mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:28 AM

I know that most of you will not agree with this suggestion but I would like to present it anyways.

Because of Chaos, we all know how this will end up.

All of the bigger guilds will get the god items first to the point where no new guilds can compete with them.

To fix this issue, my suggestion is...

If a guild makes a god item, a random guild that is currently holding a castle receives that god item all so.

A guild that receives the second god item have to follow certain rules.

Can not be allied to the guild that made the god. Must be un-allied for more than a month.

The guild has to be at least one month old.

A guild can not receive the second god item two time in a row unless the god item maker and the second guild are the only two guilds holding castles.

So what you guys think?

I am sure that I will be running from pitchforks. :heh:

Edited by mattxor, 30 July 2017 - 03:41 AM.

#2 PoWeRchordZ

PoWeRchordZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFrom the depths
  • Server:RE:start

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

Why not limit the creation of god items? Like when Guild 1 creates a megingjard they can not create any of the god items(sleip,mjolnir,bris,megs) until another guild creates a god item.

#3 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

While we're throwing out wild suggestions i'm gonna throw out one of mine... Get rid of god items. They already got rid of GTB (Best decision ever). A more balanced pvp is better. Instead of guilds working towards god items they could work towards quests that reward massive amounts of exp or unlocking guild reward exclusive untradeable costumes.

#4 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

how about whenever someone make god item gm will give me 2, and i will make sure they are handed out in a way that keeps things fair and balanced

#5 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

how about whenever someone make god item gm will give me 2, and i will make sure they are handed out in a way that keeps things fair and balanced

I like this one the best.

#6 MasterGin

MasterGin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

Just disable them altogether. End of story.

#7 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

Just disable them altogether. End of story.

would be overall healthier same goes for miniboss and mvp cards . At least for woe.
However it wont gonna happen so somewhere down the line ,when woe is happening ,the first god item is made, a guild will dominate maybe a second one will, too and woe will slowly dying 

#8 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

dont disable them entirely, if it comes to that nerf them to something that is still best in slot/really good

#9 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:42 AM

This is looking very promising. Thank you for your suggestions lets keep them coming.

By reading the first few comments, I think we do agree that we can not let one or two guilds dominate the god items.

If this happens, we seem to agree that woe will die.

So before things get out of hand, lets find a solution we can all agree on and demand it.

The reason I would keep them in game is because that is the reason guilds do woe.

In Woe's current state, guilds will become to strong and newer guilds will not even try.

Lets us not let that happen!

Edited by mattxor, 30 July 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#10 8395170719204442867

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

I, for one, hope they keep them. I'm sick of everyone crying about gear in PvP in games. The vast majority of modern MMOs have become casual fests where gear is removed from PvP so that things are more "fair". If you work hard for something, you should get to benefit from it. This is not a casual MMO. It never has been. Quests don't hold  your hand till you reach max level in 2 days.  Gear matters in PvP. Gear isn't handed to you just for playing 50 PvP matches (until battlegrounds comes about, (which was a terrible decision IMO).

#11 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Nothing good comes from God Items, just makes established guilds that much harder to face off against, and gives them an advantage for locking down high value MVPs.

#12 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

would be overall healthier same goes for miniboss and mvp cards . At least for woe.
However it wont gonna happen so somewhere down the line ,when woe is happening ,the first god item is made, a guild will dominate maybe a second one will, too and woe will slowly dying 

Nah, everyone has a fair chance to get miniboss/MVP cards, unlike godly items, where you have to be the guildmaster of a big guild, and even then your guild owns it, not you.

#13 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

this is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a while

#14 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Nah, everyone has a fair chance to get miniboss/MVP cards, unlike godly items, where you have to be the guildmaster of a big guild, and even then your guild owns it, not you.

everyone also has a fair chance at making a guild to make a god item  :hmm:

#15 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

this is probably the dumbest thread I've seen in a while

Obviously, you don't care about this server so GFYS.

#16 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

I, for one, hope they keep them. I'm sick of everyone crying about gear in PvP in games. The vast majority of modern MMOs have become casual fests where gear is removed from PvP so that things are more "fair". If you work hard for something, you should get to benefit from it. This is not a casual MMO. It never has been. Quests don't hold  your hand till you reach max level in 2 days.  Gear matters in PvP. Gear isn't handed to you just for playing 50 PvP matches (until battlegrounds comes about, (which was a terrible decision IMO).

I agree on two parts here :

1. you are Ro is not a casual MMO and never has been this is part of its charm

2. yes gear matters in PVP

and i will completly defend anyone everytime who says that he has earned the right to use his godlikes, his miniboss Cards and MVP Cards, in a blink of a second.

However its still not healthy in a long run, at some point smaller guilds wont bother with woe anymore, maybe they even come to terms that they simply cant effort to put up with the highest guild on the server, they just log out instead of figthing.

This is rather boring for both sides, or should be, i dont speak for everyone and i will never do that.

Anyway as you pointed out Equip matters in PVP/Woe ...a lot, really a lot. I would just state someone with high end MVP/Godlike equip would always beat someone without it, even when the otherone (without said equip) is overall the more (argueably) skilled player ... of course here is room for debate.

I would even argue it is a fair chance for everyone ,even for godlikes ,at least at the start but powerful items like that tend to lead to a snowball effect. 

If a guild build megingjard they have it much more easy to attract high level players/roles the might miss and of course, conquer a castle, leading to a faster second godlike item etc.

Of course this is overstated i am fully aware of that.

In general : I will defend anyone that things ,MVP Card,Mini Boss and Godlikes should be in Woe period , i am ok with that.  The only question i would always ask is : It is healthy for Woe/PVP and this Server in the long run.

#17 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

everyone also has a fair chance at making a guild to make a god item  :hmm:

You make it sound so easy, I'm not even sure if you know what you're talking about.

#18 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Obviously, you don't care about this server so GFYS.

Why should a guild that didn't work for something get it free? That's even worse for the server.

#19 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

You make it sound so easy, I'm not even sure if you know what you're talking about.

I never said it's easy. I just said everyone has a fair chance, just like killing an MvP.

Anyways, this thread is worthless because they're not going to make big custom changes like this, they're basically following ph/thai RO restart servers it seems. 

Edited by senpa1, 30 July 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#20 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Why should a guild that didn't work for something get it free? That's even worse for the server.

Because it will make the bigger guilds think twice before they flood the server with god items. They will know that they will not be the only ones with them if they make them.

The benefit to making god items is your not restricted to how many you make in a row.

So one guild makes 2 god items and two different guilds get one of those items too.

This was my option for trying to balance things out.

If you have a better option lets hear it but the current options will only destroy Woe in the end.

Edited by mattxor, 30 July 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#21 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

I would even argue it is a fair chance for everyone ,even for godlikes ,at least at the start but powerful items like that tend to lead to a snowball effect. 

If a guild build megingjard they have it much more easy to attract high level players/roles the might miss and of course, conquer a castle, leading to a faster second godlike item etc.

Of course this is overstated i am fully aware of that.

I think I see your point. So this entices new guilds to become bigger and more powerful themselves so that they may have a higher chance of getting a godly item of their own.

But I think the problem comes if a really strong guild keeps on holding these castles and creating goldy items that nobody else ever gets any chance anymore.

Btw, I'm not even arguing against disabling godly items anyway. I was arguing against disabling mini-boss/MVP items together with godly items. I was just comparing the chances of acquiring these.

Edited by Exuro, 30 July 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#22 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Meh, just delete the god items instead. There is no point making a god item when some random -_- guild could have it for free.

Why dont people randomly get a mvp card everytime mvp drop the card too? Smh

#23 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Because it will make the bigger guilds think twice before they flood the server with god items. They will know that they will no be the only ones with them if they make them.

The benefit to making god items is your not restricted to how many you make in a row.

So one guild makes 2 god items and two different guilds get one of those items too.

This was my option for trying to balance things out.

If you have a better option lets hear it but the current options will only destroy Woe in the end.

That just makes it worse, that doesn't balance anything. No thank you.

#24 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

What about nerfing them a little, so they are just slightly better than high end normal gear for the same slot? Leaving them as basically the best in slot, but without making everything else useless compared to it, so you still have a decent chance against someone who has 1.

#25 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

That is why I asked for your suggestion. If you want to keep it the same as it is. No thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users