Warpportal Service Interruption: Connection and Lag issues - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Warpportal Service Interruption: Connection and Lag issues

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Please know that Warpportal services and games have been experiencing periodic connection issues due to a DDoS attack. We are currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and will continue to post announcements regarding this issue until it has been resolved. During this time some players may be experiencing further issues accessing the game due to mitigation issues in place. If you are experiencing issues accessing the game when the server is up, please send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update 08/09/2017: Some mitigation is still in place and may affect connection to Warpportal games and services. If you are unable to access the Warpportal websites and games, please send your IP address in a ticket to our support team. If you are unable to access the ticket tool please send me a message here on the forums. 

If you are experiencing client issues after our most recent update, this may also be due to connection issues. Connection issues may cause client corruption during the patcher download, and one way to help resolve this would be to check out the steps outlined by Popcorn here. Please try this method if you are getting "server not responding" errors, if you are getting stuck after character selection, random dcs in game, white screen and crash after starting the game, pink or missing textures, or missing portals. 

#2 Avodac

Avodac

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Oh you finally took the effort of letting us know something, after a part of your playerbase has been unable to login to the server for the entire day (been trying for 8 hours now). It's evening in Europe and I missed a full day of the exp boost weekend. I assume a reply to my support ticket is going to take about 6 hours as well? 

#3 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

Oh you finally took the effort of letting us know something, after a part of your playerbase has been unable to login to the server for the entire day (been trying for 8 hours now). It's evening in Europe and I missed a full day of the exp boost weekend. I assume a reply to my support ticket is going to take about 6 hours as well? 

We apologize for the delay in posting on the forums regarding this matter! We have been posting announcements regarding this issue on social media as well throughout the time this issue has been occurring. You can find further information on the Dragon Saga Website, Facebook, Steam and Twitter pages! Tickets may take some time to be answered, although I do not have an exact wait time, due to the high number of tickets at this time. 

#4 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

the game is back online for now but since this morning it keeping going down for 20 min and go back up.  i hope the issue will be fix quickly.

i wonder why they are targeting smaller games like us. this is just lame of them. keep resisting and fight back.  :p_hi: you can do it

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

i wonder why they are targeting smaller games like us. this is just lame of them. keep resisting and fight back.  :p_hi: you can do it

We (Dragon Saga) are not the target. We are victims of the attacks that are not directed directly against Dragon Saga. Most WarpPortal Games and WarpPortal Websites are affected by the attacks.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Can I just wait it out instead or am I never going to be able to log in if I don't send a ticket?

#7 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

Can I just wait it out instead or am I never going to be able to log in if I don't send a ticket?

The actual question is whether it really helps to send a ticket? I sent it and I am still waiting to be unblocked, for a whole day now.

So, even if you send a ticket you will be waiting.

I gave up and using my husband's liquid sky computer now, since it has another IP address.

Good Luck!

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

That's why I'm asking, getting your ticket answered can very well take 3-4 days now.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

And the mitigation can be running for weeks - depending on how long these subjects are having fun DDoSing us. The mitigation won't be removed immediately after the DDoS attacks have been stopped. Since no one can know how long the mitigation has to be kept in place writing a ticket would be your best option.

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:34 AM

I see, thanks.

#11 Lonchasxz

Lonchasxz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

I am not able to login in my account, the patcher charges up normally but once i try to log in in my account nothing happen,, what can i do?

#12 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

I am not able to login in my account, the patcher charges up normally but once i try to log in in my account nothing happen,, what can i do?

If you still can't log in and you know that the game is up, you should make a ticket. Here is the link to do that.   As Popcorn said, it might be due to mitigation because of the recent DDOS attacks. 

Please be patient because support is being flooded with tickets right now from all of the games. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

#13 ertsallifel

ertsallifel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

During this time some players may be experiencing further issues accessing the game due to mitigation issues in place. If you are experiencing issues accessing the game when the server is up, please send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com.

Didn't work, got a copy-pasted answer saying that the game is currently having issues blah blah blah...

I talked with my guild members through Discord, most of them can login fine when the servers are up, but our home IP address definitively can't go in.

If we're using https://liquidsky.com/ , we can play just fine, since the remote computer has a different IP address, but it's going to get quickly expensive.

#14 Kanuzki

Kanuzki

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

Still cant log in to server. It doesn`t do anything after I typed username and password. Tried submitting a  ticket, no response yet.

#15 Avodac

Avodac

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

I thought this site and therefore your servers had been down for 2 days now, until I just recently found out that some people are actually able to play. This means that the DDOS mitigation IP block not only inluences the game, but also the access to the site. Which results in people who need to send a support ticket being unable to do so because they can't access this site (or the support section). The only reason I'm able to type this message is because I'm using an American proxy atm.

EDIT: If I'm smart enough to use a proxy/VPN, what makes you think the DDOS hackers are unable to do so as well? How is this ever going to work?

Also I sent a ticket 58 hours ago and still haven't received an answer. I've been unable to log in for the entire duration of the event (it's evening in Europe now so I've only got a few hours left) which means I didn't get any use out of the exp boost while I had nothing else to do this weekend than farm. Have you decided what you're gonna do to compensate for this inconvenience for the players who were IP blocked and didn't get unblocked because you're not handling the support tickets quickly enough?

Edited by Avodac, 30 July 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#16 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

seem like Europe is the most affected region. in Canada i was able to log every day during the attack but was kick out of the server from time to time. and when it happen every service is off line for like 5 to 30 sec before able to log back again. i know how you feel about this. but for now the only thing we can do is wait until the DDos attack is over.

the DEV team of warpportal is trying they best to fix the issue.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Currently there are two different "issues".

The DDoS attack hits are periodically that strong that everyone was kicked out of the game and was not able to login until the attacks were over. This happened until the IT team/ISP put the so called DDoS mitigation in place. With this mitigation some people are not able to connect to the game and websites at all because the filters of the mitigation have to be adjusted to "whitelist" them. 

That does not look region specific. Some have it and some have not. This is the sad situation currently. Our IT Team is working hard on adjusting everything so that everyone is able to play again. Still there is a slight impact to the games while the DDoS attacks are hitting us like lags.

We will post updates on this matter as soon as more informations are available.

#18 ertsallifel

ertsallifel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Cenen and me can now log into the game without using LiquidSky or our phone's 4G so the IP ban was lifted for our home !

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear that 

#20 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

Update: The Warpportal team continues to work to resolve this matter. The DDoS attack changed a bit last night which is why we experienced some more disconnection issues after that event, but mitigation efforts have been adjusted since then to help combat this problem. We will continue to update here with more information as soon as we get it. Thank you again for your patience everyone. 

#21 cartouche

cartouche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

i can access the game fine, but am unable to access the power-up page at all, when i put my log-in details it says "the page is unaccessible".

Is this due to the DDOS mitigation or does warpportal not want my money? :P

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Hello, did you try another browser to access the page already? From Germany it is accessible without any problems.

#23 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

That issue is caused by a popup/ad blocker.

Edited by Apocryphos, 01 August 2017 - 11:00 AM.

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

I usually get "Payment Error" when using a popup/ad blocker.

#25 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

Oops, yeah same just tested it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users