• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#51 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

what about drop rates for the items that come from cards? Like myst case/raydric archer cards, afaik those don't get increased by anything

This is correct, the code for drop calculations was recently published and ore discovery and special drop items use a different table that is checked after drop multipliers are accounted for on the monster's main drop table.  Technically MvP rewards are the same as well, they could actually modify the treasure boxes to be MvPs that award god item components at a 0.8% and that wouldn't be modified by gum.

#52 Alesstormy

Alesstormy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RT

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Just don't add God items as people said above ! 

#53 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

i just hope it's not 2ez 

I think its gonna be a huge mess?  Some guilds with maybe sub-guilds in allies gonna be dominating, then there will be the fairly full guilds that are mostly but noch completly ready for woe who can put up quite a fight. And loads of loads of smaller guilds that try for a luck shot?  Well ... maybe? I havnt paying to much attention the the guild landscape right now.

#54 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

Just don't add God items as people said above ! 

God items are the only motivation that keeps WoE going at the start of the server and even with god items there are servers with dead WoEs, so I don't see how this would be healthy to the server at all. I just can't understand this "If I can't have it, nobody should have it" mentality that some people got here. I mean, if you want a god item you're free to create a guild and work for it. Is it easy? No. But that's why it's called god items. 

Edited by Tanzanito, 31 July 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#55 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

That's what I like about RO, if you invest enough time you can become alike to a 'god'. In games like WoW everyones the same. You get an item level to do content and that's it.

#56 Francis2016

Francis2016

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

One of the reason also why i quitted RO last 10 years was that guilds with so many Godly Items are near impossible to defeat. so whats the point of playing right? 

I suggest, like the others said ban Godly items in WOE. you can use it in PVP or playing regularly but not WOE. or else the game will just die in the long run

#57 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

Yea, remove god items and we become nothing better than the private server that the sole reason to WoE is to measure e-egos.

People who started/planned their gameplay earlier will obviously have advantages because that's how it'll always work in a game that meritocracy is a thing. Trying to be all protectionist over that will just turn iRO into one of those private servers that disable mvp cards and god items and WoEs become based only on guild leader's drama.

Indeed, there are servers that are dead because there's guilds with just too many god items but that's because they farmed over 20 empty castles for over year before it got merged. Here everyone got the same chance, hell WoE didn't even start yet. You guys can easily set up a WoE guild and gather those god items for yourselves too instead of complaining about what it'll happen in 2 years.

Yea you might not be able to fight equally against bigger guilds, but then you can be t best 2nd tier guild until you manage to improve your guild enough to fight against the bigger ones.

Edited by Tanzanito, 31 July 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#58 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

I vote for no gods and mvps. Radical change to make people adjust and not just to keep repeating what they've done in the past.

#59 okamyzin

okamyzin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:40 AM

Hey, can u guys help me here, im a noob on ragnarok, its the first official i play for real, when the GOD itens will be avaible?As soon as the Woe comes out?And how difficult is to make one?It takes a week?A month?

Also, on WoE dungeons, what do we get from they?

#60 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

That's what I like about RO, if you invest enough time you can become alike to a 'god'. In games like WoW everyones the same. You get an item level to do content and that's it.

Not only everyone is the same but every year or so you'll have to grind all your gear again because your gears became worthless.

#61 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

Hey, can u guys help me here, im a noob on ragnarok, its the first official i play for real, when the GOD itens will be avaible?As soon as the Woe comes out?And how difficult is to make one?It takes a week?A month?

Also, on WoE dungeons, what do we get from they?

It takes months to gather all the God pieces and endless hours on the quests. You can watch this video to have an idea of how hard it is. It probably took these guys months, hundreds of millions and over 16 hours straight to create a mjolnir:
https://youtu.be/2XQlWAUePrg

#62 okamyzin

okamyzin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

It takes months to gather all the God pieces and endless hours on the quests. You can watch this video to have an idea of how hard it is. It probably took these guys months, hundreds of millions and over 16 hours straight to create a mjolnir:
https://youtu.be/2XQlWAUePrg

So how the -_- does it turn into a snowball effect, how many God itens do you think a guild can make in 1 year? and u need like 50 persons to complete the quest...

#63 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

So how the -_- does it turn into a snowball effect, how many God itens do you think a guild can make in 1 year? and u need like 50 persons to complete the quest...

It creates a snowball effect if there's no competitivity. So a relatively big guild can get most of the castles on the server and hold them for months.

That's what happened on Ymir server, where a guild farmed the empty server for over a year and because the lack of other guilds, there was no one to actually try to contest those god item creations.

So when the servers merged into iRO Chaos they had a lot of god items while other guilds that were playing on the competitive servers didn't have that many because they actually had to fight over those god pieces.

Edited by Tanzanito, 31 July 2017 - 05:09 AM.

#64 okamyzin

okamyzin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

And i was reading, the only ones which are super OP are Mjolnir and megingjard, the other ones are GREAT, but still balenced i would say

#65 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

And i was reading, the only ones which are super OP are Mjolnir and megingjard, the other ones are GREAT, but still balenced i would say

even mej got nerfed in renewal mechanics, sure you're ganna win fights if you have them opponent doesn't but it's not GG this guild got 2 megs ITS ALL OVER

#66 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

I really do hope that IRO takes this thread to heart and creates a pinned topic for this with their ideas and direction.

I can see that most of the community is on the same page when it comes to changing the current mechanics of god items.

Like I said before, we need to keep important topics like these on the front page so that IRO understands how important it is to all of us.

Thank you again everyone for your thoughts.

Edited by mattxor, 31 July 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#67 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

I realize it's buried in my post on page 2, but does anyone like my idea of a fixed 1 month timer per guild before making a new god item?

#68 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I realize it's buried in my post on page 2, but does anyone like my idea of a fixed 1 month timer per guild before making a new god item?

I think that won't do much, considering people can just create the item under another guild. Also I don't think people would be able to create two god items in less than a month anyways.

#69 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

gods are fine, if anything, prevent gum and VIP increased rate to work on it.

and a simple way to do it is replace the Treasure "Monster" with a Treasure "NPC", like those in Horror Toy Factory, Faceworms Nest etc. NPC rates cant be altered.

#70 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

I think item upgrades should be disabled in woe. It's not fair that i have to use +4 equipment vs people that have +9 equipment. And make it so that max level for woe is 70 because i dont want to spend 2-4 hours getting just 1 level. its just not fair. And sell cards like raydric and thara frog in an npc because i dont want to spend 10 hours looking for just 1 card.

Edited by Easly, 31 July 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#71 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

I think item upgrades should be disabled in woe. It's not fair that i have to use +4 equipment vs people that have +9 equipment. And make it so that max level for woe is 70 because i dont want to spend 2-4 hours getting just 1 level. its just not fair. And sell cards like raydric and thara frog in an npc because i dont want to spend 10 hours looking for just 1 card.

If I thought you actually wanted this, I would have been able to respond better but I believe that this is very sarcastic and that is what you wanted out of it. Do we need a sarcastic tone  here in this thread?

I don't think so. Please correct me if I am wrong and maybe elaborate a bit more.

In fact, you can go make your own topic about that. This thread is about god items. Thanks bye.

Edited by mattxor, 31 July 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#72 8395170719204442867

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

it was a lack of ambition. Most guilds simply didn't care to compete. Then they complained when one guild made more items than their zero whilst they had multiple sets in storage. 

And that;s the huge problem, making people want to do the work required. Personally I'm ok with it I think they're supposed to be rare. 

Pretty much all of this. If you take away the point of WoE, no one will do it.

Unfortunately I don't think there's actually any way to prevent rate increases from effecting the drop tables of specific targets.

Could be map specific. That would be way easier to implement.

"If I can't have it, nobody should have it" mentality that some people got here. I mean, if you want a god item you're free to create a guild and work for it. Is it easy? No. But that's why it's called god items. 

That mentality is all over MMOs these days. WoW killed the MMO scene and made players so lazy it's insane.

and a simple way to do it is replace the Treasure "Monster" with a Treasure "NPC", like those in Horror Toy Factory, Faceworms Nest etc. NPC rates cant be altered.

Also a good option.

#73 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

gods aren't nearly as strong in renewal in terms of WoE impact.

gives a good goal and motivation for end game that the game needs.

#74 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

I enjoy the WoE for what it is. There is no game that compares. So, people participate in WoE for god items and to be the most dominate.

When, I play because I enjoy it more than anything.

So what your saying is that, the ones that want to participate in WoE for god items and to be the most dominate are the ones that matter the most? Because, I can assure you the players that WoE for fun will quit in an instant if things get too un-balnced.

Edited by mattxor, 31 July 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

At the current state of the game, it's updates and basically it's mechanics, none of the god items are powerfull enough to completely throw off the balance between guilds, even if some manage to get a few of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users