• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 visje

visje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

I have registered an account on Warpportal.

Under Account Management / Game Accounts / Add an Existing Game Account I am unable to add my Rose Account information.

The username and password i enter are correct, as i am able to log in to Rose with these credentials. What could be wrong is the e-mailaddress. At the time i have registered for Rose (some years ago) i used other e-mailaccounts than the ones i currently use. Unfortunately i see no way to find out the e-mailaddress i have registered to Rose with.

Spread over several days i have spend quite some time in attempting to register my Rose account properly. Still no luck. Now i get the message: "You have failed to provide us with the correct account information too many times. Your access has been temporarily disabled. We impose these limits to protect the website from automated programs. Please allow some time and try again later."

The thing i tried to attempt next was to fill in a support ticket. I navigated to the Support page of Warrportal, where i was presented with another Log-In page (?). I tried to log in with the same credentials as i have logged in on Warrportal with (e-mailaddress / password): Fail: "No user was found in the system with the username and password specified.". I have tried to log in with username / password: No user was found in the system with the username and password specified.

Now, for a living i am a systems administrator, and i cannot refrain from wondering that when this website is your (only?) source of income, why you are making this migration a horror -- for your customers!

To make a purchase
- I have to register another time on a new website
- I have to validate my account
- I have to bind at least one Rose account to the new warrportal account
- I fail to bind my Rose account, probably because i am supplying a wrong old e-mailaddress
- After many attempts, i have to wait to be allowed to try again
- I have to ask for support
- The support system is not integrated well, and does not use the login credentials i am already logged in with
- The support system does not know my registered warportal account
- I have to register AGAIN for the support website

From friends ingame i have already heard it is also very complicated and time consuming to make an Item Mall purchase.

This systems administrator is tending to give up. Moaning some stuff about proper database migrations and database links.

Edited by visje, 05 August 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#2 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

I have registered an account on Warpportal.

Under Account Management / Game Accounts / Add an Existing Game Account I am unable to add my Rose Account information.

The username and password i enter are correct, as i am able to log in to Rose with these credentials. What could be wrong is the e-mailaddress. At the time i have registered for Rose (some years ago) i used other e-mailaccounts than the ones i currently use. Unfortunately i see no way to find out the e-mailaddress i have registered to Rose with.

Spread over several days i have spend quite some time in attempting to register my Rose account properly. Still no luck. Now i get the message: "You have failed to provide us with the correct account information too many times. Your access has been temporarily disabled. We impose these limits to protect the website from automated programs. Please allow some time and try again later."

The thing i tried to attempt next was to fill in a support ticket. I navigated to the Support page of Warrportal, where i was presented with another Log-In page (?). I tried to log in with the same credentials as i have logged in on Warrportal with (e-mailaddress / password): Fail: "No user was found in the system with the username and password specified.". I have tried to log in with username / password: No user was found in the system with the username and password specified.

Now, for a living i am a systems administrator, and i cannot refrain from wondering that when this website is your (only?) source of income, why you are making this migration a horror -- for your customers!

To make a purchase
- I have to register another time on a new website
- I have to validate my account
- I have to bind at least one Rose account to the new warrportal account
- I fail to bind my Rose account, probably because i am supplying a wrong old e-mailaddress
- After many attempts, i have to wait to be allowed to try again
- I have to ask for support
- The support system is not integrated well, and does not use the login credentials i am already logged in with
- The support system does not know my registered warportal account
- I have to register AGAIN for the support website

From friends ingame i have already heard it is also very complicated and time consuming to make an Item Mall purchase.

This systems administrator is tending to give up. Moaning some stuff about proper database migrations and database links.

same for im old player since irose now i want come back and but i cannot know what was my old email help someone please :unsure:

#3 Galexy

Galexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTexas, Usa
  • Server:Leonis.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

The only way to bind your account without knowing the original email is to fill out a support ticket - which, yes, you do have to fill out a brand new Login ID and password instead of using the ones you use for forums/warpportal - which are still separate from the login ID you use for the actual Rose Item Mall. Three logins for one game... >.<

In the ticket that you send, you have to include a lot of personal information to verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, such as the following: (this is the list they sent me in an email when I did not include the information)

1. Account Name
2. Full Name of the Owner
3. Real Address
4. Phone Number
5. Zip Code
6. Current Registered E-mail Address (provide 4-5 possible if forgotten):
7. New E-mail Address
8. Mother's Maiden Name

I do not like that they ask for so much information - but at least they do not ask for your password, I suppose. Hopefully all the information you entered when making the account is real - or you remember what you put in so that it matches.

I'm assuming, after you've provided that information, they will link the account up for you without you having to do anything. I eventually figured out my email on my own and was able to link up my account, so I do not know what you have to do from there.

#4 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

The only way to bind your account without knowing the original email is to fill out a support ticket - which, yes, you do have to fill out a brand new Login ID and password instead of using the ones you use for forums/warpportal - which are still separate from the login ID you use for the actual Rose Item Mall. Three logins for one game... >.<

In the ticket that you send, you have to include a lot of personal information to verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, such as the following: (this is the list they sent me in an email when I did not include the information)

1. Account Name
3. Real Address
4. Phone Number
5. Zip Code
7. New E-mail Address
8. Mother's Maiden Name

I do not like that they ask for so much information - but at least they do not ask for your password, I suppose. Hopefully all the information you entered when making the account is real - or you remember what you put in so that it matches.

I'm assuming, after you've provided that information, they will link the account up for you without you having to do anything. I eventually figured out my email on my own and was able to link up my account, so I do not know what you have to do from there.

thank you for help my ticket are sent i hope can put my 1500 point on my rose account soon :)

#5 njdgeo

njdgeo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

1. Account Name
3. Real Address
4. Phone Number
5. Zip Code
7. New E-mail Address
8. Mother's Maiden Name

So when you figured out your email and linked up your account they sent you a confirmation email at your old address? I ask because I remember my old email I signed up with, but I deleted that email account so they say they sent a confirmation email, but I can't get to it. And to top it off, it seems that the someone else took that email account so I can't re-sign up for my old email address. So I haven't received a confirmation email at my new address so I'm guessing the confirmation was sent to me old account. I guess I'll have to fill out a support ticket...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users