on my side... Any luck anyone?

They don't have a fix yet, just wait. It's not only DS is the entire WP, once they are able to find solution they will bring all IP's back up, give them time. Ticket won't do any good, I tried that already, cause the problem is not solved yet, so wait till they have it under control.

#23 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

Think we need to have a serious conversation about the the support system. Those kind of answers are so out of fashion now days and for a reason.

Anyways, one issue at a time. So tickets won't help? And btw I can't access the support page on my home connection either, had to send the report by sharing connection from my phone.

@EternalShadows We were told by staff to send tickets.

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

I am very sorry to hear that. Since I am no GM I as well as the CMs just forwarded the informations we got. I will immediately forward your complains to the people responsible.

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Can you please try to login again and give us some feedback? Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users