Current Server Status - Page 17 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#401 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor, pRO Valkyrie

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

I see so we're being DDOSed now. Bad timing :(

#402 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Definitely DDoS'd, looks like WP needs to up its mitigation game. I was DC'd then when I came back to the log on screen the number of players for both Thor and Chaos has decreased.

Edited by Usurper, 26 August 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#403 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

Their mitigation is up, as IP ranges have been blocked again and can't connect without VPN.

The epic butthurt of the ddoser continues.

#404 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

it is time now to report to the fbi nbi nypd ropd intiligense division.pay them now to track that stupid hacker. indeed a bad timing .cronus bounty is my bestfriend but i cant fully use it

#405 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Definitely DDoS'd, looks like WP needs to up its mitigation game. I was DC'd then when I came back to the log on screen the number of players for both Thor and Chaos has decreased.

Mitigation is not the same as nullification.

#406 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

i can open the client and the site but i cant connect to the game .....

#407 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Why don't we just close down the server since everyone just complaining about WP not doing anything and WP can't do -_- at all? U can't DDOS a server that already shutdown and dead   :p_hi: 

giphy_71.gif

#408 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Why don't we just close down the server since everyone just complaining about WP not doing anything and WP can't do -_- at all? U can't DDOS a server that already shutdown and dead   :p_hi: 

giphy_71.gif

So you are kind of person who would kill yourself when you face the trouble instead of trying to deal with it? You can't have more troubles when you are dead too. But, is that realistic though rofl.

#409 NormalPeople

NormalPeople

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Thor /Chaos, mostly Thor

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

I think we found the culprit here  :gg:

#410 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

So you are kind of person who would kill yourself when you face the trouble instead of trying to deal with it? You can't have more troubles when you are dead too. But, is that realistic though rofl.

Yo. If someone keep harassing and spoiling your business, and you don't bother doing something about it. Why not just shutdown the business and move to somewhere else. Obviously this DDOS person is gonna be here for a very long time. WP just don't seem competent enough to handle.  I am just saying. WP don't care anyway  :p_hi:  

#411 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

All WP needs to do is research 'flood guard' and learn how to implement it. There are many forums out there that can easily show you how to do this. Either that or set up VLANs and honey pots.

I specialize in networking.

Edited by DieNasty, 26 August 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#412 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

All WP needs to do is research 'flood guard' and learn how to implement it. There are many forums out there that can easily show you how to do this. Either that or set up VLANs and honey pots.

I specialize in networking.

Uh, wat? This sounds more like you just googled up some things, no offense. Even if you dump the enormous stream of data at the front door, it's still hitting the front door and blocking everyone else. So what are you going to do about it then? Many services spread the data onto multiple servers on the cloud, but that won't work for a game server. Even if they could block the traffic farther out from the data center, it's still going to cause problems, not to mention cost more.

#413 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Uh, wat? This sounds more like you just googled up some things, no offense. Even if you dump the enormous stream of data at the front door, it's still hitting the front door and blocking everyone else. So what are you going to do about it then? Many services spread the data onto multiple servers on the cloud, but that won't work for a game server. Even if they could block the traffic farther out from the data center, it's still going to cause problems, not to mention cost more.

I've been in this field for many years, so it doesn't matter if you think I google it or not.  Feel free to share with WP or a staff member with your knowledge if you're such an expert.

#414 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

I've been in this field for many years, so it doesn't matter if you think I google it or not.  Feel free to share with WP or a staff member with your knowledge if you're such an expert.

No, that's my point. If there's anything they could be doing, they're already doing it. A DDoS is not something you just "deny" and everything's all good.

#415 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

Stuck in instance for twice today. What a good sunday. Any solution to solve this problem.

#416 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

No, that's my point. If there's anything they could be doing, they're already doing it. A DDoS is not something you just "deny" and everything's all good.

Just shut it down then or stop taking money from all those ppl whether it for VIP or cash item that is bugged to begin with. It is shameful  :p_hi:

#417 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Mitigation is not the same as nullification.

I was referring to mitigation, what gave you the idea that I was talking about nullifying it? you're not the only one around here with a basic idea of how DDoS works, so please keep the corrections to a minimum.

#418 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Just shut it down then or stop taking money from all those ppl whether it for VIP or cash item that is bugged to begin with. It is shameful  :p_hi:

To be honest, that would make people even more upset. What I find shameful is how many, even if it's not THAT many, people coming here and placing all the blame on Gravity and WP. When it's clear these people don't have a clue what they're talking about. Don't get me wrong, Gravity and WP have their problems, moreso the former from what I can see, but a DDoS is just not something you make "go away". Even if you're rolling in money to put towards better systems, for a game server there's simply not a whole lot you can do.

I was referring to mitigation, what gave you the idea that I was talking about nullifying it? you're not the only one around here with a basic idea of how DDoS works, so please keep the corrections to a minimum.

But they already are doing what they can to mitigate it. Or do you assume they have the level of funds companies like Google or Microsoft have? Even if they did, for something static like a game server, you're far more limited in what you can do, and it can get terribly expensive.

Edited by Ispano, 26 August 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#419 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

That is why I stated to "up their mitigtion game". Wouldn't you agree that there is a major noticable differnce during the first few weeks of the attack compared to today? They need to eacalate this even higher to their ISP is what I am suggesting.

#420 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

To be honest, that would make people even more upset. What I find shameful is how many, even if it's not THAT many, people coming here and placing all the blame on Gravity and WP. When it's clear these people don't have a clue what they're talking about. Don't get me wrong, Gravity and WP have their problems, moreso the former from what I can see, but a DDoS is just not something you make "go away". Even if you're rolling in money to put towards better systems, for a game server there's simply not a whole lot you can do.

But they already are doing what they can to mitigate it. Or do you assume they have the level of funds companies like Google or Microsoft have? Even if they did, for something static like a game server, you're far more limited in what you can do, and it can get terribly expensive.

Hey my man. How do u know if WP trying their best or just sitting down at office sipping coffee and ignoring us. Do u work there? and how much did they pay u to sugar coat their butt. I want some of that sheet too  :p_hi:

#421 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

No weekend for WP employee

#422 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:20 AM

ip block again by WP forum.. I thought they memorized my IP when I sent it by a ticket

#423 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:44 AM

So when you guys gonna fix it? Almost 1 day now and still not yet fix it.

#424 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:54 AM

its not ddos problem.. i's the ban IP problem.. they (warpportal) are blocking our access in forum and games (ramdomly, I guess and hope so)...

#425 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

its not ddos problem.. i's the ban IP problem.. they (warpportal) are blocking our access in forum and games (ramdomly, I guess and hope so)...

They're trying to fix it by blocking the wrong people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users