Aside from those flame, anyone from iRO beta? - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Aside from those flame, anyone from iRO beta?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

I miss the GH Churchyard sooooooooo much

THE place for Acolytes to heal bomb from 45 to 50!  Priest support from other guildies was almost a must.  I remember my entire guild actually supported my Acolyte, keeping hunter flies off me, and mobbing Wraiths/ED's for me to heal bomb, while keeping up buffs and keeping me alive.  It was awesome.  Then I repeated the same for other guildies, lol.

People just logging in to keep the center cross protected, with usually the MVP players having their MVP toons on the map, logged off but ready to rumble for whenever Dark Lord came out.

Merchants selling bgems in the center for Sanctuary spamming priests.

Always fun when Dark Lord happened to spawn near the wooden cross, and rick rolled everyone...ah, good times.

Edited by Ignasia, 29 July 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#27 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

29 here. I was aware of and followed the Beta, but I didn't have a computer good enough to play (or money for that matter). I started just before the Comodo update and I remember being very confused after the update when I couldn't dodge as well as I could before. :)

#28 Hakatashi

Hakatashi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Lol. I remember when I got my first MVP and everyone stole the items off the floor. Unfortunately I didn't even know how I got the MVP. I just stood there on my Wiz with SG at Moonlight and did like 2-3 SG,

#29 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

I am from original iRO Loki beta.  Played from 2003-2010ish.  Former member of Clandestine Society and Gaia.  Turned 31 yesterday

Edited by Longinus, 29 July 2017 - 08:06 PM.

#30 MasterGin

MasterGin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

Turning 27 this year.

#31 suquedique

suquedique

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

THE place for Acolytes to heal bomb from 45 to 50!  Priest support from other guildies was almost a must.  I remember my entire guild actually supported my Acolyte, keeping hunter flies off me, and mobbing Wraiths/ED's for me to heal bomb, while keeping up buffs and keeping me alive.  It was awesome.  Then I repeated the same for other guildies, lol.

People just logging in to keep the center cross protected, with usually the MVP players having their MVP toons on the map, logged off but ready to rumble for whenever Dark Lord came out.

Always fun when Dark Lord happened to spawn near the wooden cross, and rick rolled everyone...ah, good times.

Do you remember those pneuma parties at penomenas? They would bunch up a couple of penomenas, venom dust it and then let a novice hit it at 1 hp or just leech a bunch of low level characters there. Until they nerfed venom dust and the map.

There were so many things that happened back then that I just don't see anymore in the restart server. I just see knights, woe pots and a highly competitive scene.

#32 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

34 here...mmm Christy as in Christy Kay?  She were in mRO as well.. for a short time during before second class and comodo...

Always wanted to ask this : Did some one did hack into an IRO GM back then?

#33 kitsunemimimode

kitsunemimimode

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

I joined when the game first released in the Philippines. I never got past level 20 because i was 8 or something and the only money i could spend was the money i made from babysitting

#34 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

yep 34 here also. i've been in just about every community out there, not under this name of course. but overall yeah... a long long time. /heh

#35 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:22 AM

not sure if i started in alpha or beta, but i remember being able to drop equipment upon death and when doppelgangers were regular mobs and there was a map (might have been culverts?) with like 30-40 of them and some skeletons in it

#36 Artic9

Artic9

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

Yes!! MVPing with a wizard and firepillar. Fire pillar stacking before the MVP spawned. 20-30 people waiting on Drake and ghostring in sunken ship. First PVP event where the whole server was in Lutie and Alberta fighting. Post fire pillat nerf ice walling and SGing mvp and bapho in hidden temple!

#37 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Yes!! MVPing with a wizard and firepillar. Fire pillar stacking before the MVP spawned. 20-30 people waiting on Drake and ghostring in sunken ship. First PVP event where the whole server was in Lutie and Alberta fighting. Post fire pillat nerf ice walling and SGing mvp and bapho in hidden temple!

Ya...Lutie was on hard mode..lost my stuff there...and several GM would also participate in battle royal..plus spawning mobs...lol.

#38 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

I joined RO juust after beta. I dunno how I even found RO since I wasn't a pc gamer.

Been playing RO ever since, though not as seriously in recent years. Renewal really split and killed this game and its community.

#39 diz0r

diz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:56 AM

Oh yeah i played iRo Beta 2 , the good ol days of mvping on a level 30 archer.. haha

So everyone should put there old skool character names out on here. maybe we will recognize  a few, find some old buddies. who knows  :ok:

Ill start it off i guess, hmm lets see if i can remember some of my old chars ( had tons with the ol delete and remake back when we didnt have any skill/stat reset , once  you messed up . it was oops  time to  delete and remake , had like 8 assassins  lol):  :heh:

Anyway here's a few of my old beta  character names :

diz0r 

Head Shots: 1 ea. 

Blood Money

Snipah

Stabulous 

So who else is out there?   :waddle:

#40 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

o/ yup, 34 here. 

I'm 34 as well.  It's a great age.    :no1: 

#41 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

Open Beta 2. I think which was like 2002-2003.

Man I miss 8-11k players per server days lol.

#42 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

This is so cool to read. Keep it up guys. RO community was a blast in the past.

I wasn't from iRO Beta, but I played mRO when it was first released to public. 

I was pretty much solo in the game, and I built VIT 2handed (which sucks), farming sandman none stop with BB and had no idea how it was supposed to work.

My best time was opening OBB and getting a Blinker. Wore it and walked around Prontera showing it off and people PM-ing me asking me if it was for sale. :D 

#43 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

35 y.o!
I do not recall the date when i started playing. But if i am not wrong it was right after comodo was implemented, and 1 month before WoE gets implemented. I remember the loading screens ads for woe.

How i got into ro? I saw an adv in a webpage when i was looking for a new game to play. There was a pirate ship and a poring on it which caught my attention.

#44 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Me! I was in the first beta before the break and my PC was so bad, the ground appeared all white.  The GH Cross parties for Mag parties!!  That was the bomb! Everyone needed mag in order to use skills back then. OH, and I'm older; I'll just leave it at that.  /gg

#45 anthraxtl

anthraxtl

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

I played in the early days of the beta. 32 years old.

Random memories:
- Hunting Orc Hero with my thief when he was just released. Most of the time 5-10 players would gather while you were killing it to steal your loot
- Bunny band best in slot headgear for thief and I got one the day before mandragoras stopped dropping four leaf clover
- Server down during spring break for a whole week just when we had all the time in the world to play
- Leveling a new mage for a week which took forever and then the server rolled back two weeks because someone logged in with user name and password gm007 and dropped mistress loot everywhere.
- A storage full of random cards that didnt do anything yet.
- Prontera weapon shop was packed with players and merchants. Many ppl getting scammed by giving dc merchants money and never getting the item, including me and my friends.
- Player organized Baphomet hunt with maybe 100-200 ppl. Most where lying dead on the floor while the famous thief Locke was soloing him, leaving everyone dumbfounded.
- Loki opening with novice grounds for the first time but the npc in the first small room broke so hundreds of novices were just standing around and chatting for hours waiting for it to work again.
- Portals broke and monster stopped spawning on one of the first days when Loki opened yet everyone stayed online for hours just to chat and hoping portals/spawns would start working again.

So many memories

#46 Eikii

Eikii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

I played in the early days of the beta. 32 years old.

Random memories:
- Hunting Orc Hero with my thief when he was just released. Most of the time 5-10 players would gather while you were killing it to steal your loot
- Bunny band best in slot headgear for thief and I got one the day before mandragoras stopped dropping four leaf clover
- Server down during spring break for a whole week just when we had all the time in the world to play
- Leveling a new mage for a week which took forever and then the server rolled back two weeks because someone logged in with user name and password gm007 and dropped mistress loot everywhere.
- A storage full of random cards that didnt do anything yet.
- Prontera weapon shop was packed with players and merchants. Many ppl getting scammed by giving dc merchants money and never getting the item, including me and my friends.
- Player organized Baphomet hunt with maybe 100-200 ppl. Most where lying dead on the floor while the famous thief Locke was soloing him, leaving everyone dumbfounded.
- Loki opening with novice grounds for the first time but the npc in the first small room broke so hundreds of novices were just standing around and chatting for hours waiting for it to work again.
- Portals broke and monster stopped spawning on one of the first days when Loki opened yet everyone stayed online for hours just to chat and hoping portals/spawns would start working again.

So many memories

Man the nostalgia is so awesome. Your post shows how strong the community was back then too. People played the game to have fun with each other and chat, leveling and farming and all that came second for most. <3

I never played BETA but my parents did, and they are the reason I got into the game. I didn't have a PC so all I played was Final Fantasy games on PS1 and I was super jealous of my parents. Then one day my mom upgraded her PC and I got her old one. Was one of the best days of my gamer life. That's all I ever spent my free time doing was playing Ragnarok and leveling an Archer like my dad, although I didn't like the Bard he changed into so I remade into a theif that went Rogue. I was in 3rd or 4th grade back then and I am 24 now, haha. We eventually all quit and moved on to Final Fantasy 11 (subscriptions were expensive back then!) and then again moved on to WoW after seeing the South Park episode. LOL

Probably my favorite memory of the Ragnarok back then was that loads of people would just hang out just south of Prontera. You could go there and always make a new friends. There was also always a friendly Priest willing to tank Popos for your Novice when you made a new character. I remember even having an in game boyfriend and just sitting in Louyang chatting with each other between hours of leveling with his real life friend. The social aspect of this game was amazing. And the fact that your character actually had an identity on the server unlike most MMOs now (most multiplayer games even) where you never see the same person again. Those two reasons alone is why WoW's Vanilla server is going to be a big success.

I made so many damn characters! I was really back at leveling to job 50 so I would just make a new character. The only name I can remember is my rogue Jamil., but I am not even 100% sure on that.

Edited by Eikii, 16 November 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#47 Dythe

Dythe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Odin from the Chaos.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Yep been playing since 2003. I think I caught the tail end of the final beta? Not sure since I was dealing with highschool responsibilities and RO was my first MMO, so it was really overwhelming a lot of the time!

The nostalgia for that sense of wonder is always so real.

And now I'm 30, shhhh you didn't hear it from me.

#48 Stankho

Stankho

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

Remember when you were allowed to put down warps under people afking.  Had a blast back then warping friends that went afk to random middle of nowheres.

#49 DisposableHero

DisposableHero

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Remember when you were allowed to put down warps under people afking.  Had a blast back then warping friends that went afk to random middle of nowheres.

Oh god yes, this. We need this to come back, it was a fantastic feature.

#50 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Not quite beta but i started playing around 2004, turned 30 back in july, played pretty hardcore till around 2010 or so and now I'm on and off, went a bit too ham the first half of the year and now I'm taking a break again XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users