Self-Reliant Fast Track to Full Support Priest - Acolyte Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Self-Reliant Fast Track to Full Support Priest

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Most people assume Full Support Priests should heal-bomb early on, or actually play a supporting role.  This is essentially what one would expect of an acolyte aiming for Priest, but it will slow down any party, and slow down your acolyte due to spending 5~10 minutes to sit for your precious SP, because Renewal mechanics cripples early game SP regen, and Agi + Bless gets costly, even if you're only leveling with 1 other person.

So here's what you do:

1) Make a killer first.  Anything that uses Maces is preferable.  I highly recommend a merchant if you haven't made one yet, but it's not necessary atm.

Options: Merchant, Swordman, Battle Acolyte

Battle Acolyte means shared equipment (especially if you're prepping a Monk, or desire to make a Monk).

2) Take your killer, make enough cash to buy the following items:

- Roda Frog Card (about 100~250k) = http://ragi.al/item/iRO-Odin/rg8

- Mantle [1] (about 15~30k) = http://ragi.al/item/iRO-Odin/BAk

- Chain [2] (Prontera Church, 23,000z or 17,480z with DC) OR Chain [3] (about 100~200k) = http://ragi.al/item/iRO-Odin/8AU

- 2 Concentration Potions (assuming you haven't any extras, buy more if you want, but 2 is sufficient)

I recommend the Chain [2] to speed things up.

*SPECIAL NOTE* - The Mantle + Roda Frog Card is NOT necessary, but it gives a nice extra buffer of HP and SP that is exceedingly beneficial through to Priest due to enemy damage (helps when your HP is 700 without it, and what you're killing can dish out 300/500/700/1000 damage with certain skill attacks, where with the Roda you'll survive and can heal yourself often before they hit you again).

3) Enter the upgrade shop in any town, buy 6 Emvraticon if you don't have any, costs 6,000 total, 1,000 per.  Equip the Chain, and upgrade it to +6 (200z per, so 1200z).  It will end up costing 7,200z total.

4) Place the Roda Frog Card into the Mantle, and place the Concentration Potions, Mantle, and Chain in storage.  Switch to your Novice that will become your FS Priest.

5) In the Novice Grounds, level up to 14 before leaving to equip the chain.  Pump stats the following:

Stat plan: 20 DEX first, then aim for 20 INT.

When you leave and complete the job quest, get your ASPD Pots, Chain, and Mantle out of Storage and equip them.  Warp to Payon and save.

6) Leveling period of 14 -> 30:

Spores!  3 South of Payon.  Due to heavy botting, the corners and two islands typically have a lot of spores available in bulk numbers.

Stat plan: Get to 20 INT first.

Then 1:1 ratio of INT:DEX until 30 or 40, depending on what final DEX you wish for your FS priest (so if it's 26 for a total of 30 by Priest job level 50, then stop at 26). 

Then aim for INT to 50.

Skill plan: Heal -> 3  |  Agi Up -> 1  |  Divine Protection -> 5  |  Blessing -> 10

If you break around base level 25, that's fine, you should have enough Bless and overall HP/SP to handle Payon Caves or Elder Willows (whichever you prefer).

REMEMBER TO LOOT EVERYTHING.  You'll find you have 0 downtime.  0.  Literally 0 even after a mobbing.  You'll also find yourself killing as effectively if not more so than your contemporaries that are pure battle builds.

Tips: Learn when to heal mid-battle if your novice pots are gone, it's best to heal if your HP is around the 50% marker if it's under 700, and the 30% marker if it's over 700.

7) Leveling period 31 -> 40 (Payon Caves 1), OR 31 -> 45 (Elder Willows, 1 East of Payon), OR Poison Spores 31 -> 45 (2 East 1 North of Geffen)

Stat plan: Continue INT to 50, or INT:DEX to 40:40 if the plan is for high DEX, then 50 INT.

If any VIT is planned (and I recommend it, at least 30), aim for INT:VIT until VIT is complete.

Skill plan: Continue Blessing -> 10 if not complete  |  Agi Up -> 10  |  Ruwatch -> 1  |  Teleport -> 2  |  Heal -> 10  |  Anything you want in preparation for Priest, though I recommend aiming for Pnuema, especially for Warp 4

This will be pretty easy going.  At this point I would consider saving up for a Stunner.  Yes, you heard me right, a Stunner.  Remember you're killing your own stuff, and looting your own items, and despite having no AGI, are able to output decent DPS, tank a bit (especially if you're getting any VIT), and your natural healing and Bless are assuring you're staying alive and dealing decent damage.  Stunner means you can farm a little more easily.  You can also consider farming at Snakes and Peco Peco's if you want a Snake Head Hat (No, I'm not joking, an FS Priest with a Snake Head Hat is useful if you're farming a little for yourself).

Do note that you CAN just ignore the Stunner for now and the Snake Head Hat (which is more a novelty at this point), and just aim for an Arc Wand for heal bombing, which CAN be done now.  I do recommend getting a Stunner later on for personal farming if you prefer only maining your Priest, and want to actually farm stuff with it even if it's only for NPC sales to buy stuff.

IMPORTANT: ARC WAND heal bombing is less effective than in original RO, mostly due to changes in how magical damage is calculated, and how INT affects output.

A comparison between Classic and Renewal Mechanics:

+5 Arc Wand and 70 base INT

Classic = 880 versus a Firelock Soldier

RE:Start = 1176 versus a Firelock Soldier

If an Arc Wand, be prepared to also spend on Oridecon to refine it to +5 (really helps with heal bombs).

8) Leveling period Base 46-> Whatever level you'll be at when you hit Job 50:

Physical maps (Stunner):

- Toy Factory 1 (easy but slow)

- Toy Factory 2 (faster if you join a party, though likely you'll play a motionless buffer rather than kill yourself, so bring the Arc Wand...note this can easily go to level 60+ which will take a few hours)

- Continue with Elder Willows or PSpores due to how fast they die and exp per hour ratios.

- Wolves (Caution about mobbing, which is really deadly thanks to heavy botting and a large number of actual players, meaning often a ton of Wolves will spawn on the same spot)

Physical or Heal Bomb maps (Stunner or Arc Wand):

- Payon 3 (Munaks + Bonguns, Teleport at the first sign of a Ninetail...and be wary of being mobbed due to Stun abilities from both)

- Payon 4 (Sohees, though be wary that they suicide, though the Stunner will make this easier to manage)

NOT as recommended due to limitations in Heal effectiveness in RE:Start Mechanics:

Heal Bomb only maps (Arc Wand):

- Amatsu 1 (Firelock Soldiers, you'll want Pnuema for this, and this is a heal-bombing map)

Heal Bomb w/Support Priest (Arc Wand):

- Glast Heim St. Abbey or Churchyard (Wraiths, Evil Druids, and Zombie Prisoner, you'll want Teleport at the ready, as this is a heal-bombing map.  Warp at the sight of Dark Illusions, Dark Lord, Mimics, and Hunter Flies.)

Edited by Ignasia, 29 July 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#2 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Healbombing doesn't work in renewal anymore due to the fact that heal is nerfed and you are constantly struggling with sp. You are much better of buying a decent weapon and whacking monsters with it until job level 50.

#3 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Healbombing doesn't work in renewal anymore due to the fact that heal is nerfed and you are constantly struggling with sp. You are much better of buying a decent weapon and whacking monsters with it until job level 50.

Did you read my post...

#4 n2nanni

n2nanni

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVe
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Leveling period Base 46-> Whatever level you'll be at when you hit Job 50:

Just get a party on lutie  2

"If an Arc Wand, be prepared to also spend on Oridecon to refine it to +5 (really helps with heal bombs)."

I didn't know this, renewal its so weird.

Edited by n2nanni, 28 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#5 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Leveling period Base 46-> Whatever level you'll be at when you hit Job 50:

Just get a party on lutie  2

"If an Arc Wand, be prepared to also spend on Oridecon to refine it to +5 (really helps with heal bombs)."

I didn't know this, renewal its so weird.

The bonus from upgrading affects Mattack as well as Attack.

Thanks I forgot about Toy Factory 2.  That said, some might prefer to solo for the cash as well, though you're right currently this is the fast track to level 60 for just about anyone.

#6 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

You know how I did with my priest. I have my aco party with my own archer dual clients. 1-12 training ground, get some levels at poporing island, greatest general to job 50. simple and effective.

#7 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

You know how I did with my priest. I have my aco party with my own archer dual clients. 1-12 training ground, get some levels at poporing island, greatest general to job 50. simple and effective.

Definitely another way to do it. 

I prefer my method, plus it teaches a bit about how to handle the game, timing, and I don't require alt-tabbing for buffs which does cut into time.  Plus those nasty periods if you get a Horong spawning group on you the moment you switch to acolyte to buff.  Plus the downtime for this build early on is a lot lower than your approach, especially as you have to wait for a decent level before you can consistently and quickly kill GG's.

I guess for the loot it's pretty decent, but Poporings and Marins in this version give horrendously low EXP to HP ratios.  At least ample 2nd jobs killing Devil/Ghost/Angel.

I will say that my method is a LOT faster getting to level 30 at least.  Level 50, that's hard to say, depends on your luck finding GG's, having ample SP for DSing, and dealing with Horongs/Pspores.

#8 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

There is no right or wrong. Im not saying mine is better than urs. Chill. I like to stick in one place rather than running around n searching for the best exp. And yeah I used to play like that in vanilla. At

#9 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

Did you read my post...

WTF?

I am just confirming it. Especially since you still list healbomb maps and you failed to mention that heal is so weak right now.

#10 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

WTF?

I am just confirming it. Especially since you still list healbomb maps and you failed to mention that heal is so weak right now.

It's not great, and I did emphasize not heal bombing early on.  I simply switched tactics because at that point Firelocks offer really solid EXP, and heal bombing is a more effective method to deal with them.

Difference in heal bomb damage:

Arc Wand + 5

70 base int (RE:START) = 880

vs

70 base int (Classic) = 1176 (296 more damage)

Yes it's bad, but not horrifically bad or impossibly bad.  It's still viable enough to be an option.  I'll put in a clause as to the damage output, and the effectiveness of abusing the Stun attribute of the Stunner as a weapon.

#11 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

There is no right or wrong. Im not saying mine is better than urs. Chill. I like to stick in one place rather than running around n searching for the best exp. And yeah I used to play like that in vanilla. At

You're taking things a bit too personally.  I was coming at it matter-of-factly, and considering it as a comparison.  It's a good method, and I said so myself, but there are other things to deal with.  There's nothing wrong with analysis and consideration of distinct elements between methodologies, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users