Current Server Status - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#101 PriscillaOtome

PriscillaOtome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationProntera's Church.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:47 AM

We need to send our prayers to Odin, so everything will be resolved.

#102 Lovens

Lovens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

I just want to know the state of WoE with everyone unable to login due to IP or login issues. Everything else is a breeze at this point.  :heh:

#103 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

Since the last official update (yesterday by Camps) we dont have any official update, I understand if you cant disclouse info about attackers or progress, or even if there is any progress. But, do you GMs/CMs/Staff/IT Department still working on it full time? even if there is no progress i will feel more comfortable if at lease every day (most likely every 10 to 12 hours will be fine) post something like "We still working on it, be patient".

#104 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

This is really starting to get extremely frustrating. If the ddos attack really does come from a disgruntled botter. I seriously hope wp will stand their ground and keep those account banned. Whoever is doing this is also puzzling me; why bother attacking a game company, with these much bandwidth/botnet power to deny access to alot of people why not attack a bank instead?? Ask for a ransom from a bank vs ransom from a game company?? I know which is much more profitable... unless the aim isnt actually warpportal itself but more towards other company that uses the same ISP.

Seriously, doesnt make sense at all. But in please stand your ground wp, it will hurt but at least most of the players will understand.

#105 AlanLimZhiLun

AlanLimZhiLun

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

so here is my problem,i can't login the game and even warpportal website,it's being 2 day already,how can i submit a ticket this way??

#106 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

There are no new updates as of this hour, other than the continuous DDOS attacks on logins.

#107 KeiiMaebara

KeiiMaebara

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

So I tried logging in my alt to vend, oddly enough after a few minutes of being in game, I get disconnected. Happened 3 times in a row now, Could it be that the attacks shifted to recent logins? I dont usually participate in forums but this incident pisses me off bigtime :pif:  

#108 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

This is really starting to get extremely frustrating. If the ddos attack really does come from a disgruntled botter. I seriously hope wp will stand their ground and keep those account banned. Whoever is doing this is also puzzling me; why bother attacking a game company, with these much bandwidth/botnet power to deny access to alot of people why not attack a bank instead?? Ask for a ransom from a bank vs ransom from a game company?? I know which is much more profitable... unless the aim isnt actually warpportal itself but more towards other company that uses the same ISP.

Seriously, doesnt make sense at all. But in please stand your ground wp, it will hurt but at least most of the players will understand.

It's more likely directed at the community than the company. There are several players in some of the higher ranking guilds who got where they are by taking advantage of other players trust and kindness to a pathetic degree. If it were a botter they could simply roll new bots, if it were a player that got banned they'd get over it or move on. This is over something very personal so my money is on the aforementioned or an employee who was fired.

#109 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Reminds me of death note

#110 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

Reminds me of death note

Not sure what you mean since I never watched it but reading back over these comments I do sound way more dramatic than intended. I really do wonder why someone has put this much time in just to piss ro players off. I could see it happening to a big mmo or even japan or korea ro servers but iro has less than 20k active players most months so what is the point?

#111 nightglidecx

nightglidecx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

"Failed to connect to path server"

Any news on the server status please? let us know what is going on

#112 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Do you really read the replies before post? only 1 hour before VModCinnamon "update" this

There are no new updates as of this hour, other than the continuous DDOS attacks on logins.

Edited by S207, 29 July 2017 - 08:53 AM.

#113 belmarmaduk

belmarmaduk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Not sure what you mean since I never watched it but reading back over these comments I do sound way more dramatic than intended. I really do wonder why someone has put this much time in just to piss ro players off. I could see it happening to a big mmo or even japan or korea ro servers but iro has less than 20k active players most months so what is the point?

i blame RE:Start for this

we had similar problems when the game hit Steam, WP doesn't have the available bandwidth to handle a big server population increase, so when the DDOS attacks came instead of a little lag we had connectivity and latency nightmares for like two months

given the incredible amount of whining about bots going on I wouldn't be surprised if some caremad 14 year old started a DDOS attack from a bunch of chinese proxies thinking they were gonna Do Something About These Bots We Have by getting them blocked by DDOS protection. it's like mass branching on an incredibly stupid scale

Edited by belmarmaduk, 29 July 2017 - 09:00 AM.

#114 Estra

Estra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

I think what he means is like for me when people have been able to log in the patcher doesn't even work I reinstalled ragnarok and it still does nothing like its down or something and I no people are in the game so why wouldn't the patcher work I think he has same problem as me.

#115 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHouse of Summer Cherries
  • Server:Iris native

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

What if only a handful of players are allowed to access the server and taking advantge of an empty server ./gg

#116 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

What if only a handful of players are allowed to access the server and taking advantge of an empty server ./gg

Well they can only be partially taking advantage of it. They get dced continuously on map transitions and get locked out for short spans like everyone else. There are periods where you can get on between login server crashes if you are lucky enough and then can play some but it is too frustrating to deal with in my opinion and I don't want to sit on one map for countless hours until it passes.

#117 yudhonpp

yudhonpp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

FAQ

• Will there be compensation?
    • Yes once things are stable we will reevaluate the current compensation plan. We are aware that various item mall consumables were used by users. If you consumed one the GMs can see it in the logs and restore it. Unfortunately you will have to submit a ticket for consumables as each case is unique

Well, if this paragraph means only compensate on players that used item mall consumables during the DC's, i think it's not fair. You might have to consider about, for example: time that wasted, exp that has been decreased cause of death, pet intimacy that keep decrease cause of death, instance time wasted so we have wait for the cooldown, welcoming the economic stagnancy, stuck in instance that makes us wait for the airlift, et cetera.

Hope this will add into your consideration.

Edited by yudhonpp, 29 July 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#118 xMGMx

xMGMx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

Until now i am wish to log-on for my ro acount character but still not avaible to connect here my country by using internet connection GLOBE DSL

#119 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

attempt 3 to reply to the thread...

Cinnamon - are the GMs in with full staff or are they having weekend staff? and do we know about woe yet?

#120 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Status of woe?

#121 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

For all the people assuming it is some one with a vendetta. At this point it isn't. It is likely a botnet testing the strength of the DDoS protection in place as well as how much data they can cram down the pipes. I say this as we recently trained up several 10gig circuits. Within a week they were DDoS'ed. These circuits hosted nothing, ran nothing, were simply for outbound traffic. The simplest solution and one I would suggest WP try at this point; is go dark for an hour or two.

As for botnets, personal computer security isn't what we need to worry about, its embedded devices. How many of you think its cool you can control your stereo over WiFi? Well your stereo likely has the security of a 7 year old Cellphone, but it has your internet connection; Congratulations! your stereo or any other embedded device could be at stake.

((Edit: Grammar, I forgot another comma splice!))

Edited by Fayti, 29 July 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#122 Glauco32

Glauco32

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

I lost my last two VIP days because of this problem.  :pif: 

I hope you can resolve soon.  :no1:

#123 belmarmaduk

belmarmaduk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

i am trying to spend money on this game but i literally cannot because warp-portal doesn't have the sense to just let steam's logon token straight through the DDOS filter

or to fix the steam/warp-portal cash shop issues (never gonna happen)

#124 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

"i am trying to spend money on this game but i literally cannot because warp-portal doesn't have the sense to just let steam's logon token straight through the DDOS filter"

Honestly, that could be the vector they are using or an aggregate method of steam tokens and non steam tokens.

That said I would be VERY interested in some metrics after the fact. Something along the lines of How much throughput was crammed in WP's pipes vs what they have to the servers and what types of things they were attempting if it was just DNS requests or a specific type of traffic.

#125 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

For all the people assuming it is some one with a vendetta. At this point it isn't. It is likely a botnet testing the strength of the DDoS protection in place as well as how much data they can cram down the pipes. I say this as we recently trained up several 10gig circuits. Within a week they were DDoS'ed. These circuits hosted nothing, ran nothing, were simply for outbound traffic. The simplest solution and one I would suggest WP try at this point; is go dark for an hour or two.

As for botnets, personal computer security isn't what we need to worry about, its embedded devices. How many of you think its cool you can control your stereo over WiFi? Well your stereo likely has the security of a 7 year old Cellphone, but it has your internet connection; Congratulations! your stereo or any other embedded device could be at stake.

((Edit: Grammar, I forgot another comma splice!))

On a game with as limited traffic as ro they wouldn't benefit at all. So you do manage to affect 5-10k people, what of it? Not to mention the iro player base is spread across multiple contenents meaning it wouldn't even be a centralized attack. Who would bother? The security for WP is vastly inferior to pretty much every other mmo publisher in existence so it teaches nothing worthwhile. It's either a disgruntled former employee or sweaty man child with too much free time and misdirected angst. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users