Current Server Status - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#126 Estra

Estra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

I already sign up for WTFast and its not even letting me patch the client so dont sign up for it

#127 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Oh and if you want to bypass this clowns ddos attempts when it says disconnected after booting up ro just wait for the dialog to time out then click ok and it will leave the client open allowing you to login. He's targeting the login portal,not even the login server.

#128 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Or it's just somebody that has a small gigabit botnet and they wanna feel good about it. So they target something that's unable to handle it.

You'll never affect something big. When you think of a small, understaffed game, what's the first one that comes to mind?

It's an easy target. And the fact that mitigation isn't gonna happen... idk why you'd ever stop the attack. With how it's getting handled, that botnet could literally end this game.

Pretty funny. The servers are probably rack mounted in a closet in some office building. And wp staff is responsible for mitigation.

Poor design got us here. And it'll keep us here.

AWS ftw. So many tools to mitigate things like this quickly, and if you pay for their support, they'd have it ran to ground immediately.

#129 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Or it's just somebody that has a small gigabit botnet and they wanna feel good about it. So they target something that's unable to handle it.

You'll never affect something big. When you think of a small, understaffed game, what's the first one that comes to mind?

It's an easy target. And the fact that mitigation isn't gonna happen... idk why you'd ever stop the attack. With how it's getting handled, that botnet could literally end this game.

Pretty funny. The servers are probably rack mounted in a closet in some office building. And wp staff is responsible for mitigation.

AWS ftw. So many tools to mitigate things like this quickly, and if you pay for their support, they'd have it ran to ground immediately.

The problem is that MMOs don't really work to well with cloud services like that. If you could have game data cloned around many servers in many locations and seemlessly move people around them as needed, then sure, it could work. But the amout of data that would need to be kept and cloned simply doesn't work for a game like this. Not to mention the extra latency it would add.

#130 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

just instal vpn and u can play instal https://www.hotspotshield.com/vpn/

#131 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

You know you are probably right. I just have trouble understanding peoples logic when it comes to something like that. If I were going to commit multiple felonies there'd have to be higher stakes than the salt of a few gamers. It's kind of depressing to me to think someone has that much time and resources and would blow their load on a tiny community like this one. But I suppose it does happen.

#132 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

On a game with as limited traffic as ro they wouldn't benefit at all. So you do manage to affect 5-10k people, what of it? Not to mention the iro player base is spread across multiple contenents meaning it wouldn't even be a centralized attack. Who would bother? The security for WP is vastly inferior to pretty much every other mmo publisher in existence so it teaches nothing worthwhile. It's either a disgruntled former employee or sweaty man child with too much free time and misdirected angst. 

Explain then why the fresh new circuits were targeted in my post? We are trying to humanize it because we are frustrated at the outcome. The truth of it, is there doesn't need to be a vindictive reason, but having one makes us feel better. Also you are forgetting this DDoS is against WarpPortal as a whole not just RO. All of their games are affected.

If they could pay. Have to admit Amazon is actually really good at this kind of thing. I would personally prefer an open source traffic shaping firewall but that's my gig.

#133 luciffiera

luciffiera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

I can't login from Friday...

I need help :(

#134 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Explain then why the fresh new circuits were targeted in my post? We are trying to humanize it because we are frustrated at the outcome. The truth of it, is there doesn't need to be a vindictive reason, but having one makes us feel better. Also you are forgetting this DDoS is against WarpPortal as a whole not just RO. All of their games are affected.

If they could pay. Have to admit Amazon is actually really good at this kind of thing. I would personally prefer an open source traffic shaping firewall but that's my gig.

It's true. I'm not overly frustrated but like I said above I just can't comprehend the lack of logic behind an attack on a small scale like this when they could put the same knowledge and resources into making tons of money or any number of less benign objectives. I'm not particularly intelligent but even to me this seems like wasted talent on the attackers end.

#135 Estra

Estra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

just instal vpn and u can play instal https://www.hotspotshield.com/vp

thank you it works

#136 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

It's true. I'm not overly frustrated but like I said above I just can't comprehend the lack of logic behind an attack on a small scale like this when they could put the same knowledge and resources into making tons of money or any number of less benign objectives. I'm not particularly intelligent but even to me this seems like wasted talent on the attackers end.

Depends on your goals. Some people just want to feel like they control something. It's a power trip.

#137 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

just instal vpn and u can play instal https://www.hotspotshield.com/vp

thank you it works

yes... XD

#138 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Depends on your goals. Some people just want to feel like they control something. It's a power trip.

That too... Plenty of times I've felt like making someones life a bit more interesting but it never plays out well.

#139 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

The most Epic fight in the Entire UNIVERSE..

.anyway hotspot VPN works 

(but i dunno if anyone will sell  the items(secret: to avoid OPrice) that i'm looking for, in this not normal day in sever). :p_sad:

#140 Meekaru

Meekaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

It's still a waste if you ask me. If they are getting off on this, well it's still a small event. They managed to breach the weakest security on the west coast, is that anything to celebrate? Botters have been able to literally unban their own accounts under the noses of wp in the past. Just a mild suspicion but nonetheless I don't think they are really on the ball when it comes to this. I can't blame them honestly. I'd have quit dealing with gravities red tape and bs a long time ago, but is this really a feat for this individual?

#141 marcswoods

marcswoods

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

renewal its working?

#142 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

We hope and pray for the best, Oda and other admin we really appreciate all you are doing to get the servers back online and safe. Please do not get discouraged by the ignorant players who want everything done yesterday and do not understand how much damage has been and can still happen.

God Speed Oda!!

~April

#143 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

yes... XD

it works for me too, thanks buddy

#144 Akinatsu

Akinatsu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Server on?

#145 CTFF1994

CTFF1994

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Well, I could long in the game, but when I teleport to a town, I dc. Also, I take some time longer than the normal to enter in the game, since it's taking too long to load.

Edited by CTFF1994, 29 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.

#146 DiegooC

DiegooC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Is server up?? or still down??? why some poeple can log in and much other cant??? so unfair...

#147 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Until now i am wish to log-on for my ro acount character but still not avaible to connect here my country by using internet connection GLOBE DSL

Stop using google translate

#148 Seta2501

Seta2501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

How can there be shops logged in??

Go back and re-read the very first post in this topic by Campitor. He answers that in his second sentence.

just instal vpn and u can play https://www.hotspotshield.com/vpn/

Is server up?? or still down??? why some poeple can log in and much other cant??? so unfair...

^Why you no read before you post?  :wah:

#149 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

phRO and twRO are also being DDOS'd, I believe. So this is probably not just because of a ban tantrum on iRO.

Edited by Exuro, 29 July 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#150 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Current server status: A bloody joke.

NDL, auto targeting, packet injecting etc needs to stop. One particular guild has many that abuse these to the 9th end. Many tickets were submitted to no avail.

Everyone should quit and they can farm a dead server like they always do. Only then the GMs may actually do something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users