Aside from those flame, anyone from iRO beta? - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Aside from those flame, anyone from iRO beta?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

Anyone from beta the time before second job even exist? I came back for vanilla  :heh:  Let me guess those people are probably 30yrs+ haha

#2 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Me. And 29

#3 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

o/ yup, 34 here. 

#4 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

Love you ppl :p_love:

#5 Matticusness

Matticusness

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Yup Yup! 31

#6 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Anyone from beta the time before second job even exist? I came back for vanilla  :heh:  Let me guess those people are probably 30yrs+ haha

I was there. Turned 30 last month.

#7 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but the 2nd open beta definitely did have 2nd classes. I was there leveling my knight at bibilan just before iro went p2p. Not quite sure about the open beta period before that one though.

#8 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but the 2nd open beta definitely did have 2nd classes. I was there leveling my knight at bibilan just before iro went p2p. Not quite sure about the open beta period before that one though.

I cant remember that clearly now. It maybe beta or something else. There was no second jobs. only the basic. It was still under development. Some towns werent even exist at all.

Edited by wukin3, 29 July 2017 - 09:11 AM.

#9 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I thought 2nd cbt had 2nd class actually? O.oa? Could be getting my tests mixed up though. Maybe I'm thinking of the OB.

#10 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Beta 1 or 2?  Beta 1 was after Alpha and Closed Beta 1, and lasted for about 8 months before they took iRO out completely.  Beta 2 is the beta most people experienced, where they finally added in 2-1 classes.  I was playing China RO at that time Beta 2 started (the original build...which was awesome), and skipped the rest of Beta 2 until a few weeks after the game went "gold."

I started with closed Beta 1...I missed Alpha by a week.

Does anyone remember Krissy?

How about...dare I say...the night of a thousand bodies, when the server wasn't dumping the code for left-over bodies.  Payon dungeon was COVERED!  Actually it was more like two weeks.  One week of bodies piling up, server reset, another week of bodies piling up before they finally fixed the issue.

How about when weight actually factored into hit range, and the Ring Pommel Saber was the defacto best weapon in the game for overall damage due to having the smallest variance?

How about when cards were first implemented, but had no functionality.  They were just present in the game?

Edited by Ignasia, 29 July 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#11 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

I cant remember that clearly now. It maybe beta or something else. There was no second jobs. only the basic. It was still under development. Some towns werent even exist at all.

Which ones are you talking about? You had alpha, closed beta, open beta. iRO had 2 open betas I believe. The last open beta had 2nd classes for sure. I am not sure about the ones before.

iRO was also shutdown for a long time between the two open betas. So that period goes back even further.

#12 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

Does anyone remember Krissy?

I remember her, she was hilarious.

#13 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Which ones are you talking about? You had alpha, closed beta, open beta. iRO had 2 open betas I believe. The last open beta had 2nd classes for sure. I am not sure about the ones before.

iRO was also shutdown for a long time between the two open betas. So that period goes back even further.

Technically beta1 was closed for 2 months, then became an open beta.  It lasted for like 8 months, closed down for almost a year, then beta 2 started up.

#14 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

I remember her, she was hilarious.

LOL, yeah, her broken English, and her attempts to keep the calm when we had major lag spikes, server crashes, or new updates were coming out.  Or the week where bodies weren't clearing up and she was trying to articulate what the techs were planning to do.  Very sweet woman though.  She tried REALLY hard to make things easier, but yeah, it was really funny trying to work out half her statements and what she was actually trying to say.

#15 wukin3

wukin3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

The one I m talking about is the first week of Ragnarok released. I didnt know what it was. I simply play  :heh:  too young too naive. :p_laugh:  and Only played 1 week and on and off  from month to month.

#16 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

Does anyone remember the original in-game descriptions of items, equipment, and cards?  Those were so much fun to decipher.

#17 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Technically beta1 was closed for 2 months, then became an open beta.  It lasted for like 8 months, closed down for almost a year, then beta 2 started up.

You know your history better than I do. You are right on the money about the cards that didn't have a function. That was before the 2nd open beta. I didn't know that about RPS though. I thought always thought Tsurugi was the best weapon in the game

#18 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

You know your history better than I do. You are right on the money about the cards that didn't have a function. That was before the 2nd open beta. I didn't know that about RPS though. I thought always thought Tsurugi was the best weapon in the game

For maximum damage, it was, but due to how the game was coded back then for damage variance, the Tsurugi would be like 800~1800 for a level 10 Bash, while the RPS would be like 1300~1500.  Overall more damage in the long-term for stuff with 10k+ HP, or those Bash-fests on Goldie.

#19 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Same. It's been a long time~

#20 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

Me 34

#21 onique

onique

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

yaya! When first classes would just mob MvPs who had no skills! great times. I don't understand some of the changes here, there are many issues that need to be addressed, such as weapons being inconsistent in damage numbers. For example, one either dagger or sword that cost 40k from the shop had less numbers than one that was less than 20k. It makes no sense, it must just be garbage from the mix of old and new?

I also don't like that you have to go with test class at the end of the training area (the class you match with after taking the test) to get a good starting class weapon. I can usually nail the class I want on the test. it's just annoying.

Does anyone remember the original in-game descriptions of items, equipment, and cards?  Those were so much fun to decipher.

or the names, Sticky Muscus x)

Edited by onique, 29 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#22 Hakatashi

Hakatashi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

I played Closed beta of it and it was great times where mostly all dungeons are lively, Like how Sohee had a bunch of merchants sitting in the middle and selling. GH Churchyard had Priest, Sins, Hunter, Aco, and merchant sitting on the cross of the map. In Prontera, at the bottom left corner of the map was like warp portal haven.

#23 Tereya

Tereya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Just turned 29 last month...

#24 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U