Will Warlocks Shine in Nightmare Biolab? - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will Warlocks Shine in Nightmare Biolab?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Naah, it's not MvP warlock card, It just normal mobs of kathryne keyron. MvP warlock effect is 

When base class is Warlock: MDEF +80, MATK +15%.
When base level is 175: All stats +10.
When refine level +10: All stats +10.
When equipped with True Kathryne Keyron Card:
Adds 3% chance for 6 seconds to possess the user with Kathryne Keyron spirit when attacking with magical attacks.
During possession, the user granted with +100 MATK.

CMIIW

I was under the impression that the effect above is from the regular mob warlock.

Also, wouldn't GSoD be better than true hw card on staff?

Either way, seems feasible to solo it.

#27 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

+60% damage on Crimson Rock... each card... with cooldown reduced by OMHS... No way!

#28 tx81z

tx81z

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

She has tempest set and all those gears that PujiSetiadi said. For me, the main problem is finding friends to do it with me. XD

Also, the effect of the +10 OMSH is -1.5s CR COOLDOWN, not FCT. She has FCT -0.5s enchant on Garment, and that's how she instacasts.

Remember that nightmare biolabs headgear can be enchanted with some really strong enchants

Lvl5 int enchant basically gives a great amount of matk and -0,5s fixed cast time

#29 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Yes, and I'm not sure, but I think her enchant is level 6 or 7. It's 2% MATK and -0.1s FCT per level.

#30 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Ye Kim's videos were posted before Bio5 has been empowered, which ice wall and fiber lock are disabled there.

Edited by Sigma1, 31 July 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#31 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

kRO is too adamant about making TV being able to scale with base level.

That is only fair because of the amount of setup for it and skill points invested. Doesn't need to be 1% per level, but it should not be like it is now when it falls behind lots of other skills.

It IS the ultimate magic spell after all.

Edited by TothWL, 02 August 2017 - 01:44 PM.

#32 tx81z

tx81z

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

according to this

Q : The level of Summon elemental ball is useless. Can you improve them?
A : We're considering to improve it related to [Tetra Vortex].

there will be an improvement to tetra vortex. this came from here: https://forums.warpp...eeting-2016-qa/  (thx sigma <3)

i kinda trust this since they said they were going to improve rune knight's runestones and they did :D dunno how much we will have to wait tho.

#33 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Rip having to use 16 more skill points to max out the power dmg of Tetra Vortex if it truly gets a buff according to Summon Balls lvl Imao

#34 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

I am still not sure about Tetra Vortex being a highly useful skill even if the damage is amplified by summon elemental balls. Remember warlocks have a lot of skills but only 59 skillpoints to use. This change will increase Tetra Vortex damage for sure, but it also makes learning this skill far more expensive since you will also have to allocate more skill points for summoning elemental balls. It will be debatable whether it is worth getting Tetra Vortex at the expense of other skills. Also Tetra Vortex has limited uses being a single-target skill and a tedious set-up process(need to summon 5 elemental balls first). Against normal monsters it wont be very helpful, especially when mobbed.

It can be used against MVPs though, but its usefulness is still questionable compared to the alternative of WaterBall + La'cryma set. I remember Kusanagisama used to run a series of experiments to prove that Waterball out-damages Tetra Vortex by a good margin as it is right now, even with elemental advantages from Tetra Vortex, so they will have to buff Tetra Vortex considerably for it to become a more favorable choice than Waterball. Of course, if they introduce a new skill 'Summoning Holy Ball' or even 'Summoning Normal Ball', it will be a different story. In this case, it will be just 'RIP Shadow 4 monsters/bosses' for us warlocks.

:heh:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 August 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#35 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Tetra Vortex makes MVP Soloing significantly easier, and Waterball can't be a substitute for it because of it's low range. However, it denies you higher levels of Drain Life or Radius, which makes general PVM harder. It's a significant trade-off, and it's ridiculous that Warlocks need so many skill points because of requisites and other classes end up with a lot of unused skill points... They should rethink Warlock's Skill Tree, changing the places of Crimson Rock and Hell Inferno, and reducing the requirements for Recognized Spell (seriously, why Stasis and Release level 2?).

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

the main issue with tetra vortex isnt it's damage or setup, but rather the 80% of skill tree that has to be dedicated to gain access to it. Alleviating this one makes for a much better playstyle and skill tree planning.

Edited by Ashuckel, 04 August 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#37 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

I agree, even though, PVM-wise, the damage doesn't make up for the setup. PVP wise, where burst >>>>>>>> DPS, it looks good, though...

#38 tx81z

tx81z

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

There are so many posible ways they can improve tetra vortex that it isnt even worth to think about it. With the introduction of trascendence the possibilities are even wider. I just hope they will surprise us with something cool <3

I would really like to see an improvement to comet too. The concept of a disaster level nuke with a huge cooldown is really atractive to me

#39 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

Tetra Vortex makes MVP Soloing significantly easier, and Waterball can't be a substitute for it because of it's low range.

You forgot Waterballs super long animation.

Tetra makes it easier to hit&run for stuff you cannot or do not want to tank.

#40 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Warlock Racing Cap reduce cooldown of Tetra Vortex by 0.5 second per level of Meteor Storm and Lord of Vermilion you learned.
So. Master both skills will reduce TV cooldown by 10 seconds.
But who will spend 18 HW skill points for that? lol

#41 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

if i can solo bio5 with ease, i do not mind skill reseting just for that..

but as warlock, i dun think there is going to be any 'easy' button available...as well as any other classes i am guessing?

#42 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

You forgot Waterballs super long animation.
Tetra makes it easier to hit&run for stuff you cannot or do not want to tank.

You're right. It sucks to try to solo Ifrit with WB because of the animation.

#43 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

if i can solo bio5 with ease, i do not mind skill reseting just for that..

but as warlock, i dun think there is going to be any 'easy' button available...as well as any other classes i am guessing?

Warlocks and most other classes dont even have it easy with Bio 3/4, how can you expect to get an easy button for Bio 5?

:heh:

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

killing monsters 1 by 1 is a whole lot different than the clusterf that is bio4

0 user(s) are reading this topic